/40kg/ Warhammer 40,000 General

Im the only one capable of making new threads edition

>Daemons PDF
mega.nz/#!Q0MXyZrC!x1ENQubDj7wfqGvzzR5nr3284piWc6QyHDl_ZtBJXMM

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/22/faction-focus-the-thousand-sonsgw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Video
youtube.com/watch?v=PlQqri1FuRQ&t=0s[Open][Open]

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

I AM FORTIFYING THIS THREAD

Firstforbland

Which army would best help me embody the the writings one finds in The Wealth of Nations?

Post your stratagem wishlist for unreleased codices.

2nd for Magnus never nuthin’ wrong

the ork CA stratagems made me lose all hope for anything halfway interesting

BUT REECIUS SAID THEY WERE TOP TIER NOW

>Orange Imperial Fists.

Does anyone know how to paint a proper YELLOW Imperial Fist? Looking for a recipe that I can use for them/Iron Warriors.

Top tier never means "interesting".

>dark eldar
>Unearthly agility 2cp
At the end of your opponents movement phase but before any reserves you may use this stratagem. You may move one of your units as if it was your own movement phase.

Shooting phase
Select an enemy unit that has been targeted by at least one markerlight. Each time a unit make a wound roll of 6+ on selected target it inflicts a mortal wound in addition to the normal damage
3cp

Faith Rewarded
All your CP
GW delivers plastic Sisters to your house.

I’m really liking the idea of new sisters units, post hopes, thoughts and ideas.

I liked this one:
>sisters-recusant, 18ppm
>M6” WS3+ BS3+ S3 T3 A2 Ld8 Sv3+
>bolt pistol and absolver’s glaive, S+1 AP-1 +1A on a turn they charged.
>wrath of the faithful: on a turn they charged, this unit adds one to their strength characteristic

>SoB
>Stratagem for each of the holy trinity
>Flamers re-roll number of hits
>Meltas re-roll damage inflicted
>Bolters fire again on hit rolls of 6

Blood of Martyrs
3 CP
Destroy a unit of SoB to give an allied unit of Grey Knights +1 A for the rest of the turn.

>DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA v2
>1 or 2 CP
>Use this stratagem during your shooting phase and pick a unit. For each successful hit scored when shooting with the chosen unit, you can make an additional shooting attack using the same weapon profile. ((fun version: each successful hit can generate more hits)) These additional attacks do not generate more attacks.

I always wanted to make witch hunter sisters. Mounted on horse back, with hawks and hounds for catching heretics.

But then FW stole my idea for SoS

Yea and space marines are top tier now. It doesn't mean the army was interesting.

>Always wanted to start a Tau army
>Somehow ended up with Talons of the Emperor ordered
At least I found it with a 20% discount on GW price. Also I managed to get a box of guard with 40% discount. Something went really wrong. I hope I will sell the fugly dread and rhino quickly I'm thinking about keeping the sisters to use them as longswords in AoS or SCE warband in Shadespire

TSons
Stratagem to swap the location of one of my units with an enemy that's within 12" of my unit, provided both are Infantry and neither have the keyword character

With how rules are going I almost want to bet the Repentia will need to pay CP to get a FnP style save for a phase.

If they may Acts of Faith cost CP I may need to start an actual War of Faith.

>2cp

>each roll of 6 to hit hauses 2 additional hits

this is much easier

Recommend me bits to make a second Eversor so that they're not identi-pose

MY
DICK

stratagems and command points are a shitty meme and should be squatted

So it's kind of off for something like sisters sized?

If AoF are CP based I might actually burn GW HQ.

That would be anothe giant fuck you to the player base again.
They are basically asking for it now

Fulgrim when?

Please go away frog poster

>28 mm scale

>For each successful hit
>>implying orks are allowed to hit in the shooting phase anymore
lmao

Yeah, the Living Saint bundle made me want to mail my army to the HQ with a letter that I'm giving the army up because of their bullshit.

Their treatment of Sisters actually almost killed my love of the hobby. I've managed to preserve it by finding some nuttery in the Ad Mech I can enjoy.

WELL
SHIT

>the fun version
>flash gitz and lootas now the most fucking terrifying units in the game
I like it

Yeah, next CA needs to change it so you always hit on a 6+ instead of this bullshit we got now. If we autofail on 1s we should auto succeed on 6s.

>Orks infantry ability: All Ork infantry models are immune to negative hit modifiers

This is how it should work
>after rolling for hits you may use this stratagem and add all 6s as additional hits
Or
>all 6s hit twice no need to roll them to hit

I even made a coteaz counts-as I liked the idea so much

Yeah, why is auto-wounding on a 6 a thing regardless of how mismatched S vs T is, but rolling a 6 to hit can fail?

Eversor, not Callidus, user

Because fuck Orks apparently.

I want a DKoK stratagem that would allow them to fire an unit twice in the same shooting phase. In order to limit cheese, the second round of fire could only be directed towards a unit within 9" of their initial target.

>Blood of Martyrs
>3 CP
>Destroy a unit of SoB to convert an allied unit of Grey Knights' Save into an Invulnerable save until the start of your next turn.

You can only fail on both given modifiers, it's just that negative modifier to hit is a thing while negative modifier for your enemy to wound isn't.

Just something I shat out on the spot to spite the current crappy DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA
I'll take any good things, I want Ork shooting to be viable

This is fluffier than mine I suppose.

Why? Should armor always save on 6s because stacking ap is broken?

Orks should just fight them in melee AND treat their shots on a unit as a lucky bonus

Then Orks need to be even cheaper so no one is even paying for their shooting.

