/40krpg/ Warhammer 40k Roleplaying Games General

What are you looking forwards to in your upcoming games?

Previous Thread: For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.

>Who's making the new 40k RPGs?
ulisses-us.com/in-development-wrath-glory-for-warhammer-40000-roleplay/
Ulisses-Spiel, very well known in Germany. It's set post Gathering Storm, uses a Shadowrun-esque D6 dice pool, and is a unified line with Marines, Humans, and Xenos all playable in the core book.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.48.161023), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now includes all DH2e books.
mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Homebrews:
>The Good, the Bad, and the Alpha Legion (v1.1.8) (Total Conversion Deathwatch into the Horus Heresy)
mediafire.com/file/dghh4d6spcd6io9/
>Mars Needs Women! (v1.3.12) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)
mediafire.com/file/xtutxsxmo1k7foo/
>Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)
mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x
>The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.16) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)
mediafire.com/file/cu99mwnw75sw9y9

Other urls found in this thread:

ulisses-us.com/wrath-glory-designer-diary-december-2017/
pastebin.com/LRCcdVsq
community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/47672-mathhammer-making-ship-armour-count/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Guy doing the Genesys hack here. Got some preliminary, very unfinished rules for how I want to handle Deathwatch, if anyone's interested. Handling this more as an expansion than a dedicated game, but there's no real reason you couldn't use it to run full-blown Deathwatch campaigns.

Still need to do their armoury, and they probably need a lot of balance tweaks.

Man, you should be right but I'm the assassin.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing for the game I run, I just assume everyone is always up to something. The GM running the games I play in is not so generous. My work has taken me to some remote villages and I'm going to have to take some time off this month to study for my journeyman tests, I just know my character's going to keep getting shafted. And he had characters who joined the campaign late by a few sessions get +5 to all stats to "catch them up" instead of bonus experience. Ugh.

>And he had characters who joined the campaign late by a few sessions get +5 to all stats to "catch them up" instead of bonus experience. Ugh.
That's impressively dumb and short sighted.

The Assassin I'm playing is probably looking at a messy TPK at the hands of fucking genestealers and fucking Lictors.

The party I'm running a game for is going to go on a merry chase after an apostate downhive to an abandoned chapel at the edge of the underhive. Right when he runs through the doors he's gonna trigger the release of a trapdoor holding back a nasty beast I've cooked up. Once they kill that off, they'll have to hold the Khornate hounds from their quarry so they can put him to the question.

Yes. It amounts to thousands of xp. It's especially annoying because everyone's been playing some fairly specialized characters and I've had to make a party face and assassin at the same time with less xp than everyone. And less requisitions. My character apparently spent every session I wasn't with the group jerking off.

waxonator

I hope my next session actually happens. It's hard to get everyone in the same place. When they're all there, it's amazing, but I hate trying to play with one person gone. Also, at the point they're at in the story I kinda want everyone there. Sometimes with longer plots I can just say that their character was off chasing down leads, but this plot is only about three sessions long while having a big impact on the over-all campaign, so I'd rather they were all there.

Outside of xenos weapons, is there a list of artifact(probably imperium) weapons for Rogue Trader? or do you really have to just make your own?

I want to give my players a weapon on the same level as the Dawn Blade

So I tried to go to the old OW houserule gdoc, and it seems to be gone. Anyone have an old copy?

Does anyone know of a good Mega or torrent for Black Library Audiobooks? They're a pain to find.

I'm trying to assemble a dictionary of Imperial words which differ from modern English ones. Appreciate any that others can recommend.

Abductor - Police Van
Ablutory - Restroom
Agitator* - Microwave Oven
Auger - Sensor
Auspex - Detection Device
Autocarriage - Automotive/Car
Chirurgeon - Surgeon
Chrono - Watch
Cogitator - Computer
Counterseptic - Antiseptic
Elevatus - Elevator
Hab - Housing
Incarcery - Prison
Laud-Hailer - Megaphone
Lith - Viewing Device
Logeum - Performance stage
Magnascope* - Telescope
Magnoculars - Binoculars
Manufactorum - Factory
Opticon - Remote Camera
Parvuscope* - Microscope
Pict - Image
Pict-Capter - Camera
Pict-Capture - Photo
Pict-Cast - Video Footage
Pict-Caster - Video Display
Pict-Recorder - Video Camera
Recaff - Coffee
Regicide - Chess
Void - Space
Vox - Audio/Radio Comms
Vox-Cast - Radio Transmission
Vox-Caster - Radio Unit
Vox-Hailer - Speaker
Vox-Thief - Audio Bug

*Homebrew

thanks!
Will defo use this.

