/mgg/ - Monster Girl General

"Hail Druella and the Lilims" edition.

Just like previous thread(s), post and discuss about anything MGE, MGQ or generally relating to the world building of a Monstergirl setting.

Previous thread: Sister /qst/ thread: Monster Girl Encylopedia Wiki: mgewiki.com/w/Main_Page

And question to start the thread, what monster girls would you most likely see in a seat of power or political position? Well it's likely succubi; especially Lilims would be very much politicians and national leaders since the Demon Lord is also a succubus. But other monster girls do you think make excellent leaders in politics or in an adventuring party even? And in the topic of leadership, some peeps in previous threads have pointed out that Danukis are peerless traders, merchants and business people and because of that it's likely Danukis would fill the role in the financial affairs.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/k/thread/34298443/
piratepad.net/E41GY9rQQr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also it's surprising that even /k/ at one time talked about how it might be or feel like with monster girls in the military.

>desuarchive.org/k/thread/34298443/

Let's start off the thread on a high note

>Monsterboys
no, higher
>Straight monsterboys

If you want to build a coherent setting with monstergirls in it, monsterboys are probably a good first step.

They were... surprisingly positive.
I'd ask a similar question here: If monsters were just around today (NOT MGE's monstergirls, just monstergirls and/or monsterboys in general), do you think each species would fall into a particular social niche?
Like the OP said, would a bunch of politicians end up being succubi because people find them attractive and likeable? I could see more succubi and the such dominating the acting (and adult acting) scene.

Reminder that even Resident Evil-style space zombies are not safe from MGE Demon Energy Corruption/Monsterization.

Wait, we have a /d/ lite thread?

Yes, now get in.

That's Demi-chan, but aside from Dullahan that might have just been normal high school animu archetypes.

Also, Centaur's Worries. The existence of DRASTICALLY physically different species would probably have led to same level of political correctness, too.

Do you think the existence of vastly different species would lead to less regular-ass racism and the such from humans to other humans as well?

>Regional versions of other species
>Certain species that are on a wholly different power level
>Species incompatible in entirely physical sense (water and fire elementals, for example)

Without a strong unifying hand and strict rules it's gonna be a disaster.

I'm already in the regular /d/ monstergirl thread. And this is blue board, so I can't post

Does this count?

It'd be also easy to explain why there are no humonsters on the monster continent.

/vip/ here, spider girls are the only monster girls you need.

Maybe there's some explanation that such a world has higher levels of empathy, so people are less likely to fight with one another?
Or some kind of mass political movement at some stage gave everyone a "Greater Good" kind of mentality?
Or because there are things SO different everyone just kind of has to adopt at least some minor amount of cultural understanding?
... optimistic sci-fi rules, everyone works together mostly well enough because "there's more that unites us than divides us"?

I'm grasping at straws here man, I don't want the monstergirl/boy setting to end up as either planet-side Only War or a totalitarian nightmare state, that makes my heart sad.

But then how will guys like me even compete?

you can't, meaning you're in the same situation as human women have always been in in monster girl settings

By having compatible personalities, doing things you enjoy together and a little bit of luck. There's not somebody out there for everyone, but if you try to be the best version you can be, the sort of person you'd date if you were the type of person you're interested in, you can maximise your chances.
I believe in you user, get out there and make the monstergirls and monsterboys happy to be around you!

Aww, thanks user. I'd do my best to get good and marry a super cute dragon, filling the world with small lizard boys and girls.

You go for it, user. We're all rooting for you.

Can you do me a favor and name one of them after me though?

By being exotic and compatible with any monster specie - humans can fuck anything, and some of the girls are curious and want to try the fabled human sluts.

Are you that one krieger who took over a monstergirl planet alone?

No, but I knew him. Glad to hear he succeeded, hope he found some peace.