Why shouldn't I put my land raider or any other vehicle on a round or oval base? I think that giving it a matching base would add more flavour and and cross-army theme

Can't wait for the codex to balance orks and all the ork players turn into waacfags.

>ywn have a souless GF

That's not at all helpful.

I want tau and eldar melee to be viable.

So you are saying we need to add minus to wound modifiers? Perfect idea.

Considering Guard are the only ones who managed to get a really good book out of the recent updates I'm going to doubt it.

Wulfen up a Space wolves infantry/cav unit, give them death frenzy and 5+++.

Tau melee should be Kroot and other alien allies.

Actually, why the fuck don't we have more alien allies for Tau already?

>disgustingly resilient becomes a -1 to wound instead of save-after-the-save
How does this affect the game?

>AoS or SCE

So, just got this. Anything that's not been leaked yet? Or should I just dump the rules?

But you Don't? Thought shootas were free?

Like they'll probably balance it. It's just still index so it seems unfair. Like ork shit is cheap right now, when codex comes around I'm willing to bet they'll have some insanely cheap hard hitting stuff.

I'm pretty sure I do

Because battlesuits, user.

Dakka Dakka Choppa Choppa.
2cp
Double the attacks characteristic of all models and ranged weapons in the chosen unit until the end of the next morale phase. That unit ignores all modifiers. Unit the end of the next morale phase.

post any lore about them stomping on Tau

And nids.
And everyone else is modestly balanced.
Only ones underperforming are admech and gk.

Completely baffled how you got that idea.
I'm saying the fact that to-wound modifiers could exist but don't, is useless to point out.

No, I mean the base model shouldn't be paying for his BS skill since it's fucking pointless.

Show me the Wardens page pretty please

>Your SoS gf will never sign you how much she loves you
>Your soul will never be torn apart by long cuddling sessions with her
>She'll never let you try her bolter and power claymore
>She'll never tell you about how she and her squadmates rekt a whole squad of rubric marines

Some people are playing more than one game mare

>My Shoota Mob the 'Beakie Bashers' has gone from designated 'cannon fodder' to 'kills shit dead' the last few games, and that's without using CA stratagems
Zog me user, that might actually make me want to use stratagems now.

>balance orks and all the ork players turn into waacfags.
Orks are a helluva lot more balanced than the shitshow they were before. I'm WAY more worried they're gonna cripple the Orks in the codex than do anything that benefits the greenskins.

You're frustrated about negative hit modifiers, but you're presenting it as 'why can shooting fail but wounding can't?'. Neither can, we just have abusable to hit modifiers. We should fix this by not allowing hit modifiers to stack.

I think this might actually work out to be a negative, as long as GW doesn't do something stupid like make an army or area wide negative to wound modifier. Essentially signalling that distraction carnifexes are immune to small arms fire is going to lose you a lot of the spam that probably wouldn't have hurt it anyway, but would have hit the rest of your army, while the army wide effect is probably going to be way too strong.

Harlequin models are good mobile poses

This makes me sad actually. I mean battle suits are neat and all but I want to see more cool alien shit.

1cp prepared sacrifices
For the rest of the game you may consider the turn one turn higher for the purposes of power from pain tables.

Boyz
>(2 base + 1 choppa + 1 mob + 1 Warpath) × 2 stratagem
6pt Boy with 10 Attacks.

No leaks so far, a quick pic of all the rules would be pretty cool of you.

>Half the point of Orks should be considered a bonus

Wardens and colour schemes

I think he meant "base attack characteristic" but didnt write it out

Because only weebs play T''a''''u now, and they want nothing but mecha suits

Can we get the lore about the new colors of Custodes?

>implying nids didnt go from bottom of the barrel, struggles against orks tier garbage to top tier with their codex release

It is sad. The auxiliaries are one of the most interesting elements of the Tau and it is pretty much ignored now.

Wah wah wah

Nids look good but they don't stir my Hive Mind like the 4th ed book did. I don't know why.

And the underperforming Ad Mech does make me a bit sad since I shelved my Sisters due to frustration and am looking at starting Ad Mech.

Splinter Racks
2CP
Use this stratagem in the shooting Phase. Select one friendly Raider on the board. All units embarked in that Raider and wholly equipped with Splinter Weapons may immediately shoot a second time.

Grotesquerie
2CP
Use this Stratagem before the game begins. Select up to 3 units of Grotesques and roll a D6 for each. They then gain the corresponding bonus from the table below: 1- +1Attack 2- +2 Movement/Charge/Advance 3- +1Strength 4- +1Toughness 5- +1Wound 6- +1 to Invulnerable Saves.

“That one’s mine!”
1CP
Use this Stratagem at the start of your movement phase. Select 1 friendly unit of Hellions. Roll a d6 for every enemy model each Hellion in the unit moves over during the movement phase. On a roll of 5+ that unit suffers a mortal wound.

I’m pretty sure I could come up with more, but work is getting busy. Fuck me.

Hmm well disgustingly resilliant is a flat 1/3 damage reduction.

But most units only have one wound so multi damage will still kill them.
Modofying stats though isn't a flat thing like 1/6 for most cases actually it would make a 5 wound roll turn into a 6.
Which doubles their survivability.

Against something like a lass cannon they hit on 4s instead of 3s which only increases it by 1/4 survivability but lass cannon damage would be impossible to avoid.

It could actually be a buff.
Mortal wounds would fuck them hard though.

Right, I'll do the rules first and then do the unit fluff and the color schemes. Sounds good?

Nids still had flying hive tyrant spam. Orks had nothing.

Show me the white custodes.
please
Ill give you a handjob if you do

Multipliers happen before additions fuckface

user, for once, you're not a faggot

Thank fuck

You're right, she's sucked my soul right out of me