Tell me about eccentricities of rogue traders you’ve met to played as.

A bit of a show off - Theseus got a new member, Octavius, the triage incarnate

What vehicles would you consider important to include for a Dark Heresy vehicle splat? Working on one for my Genesys hack.

Currently got:
>Chimera
>Civillian Autocarriage
>Civillian Motorbike
>Goliath Truck
>Leman Russ
>Rhino
>Sentinel Scout Walker

I don't wanna go into too much obsessive detail with statting fifty different tanks. More interested in having a broad strokes portrayal of all the kinds of vehicles you'd expect to see used in a Dark Heresy game.

Oh, and I'm doing flyers later, so this is entirely ground stuff.

amasec - wine
lho-stick/lho - cigarette
stub - solid projectile
plasteel - steel
armaplas - kevlar
rockrete - concrete
ferrocrete - reinforced concrete
plascrete - thermoplastic
ceramite - ceramic

I got a few, which ones are you looking for?

On a sidenote, if someone has the last Gaunt's Ghosts and the SoB omnibus, I would be a happy man.

Go light/medium/heavy. People can estrapolate from there.
You got the bike/car/truck combo for civilian vehicles, maybe add the centaur or salamander to the military ones. And separate the autocarriage between economic car and governor's limo.

I think you've covered most things.

>new guy
I thought I didn't remember the last one.
Has this been updated? I don't remember all the pics from the last time, especially of the long fang.

Amasec is wine? I was under the impression it was generic liquor this whole time.

Amasec is a form of brandy actually. Most of those translations are incorrect in my eyes. Because those are sci-fi materials, not new names for real or existing materials.

>Ulisses-Spiel, very well known in Germany. It's set post Gathering Storm, uses a Shadowrun-esque D6 dice pool, and is a unified line with Marines, Humans, and Xenos all playable in the core book.
Are these 'races' meant to be balanced?

From what I recall they are breaking it down by tiers of play, so a Throne Agents or green Guardsmen character won't be in the same group or category as a Space Marine or an Eldar Corsair but a ranking badass Guard veteran or an Inquisitor's personal retinue member would. They want the core game to be able to scale up instead of selling you a bunch of separate 'games' the way FFG did.

Looking for maps for combat dark heresy. What do you guys do? Use your 40k terrain and a table?

Alright guys, so apparently my character starts with 4500xp in Rogue Trader. But I also have 500 to spend. How the fuck do the origins in Into the Storm work? They cost xp. Can someone give me a quick rundown on how to do this?

They cost you that xp that you have to spend.

So is the point of the 4500 only for conversion to Dark Heresy?

Yes, it's the presumed value of all assets your char has before spending these 500.

a vox-set isn't your 21th century military radio either, and authentic coffee beans probably disappeared during the age of strife.
The goal is to provide someone without prior 40k knowledge with easy translations.

This door is made of plasteel. - What is plasteel? - It's the RHA of the future.

>Are these 'races' meant to be balanced?
Not by rules or author intent.

How does Force work if you are attacking a nonliving object like a vehicle?

ulisses-us.com/wrath-glory-designer-diary-december-2017/
>The answer is simple; we have designated certain “Tiers” of play, ranging from 1-5 (with options to expand that range). Each tier represents a particular power level, and considers various factors: what kinds of character archetypes are appropriate, what kinds of challenges those characters will face, and what kinds of limits are imposed on dice pools. In Wrath & Glory, the players and the Game Master decide what kind of Tier they wish to play for their campaign.

