Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Primaris are the will of the Emperor edition
When will get more Primaris? sub edition

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/22/faction-focus-the-thousand-sonsgw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Video
youtube.com/watch?v=PlQqri1FuRQ&t=0s

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

First for dead thread since no more previews.

At least you put /40kg/ in the title this time
:^)

1st for sigmar

It was really hard.
But I got there on the third attempt.

Who are the Ogres of 40k?

Should I get the Disciples of Tzeentch battleforce for my Thousand Sons? If so, should I use the kairic acolytes as cultists or tzaangors?

Anyone here like Necrons?

Tzaangors
They're on 32mm bases and are jacked as fuck

Necron player reporting in

Ogryn.

Maybe soon we'll get a link to the previous thread in OP.

Nth for not being able to decide on an army list.

Oh so they are. Do I need to give them shields or can they have double swords? I can't tell from sprues

Then get in formation!

Need shields.

Would a tournament have a problem if I played my Black Templar army using the Blood Angels codex, as long as its pretty clear what is what?

But i'm doing important research.

Show me your scorn Veeky Forums. I ordered 50 resin Grishnak Sisters and two Immolators.

Depends on the TO.

How are Valkyries in 8e, worth the points? Need some troop transports, and I love the model.

Fine... we'll wait.
Not like we're going to die of old age or anything.

Tzaangors i am fairly sure. Not a TS player but play chaos.

All the stratgems that you guys will get, their juicy stat block, and the cool models really make these guys the best troop choice next to elite Faction specific unit (Noise marines, etc..)

Also, make them as tzaagors and if you need just say they are your cultists. I know MY gaming community would not give two shits about the proxies.

Anyone correct me if i'm wrong pls.

>When will get more Primaris?

Just finished this Carcharodon. A few things to touch up and the highlights don't really show in the picture (I swear they're here, except on the brass) but I'm pretty happy with him.
Show me what you're working on.

They really don't show at all man sorry

Looks good user.

thin your paint

So stealthy the pic doesn't upload.

This user here.

Yes buy the battle box. GW's even said that they will be releasing a conversion kit for sigmar tzaagors to 40k tzaagors....

The tzeentch battleforce is marketed for both AoS and 40k.

got my next layer of 'slime' on the base, now begins the super fun "wait for water effect to dry" time

Anyone else feel bad about Thousand Sons? I really like their lore, aesthetic and gameplay... but they have 4 unique kits at most.

Rubricae, awesome.
Scarab, awesome.
Exalted Sorcerers/Ahriman. Awesome.
Magnus. Ehhh.

Rest is generic Chaos Stuff which doesn't fit their aesthetic and looks out of place or its Age of Sigmar stuff that is very anachronistic. Bird man with bow and arrow. What?

I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing with army building.

Vanguard (+1 CP)
Lord of Contagion x1 (120) with a manreaper (17): 137
Plague marines x4: 76
Plague marine x1 (19) with plasma gun (13): 31
Foul Blightspawn x1: 77
Biologus Putrifier x1: 74
Tallyman x1 (60) with plasma pistol (7): 67

Outrider (+1 CP)
Daemon Prince of Nurgle x1 (146) with hellforged sword (15): 161
Chaos Spawn x2: 66
Foetid Bloat-Drone x1 (99) with 2 plague spitters (36) and a plague probe (25): 160

Battalion (+3 CP)
Typhus x1: 175
Chaos Lord in terminator armor x1 (105) with a balesword (6) and combi-plasma gun (15): 126
Deathshroud Terminators x3 (150) with manreapers (51) and plague squirter gauntlet (21): 222
Foul Blightspawn x1: 77
Plague Marines x10 (190)
Poxwalkers x16: 96
Myphitic Blight-Hauler x1 (85) with a missle launcher (25), multi melta (27), bile spurt (5): 142

Current Total: 1877

This is what I've been planning out with my semi-limited understanding of this game. As far as I know I've been adding together the weapons correctly.
Right now I only have the death guard units that came with the "Know no Fear" starter set (thats 1 lord of contagion, a bloat drone, 5 plague marines and 10 poxwalkers)
I know I need to get some more marines but I don't know what to give them, hence why I have 10 marines without weapons right now. I have extra points left to fill in their weapon slots.

So, while this list is still incomplete, I guess what I'm asking as a total newbie, am I on the right track or is this garbage.

What the fuck happened to mark 9.
(Did gw seriously just call primaris armor X because it sounded cooler or something?)

I like death guard more, TS look meh and if it weren't for the helmets they would be vanilla CSM, EC and berzerkers would probably have way more character than them

Been watching every pic you been uploading bud.

