World war themed sci-fi

So Veeky Forums I'm looking to run a game with ww1 -
early ww2 technology level and theme, except with sci-fi elements such as robot arms, mech's etc etc.
However I haven't the foggiest idea of what system would be good to run it in.

What would you suggest?

inb4 GURPS

Traveller would work. You'd have to stat out specific vehicles, but that would probably be necessary anyway as no system really covered the exact thing you're looking for (plus statting out vehicles takes a minute or 2 in Traveller - you can even make them up on the spot)

I recommend Call of Cthulu. It's free and easy to run. Also it has a huge amount of skills and is right around the time period you're looking for.

Mmm problem is the group i'm running it for are all sick of traveller/don't like the system and want a different system.

Valkyria Chronicles is a good start with what I'm thinking.

Honestly "Only War" might work for you.

Its a 40k rpg, but you could easily just use the chore mechanics and rules.

Fairly in-deph combat rules, rules for vehicles, augmetics, and weapons range from anywhere from bolt action rifles to lazer cannons and heavy artillery.

I had a thought about it but wasn't sure. cheers

I'll have to check it out. thanks

thread is now a "not" world war thread. dumping what I got

And that's everything I have.

Do Ma.K count as retro sci fi? Because their stuff are looks like world war mish mashes in space. It even have bunch of space Germans.

Make sure you guys don't forget to put on your facemasks so that you'll be even harder to understand over the sound of the tank.

Don't see why not.

Facemask are necassary on WW1 style tanks, mostly because it protect the crew from its engine emissions.

They also communicate with morse code using wrenches and lead pipes anyway, because the engine is loud as heck.

>mostly because it protect the crew from its engine emissions.
thats not the reason they were used - they were anti-shrapnel. Machine gun bullets hitting the outside of the tank caused fragments to shear off the inside, injuring the crew (WW1 tanks had very thin armor...)

They knew about gases and how to use gas masks in WW1 - but they decided not to use them inside tanks and just let the crew get massive headaches and throw up after a mission. The fumes weren't fatal and the effects were only temporary, so gas masks weren't used unless there was actual poison gas around.

what the fuck kind of engine are these things using?

Genesys has a weird war setting.

I like that kind of sci fi, more retro in looks. The ones than look more rugged,like Star wars instead of looking like a Iphone product.

Depends of the nation, sometimes they use bio-tech.

Maid RPG

Great mini and paint job. Retarded 8x (at least) scope on a MG.

Oh my god, that's amazing.

HAHAHAHA WOW DUDE YOU DID LE EPIC WHACKY THING XDXDXDXD HELLA UPVOTES TO YOU GOOD SIR

I'd recommend Savage Worlds. It has strong combat, good vehicle rules, and has the right feel of lethal/challenging with characters still feeling like heroes. I used it for a Valkyria game and players loved it.