>Tier 1, for example, represents a power level appropriate for characters who are not epic heroes—these are the Imperial Guardsmen, the Inquisitional Acolytes, the Hive gangers, the Eldar Corsairs or the Ork boyz. Tier 1 characters are expected to deal with appropriate challenges. This means that the dice pools and the kinds of enemies they are likely to face are also calibrated according to the Tier. A Tier 1 enemy might be a group of cultists led by a crazed mutant, or a single genestealer might be the “main villain” at the climax of a session.

>A Tier 3 game, by contrast, is calibrated for a much more powerful and capable group of heroes. Power Levels are not necessarily graded on simple combat ability, either. Psychic powers, authority, access to particular wargear, and other factors are involved in what determines an archetype’s starting Tier. A Tactical Space Marine is a Tier 3 archetype, as is an Eldar Warlock, as is an Imperial Commissar. At Tier 3, a genestealer might be just one of several nameless enemies they encounter during a mission, whilst something like a genestealer cult patriarch would be likely a named, climactic adversary.

which book is it from?
or just paste the description

It simply says "make an opposed WP test", but I can't find where it talks about WP tests for vehicles.
>DH2e

paste what the power does

>aight
A force weapon relies on the user’s mind to unlock its true potential, suddenly turning a sword or staff into a device burning
with eldritch energies able to reave tanks.
Force weapons count as Best craftsmanship Mono variants of the equivalent Low-Tech weapon. In the hands of a psyker,
the weapon also deals bonus damage and gains bonus penetration equal to the psyker’s base psy rating (so a psy rating 3 would grant
+3 damage and +3 penetration), and the damage type changes to Energy. In addition, whenever a psyker damages an opponent, he
may take a Focus Power action (Opposed with Willpower) as a Half Action. If he wins the test, then for every degree of success, the Force weapon’s wielder deals an additional 1d10 Energy damage, ignoring Armour and Toughness bonus. Psykers always
use their base psy rating when determining psychic strength for this test, and cannot generate Psychic Phenomena on this test.
Force weapons cannot be destroyed by weapons with the Power
Field quality.

ah force weapons
ask your GM for a ruling, there are some discussions on ffg forums about how this should be handled

Are their precedents from other games out there?

Hoo boy am I excited. Good stuff so far.

thank you!!!

Amasec's actually made from grain.

I think plasteel is some kind of neo-steel. It's used in a lot of different sci-fi settings as a generic "better-than-steel" metal.

The goal is to provide a translation, but the issue is that describing amasec as wine gives the implication that the word "wine" isn't in actual use for distilled fruit beverages, which isn't true. Describing it as brandy (or whatever it is - it's grain-based) is probably the better option.

Plasteel also isn't steel, it's some kind of advanced steel. Steel still seems use in less-developed worlds or for minor consumer-grade items.

Rockcrete and ferrocrete, if not literally concrete, have on the other hand effectively supplanted concrete for all purposes.

Also I think stub guns are explicitly ones where the "stub" gets ejected as part of the firing process. I'm not good with firearm terminology, but I think that makes it cased ammunition?

What would a sue'd version of the Emperor have as stats?

Or would he just be the GM?

>inb4 an entire party plays Emperors and they all fight for dominance and create shenanigans across the galaxy to do so.

You mean the Emperor circa the Great Crusades?
Hard to actually tell, we don't know what his own "stats" are, considering he regularly used biomancy, not to mention what his armor brought to the table.
The only thing for sure is that his psy rating would likely be something like 15+.

Honestly I've figured that a campaign in black crusade with the vengeful sort of style of descending into darkness ala the old MGSV trailer, would be aesome, especially if done with good roleplayers who play deeply troubled characters... who may happen to be space marines.

The Iron warrior would probably be the most bitter, think of the shit they have had to slog through.

>What are you looking forwards to in your upcoming games?

Running with people who aren't spergs, hopefully.

most heavy stubbers use caseless ammo, I think.
Meanwhile, autocannons use cased ammo, unlike autoguns.
It's a bit of a mess.