And also that he met his end at the hands of the Emperor's devout but let's keep this professional please

Well I believe you soon should get few of his daughters to help out in the mission to redemption. (Our Rusted-Lady picked them up, good thing we got few kriegers on the ship already)

I'm not actually sure I agree - people are really good at scaling up and down the differences between in-groups and out-groups.
In a world with a diversity of intelligent species people will just pick some species to be "us" and others "them". It's quite plausible that racism will follow a similar course and intensity as it has for us.

Proposed alternate stats:
You have three stats.
STR
DEX
CON

These double as
INT
WIS
MAG

Distribute points from 2-4 amongst your STR/DEX/CON, and also INT/WIS/MAG.
The stats that have the same number are linked.

Basic test: roll stat number of d6s to beat target number.

Corruption:

When you get monsterized partially, turn one of the dice into a monster dice. Choose a stat. One of those dice becomes a monster dice; roll d10s instead of d6s for each monster dice for one stat, and the corresponding stat will throw d2s for each monster stat.

As you grow in monstrous form, you may experience great strength at cost of your intelligence, you may gain in willpower as your dexterity decreases, your magic may be boosted as your physical body becomes frail and easily manhandled.

How would that go?

Firstly: Achievable goals. We'll discuss Corruption, if it's part of the game, after finishing basic char gen.

Secondly: I can't help but notice there's no social stat there. Which in a game that could be just as much if not more about social than physical actions, seems really important.

>Secondly: I can't help but notice there's no social stat there. Which in a game that could be just as much if not more about social than physical actions, seems really important.
I thought about it, and frankly that's what the mental scores are for. In this sort of game, if you have someone who' s going to dump charisma, it's going to be a murderhobo deus vult game. And everyone else will max charisma otherwise. I would suggest that any combat, social or physical, be a series of roll offs between two individuals.

As for basic chargen, you can't just tag on corruption after the fact. If you want to put in something like so you have to bake it in.

I am going to advocate a super light system easy to make characters with with over something like a percentile system. No need to make things so finely divided.

If it keeps away /monster/, it's a genuine improvement.

I guess I can see where you're coming from:
STR, DEX and CON are your physical stats, while INT, WIS and MAG act as social and mental. It's split even that way. I was going to suggest having more social-related Attributes than just CHA, but this basically does that. Might fiddle with the names for theming later though.

I can see Corruption being made after char-gen; it acts as modifiers to the character the more corrupt they get. A comparison was made to the mutation tables from Dark Heresy, which are just that.
If a character ends up with, I don't know, the "Porcelain Skin" corruption effect, they'd get worse at CON-based skills and better at WIS-based ones.

But then, that's assuming you even go down the same skills route as was talked about last thread.

On a more personal note, I actually find a percentile system EASIER to use than a D6 system, but maybe that's just me.

>I was going to suggest having more social-related Attributes than just CHA
Charisma is appealing to emotion, Intelligence to authority, wisdom to logic.

Bam, we now have the beginnings of a social combat system

I was mostly thinking you can pick up features while being corrupted, that also give you a monster dice to mess around with. So you only have a limited amount of corruption before you bottom out, so to speak, while also meaning there's always the slimmest possibility of someone being equal the other person; the smallest maximum number you can roll is 4 (two negative monster die for 2d2) vs someone rolling all 1s on a 4d10.

Skills and equipment allows you to do simply do things, as opposed to modifying your rolls. For example, you'd need claws, a sword, or kickboxing to fight with or you're going to get overpowered by someone who has them. (Most monsters will have such weapons). You'd need a spellbook to do most arcane spells for example, and extra skills learned gives you more ways in which to act, which is how you improve your character.

You'll note this heavily pushes the game towards "the only way to get better is through corruption, which is power at a price". Which I think would be a perfectly good thing for it, which is also why you need to be able to roll up characters quickly, since you may very well end up going through a lot of them quickly.

