/40kg/ Warhammer 40,000 General

Well Thought Out Rules Edition

>Daemons PDF
mega.nz/#!Q0MXyZrC!x1ENQubDj7wfqGvzzR5nr3284piWc6QyHDl_ZtBJXMM

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/22/faction-focus-the-thousand-sonsgw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Video
youtube.com/watch?v=PlQqri1FuRQ&t=0s[Open]

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JIJGLijn5QY
youtu.be/jm3WPlCFU24
imagine3dminiatures.com/en/hc-svnt-dracones
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

your dudes>pre-existing dudes

Currently working on my second tankbusta squad. Even if orks suck on the table, at least it's still fun converting them.
Also rebasing my nobs to put them on 32mm bases.

xth for the cyootest psyker in the imperium!

Cait a shit, figures you'd also be a Dianafag

question. why do admech hate ai so much? i get that skynet and the men of iron were absolute cunts during the dark age of technology and the age of strife, but wouldn't ai be the sweetest shit ever to admech?

No
Next

my duders > your duders

Nice try, I'm onto you
32mm nobs best nobs

*worst psyker

>i get that skynet and the men of iron were absolute cunts during the dark age of technology and the age of strife
thats literally it though. Made them shit themselves so much they still refuse to use it.

That was actually leftover from me throwing shade at some namefag who's shitting up another general. Forgot to remove the name before posting.

Likely excuse, /fog/boy

The Men of Iron managed to help royally fuck up humanity during the Dark Age of technology. Imagine what they'd do now.

Thats why i have 50 of them

Are you that warboss hoarding madman
You should try fielding an army that is at least 50% warbosses

why arent they in a naut?

I'm kinda new to the rules and I wanted to ask, is it better to only roll one dice for the psychic phase ?
I mean, you'll miss 2 out of 3 times but you'll never die as a result.
For 1W psykers it's better, right ?

You'll cast successfully much less, not good.
Besides, you can only roll like that if the unit has such an ability. As in, they're specifically required to do so

What faction makes the best allies for beep boops?

How many points do you think you own?

Guard, for 6gorllion infantry squads with lascannon

How the fuck do I get over the anxiety and embarrassment of actually playing my first game? And not getting salty when I lose

Man up faggot

Celestine. Her aside probably guard or Bananas.

realise most people who play this game are nerdy fags just like you.

SeeThat's basically it.

Tell the store owner or whomever usually organizes 40k games that you're a beginner and want a friendly intro game. Expect to lose up front. It's what beginners do. If you win that's a nice bonus.

Literally just force yourself to stop seeing 40k as a Veeky Forums thing. Generally you tend to find that most people have never even heard of this site, don't give a fuck if your models are painted badly, don't throw it in your face when you lose (because chances are, you will lose your first game) and are generally quite friendly and chill.

What I tend to find, especially with longer games, is that me and the other guy usually end up talking about other shit while playing, by the end of the game you might even have +1 friends.
Ultimately, you just need to stop putting in so much thought and just take the plunge.

Just got about $1000 of ork stuff for about $600.
Today was a good day, I hope you all had a good day today too.

fuck owls

My problem is going up and asking for a game, like what do people do? Just go in there and someone will be up to play? Ask someone for a game next week? Too awkward

>ask for a game, tell people I'm new
>bring Tyranids
>pretty competitive list but not full WAACfag, didn't have biovores or multiple hive fleet detachments
>opponent brought pretty much infantry-only Imperial Guard, even though he has much more competitive shit
>was visibly salty when I kicked his ass

Am I a cunt?

You play your first game with somebody you know. Failing that, contain your sperg. Go full robot if you have to, but be polite and introduce yourself. Always shake hands at the end of a game, even if you got fucking trounced. Don't hide dice rolls, and only pick up missed dice. Give your opponent the benefit of the doubt unless you know and can prove that a rule absolutely doesn't work how they said.

If you follow these steps, people will enjoy playing with you, thus lessening the anxiety.

>t. user with anxiety and depression

go to lgs or gw and tell owner you wanna play a game. either them or some other dude will play you and possibly go easy on you (definitely if it's the gw manager)

walk in and ask. if you know no one ask the manager if anyone wants a game. if the lgs has a fb page/group page, join that and post saying you want a friendly first game.

no. he is.

Could I get some “constructive criticism” for my 1500 points Tyranid list?

++Battalion Detachment (Kraken)++

Broodlord (162)
- Psychic power: The Horror

Hive Tyrant (199)
- Wings
- 2 pairs of Scything talons
- Adrenal glands & Toxin sacs
- Relic: Chameleonic mutation
- Warlord trait: Adaptive biology
- Psychic power: Catalyst
- Psychic power: Psychic scream

X12 Genestealers (144)

X12 Genestealers (144)

X20 Termagaunts (80)
- Fleshborers

X30 Termagaunts (240)
- Devourers

X20 Gargoyles (120)

Trygon (173)
- Adrenal glands

Tyrannofex (238)
- Rupture cannon

Most stores will have a facebook group. Ask the manager when the next game day/night is, and rock up with your army. Alternatively, join the facebook group and ask if anyone is up for a game some time. If they are, make a concrete date and time and explain that you are a beginner. Don't play a 2000pt game for your first one. 500pts with two squads and a dreadnought equivalent is small enough to learn basic rules and mechanics. Work your way up.
Good luck my dude.

This is why it's great to have a friend to paint and play with, it easily helps avoid some of those major negatives and stuff.

Don’t remind me of our super awesome op formations.

Ask the owner/staff. It's their job to help customers and even if they can't help arrange a game directly they should be able to point you to where you should be asking.