>DH1e/DW
>all combat talents
>all skills up to +30
>psy rating 20
>all stats are 100
>unnatural stats x4
>unnatural WP x8
>all psy powers from every FFG book
>400 wounds

No but the Esienhorn novels makes the weapon more effective against everything

I don't know why I didn't ask here as I made a thread for this but
can a Space Marine be affected by psychic attacks/controlling?
I mean does a standard, generic as can be space marine have any defenses to psychic weaponry?

none of them, expect for the cases of fear induction (cuz they know no fear)

>can a Space Marine be affected by psychic attacks/controlling?
yes, absolutely. According to the Deathwatch rulebook, they have stock resistance (psychic powers), granting a +10 to opposed WP tests against such powers.

TY
Someone was like "lol Space Marines could conquer the Zone from STALKER space marines are bada$$" and I was like "lolno kid"

They're Power Armor is a pretty solid defense to psychic powers manifested as mundane physical fuckery though. Extreme differences in temperature and some protection from gravitational forces due to solid construction. Space Marines do undergo mental conditioning, thus the 'know no fear', would make them tougher then mundane humans. But only exceptional individuals or Librarians would likely survive something like the brain scorcher or a blowout.

Are there any homebrew character options for DH2e? I'm not enjoying the ones in the official books.

How do you guys like the sound of the plot I'm rolling out

>about to hit 4th session of OW
>players are penal worlder drop troops
>a lot of behind the scenes fuckery happened that the players are kind of privy to and basically they're armed up like a normal regiment because their CO pulled some admin strings to get them gear and no bomb collars because who wants to play the cannon fodder of cannon fodder
>they drop in to a frontier world (which is actually an Eldar Maiden World, unknown to anyone) to give ground support to a Sentinel and artillery regiment against craftworld Eldar
>they hike it to the frontline and end up there a day late with their commisar BLAM'd in the head by a sniper
>their camp gets overrun by a few wraithlords and they are forced to run away
>party has an OOC moment of "why the fuck are we still fighting if there's no one to hold our leash, we're criminals"
>says maybe we can escape the planet and turn it into an RT campaign if a few players agree to take a fall and be replaced with RT characters

Next session
>they are about to come upon a camp and find out they and a few other squads are the last of their regiment left alive
>they push their way to an Eldar comms station that's basically a big psyker antenna
>they have to clear it out, only for a bunch of aspect warriors and warlocks show up with a Farseer
>they will very clearly be outnumbered and outgunned, but Eldar won't kill them immediately
>Farseer tells them that the IG was interfering, the Eldar are trying to save the planet from a massive warp storm that will obliterate the Maiden World if they don't prevent it
>tells them that there's a cache of Eldar tech under the city that may help them create a sort of "counter-storm" to blow the approaching one off course with enough Farseers channeling psyker mojo into it
>offers players a lift off of the planet with a corsair if they convince the rest of their fellow criminal scum to stop shooting and help the eldar reach the cache

yes, they can be dominated, and no, they have no standard defenses against psychic attacks, those require the use of Hex wards, and special training (resistances) and other wargear such as Unguents of Warding (which are exclusive to the Ordo Malleus)

The only exceptions being Black Templars, who have an ability to nullify psychic powers, and Grey Knights, who have a gamut of ordo malleus equipment, not to mention their Aegis armor.

Looking into it, apparently it's the opposite. Most autoguns fire caseless ammunition and require a greater technology base to produce, while stubbers are comparatively low-tech (heavy stubbers are almost literally brownings) and more often use cased ammunition. This isn't a strict rule, however.

Complicated by the fact that GW doesn't make a clear distinction. Shit like stub rifles or heavy stubbers are said to eject casings, however.

Prevailing theories are that the "auto" versus "stub" distinction is either a matter of casing, caliber, or tech level.

>they have no standard defenses against psychic attacks
From an in-setting standpoint, having a powerful will is technically enough to defend against psychic tomfoolery. Hypno-indoctrination does something for that as well.

how much it matters in practice varies so wildly from author to author that it might as well not be a factor, but

This is indeed true, and the Adeptus Astartes do have much higher than average willpower.

Don't trust this man, he is a liar.