One of the anons from last thread checking in, after the other guy pointed it out I do have to agree. A percentile system will be way easier and simpler, which is kinda what I think should happen since it's at the core an ERP game, so we've been rolling with that idea. However I do have to work today so I won't be able to post a huge amount until later.

>percentile

Percentile with... what, a skill list? Now THAT is going to be complex, and unfun. You're going to have to go through an entire list of things and players are only going to be good at a few things or mediocre at half the things, and playstyle is going to be limited to that.

It also feels so... generic to me. You might as well say reskin AdEva yes that's the joke.

>Discuss corruption
can we just leave it in non-necessary rules? I doubt many people will want to run straight-up MGE.

That sounds a lot like 'Charisma gets the bum end of the deal'. What does Charisma do OTHER than social if the other mental stats can do social stuff just like Charisma can?

This I like, at least in concept; having the 3 social attributes apply to different types of convincing.
It also means you can build a "smart is sexy" character which pleases me immensely.

>Generic
We only have so many die to choose from, user. If you've played more D6 games like Shadowrun or WEG, you're going to feel that's generic. If you play more D20 games like D&D, that's going to feel generic, etc. There is no non-generic dice system.

The skill list might not be very long, and how is having percentiles any more complex than having, say, a d20 system? "Add this to your roll, if you pass DC you succeed" vs "Your skill is your DC, roll under it to succeed".

I think one thing that should be hashed out is how do we want sex to play?

I figure it should be something left to the DM- you could do this as a joke campaign and say- x and y did it, and leave it at that, or you could delve deeper into it if you wanted.

Perhaps have a mechanic for ‘lust out’ where you can incapacitate foes with sexy.

>Lust out
I have to imagine that'd be a form of social victory, victory by seduction.

Other than that, I'd say DM territory, it's a personal preference thing.

Just as Constitution is your ability to no-sell the horrifying shit the world throws at you physically, Charisma is also your ability to no-sell other people's arguments and mental influence. Unlike constitution, it can also be used offensively, to overpower someone else with sheer force of personality, but that's only reliable if their Cha is less than yours.

Like the physical stats, Intelligence and Wisdom can be used to solve the same sorts of problems, but they're different ways of solving the problem. If there's burning debris blocking your path, Strength clears the path by shoving it out of the way, Dex does nimble acrobatics to get over it, and constitution goes FUCK YOU THIS AIN'T SHIT and just walks through it.

>We only have so many die to choose from, user. If you've played more D6 games like Shadowrun or WEG, you're going to feel that's generic. If you play more D20 games like D&D, that's going to feel generic, etc. There is no non-generic dice system.
It's not the die, it's the whole "you roll this die, and that's it"

Look at Shadowrun, where you've got the rule of six, and edge dice and dice pools.

Look at Kamigakari where moves need certain dice to match, or even dice or odd dice that you switch from a resource pool.

If you're going to make a system, sure, you can half-ass it and just say "yeah do roll under", which is about one step away from saying "I'm going to homebrew D&D or make another D20 derivative". Or you can actually bake such a gimmick into the rules itself that will get people into the feel of the game. Where you can go big monster and roll 4d10 dice for strength at the cost of 4d2 for thinking with your head instead of your dick, or you can proudly say you're rolling straight sixes and haven't stumbled once in your journey.

That's the feeling I want to get across. Do something BOLD, do it from the start. Not just crib off other systems and tack bits on like you'd tack monster bits onto a girl to make it look like shit cosplay.

I’m thinking more they are so horny they cannot continue, at which point you can follow through, or move on.

Similar to CoC.

>CHA is social CON
>constitution goes FUCK YOU THIS AIN'T SHIT and just walks through it.

this is weirdly accurate for all those moments in anime where the protagonist goes "Fuck you you're wrong" without actually arguing why the other guy's are wrong.

because nigger subhuman furries and scum go shit up /k/.
I mean, I frequent /mgg/ everytime I see it, but that is on Veeky Forums.
the fact you go nigger up /k/ with this is fucking infuriating. I hate you.

