Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

When was the last time your character took to the high seas?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/PUMYw1zC
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/protective-penumbra/
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/tattoo-penumbra/]
youtube.com/watch?v=G5ZW75rsYNA
d20pfsrd.com/magic/rare-cantrips#penumbra
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Reddit image

Fucking delete this.

>When was the last time your character got high?

Just give them a custom magic item with the following as a constant effect:

d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/protective-penumbra/

>Reddit image
WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?

that picture is currently the top post on /r/dnd

That's the thing though, I'm planning on making the existence of Protective Penumbra a major plot point later down the road (long story short the big bad is rallying vampires behind his flag by giving those who pledge fealty to him a tattoo that acts as a constant Penumbra [d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/tattoo-penumbra/] which lets them do whatever the fuck they want during the day), and revealing the spell this early in the campaign seems like it'd be wasteful.

How much suffering is too much suffering for a character to go through? How broken is too broken?

Which you wouldn't know unless you were a Redditor

Saw it up on the front page

I honestly just go there for some specific vidya because /v/ is absolute cancer.

You could houserule a weaker variant then maybe? Whilst a normal parasol wouldn't work, a magical one certainly could. Having a similar spell tied to something like a parasol (maybe even make it a limited number of minutes/hours per day) certainly isn't as powerful as a constant effect bound to a tattoo. Having it as limited per day thing then means that the vamp in question can at least use it to avoid any suspicion, but it's not powerful enough for them to go out and do whatever the fuck they want in the day.

What ways are there to be a Divine Bard besides Evangelist Cleric? VMC aside, obviously.

youtube.com/watch?v=G5ZW75rsYNA

Bardadin with a 3.5 feat

L E W D

ONE HOUR
TILL
BAMBOOZLE

Warpriest has some bardlike abilities. There's also the Arcane Healer which gets Channel Energy and healing abilities which you could reflavor as Divine, and an archetype from Ultimate Disappointment called the Filidh which seems to be more of a Druid bard but which explicitly gets divine casting.

You are already bamboozled.

>You could houserule a weaker variant then maybe? Whilst a normal parasol wouldn't work, a magical one certainly could. Having a similar spell tied to something like a parasol (maybe even make it a limited number of minutes/hours per day) certainly isn't as powerful as a constant effect bound to a tattoo. Having it as limited per day thing then means that the vamp in question can at least use it to avoid any suspicion, but it's not powerful enough for them to go out and do whatever the fuck they want in the day.
Ooh, I like that. And it foreshadows the tattoos without explicitly giving them away!

Quick question that I haven't found a good answer to. Is there anything preventing a construct from being affected by an intelligent magic item's ego?

If a Battle Host Occultist has either a weapon, shield, or armor as a single panoply for all their schools, could a Battle Host with a shield as it's Panoply Bond qualify for Trappings of the Warrior since shields count as weapons?

Ocean's Voice Oracle. Take the Songbound curse for matching flavor, be Dual Cursed with Tone Deaf for laughs if you want.

I hope TotJR has a great session today.

BAMBOOZLED BAMBOOZLED BAMBOOZLED BAMBOOZLED

The fact that the ego has fuckall to influence or overthrow

So question: do regular old cats exist in starfinder? Wanna give my players a pet for flavor.

Care to explain further? I'm imagining a conscious magic item being granted an artificial body with no mind to fight against, and thus a body to control with ease. Does this work, or does ego actually require an intelligent mind to overthrow?

Think of it this way: An ultra advanced, malevolent AI can't take over an abacus

Maybe something like a Occultist (Reliquarian) with the performer panalopy, or a spiritualist (Onmyoji) with some buff abilities.

Bam
Boozled

There is a cantrip variant you can try and use.

d20pfsrd.com/magic/rare-cantrips#penumbra

B-b-b-bamboozled.

>The "noob who only watched Critical Role" is the first to publically call Dictator out on the roll20
Apologize.

Besides the Brawler who can delve into different style chains, what other 1pp class/archetype can capitalize on them? Brawler gets specific features that helps them meet prerequisites for the style feats. Going into style feats vanilla seems like a huge commitment.

Any other archetype that grants Martial Flexibility. There's a few out there.

Pre-nerf Master of Many Styles. There's also a Fighter archetype that does stuff with style feats. It doesn't skip pre-reqs but it has so many bonus feats it might as well.

What was the nerf for Many Styles?

I am making a dex based unchained monk, starting at level 5 with 16,000gold and need a few hints picking magic items.