>Grey Knights, who have a gamut of ordo malleus equipment, not to mention their Aegis armor.
Isn't the fact they're all psykers pretty fucking pertinent too?

yep, Psykers tend to have much higher willpower than others, its not difficult for a standard mortal psyker to get up to 60 willpower. A grey knight can go much higher.

SHAS! Armiger knightlet playable when? It's perfect for my knight game!

>small titan
>weapons that devestate entire armies
>faster, more agile frame
>inches thick plasteel armor
>all controlled by a wheatly core
Helloooooo. Is this thing on? Why do you keep screaming? Oh the gun? Dont worry, its not even lo- BOOOM
Whoops! Dont worry, im sure that will buff right out.

>Smaller than their cousins and crewed by aspiring nobles, low-born commoners with a knack for war, or even the bastard children of Barons and High Kings, Armigers hunt and fight at the flanks of their larger kin. Knight Armigers will open up new tactical possibilities for Imperial Knight players, like a medieval lord hunting with his hounds, benefitting from a wider range of army builds.
Regular humans can finally get in on the mecha craze and laugh while punting Tau Battlesuits. Nice.

Here's all I got so far. Tried to limit to widespread slang and terminologies, along with poorly-defined terms. Wanted to avoid local vernacular, vehicle patterns, etc.

pastebin.com/LRCcdVsq

Can't guarantee everything listed as official is actually official - I had to pull from a lot of different sources - but everything I added personally or know is unofficial was marked as such.

>FILTHY STINKING PEASANTS RIDING AROUND IN (mini)KNIGHTS!
This is an outrageous insult to all proper nobles that value decency!

Pretty cool with hopefully more to come

Looking forward to my players fuck up chasing down a half mechanical man and refusing to study a drug to find out it's made of people, and being blindsided when they find the production facility.

Sisters of Battle are the power-armored soldiers that resist psy-powers.

Farseer doesn't seem smug enough, but otherwise solid.
The lure of the expanse adventure for Rogue Trader takes place on a maiden world being reclaimed by eldar, maybe you can use it.

>I'm not enjoying the ones in the official books
What exactly are you looking for, user?

>Farseer doesn't seem smug enough
Oh, she will be. Farseers are always the "YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS YOU FOOL" types. Of course after the warp storm is taken care of the Eldar are going to call in back up and purge the place of humans anyway because it was their planet in the first place.

More social/investigative options? There only seems to be the Clues from the Crowds chain. Oh, and Halo of Command, which is about the only other thing than the command skill the Leadership aptitude is for, and it's useless in my campaign. Talents relating to command (especially to assist other acolytes) would be good.
Ranged combat talents seem lacking. It's either two pistols or sniping, compared to the wealth of melee talents.
Reliable sources for gear would be nice. Taking half a day and losing subtlety (and possibly influence) for every 2 mags of ammo is insufferable.

Oh, and actually making people do what you tell them. Our GM is a real hardass about us losing subtlety, but nobody will do anything on our say-so. We call in a ship with dangerous cargo and the PDF tell us to fuck off. We drop the inquisitor's name (just to get them moving) and when we finish the mission we get an ass-reaming for letting on we're inquisition. Is there any way out of this spitroast of fuck?

It was just announced two days ago. Rules won't be for months yet. It's impossible to speculate, since the current argument is it's between a ghostkeel and a riptide, has weapons from the admech codex like phosphor and stubbers.

Is this a good starting ship for Rogue Trader?

With Love, From Malfi (70 SP)
Tempest-class Strike Frigate
Crew=Veteran.
Complications=Wrothful, Reliquary of Mars.
Components=Modified Jovian Pattern Class 2 Drive, Strelov 1 Warp Engine, Warpsbane Hull, Single Shield Array, Combat Bridge, Vitae Life Sustainer, Pressed Crew Quarters, R-50 Auspex Multi-band, Sunsear Laser Battery (Dorsal 1), Rhyza Pattern Plasma Battery (Dorsal 2), Barracks, Compartmentalized Cargo Hold, Tenebro-Maze, Murder-Servitors.
Space/Power=42/45.

You have 70 points and you're taking a frigate? C'mon kohai you can do better.

Is this better?