The idea that was floated yester day is a background core stats (Str, Dex, Con etc.) those directly translate into skills, so you have a 4 con that means any skill based off con is 40 base. Then again this is all first draft so as we go on we can easily tweak things. Also as for generic it might be but I'm not out to help reinvent the doc system, I'm just trying to help other anons play in their waifu setting with a system to back it up.

Please
Please
Even if i can't stop you on doing anything else, i beg you

NO

NO

PLEASE, ABSOLUTELY NO SEX MECHANICS.
You win the scene, you get priority on describing the lewd. That's it. No rolling.

Not everything needs rules.

driers should have spider legs, not tails flying from their asses

>spider girls
ugh
>spider girls like that
10000 x ugh

>all the great heroes are handsome, polite, and as dense as a neutron star

>because they're too stupid to follow logic, not well read enough to be awed by facts, and have charisma for days to avoid being overpowered by supernaturally attractive girls

Yeah, that'd be a social victory by seduction - same as a social victory by charm or whatever would be literally talking them into not wanting to fight you any more.

Okay, I see where you're coming from much better now.
The concept of "monstrous traits" or what have you (not specifically corruption because, like another user said, not everyone might want to use that particular method) is a good one, it's baked into the system already, and your example was a very good one.
Sure, you can choose to be monster for the ability to punch hard and get as hard as you give, but you're going to be a lot slower and lose your empathy.
Those are all fantastic points, and need to be considered now at char gen.

*baked into the SETTING
Really key difference, holy shit.

Also yes that was an idea yesterday we'll work on it later but a buddy system that empowers you and let's you do things a normal human can't. Different monsters will directly affect your stats and give you different ways to handle situations based off their lore.

However that is down the road and we're focusing on the ground up.

oh god it's actually working

>Mfw realized most anime heros that are meh at combat and such just have maxed Cha, some with con as well

The Other user from the last thread here.
As someone who proposed the D100 system, is a god damn genius for starting with that as a baseline.
Not trying to re-invent the wheel is one thing, but you need a Unique Gimmick and the emphasis on Monsterisation/the being monstergirls if you start as one is it. Make that closer to the core of what this is built around.
Also if people are into it there's some fetish fuel you can definitely wring out of it.
The setting itself isn't unique, anyone can throw cute monster girls into their world, so something unique as a foundation is pretty vital.

I like the linked stats, and I like the 3/3 social/combat split someone mentioned earlier, and the 3 social skills being essentially different kinds of appeals; to emotion, logic, etc.

If a D6 is the best way we can all make these ideas work, I'm down for switching over to it.

Emotion, logic, lewd?

So where does "Fuck your argument I have money" fall in this scale?

Lewd definitely comes under emotion.
Authority was the given one, which fits with the idea of WIS quite well.

CHA: "You've got to believe me, I wouldn't lie to you."
INT: "You've got to believe me, here's some well-laid out reasons as to why."
WIS: "You've got to believe me, I know better than you."

>If there's burning debris blocking your path, Strength clears the path by shoving it out of the way, Dex does nimble acrobatics to get over it, and constitution goes FUCK YOU THIS AIN'T SHIT and just walks through it.

>you encounter somone that is wrong online. INT is spending hours finding the exact passage of a research paper that proves them wrong, WIS is pointing out the logical fallacies they're using, and CHA is calling him a faggot

It even works for Veeky Forums!

Money is the ability to never need to engage in those arguments, user.
Bribes are a hell of a drug.