I love the colour on Mulch but, personally, wasn't as much a fan of Horticulous's colour scheme or the harsh highlighting. Thats me though, all of it is painted phenominally just my own personal preference getting in the way.

I am dying of laughter though cause i am absolutly in love with the base!!! It reminds me of some Alice in Wonderland shit (and Mulch having the caterpillar colour scheme makes it even more.)

Where did you get the little flowers one the base from?? Just an arts and craft shop?

>Bird man with bow and arrow. What?

It's a magic bow and arrow.
Really no more out of place than swords.

>(Did gw seriously just call primaris armor X because it sounded cooler or something?)
Yes

So does the wording at the end imply that the bearer can't fight that phase, or that he just won't be affected anything that might give them a bonus on the charge but can still fight?

Let’s keep the creative juices flowing. Wishlist stratagems or subduction traits for unreleased codexes.

>It reminds me of some Alice in Wonderland shi
Thanks, that's what I was going for when I decided on making mulch blue so i'm glad that comes across.
I got those flowers at my local model train store, I've seen simmilar sold at my FLGS too

So Veeky Forums I decided to start a Mars Mechanicus army and to add to my Start Collecting Box I picked up Cawl, a box of Sicarian Infiltrators and a box of Electro-priests.

How can I build an army that doesn't turn into a gunline?

I'm a bit mixed overall, I love the marines and the Tzaangor kits, they both look amazing to me, but since the Tzaangor kits were ported from AoS, it kinda leaves a bad aftertaste, for the lack of a better term.
As for the rest of the CSM stuff...well, they are CSM, I'd expect them to have some CSM overlap, so I personally have no gripe there.

They are the simplest faction, within the chaos pantheon.

Most of their Marines are dead, Jim....

TS is a faction that needs very creative individuals to think outside the box when it comes to making their models. If your a creative converter, 4 differnt kits is enough to make magic.

I am a Emperor's Children player..... Stop your fucking whining and get to work Sorcerer!

Nice looking army. I'd love to play against Necrons one day, haven't ever met anyone playing them.
I just hope it won't end like Hieronymous Theta for my Kriegers.

>he just won't be affected anything that might give them a bonus on the charge but can still fight?

Yep.

> Not open-top Transport because?......

But WE are exactly the same, bunny ears instead of a crest though

You bought Cawl

Guess what, you're a gunline

Ryza punchbots, Fulgurites, and Dragoons.

>meganobz use Da Jump and catch me in my flank
>basilisk wheels around and blasts the shit out of them with its earthshaker in overwatch
Defensive Gunners is a helluva drug.

If we take AOS NOT! berzerkers as a reference they'll have a gladiator with a Hella lot of skulls bunny helmet aesthetic

They make great practice for the upcoming Custodes release.

>4+ Armor, 3+ invuln. Why even have armor?

IG is the comfiest army to play.

Hard to get Necrons Motivated to play with out a codex.
>last game I played lost to Zurker bomb at the top of turn 1 only had 3 models left (2 HQs and a Tomb Blade).

>GG I guess

Thought the new ts models were bigger and plastic like dg.

They are, Khorne

I bought him because I really like the model and wanted to own him. I decided to run Mars just to have a reason to own his model.

That said, I feel like he can be done without just running a pure gunline army. Like use him and some Breachers, maybe some Robots to lock down the middle of the board and turn it into a firebase.

I was considering Metalica (kiting assault shooting) or Ryza (melee focused backed by plasma troops) but honestly I just wanted to have Cawl and decided to run Mars just so I could have a reason to field him.

>Zurker bomb
What's this exactly ?

What?

Now try it with Mordians!

>Hitting your enemies in overwatch on a 4+, rerolling the ones with a nearby MoO.

Triple 8s, user

>If we take AOS NOT! berzerkers as a reference they'll have a gladiator with a Hella lot of skulls bunny helmet aesthetic
So we're ignoring the copious filigree on the armor of rubrics as well as the crow skulls and eyes?

Guess it is just a marine then

Oh right right.
Thought younger saying they were like berserkers.

That s the new vanilla aspect of CSM, the backpack design comes from the exalted from the CSM Vs dark angels kit

Assuming Alpha Legion Beserkers sneaking 9" away from your dudes in deployment phase.

So when they move closer, the Beserkers will be 3" away.