Pride of Sinophia (70 SP)
Dauntless-class Light Cruiser
Crew=Crack.
Complications=Adventurous, Finances in Arrears.
Components=Jovian Pattern Class 3 Drive, Strelov 2 Warp Engine, Warpsbane Hull, Single Shield Array, Armoured Bridge, Vitae Life Sustainer, Voidsman Quarters, Deep Void Array, Titanforge Lance Battery (Prow), Mars-Pattern Macrocannon Broadsides (Port and Starboard), Compartmentalized Cargo Hold, Extended Supply Vaults, Librarium Vault.
Space/Power=60/60.

A lot of shit here, and it seems to be spread on both sides of the scree>More social/investigative options? There only seems to be the Clues from the Crowds chain. Oh, and Halo of Command, which is about the only other thing than the command skill the Leadership aptitude is for, and it's useless in my campaign. Talents relating to command (especially to assist other acolytes) would be good.
Have you read all 4 books?
There isn't a wealth of social talents because there is some 6 skills that cover them. Yes, Leadership is a rarely used aptitude, nothing really to be done about that. Even then, do realize that Command applies generally to people beneath you in station, but there are ways around that (Enemy Beyond).
>Ranged combat talents seem lacking. It's either two pistols or sniping, compared to the wealth of melee talents
I don't know what you are looking at, but every single talent that has to do with "sniping" can be used with any long arm, and there are some 5 talents that have to do with pistolero. Melee is an odd situation, but it is generally stronger in most facets than shooty because risk/reward.
>Reliable sources for gear would be nice. Taking half a day and losing subtlety (and possibly influence) for every 2 mags of ammo is insufferable.
This is entirely on your GM (and your group), and the lack of information on circumstances means I must blame all of you for it. Do you not have a local contact? Have you made inroads with the regular people you are around in the course of the investigation?
>making people do what you tell them
Oh wait, you're serious, I'm gonna laugh harder.
user, the Imperium is a bureaucracy. The fact that you think you have any dick to swing at all is laughable on face, and makes me wonder how well you know the game and setting to be complaining about it so much.
No, you dont wander around telling everyone you are Inquisition for a reason, and that reason is fairly well explained in the fluff parts of the book.

If your subtlety is high, no, no one is going to believe you unless you have evidence.
You have evidence, right? That thing in orderly societies that shows proof of action? Pics, vox leech recordings, dataslates, maybe even is prisoner?
Or documents, false or no, directing the adepta to go look into X?
Or dealing with the matter yourselves?
All of which are viable options compared to thinking you can name drop Inquisition and get bennies.

Es Ex-Rogue Trader let me tell you one thing.
Money can buy you ships.
But ships can't buy you money.

I would just buy something fas wnough to make "a heroic retreat" in the case of a fight.
Then buy two more of those as soon as you can and start gangig up on a enemy of your liking.

Also do you have a political RT game,
one where you play through stand-ins (because why should the lord captain put himself into danger ?)
or one where you have basically "Tha daring adventures of the Lord-Capitan and his trusty crew ? (because he has just balls that big.)

My group consists of an exasperated Guardsman, an insane toast-obsessed Techpreist, and an Inquisitor who behaves much like a fusion if Archer and George Clooney, and a few NPCs for flavor. We're about to infiltrate the webway for some God awful reason. How fucked am I?

>Session I've been looking forwards to all week might be cancelled

Give me a reason to live, /40krpg/

It only _might be_ cancelled, and even if it's cancelled, it can be delayed to play it another day.
A week is nothing compared to multiple months.

t-thanks user

It is better. If you a allow a felow user, RT game master, to give you some advices.
What components do you have access to ? Only core I presume seeing what you have selected.
i'd keep the standard bridge. Lance is too expensive and far less efficient than a macro battery, especially if you a PC shooting. on Prow, i'd suggest a Sunsear battey instead. the Deep Void Array is not worth the +1 SP cost.
As for supplemental components, I'd put an Obversation Dome and Murders servitors if you can.

if you can have non -core components. swap the extended supply vaults with an Arboretum, and your mars boradsides with sunsear boradsides.
an autotemple would be nice too.