Veeky Forums does have notoriously low CHA, no wonder that never works. It's not like we can even roll for seduction either, there's too much internet in the way!

you've flipped WIS and INT. Knowledge checks are universally about memorized facts and fall under intelligence. Wisdom the thinking and logic side, with a dash of perception too. Sherlock Holmes has a high wisdom score, being able to spot details and find the connections, but a shit int, as exemplified by his knowledge of astronomy. Which is best summed up as "I can see the stars. Therefore someone has stolen my tent". One of the stories has him surprised to learn there are nine planets in the solar system (before pluto was rightly downgraded)

Actually the more I think about it the more I agree, in between pretending to work because there's fuck all going on, a system that gives unique boosts for being x over y definitely does sound a better idea. Whenever the other guy gets here it'd definitely be something to run by because I'd be down to rework, it'll be much easier now than later since we just started last night.

Heh looks like I should refresh the page before replying.

Other guy is here, she approves highly. Hello again, user!

Hiya, I'll be in and out because I'm at work but I'll put in input when I can. Will admit though I haven't played a huge amount of D6 systems so I'm gonna have some reading up to do when I get home, but I'm down.

If we don't want corruption in there, it can be unchanging and just how much monster you are. That works too!

Thanks for the support.

I've whipped up a quick piratepad document and thrown together my ideas anyone can do whatever with it from here. Or probably see the whole thing vandalised, but eh.
Whoever wants to change it or flesh out the system can do so.

piratepad.net/E41GY9rQQr

For conflict resolution, if we're doing D6s:

RISUS has a neat feature, where if you beat someone in a roll, you reduce their pool by one. You could do something similar here, where if you beat someone's roll, you get to reduce their pool by one dice. In particular, you can go after particular features of the enemy and prevent them from using the associated monster dice. For example, if you beat a hellhound trying to bite you, you can play out that you've managed to get something over her head that stops her from biting further, and thus reduce her STR pool.

Of course, reducing someone's STR or other thing to 0 means they're helpless and have lost. Similarly if someone's logic or willpower (int and cha) are reduced to 0 they can't fight any more.

How's that sound for a narrative system?

Money allows you to attack their charisma directly! People will be swayed more easily if you offer them money. Turn them into your slaves by offering them a wage!

I was thinking more that emotion goes for the penis in you heart.

Like-
>emotion: do you really want to kill the Loli-doggirl with those puppy dog eyes?
Vs.
>lust: do you want to fuck the doggo

Cheers, my man.
I've saved a quick snip shot of the page as-is, just in case we need a back-up restore.

As you were the one with the idea, do you think skills should be things that allow you to even attempt certain acts, or numerical things affected by your attributes?
Are skills and equipment (natural or artificial) interchangeable in use, in that one can have a sword or be skilled as a boxer to use STR for physical confrontation?

Hmm. On the one hand this encourages alternate solutions - if your opponent is incredibly intelligent, even as someone quite smart you might not be able to out-fact them, so you'll need to fight them using something else.
The problem is all that needs to be done is find an opponent's weak point and the fight is almost over. If you end up with a party of people who are decently well-rounded, you'll practically never fail because you'll always have some way to strike where your opponent is weakest. Which I guess makes sense for the setting - the only well-rounded characters are humans, and all the monsters have glaring weaknesses like, say, being soft and squishy or being easy to seduce - but it sets of balance alarms in my head for some reason. I dunno, I like the theory, maybe I'd need to see it in practice.

That does sound like a pretty neat mechanic to use, however like said it creates an ability for any party that decides to cover bases to roll through everything. While not bad for this kind of setting it raises the question is that what people are wanting or are they after a little more of a struggle?

On the flip side it does make complete sense that say a dragon rider would be able to handle pretty much any monster girl that isn't all that strong. It adds a kind of specialization if you're after that and makes it so you can build your character to grab your dream waifu.

How about you need to defeat two sets of stats to defeat someone, or possibly level number of stats?

So, at level 1 you can suffer the loss of one stat, while at level 6 you need to lose 18 rolls to be out.

>As you were the one with the idea, do you think skills should be things that allow you to even attempt certain acts, or numerical things affected by your attributes?
>Are skills and equipment (natural or artificial) interchangeable in use, in that one can have a sword or be skilled as a boxer to use STR for physical confrontation?

