Malifaux general

Malifaux general - I have the copypasta edition!

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives.
Books;
mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw
mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

Statcards by Faction:
mega.nz/#F!a8QBgCaD!mMN8jvLMuNKHA5G3nJ0FSg

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of Malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4- New Wave 4 Models

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

Current Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/123837-gaining-grounds-2017/

Discord for Shitposting and other Wyrd related things.
discord.gg/p8sevqe

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!4580UABT!AdpEA-rawjs0SVKI8XGbWw
mega.nz/#!4qQCwZKT!WOF3hrv5SgaoeTFwoeyL_qxsdqsidQjJFgKmJ8s9TUo
schemesandstones.wordpress.com/2016/11/08/quick-reference-gremlins-v1-0/
schemesandstones.wordpress.com/2016/09/09/building-on-a-budget-gremlins/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm gonna get into the game. I'm probably gonna go with Collodi and his crew because scary puppets are cool. What should I get to go along with it to make a viable crew? Someone once told me that all the different effigies are a good choice, anything else?

C'mon, I know the players are still around even if the generals are dead.

Collodi can summon effigies or hand their buff out to nearby puppets and minions, so the effigies are a good buy, especially something like Brutal, lots of healing and cards.
Illuminated, Stitched together and Rougarou are some good minions to deal damage, scheme wise Terror tots and Silurids are good buys.

Its late. Bumping because i got shit to talk about in the morning.

Almost complete Malifaux and Through the Breach trove here:
mega.nz/#F!4580UABT!AdpEA-rawjs0SVKI8XGbWw

been trying to figure out why i would want to field a grave robber

How good is the Open Graves pack for a beginner?

first maser that box is bad. if you own 3+ masters in ressers = great.
Nicco is a great master but that box is a master, a henchmen his totem and 3 models you should only ever summon. to make it work at 50ss you'll need a box of mindless zombies, carrion emissary, and a few other things to fill it out. First time ressers I would suggest Mccmourning, molly, seamus, or reva

Dont die on me

alright. So, I am going to be getting into the Guild and I am really liking the Latigo family but what is the deal with Nino? just why? why is his shooting that damn bad?

also, is it better to take a pair of Austringers or Pistoleros in place of Nino?

I've just bought pajeet's crew and was looking at the unaligned sage upgrade.

Are there any academics from other factions that are worth looking at? Actually, are there any that aren't sanctioned mages?

Anyone have Chronicles #29? It's missing from here and the official one requires a signup to a third-party site to get a... watermarked free PDF. What the fuck.

mega.nz/#!4qQCwZKT!WOF3hrv5SgaoeTFwoeyL_qxsdqsidQjJFgKmJ8s9TUo

Got it. Thanks a bunch.
(hope it's not your data in the watermark)

It's my grandfather's

I fucking hate purple on models but that color scheme looks fantastic. Nice work

This is really going to be the few Malifaux players keeping these threads on life support, eh?

What master plays the best with their thematic crew? For example, lynch and darkened. Lucius with guardsmen and mimics. Etc.

>Nicco is a great master but that box is a master, a henchmen his totem and 3 models you should only ever summon. to make it work at 50ss you'll need a box of mindless zombies, carrion emissary, and a few other things to fill it out. First time ressers I would suggest Mccmourning, molly, seamus, or reva
Worth pointing out that the Nicco box does work fine if you get another master first, though. The stuff in his box is stuff he wants to summon, so once he's got some other choices to fill out his actual list, Nicco does OK.

This is a problem shared by a lot of the summon-heavy masters - Kirai, Leviticus, Dreamer and Hamlin also all feel very light using just the models from the starter box, since most of the included models are either their summons or just very cheap.

>What master plays the best with their thematic crew?

Rasputina by a mile. No one else really depends on their thematic models the way she does.

Have a bump. I didn't have the copypasta and tried re-assembling the generals after they'd been gone for a while, and got a lot of shit for it.
Everyone wants to complain when Malifaux General isn't to their liking, but ain't nobody wants to do it themselves.

been reading the rules to this game and it's pretty good. I play BMG as it is an objective based skirmish game but I've got to give this game a shot. is there a way to look to communities online?

are the cards with the models the updated versions? what is the deal with the arsenal cards?

Thanks user. I like to follow the philosophy of "I'm the one making the thread and if you have a problem with it you can either eat a dick or make your own thread". It's a working title but it at least gets the point across.

How good is the Flesh Construct for Nicodem?
My FLGS has a 50% discount for their remaining Malifaux stuff, and that is the only starter box left.

Pistoleros arent great. What is wrong with nino? Hes a reliable sniper with arguably the most powerful anti scheme tool in the game.

University of transmortis box, 3 specialized cyber zombies and one superzombie.
No, they are not erratad. Arsenals were so that people could use 1e models who lacked 2e cards.

Fleshy should be good, insanely tanky and very easy to summon.

the rest of the ortegas can put more of a hurt and I want models the can get objectives. also, i don't think I have gotten the grasp on playing with nino.

What's the best box to pick up if I'm looking to start playing with Gremlins? I want to paint up some green hillbillies but I don't know where to begin

Can't really go super wrong here, but Somer is a general good pick.

schemesandstones.wordpress.com/2016/11/08/quick-reference-gremlins-v1-0/
This guide might help you out.

Oops, meant this one

schemesandstones.wordpress.com/2016/09/09/building-on-a-budget-gremlins/

Collodi