>Lance is too expensive and far less efficient than a macro battery
Unless the user is going to apply the fix commonly known as mathhammer.

>mathhammer
Huh ?

I'm an RT GM too, hit me up with some ship advice

Currently I am thinking that ideally their starting ship isnt too big so there is something to progress towards
Is it important that I roll the PF?
From what I remember the only important thing is that PF+SP=100 so they either start with dakka or fat stacks of cash

All of the following:
>disallow salvoes stacking against armor; armor applies to each hit separately
>add 12 to all macrocannon damage values OR reduce all ship armor by 12
>if going with reduced armor, do some rebalancing calculations to torpedoes

community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/47672-mathhammer-making-ship-armour-count/

Looks good, whatever bashes macrocannons is my friend.

indeed, with mathammer, mùmacrocanons are less insane. Still, i'd rather use macrocanons on a dauntless prow, like bombardment canons. Or torpedoes.
you can roll the PF if you wish, but depends on what theme you and your players would like.
Personnaly? I'd rather let them start on a big ship they can upgrade and with low PF at first, but that's my taste.
An other way would be to use the dynasty creation path in into the Storm to guide you.

which book has the best stats for lord of change?
I see they are listed in Ascension, Black Crusade and Mark of the Xenos (DW)

Re: stats. Fair enough. Really what I'd like is talents to make skill use less risky/bullshit. Autopasses seem to attract the ire of our GM, but failing tests invariably lowers our subtlety (which causes our inquisitor to fuck with us). I long for talents like the feats in 3.5 that let you discover people's true intentions when they lie to you, or open up skill uses as a "free action" instead of having to do prolonged searches, etc. Anything to make the social side easier.
Maybe I have the wrong idea on the combat traits, but I'd love something to make my guy's lasgun hit harder without having to enslave ourselves to local IG regiments to get bolt rounds or heavy munitions.
Re gear: So far we've been on five time-sensitve 24-72 hour ops each on a different world. We've never been somewhere twice, never anywhere from our backstories, and there's never a local asset provided by the inquisitor. We get mid-mission updates as terse 10-word missives on a phosphor screen. Even our tech guy has no idea what network it uses or how the inquisitor broadcasts. We tool around in a shuttlecraft looking thing (literally one room with cockpit open to it, like a runabout from Star Trek) with no weapons and a servitor pilot. Longer journeys involve returning to the inquisitor's vessel for an absolute dressing down (so far) and getting ferried through the warp.
Getting gear has revolved around the influence test mechanic, takes six to eight precious hours and we didn't realise how important high Inf was, so the group highest is about 35. We get two mags for a given gun per test, plus one/DoS. We've twice been reprimanded for getting ammunition, despite arriving to a pitched enemy ambush on planet at one point.

>user, the Imperium is a bureaucracy
Oh, by God do we know. Every official functionary we've met has been an officious dick. Our group is the usual hotchpotch (IG officer, techpriest, IG grunt, Arbiter) and there's no convincing reason for us to be "friends" let alone investigating anything we've been sent after. We have no idea of how to construct a convincing cover as there doesn't seem to be a freely-mobile social class in the gameworld. Rogue Traders are banned from Imp space, military types are easy to check up on, freightercraft are staffed by drudges, etc. Nobody listens to the Arbiter or Officer on the basis of their badges.
We had proof of a rapidly-spreading plague/weed xenos thing on an agriworld. It spread so fast and zombified the townsfolk we had to blow up a town to contain it, and then found one bulk freighter headed for a hive world with the stuff aboard.
The captain wouldn't stop the ship. The PDF of the destination wouldn't take our calls. The Inquisitor wouldn't help.
We ended up ruining the PDF captain on the hive world, to pressure his Second in Command into blowing up the frieghter off-the-books with all hands aboard.
Also, on an unrelated note, so far we've never found a hair of written records by any heretic ("they couldn't leave that lying around, user" t. GM) and the camera one player had recorded "shitty green line pictures."