I was thinking it's interchangeable, but it's a lot harder to counter a skill than it is to counter a feature, and it's a lot easier to disarm someone than to remove a skill or feature.

A sword can be disarmed, which leaves you in a whole lot of shit, but you can't take away someone's ability to kickbox.

This

Ah, I getcha. So in an attempt to, say, charm someone into something:
Your clothes can be dirtied, or simply out of fashion.
Your... assets... can be ignored.
Your ability to actually talk well is much harder to ignore.
It's a scale of ease to overcome. That's neat, I like that.

>Monster Girl Encylopedia
Nope. Nope nope nope.

I am ALL for theorycrafting on what lamia society and political structure would look like, but FUCK that setting.

> not attacking the furfags.

That's the reason why /k/ is shit you faggot, you gave them a place and they took it away and that's why they aggravate you.

Monstergirlfags basically are furfags, that's why they won't.

>implying
Bipedal Scorpiongirls are objectively best monstergirls

>PLEASE, ABSOLUTELY NO SEX MECHANICS.
Why? It's literally the reason MGE exists. If you don't want ERP then why are you using a fetish setting?

>Your... assets... can be ignored.
Heck, they can be taken out of play.
>Someone declares "Flat chests are justice!"
>you take mental damage

>Bipedal
I sleep.

Yeah, that description is outdated, the setting we've ended up making a system for is removed from that setting (as is discussion on this thread generally.)

I think in future there will need to be various wikis to monstergirl/boy focused settings to show all the possible influences rather than just sticking with the one.

That out of the way, Lamia political structure? Do go on.

Slapping the top half of a human on top of a scorpion is a pretty fucking shit design mate

Would she glow in the dark like that? Why do they glow anyway?

Except that's not how demonic energy works. A monstergirl rapes a guy enough, his tastes change to suit her body

That doesn't sound like a bad idea, makes it so as you get stronger you can give and take more before being brought down. Also I'd figure some like is saying should definitely be accounted for. Certain stats can be dropped if you can over power them but others that are just part of you can't really be taken away unless with like the kickboxing example someone outright over powers and restrains your ability to do such.

>Implying I want that
>Implying a cosplaygirls faggot has taste enough to call anything shit

>People that don't wear fursuits are furfags.

refer to 1d4chan. newfaggot.

More because it's pointless to actually mechanise sex.
What, you roll CON to see how long you can last? You roll INT to know where to touch him?

It's something to be roleplayed, not rolled for.

Have you ever used sex mechanics? They suck. They get in the way, they serve no purpose, and they inherently ruin any sense of eroticism

Well then what the fuck do you want?

>Charisma is appealing to emotion, Intelligence to authority, wisdom to logic.
This isn't quite right somehow. I need to think about just how though.

Hey, the setting isn't MGE specific. Corruption is an optional rule, from what I can gather from the discussion.
Same as if the guy you're attempting to seduce with your titties is gay, he's not going to be affected by them. Gays more or less don't exist in the MGE setting, so sod that.

>that description is outdated,
Then why is it in the fucking OP?
>Lamia political structure? Do go on.
Yeah, fuck no. Threads like these are precisely why I CAN'T talk about that shit on Veeky Forums without some asshole trying to derail the thread to talk about how monstergirls live solely to secure human cummies or some other gay shit.

Sex mechanics add nothing to the game.

if: both A and B character want sex: they sex
If A wants sex but B doesn't want sex, they fight, and the winner gets their way with the loser, or gets to go unmolested.

If A and B want sex but only their way, they fight, and whoever wins gets to be on top

Adding rolls after that point is pointless and you can do much better ERP scenes without having to roll for positioning.

If you've done said hello to someone monstergirl fashion ie nonconsensually loved multiple times yes, but we're talking about in the context of a social battle where different people want different things. IE if you're trying to get someone into bed for the first time.

>tells me to refer to 1d4chan
>calls others new
Oh the ironing