Don't get yer Nobz in a Naught mate.

Orkvengers to the rescue! You'll never suffer from shitty rules again! nut only if this post ends in dubs

You only have a 5.48% chance of perils, so just save your CP rerolls for then.

i used blitz brigade at the height of 7th and smashed an eldar player to pieces-- it was the only time i pwnd aeldari

It'll be hard to drop in all of those termagants with the trygon if that's what I think you're planning on doing. Try it out beforehand, you might need to interlock every model base to base to fit them.

You have a great melee flyrant, and the broodlord to back up the low model count stealer broods, but no way of really keeping that tyrannofex in line. Gargoyles need to stick close to the tyrant to stay on the board. Maybe consider dropping the tyrannofex, or fitting 100 points in somewhere for a brood of warriors to keep the t-rex shooting where you want, and to buffer melee attacks for it.

Post your armies theme /40kg/
youtube.com/watch?v=JIJGLijn5QY

youtu.be/jm3WPlCFU24

WHO ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH DECIDED THAT METAL STUDS NEED TO BE ON EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME?

Beepboop player here

What custard boys should I ally in, I really want to do this.

The terminators look rad as fuck.

So practise setting down my 30 gaunts with my Trygon and try to find synapse for my T-Rex, thanks!

You mean rivets? Play xenos.

My heart, my soul.

Bikes because your army has no mobility

its on my chaos daemons that i am having an issue. The one chaos star on my Bloodcrushers leg has 2 rivets per point of the star. Also aren't orks covered in rivets?
Also thank you for giving me the word.
I couldnt think of it.

Could be good, S8 AP-2 Dd3 punching, built in deep strike. You might also want that bannerboy who gives IMPERIUM 5++ in a bubble, against shooting

Just be happy there aren't studs holding your studs in place

The morale banner is probably better. Everything already has an invlun anyways.

>guardfag was salty

Shocking

*RIVETING INTENSIFIES*

What are bloodcrushers? Is that an aos name for Juggernauts

Just got a response from Z on an order, confirming the models I want. How long does it usually take for the paypal invoice to be sent through?

Not too long probably, my guy takes about a day after confirmation

Nah Bloodcrushers are the elites for Khorne Daemons. The bloodletters riding juggernauts.

Within the next 24 hours. I've had them arrive within an hour before.

Why are astropath rules so shitty ?

What a silly name, how do you crush blood

I dont ask questions i just let khorne lead me to the next battle.

Sweet, thanks guys. First time ordering from based chinaman

Funny how they're shit but they still got a points increase in CA

angrily

Moon man ready to clear all the subhuman normies from the hive.

It really is too bad, I love old imperial psykers models.
By the way, it's not allowed to have renegade psykers in a 40k chaos army, is it ?

Why wouldn't they be allowed? Malefic Lord spam was the #1 thing until they got nerfed

No kidding, moon man indeed

whats the best part of the galaxy to have fanfiction?

Not in chaos marines, but you can always take allies from Renegades And Heretics who have a hq that's a whole unit of rouge psykers, or you can take the maelific lord who's a big dick psyker.

is he going to bang every porch monkey easily, busily?

This was so stupid. They dont even have models right?

Dont contaminate your army with renegade and heretic forgeworld crap.

That entire list is for conversion bait.
Mutant ethnostate now

>I'll get FW banned from my GW, u just watch !!1!

>not liking forgeworld
You must be fun at parties.

I dont get invited to parties.

calixis sector and area immediately surrounding the maelstrom where things are normal but chaos sometimes worms it's way in.

You fellas invested some hardearned money in ugly, overpowered resin bricks?

My condolences.

Bad side of the rift, where things have gotten so messed up that certain planets are becoming accepting of mutants and xenos.

Don't spend the (You)s all in one place

If you don't like lost and the damned you should be strung up my the neck.

Go and convert something faggot.

No prob. I would drop 10 of the devourer gants. That should ease up trying to place them within range of the trygon and free up 60 pointsto begin to squeeze in warriors or a neurothrope for the t-fex.

Also to note about the trygon devilgaunt double shooting blob, leave extra space when deepstriking for the gaunts to get out, or you wont be able to place them. Set it up before hand, and measure out how far you need to ACTUALLY deepstrike the trygon. And another thing, keep a source of synapse within 24" of where you plan the gaunts to be if you want them to be shooting without penalties. Good luck!

I've just realised, how the hell are there not 3rd party Furry space marine head bits?
I want to fuck with the local autist and redshirt with some Custodes that are just off enough and through FurStodes or FemStodes would be a quick and dirty way to achieve that.
Given the 3rd part head bit market is saturated it's not too difficult to find female heads at 28mm scale, but there are no furry heads anywhere.

>play Stgyies
>MULTIPLE SIMULTANEOUS DEVASTATING DEEP STRIKES of custard terminators and melee castellans
>ULTRA RAPID DEPLOYMENTS

I'm taking 3 or 4 DA dark talons to run with my stygies electro priest spam and 5 man dragoon unit for even more dakka and some anti vehicle

also a basic cadian batallion with mortars for 3 extra CP

Who's the most optimistic race/faction in 40k?

dark eldar

Nurglings.

Tzeentch daemons are literally filled with hope.

For a speed reader: T'au

For real: Daemons of Khorne. The galaxy is literally an abattoir, and it's get worse (or better from their point of view) by every day

imagine3dminiatures.com/en/hc-svnt-dracones

>Daemons of Khorne.
I agree. They would be the happiest fuckers in the entire universe and immaterium if not for the fact they hated happiness.