>Autopasses seem to attract the ire of our GM, but failing tests invariably lowers our subtlety
That is your GM, but do remember that DH is a long con game, not a short one. You really should be taking weeks, if not months, to get yourself in good with the locals in order to dig up dirt.
>make my guy's lasgun hit harder
Mighty Shot, good use of variable settings and specialized ammo. Unless you are fighting space marines, a humble lasgun will serve you well for a long while. This is NOT 3.PF, where you will walk about oneshotting everything with impunity. Use more grenades, fight smart.
>So far we've been on five time-sensitve 24-72 hour ops each on a different world
Talk to your GM, he clearly has the wrong idea about the nature of the game you are playing.
>Getting gear has revolved around the influence test mechanic
I know.
>takes six to eight precious hours
That is your GM fiating it, there is no mandated time for influence tests.
>we didn't realise how important high Inf was, so the group highest is about 35
Remember, as it is a test, you can have up to 2 other players assist for +20, and use the commerce skill frequently, not to mention the talent that allows you to use Fellowship, rather than base influence.
As for the other, there is a reason why lasweapons are quite good, no need to get new packs, just recharge the ones you have.

>taking weeks, if not months
T_T
>a humble lasgun will serve you well for a long while
So, what I'm hearing is that enemies with unnatural toughness or guard flak armor shouldn't be the standard? Everyone seems to have 6-8 points of damage reduction everywhere we go, making 1d10+3 seem pretty weedy.
>he clearly has the wrong idea about the nature of the game you are playing
I'm going to be honest, I did wonder.
>revolved around the influence test mechanic
What I mean is we haven't had much chance to loot shit or barter with named NPCs. It's always done offscreen and takes a workday.
Also, we had to "remind" the GM we could charge the lasgun packs. The hand cannon, autogun and the sniper rifle are the ammo hogs.

>IG officer, techpriest, IG grunt, Arbiter
Oh, oh, oh, you poor fools didn't know what kind of game you were playing. You brought a combat focused group to a game that is about clandestine investigation. You don't have a dedicated face, no smart guy, no paper pusher, and in DH, ANYONE can shoot a gun.
In fact, a dedicated face could literally hire someone to replace either of the IG guys. The entire pc can be replaced for their intended purpose with a single dice roll. Think about that.
Now, to wit, the arbites should have some swing with their badge, but they gotta be able to back it up with paperwork.
One of the IG should sub out for an adept, you desperately need someone with that skill set. Have the adept constantly forge paperwork as needed, it will get you into places neat and clean.

>Everyone seems to have 6-8 points of damage reduction
Most soak will be between 4-8 as a whole, but 8 is an outlier for most (4TB/4ap from guard flak). Remember user, you gotta fight smart. Supressive fire, grenades, closing the gap for shotguns, flamers and fisticuffs as needed.
Also, overload all the time, 1d10+5 pen 2 is good shit.
> I did wonder.
Stop wondering, the GM needs to stop being a dick. Common shit like boolets and frags should not take an entire day to get, especially if you are in a hive, it would take a few hours of travel time max, wheel and deal, done.

Looks like we're fucking up. Mind helping me unfuck this?
>dedicated face
Officer and Abiter are high-fellowship types. Officer took Leadership aptitude (yes, like a chump it turns out) and between both have Charm, Inquiry, Command, Intimidate and Interrogate. All that aside, we never seem to push our odds for a given roll up above 70% best case, and failing a social roll always seems to result in getting shown the door (or people shooting at us, as appropriate)
>no smart guy
Techpriest has the all Lores as known talent, and high Intelligence. Never seems to help much. Got a bullshit response of "requires forbidden lore xenos" for all questions about the plague plant, and everything else has been non-academic
>no paper pusher
We have no idea where to start. If people don't listen to inquisitors, who do we say the papers are from? What the fuck do they say? Who do we say we are? We've never met anyone twice except our inquisitor, and due to failed rolls or sudden-but-inevitable betrayals half the NPC names I've written down are crossed off as dead. We killed most of them.

It honestly sounds like your GM is a being a cock for the sake of being a cock imo. He's giving you guys no lee-way in order to actually have a chance at succeeding and having fun because that wouldn't be grimdark enough, judging by your descriptions.