Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, babe
>Last Viewed Files:
>youandyourcoolestbrohighfivinginslowmotionforever.btl
>Third_Tusk_-_Blutsbrüder.mp9
>favors_owed.txt
>A-List.contact

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 1231 (98% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Getting the boys back together, get in here'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Laser_Cop_Double_Dragons_S3E4.sim

>Look out for your mage
>Keep a spare magazine for your sammy
>Tip your driver
>And never take a dragon as a contact

Dream Team Edition
Describe the best groups or players you've ever run with
>actually playing

I'm a GM who's resigned to fact that he'll never get to sit on the other side of shadowrun, so in my spare time, I like to come up with ideas for runner duos. Currently among my favorite are a Sasquatch and his shoulder-mounted gnome mage, decker and technomancer who never leave the house, and droneAI with back-up techno for maximum machine Sprite shenanigans. Gif related to the last one.

>>never take a dragon as a contact
>not going friends in high places and taking Lofwyr as a 12/12 contact
Nothing wrong with dealing with dragons, chummer.

>cash, grass, or tits

fucking artist couldn't even finish the rhyme.

loyalty only goes to 6, chummer. and expecting Loyalty 6 from a dragon is a dumb idea

I like Shadowrun

The best team would have as many lolis as possible. I was once planning a game with /a/nons where we all made loli characters, but it fell apart due to GM deciding to disappear. Crying shame.

People like you are why these threads had adiposis neoteny girls.

>Bottom left corner.
Dope Stars Inc reference?

>player intentionally builds severely underpowered character

Wat to?

how underpowered, which archetype?

social adept.

Not a single power point invested into enhancing social skills, has datajack, so character’s magic droped from 6 to 5 and no other ware.

what powers?

I managed to revise my dude a bit from last time, Now with a slightly wider set of skills. Got a bit of money to play around with so I now have some more equipment but going into debt looks rough since it appears that nobody is going to want to lend a hobo any money.
As usual, looking for equipment tips, I finally have enough to get a SIN, though not a very good one and some consumables for the crew to use. Also looted some nice armor but I probably won't be able to use that in most runs. What should I aim to buy next?

>but it fell apart due to GM deciding to disappear
I wonder why.

mystic armour , some ability boosts, some minor skill enhancements to unarmed and running critical strike, oh I missed it, has 1 point of negotiation skill enhancement and kinesics, so not totally without adept powers invested into social skills.

Also has edge of 1.

pheromones y/n?

So, either he took "cool" stuff he found, he doesn't know what the fuck is he doing or he is intentionally building something useless (for what purose though).

Offer to help him?

>Offer to help him?

I did , he rejected.

I feel like this is gonna be Angel summomers and BMX bandit.

Did you tell him that? It's cool if he has a concept and is willing to suffer for it, but the moment he starts bitching about being "useless", make your smuggest face at him.

Are the effects from multiple sources of electricity damage cumulative? Lets say a very skilled operator laid out some suppressing fire and manage to hit everyone followed by the rest of the team plinking along, distributing their fire on the ones who are most likely to get drained to 0, would you actually be able to keep the enemy from acting?

An easier scenario would be multiple guys with stick and shock/tazers zapping one guy, would it be possible to drain his init every single round until he passed out?

Yes, but in SR it's very possible to drop your target in 1-2 initiative passes, so it's not really practical.

>An easier scenario would be multiple guys with stick and shock/tazers zapping one guy, would it be possible to drain his init every single round until he passed out?

Not exactly. Core rulebook pg 171:
The dice pool penalty and Initiative Score reduction do not accumulate with multiple attacks, but the length of the penalty is extended by 1 Combat Turn for each successful damaging attack while a character
is affected.

I have this issue, I just shoe horn my runners as background characters for my group. They seem to like the revolving groups as opposed to encountering nameless runners.

I don't think electrical effects other than the dice penalty for being zapped counts as an affliction. Init damage is, well, init damage.

Well I know that it's cumulative with the called shot that reduces initiative by 5.
So you can use that to shave off a whole turn off your enemy.

Yeah looks like he has no idea what he is doing.
Mystic armor only makes sense if you want to focus on astral combat.

If I spend a simple action to take aim before burst fire, do I reset my accumulated recoil since it counts as simple action not spent shooting?

Yes.

So adept powers that boost skills and stats seem to interact just fine with decking, which makes me wonder: is playing a physad decker viable? If you were gonna try and do it, would it be better to go burnout or try and minimize/eliminate ware? The idea of being a decker who gets by on being "just that good" sounds like fun.

yes and it's seen as one of the reasons that awakened are too powerful and adepts are cheese

You boost your meatspace initiative like a motherfucker and you stick to AR.

A mundane decker might be slightly better at pure decking thanks to his 'ware and the hot-sim bonus, but the adept can act in the Matrix and in meatspace at the same time where he cannot. Much, much more versatile.

I like the sasquatch and gnome idea quite a bit.

