magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
>OR
>Mobile users might have an easier time signing up here:
mtg.design/

>Stitch cards together with
old.photojoiner.net/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Color Pie mechanics
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/mechanical-color-pie-2017-2017-06-05

>Read this before you post cards for the first time, or as a refresher for returning cardmakers
docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Primer: NWO and Redflagging
mtgsalvation.com/forums/community-forums/creativity/custom-card-creation/578926-primer-nwo-redflagging

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Do we really need all these Art Sources?
artstation.com/
drawcrowd.com/
fantasygallery.net/
grognard.booru.org/
fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT:

Other urls found in this thread:

magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/doc/type/style
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dominaria?

If Id actually read the old novels i could probably make something a little better. As far as I knew Tawnos was good at making trinkets and art that imitated life. The curiosity trigger is just to reward you for doing the thing he wants.

Also probably needs still an artifact there somewhere

There's plenty of artifacts in the picture already.

Maybe something like Cloudpost?
>Enchanted land is an Urza's in addition to its other types and has "T: Add C to your mana pool for each Urza's land you control."

I'm a complete idiot and I have no idea how to order consecutive prepositional phrases so that they make the most sense possible
pls help
also mtg needs more star trek clones
srsly a sci-fi world played straight is long fucking overdue
also they should leave out the jacefags and their SJW teams. start a cool parallel plotline plsssss

This is "Memory Issues" the card.

>also mtg needs more star trek clones
>srsly a sci-fi world played straight is long fucking overdue

They've said before that Mirrodin is the closest we're ever getting to SciFi. That's the upper limit of how advanced technology is allowed to get in Magic.

It also has an ability that looks like a mana ability but isn't. Which is all fun and games until your land gets hit by a Pithing Needle.

Bump

I really like the extended art option from the M15 DFC Append template, but I'm having trouble with finding any normal M15 template with that option. Any help?

Haven't been here in forever.

I would probably turn this into something similar to Liar's Pendulum.

>~ enters the battlefield tapped.
>T: Add U to your mana pool, then choose a card name. Target opponent reveals a card at random from his or her hand. If the named card is revealed, add an additional U to your mana pool.

I think there needs to be an additional cost associated with it. Make it cost you mana to activate it, but if you get it right, you get more mana than you spent, otherwise you get no mana.

anybody /gds3/ here?

I know that this is pretty much the dumbest idea, but who cares really. What looks better for the insignia: colored or greyed out?

Faded like all other watermarks

If you actually tried to read the cards, you'd know the answer already.

Thanks!

Missed the essay deadline due to work obligations. Disappointing, but that's how it goes.

Conquest is deffinitly a Mardu ideal, not a Temur ideal.
Besides that flavor nit pick, the card is fine, if a bit pushed. I'd like to see it cost 1 more mana.

I entered but the multiple choice questions are making me feel like I dont know shit. Im sure my only chance really is to get a 100 but theres so many things I have no idea what the objective correct answer it. Even stuff on thr old texts, like a high drop green trample shroud dude for an example. Thats an uncommon to me (Plated Crusher) but apparently it was a rare on that test?

Can we talk about the essay questions tomorrow? I recorded all my answers and want to compare to see how I did. I feel like I’m in good standing.

As far as I've heard, the essay questions only "matter" once the pack has been thinned by the multiple choice.

That said, I didn't join GDS3. I have my hands full enough with grad school, and it seems disingenuous to join a contest I have no plans of actually winning.

Ambush- if this creature would fight another creature, that creature deals half its strength rounded up instead.

How does this sound for a mechanic? I'm working on a set, and need five new keywords. This is the first.

Help me win an argument. What color should this effect be? Name and art are placeholders. Near as I can tell it's only been done as an artifact.

I'd argue white, as the color of telling people no, especially with anti-draw cards like Spirit of the Labyrinth. A card that blocked voluntary discarding in general (like Angel of Jubilation for discard) would also be white, if you ask me.

Yeah, as said. Either way you look at it, "Players can't discard cards to pay a cost" or "Players can't draw additional cards", both are pretty soundly White.