I am going to be using weapon finesse with jabbing style (my GM is allowing me to use Piranha strike in place of Power attack for prereqs)

I am thinking of an Agile Amulet of Mighty Fists & the +2 items for DEX & WIS. Can you fine folks recommend any other items for me, or any replacements I should consider?

They made it so the archetype can only skip pre-reqs for the first feat in a chain, which is the only true "Style" feat. So, for example, with the previous MoMS you could grab Janni Style and then grab Janni Rush, skipping Janni Tempest in between, and still skip any requirements besides Elemental Fist. The new one would require you to not only take Janni Tempest, but also take any feats that you would have skipped previously for the base Style feat.

And in exchange they give out a wildcard slot at level 6 which, again, doesn't skip the requirements, so you have to fulfill MORE than normal in order to use it effectively.

I really, really want to punch whoever designed that nerf because it guts the archetype into oblivion.

Was it an errata or a reprint in another book? Where would you find the old version?

>Disk added to the player list for Skyfall
Looks like you fucks were wrong

t. Disk

No Mr. Salty picture, not Disk.

>disk

Errata, and I dunno. The PDFs in the trove probably have the older version.

Bump. What would be the better way to build this? TWF with shield bashing, or a shield and spear via Weapon Brace?

Actually, know what? Here, I'll copy the text over from my copy of the PDF.

>At 1st level, 2nd level, and every four levels thereafter, a master of many styles may select a bonus style feat or the Elemental Fist feat (Advanced Player’s Guide 158). He does not have to meet the prerequisites of that feat, except the Elemental Fist feat. Alternatively, a master of many styles may choose a feat in that style’s feat path (such as Earth Child Topple) as one of these bonus feats if he already has the appropriate style feat (such as Earth Child Style). The master of many styles does not need to meet any other prerequisite of the feat in the style’s feat path. This ability replaces a monk’s standard bonus feats.

Does anyone know where to get a PDF of this? I wanna flip through the book before I buy a hardcopy

A PDF of what, Pathfinder rules?

Sorry, starfinder!

Check the /sfg/ link repository up in the OP friendo.

I didnt see the pirated material section, my bad, thanks user!

If I want to run a campaign where the players end up taking on hardcore, near-godlike baddies (Whispering Tyrant, demon lords, etc.), do I have to run a Mythic game? Mythic rules just don't seem very fun.

Depends on your players. If they are any good at the system anything up to CR 25 can be easily beaten by level 20 players. If they aren't going to make characters that can one shot cthulhu then you can either just limit their mythic ranks to 3-5 for the sweet spot, lavish them with custom magic items or sprinkle free feats and inherent bonuses their direction.

Can a Creation-focused spherecaster use Alchemical Creation to create Alchemical Cartridges for firearms?

Should I use it with Fission and play it off like the Bloodborne command to sacrifice health in exchange for ammo?

Which seems more powerful, increasing the threat range of a weapon by 1 or increasing the critical multiplier of a weapon by 1?

Depends on the weapon.

For a rapier, up your multiplier. For something like a scythe, up your range.

Any way in Spheres of Might to use STR to hit with a firearm?

Increasing multiplier is always better than increasing threat range.

Late reply, but Infernal Legalist.

I was working on a mega recap of Blingmaker stuff a while back that I was going to shove in a Pastebin before tossing the URL to the thread, but I never had time to write the whole thing out.

We're in Book 2 now, and the game has been going well. Book 1 concluded after the PCs located the Swaglord's hidden base in a swamp and stormed it. The boss died like a bitch on account of bricking all his rolls. The party found his journal and it showed he knew the Brevic Crown considered him a disposable, deniable asset but didn't care as long as he could get personal revenge against Restov. Oh yeah, it turned out that Sairok the Swaglord was secretly Akiros, Kingmaker's fallen Paladin who went a step further in Blingmaker to become Antipaladin 7 with a Barb VMC and custom initiator archetype.

Anyway, after doing the Swordlords' dirty work by clearing out all the bandits threatening Restov and finding several documents confirming the Crown's backing of said bandits, the PCs were summoned to a meeting by the Swordlords, where all the cards were laid on the table. The party was told that the Swordlords feel civil war is inevitable and but aren't ready to make the first move yet. The PCs were awarded with land and titles, told to make a kingdom for themselves. This mirror's the Brevic Crown's actions in starting the nearby kingdom of Drelev, but while the official documents say the PC's kingdom (they named it Windfall) is there to support Drelev and act as a buffer against future bandit activity, in truth the PCs' job is the opposite: to humiliate, outperform, and if possible undermine Drelev in any way possible. The war between Drelev and Windfall seems like it will be a cold one, but everyone is watching as if it will be an indication of how the larger, less cold war between Rostland and Issia will go. But currently, Windfall is only a few months old and its biggest problem has been werewolves, not Drelev.