>Either that, or Bloodletters deepstriking 9" away with a 3d6 (potentially rerollable) charge

Lord of contagion is ass, drop for just about any other HQ.
Biologis and Tallyman are both meh at best.
Deathshroud are inferior to Blightlords in almost all circumstances except punching heavy vehicles in melee, which isn't even a great way to deal with vehicles when your punchers are 4" move dudes in an army with no acceleration.

>Why even have armor?
So when you lose your invulnerable save, you aren't fucked.

>Read: move up 6 inches THEN gunline.

The problem with these characters, be they Guillaman, Crawl, or any other big boss, is that they encourage 'The Blob'. The blob is where you try to get the most out of a character by huddling your army around him. This simultaneously maximizes the effeciveness of his AOE buffs while keeping him safe. This comes at the expense of board control as you can only shuffle around 6" per turn and occupy a 12-24" diameter space.

You'll try to avoid it. You'll bring rangers and dragoons and other flanky guys and think "I can play this game normally! I just want to use [Character] to buff a couple units." But over time you'll want to reroll this, or that, or another thing, or repair, or get that -1 to hit, or whatever siad boss-man does. You'll move the dragoons in to heal, then never bring them back out. Your rangers will fall back and your boss will shuffle to the left to help them. Soon you take a step back and you realize you've blobbed up. Your opponent has taken all the objectives, or you've used that aura to waste him. It happens every time.

Oh and give your Prince wings, it's more than worth the cost. He would also be better off with 2x Talons instead of the sword, sadly the sword doesn't make up for the two extra attacks provided by talons.

I feel bad for Thousand Sons, but for completely different reason. Every other Chaos Codex so far has been absolutely oozing with potential and interesting combinations. I can't say that after seeing Sons preview game and article.
They have Magnus and couple psychic powers going for them... that's it. I would love to be proven wrong after seeing the actual book, but so far I am less than excited and feel bad for dedicated Sons players.

Not sure what you mean, the Plague Marines power packs are based off of Mk3 power pack, while the Rubric Marines' are based off of Mk4 power pack.

>Ogryns: Ogres
>Ratlings: Halflings
>Squats: Dwarfs
>Beastmen: Beastmen
Are there other abhumans with fantasy race counterparts?

Honestly you're probably right. I ran a Jacobus centric melee horde in 6th and 7th with Sisters because of stuff like that.

I'm thinking that I'll probably end up building Metalica or Ryza after I get a functioning semi-competetive Mars list built. Basically switch armies for different playstyles or builds.

Last week of Titan month tomorrow, what Titan will they put up for contest?

This looks like a really bad list, user. You need to have a game plan and reason for taking models other than you have them.
Figure out what you're going to do during the game and then build around that. Throwing your dudes against other dudes isn't a plan in case you're wondering.

Oh yes, I had one WAACfag in my LGS who did that every game. That was annoying as fuck.

It's over now. They are picking the winner for this week on 30th. That's the end of the month and free shipping promo is over as well.

I thought we've had 4 already now so that's it

Like says, Cawl is a 'you're gunna do a deathstar' model.

how do you guys make tentacles and other such things with greenstuff?

I'm surprised that's still a thing people do. Most players already figured out that a simple screen properly spaced completely counters it as well as simply going first so Alpha Legion players I know don't use that tactic anymore.

I kinda want to proxy pic related as Celestine. That mini has such a Dark Souls feel to it, I just love it.

Necrons are pretty boring army-wise, they're too one-dimensional in terms of color schemes and themes. Like ok they have dudes that look like mecha-skeletons, sweet, they overdo it way too much tho.

Well I'll still build Mars for now and then likely expand out with other forge worlds later.

Kinda want to do Deimos using the Graia rules for example.

not many cases where you loose your invul retard

Stacked cover saves?

is the movement value of a zooming flyer in its last bracket still a minimum move?

So how do warriors actually get out of a Ghost ark?

Nevermind, it's shit.

>Liking literal piles of shit and pus over glorious egyptian royal aesthetic

Either bait or 1/10 taste

>he thinks the Tau are communist
>he doesn't realise the Tau are the best faction

With difficulty.

I'm assuming they're lazy pieces of shit and literally teleport the 2 feet to the left.

Ogryn for aesthetics and function.

Tyranids for overall goal.

lmao who falls for these tactics? playing like an idiot against idiots =/= WAAC

Just played a game. There's so many guard players around it's crazy.
Was fun though, managed a clutch win by 1 point. More slaves for Commorragh!

That dude with the shovel in the center of army and in front of the dude carrying the vox, has balls of steel

They're the army I want to get after I finish my Guard and GSC. But I want them to be more pic related and less space Egypt.

>There's so many guard players around
Great, now I want to switch.