I have no idea if this is balanced, and if not how I would balance it, or scrap it and return to an earlier design.

also part of a cycle of 5, covering the other 4-color combinations.

Depends on if there are easy ways to get bloodied on your own turn, especially free ways. If I have to play Ambitions Cost to turn on my sol lands, it might not be worth it at all. If I have a Wall of Blood, then oh hell yes I'm running these.

Wait, fuck, misread it. The combat damage you do to me bloodies me on my next turn.

This will kill aggro in your format, because you're just going to ramp them so hard when they're bloodied every turn.

Make it a legendary land?

>Player's
Bad luck and misfortune will infest your pathetic soul for all eternity.

As for the wording, let's try
>Cycling abilities can't be activated.

I don't think this actually affects the game very much

>Player's
Okay I have no idea how that type got in there, I am as confused as I am ashamed.

As for the wording it's identical to Stabilizer, both in printed and oracle form.

I think I may have fixed it

>As for the wording it's identical to Stabilizer, both in printed and oracle form.
Damn, I forgot that existed.

Yeesh, I don't even want to think about the implications of that.

As for backwards spell-casting, this is my attempt. The idea is the order for casting spells is (loosely) library to graveyard, so this goes graveyard to library.

How do you feel about this gimmick?

You csn alresdy talk about the essays if you want. Im sure theres interesting conversation there. If you meant the multiple choice questions than that too. It seems way more technical this time. I wasnt ever planning on getting very far but boy was I in over my head.

Quick, come up with a keyword for UB that's better than skulk

I think the idea is fine though im not sure how to develop it dor an actual set.

Your actual designs though seem like a mess. I get the overall idea (it grants the team the auras bonus if you grab it off three dreams) but your stats dont all match up and they grant varying totals and number of abilities. Id like it more a little cleaner.

Discard to represent Venom's effect of diminishing the user's mind.

>colorshifted Back to Basics
For what reason?

Also, I think in modern pie philosophy, this would be red.

I don't really think that is.

I think the only way they could print this is like, RU, with the effect changed to, "whenever a Non-basic is tapped, it doesn't untap during the controller's next untap step".

We very rarely see black interact with lands anymore, and it's either under-powered red effects such as Spreading Rot, or black-shifted Sea's Claim effects.

The release of Monster Hunter World has got me wanting to give my Monhun themed block another shot. Mind giving me some feedback on the barebones mechanics and keywords?

The main mechanic of the set is creatures flipping into equipment when the die. I feel there is a lot of design space to be had here and its pretty flavorful.
The only new keyword so far is Overwhelm. It triggers when the creature blocks or is blocked by a creature with equal or less power. It functions a bit like Enrage or formidable in that it can do a myriad of things once the conditions are met.

Post cards.

I'll see if I can dredge up my old files but I might have lost them when my hard drive crashed. I'm probably starting from scratch.

>The only new keyword so far is Overwhelm. It triggers when the creature blocks or is blocked by a creature with equal or less power
You've got a bit of a problem there in that it basically plays like a worse Skulk on the offense. It would mostly only work on defense.

Hmmm, dang. I was trying to go for something that punishes chump blocking. Something like Trample mixed with Raid.

So here's the first card design. Just a big ol'beater. Thoughts?

Think of it like Browbeat. It's a mechanic where your opponent gets to pick between two bad options, so most of the time they'll only pick one of the options if the other one would kill them. Most of the times the attack condition would be relevant are going to be times where that same creature having Skulk instead would have been the end of the game.

I get you. I get you. I'll wrack my brain to try and improve it later on.
How's the wording on this one?

Why not just make it an ETB trigger?

>Work on my questions
>Had been stressing it all day in between jobs
>Finally get home late and finish them
>Go to lay down and just double check some of my answers with my phone before submitting
>I fell asleep, forget to submit
well
I'd been thinking about this, and I don't think it's correct to make all the monsters legendary. They aren't unique in the world. They're just species. So what I pictured would be making cards like "Flying Rathalos" or "Wounded Rathian" or "Enraged Tigrex". I was mostly just trying to figure out a way to do it so not all monsters had to be legendary, especially since there are in fact legendary in the magic sense monsters in-world (Deviants)

Oh, not all monsters are legendary. My bad, but I think my overall point still is relevant

bump

Mirrodin and Kaladesh
Though Mirrodin is more Sci-Fi than Kaladesh's Science-Fantasy

I wouldn't say I just discovered the angle setting in MSE, but I am playing with it.