No, is right it depends on the weapon. 18-20 threat range weapons always do better with a higher multiplier, 20 threat range weapons always do better with expanded range.

are there any starfinder anons left from /sfg/?
anyone want to build more stuff with me?
i want to continue fluffing out nagartas and the rest of the species in the scitalus system

I do Starfinder stuff...man, your way of setting stuff up looks so much better than mine.

>It was a bamboozle

Well, yeah.

At this stage, it'd be weird if it wasn't.

No fucking shit. Were you really surprised when the GM shitposted about it in the thread with his name on, and then on top of that ''anonymously'' tried to drum up hype for it by namedropping it all the time?

The fact that it was lewdgame first and literally everything else second should have been EVERYBODY's first clue.

You would think! I guess the horny 19 year olds in here just couldn't keep it together.

In the session before last. One of the players was DMing since I needed a break.

We had to sail around the Akanapeaks from Airspur to Reth since the mountain pass was snowed in. There was a giant octopus as our only encounter. I took it on myself with a mighty composite (Str 15) longbow and the Critical Hit Deck.

In the next session, we'll probably go underwater to retrieve a tapestry.

>Level 6 game gets consistently high quality apps every time
>Level 1 game gets absolute shit apps constantly
I'll just app to Skies of Avalon and get in super easy

>argentum game
your funeral

Oh biy what now
Does he kill people or something

>high quality apps
Name 1 app in Skyfall that isn't garbage.

>Does he kill people or something
At least one TPK and one folded game under his belt.

Speaking as someone who applied to that for fun? There were absolutely no good apps. I don't really blame anyone besides the GM for that, without a solid hook there's only so much you can do app-wise.

Valdric

Valdric

Valdric

I'd just like to say that I have too many characters I want to play and that I will never have enough time or games to do so, and that makes me really really sad.

Did pathfinder ever convert deathless from 3.5 or any other kind of good aligned undead

Run a game with them as NPCs.

Nope.

The lead world designer hates non-evil undead with a passion; which is why Animate Dead has the [Evil] descriptor.

What's good about Valdric?

Shame. What breaks if I just wholesale rip them from book of exalted deeds and slap them into place?

Are there any witch archetypes that give a small pool of evolution points ala summoner/hunter? I want more than feats would allow but not a whole lot.

Very little.

May need to write a bit of extra fluff for Sarenrae, tho.

I don't even have time to play another game anymore, let alone run one

Well written and well rounded character.

This I had basically nothing to work with when making my app. All I gained from this experience is that clerics are really fucking boring and that I'm bad at making non-lawful characters (I usually only play Paladin or Inquisitor)

Can you get more specific? Like, can you point to one particular thing, in detail?

He's meming
If someone in my party showed up with a character like Valdric I'd laugh in their face and tell them to quit sucking their own dick

Yeah, my app was pretty shit too. First instinct was to make some borderline anarchist Vadiluna worshiper... which feel apart when she was the most popular deity by far, making the character redundant. Then the character I went with instead, I like in theory, but really not a fan of the execution I committed to. I needed to actually polish it--rather than shove it in at the eleventh hour.

Ah well, next time, I guess.

That should be easy, they're kept alive by positive energy instead of negative so that pretty much takes care of that. Also probably that one NE undead goddess hates them

You should hope that it truly is a bamboozle, for if you are chosen, you will have been dragged in by apps that will haunt you for a long time.

All of us non-celebs should make our own game or something
Like, all the apps were honesty awful but like, almost anyone except for a few I would want to play a game with
Preferably voiced but that makes it harder to post logs ';^)

Oh fuck off, you killed Akiros? But he's a good assistant normally! Goddammit.

Nah.

If it actually happens, and if I get chosen, I have the entire campaign to address my dissatisfaction. The app is just to get your foot in the door, it's not the full character.

I wish you the best of luck with that; apping is fun, as is talking about apps. /pfg/ seems to utterly despise voice; but log posting has only ever been the domain of a few.

Akiros killed the Stag Lord, got infected by the Gilding Gold, then became an Anti-Paladin. There would be no sparing him.

Log posting is normally taken from out of session PMs between those involved, so even if the game was voiced any logs worth leaking would come from a text-based conversation between the players involved.