Still posting FOW too.

>angle setting in MSE
???

Is there a file somewhere in the clusterfuck that lists exactly what fields are available to play with? I didn't know angle was an option.

magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/doc/type/style

My god, it's actually documented to some degree. I just assumed it wasn't, like most projects.

Also I can't believe they made their own scripting language for this.

Are we doing 2hus or MonHun?

Old card.

>Flash
>Doesn't have Flash

Needs a white border. Moving a card you don't own into a hidden zone you control never happens outside of un-sets.

Could also work as "Target player reveals his or her hand. You choose a nonland card from it. Exile that card. You may cast it as long as it remains exiled. You lose 2 life."

Silver border. White border was used on legit cards years ago in place of black border.

I want to make some monster hunter cards. I would honestly be interested in doing a monster hunter themed set. I hadn't been posting as much because I've been focusing a lot on GDS3 but I kinda fucked that for myself so I could use a project to focus on.

that seems like an awesome card

Not him, but it's a bit bizarre.
I wrote an export template to make spit out functional Cockatrice custom sets, which works passably except for double-faced cards, because there's literally no function in it that lets you export half an image.
This is a stealth request for any suggestions people have because I'm fucking tired of using photoshop to batch-split the card images, then manually renaming them

Is the sac clause meant to be part of the ability?

Resident madman here. This time, I've created a Dance Dance Revolution machine that ends the world.

I feel like your Rathalos is a lot cooler than mine.

Although mine gets to be a paired card with Rathian, who shocks fliers.

Yes, if you dont have a hunting party its a 3/3 hasty flyer for 4, but if you do it becomes a ball lightning but it dies. I actually want to change it to at the end of combat and probably give Red Wing a non combat ability of some sort. It feels weird it turns into an equipment you cant equip and doesnrt do much out of combat that turn even if you could.

Also i just reviewed it and the template is really messy so sorry about that. I also think there shouls be something more unique and splashy in general for Monster hunter's equipmemt but I dunno what it could be. An extra deck might be a thing here.
I think I like this but I honwstly son't know. If youre templating it like this eith its own symbols, it should probably be a whole set mechanic, and if it is a big mythic isnt the card to make it easy for me to get what this mechanic usually is to know if its good and worth the special template.
In my head I think here would be more than 1 Rathalos card, so there would be splashier rathalos cards and leas splashy ones. That was why i gave it a non specific name.

I had actually been wondering how to relate Rathian and rathalos and her being green and smashing flyers and rathalos smashing non fliers is actually a perfect thing. Mine is "interesting" because someone posted about monsters that die into equipment so I wanted to do that, but the front is not too crazy unique really. I like the build your own Inferno Titan on the back though.

>Yes, if you dont have a hunting party its a 3/3 hasty flyer for 4, but if you do it becomes a ball lightning but it dies.

>Hunting Party -- When ~ enters the battlefield, if you control at least four other creatures, it gets +3/+0 and gains "At the beginning of the end step, sacrifice this creature."
Or
>Hunting party -- Whenever ~ attacks, if you control at least four other creatures, you may have it get +3/+0 until end of turn. If you do, sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step.
Or end of combat, your choice.

>1/0

fateseal 1 (or even more)

Fateseal is super toxic and resulted in players not enjoying the game. If a keyword leaves players feeling cheated, or that they don't want to play another game, that's an issue.

If you're playing blue-black that's the point: making your opponent feel bad

Here's some I've collected from various internets.

they didn't enjoy fateseal because it was stapled onto jace motherfucking mind sculptor, it was the card that make them feel bad, not just the first ability

I really like feint and maneuver

Changed fossils a bit based on feedback. I was thinking of maybe making it so it's sacrificed on being dealt damage, but idk.