I hope you can find a game to play in sometime, user; having been a foreverGM for years, I know the pain.

>Adepts are the problem
Leave the bro tier awakened alone.
The problem lies with mystics and mages, who could, straight out of charge, cover an entire sprawlblock in a blizzard if they wanted to.
Or initiate once and cause earthquakes.
That's the stuff that makes them broken, maximum power and utility with minimal investment.
An asset has to bend everything he has to decking if he wants to do it, just like any other decker.

Chummer, Read my post
I said that awakened are the problem. Adepts less so but still
and one of the problems is that Adept deckers can be better all around than normal Deckers

Adepts are battle autists - for a fuckload of karma they are very good at one thing (even though it would have been better to go wide instead of getting that sweet 28 in unarmed combat).

Magicians can do A N Y T H I N G with magic.

My favorite group also had my best players, imo.

>mischievous jackass of a pixie decker
>amerindian troll shaman/melee berserker (eventually became the pixie's gf)
>foppish but charismatic oni yakuza face
>oni face's sister, a violent bosozoku rigger and former go-ganger
>alcoholic elf mage/detective

There were more to the characters than that, but those are the brief descriptions. It was honestly a pleasure to GM for them; I was suspecting weebshit when I saw the oni, but their players actually did a good job.

Neck mages and mystics.
The new apected and adepts are cool tho, you guys can stay.

Oh shit I just had a guy like that, only it was unintentional due to not reading the fucking book to understand shit.

Street samurai with cyberlimbs in which all his limbs had an agility score of 3. I explained that unless he actually reads the books then chummer wont make any sense then he should just make a character in front of me.

desu "cyberlimbs have lower base agility/strength than baseline" is fucking retarded.

What's everyone's opinion on metavariants (oni, gnomes, dryads, etc.)? Snowflakey and unnecessary, or cool?

3 is the average you nigger.

Between okayish (Oni) and snowflakey (dryades).
I prefer my games free of metavariants and metasapients, save for Ais. Those are fucking awesome.

Limit them to be purely cosmetic regional variants of the base metatype and they're cool. The actual rules are a min-maxing nightmare.

This sounds about right. I wouldn't have a problem if someone wanted to play a cyclops or oni or something, but it'd just be a different looking troll/ork/whatever as far as rules were concerned at my table.

Sometimes i will find a shadowrun game that allows for pixies.

And then i'll play Stabbybell, the claymore-wielding, offensively scottish fairy.

But yeah, metasapients are dumb. Metavariants are okay, if munchkinny.

Cash, grass, or flash?

Lost Boys.

"Cash, Grass, or Ass, no one rides for free" is how I ussually see it on bumper stickers.

On a scale of LotR to WoW, how long are Shadowrun elf ears? Is there a range?

As long as the person playing the character wants them to be.

Fair enough.

What do I need to fear when I'm within a 16 body and armor vehicle with 12 points of non-conductive armor add-on, slaves to a DR 6 commlink ?

Just want to know what I should look out for.

It's Gas, Grass, or Ass.

If you're a mundie, mages. If you're magic master race, still mages, to a lesser extent.

If a mage wanted to cast the same at multiple targets by splitting his dice, does he also split his melee dice if its a touch attack?

Should I train my mage partner to protect our new team ride ?
Astral barrier seems useful for that.

Err... that's not underpowered, that's just not optimised. As long as you don't throw them against prime threats straight away it's not a problem.

Canon art over the editions show elf ears small enough that they're almost human, to flamboyant WoW ears. It's just natural variation, like how some people have tiny eyebrows and others have bushy monobrows that cover their forehead.

Literally anyone who has a full-auto capable weapon.

That's underpowered.

Wait, do defensive modifiers from more bullets also affect soak?

Does this also apply from ranged attacks coming from the guy getting meleed?

The AP modifier does. If someone suppressive-fires the vehicle, it hits everyone inside. If someone complex full autos the vehicle, everyone inside has to resist it. If they, god forbid, use ANY OF THE AP INCREASING MANEUVERS, it will strip all armor.

My bad, I misread the post you were quoting, for a sec I thought the target was a human and all this time I've been making soak tests ignoring def mods from full auto/bf/etc

Someone earlier mentioned metavariants, and I have a few questions.

What differentiates some of them from their main types? Like, some of them (oni, minotaur, dryad, etc) are pretty clear and well-explained. But what differentiates an ogre from a particularly obese orc, for example?

Have you tried reading the fucking book you nigger?

yes, but some of them don't seem like they're unique enough to be their own special variant

Like as far as I can tell, you could just call any short and fat orc an ogre.

>ranged attacks coming from the guy getting meleed?

That would be "Attacker in Melee Combat" (core 176-177). It's a -3 to ranged attacks.

Ogre's have the Ogre Stomach metagenic trait, which means they have reduced lifestyle costs and a +2 to tests against ingested toxins. I believe they also have a slightly different statline but I don't remember that off the top of my head.

Depending on the metavariant, they might have a different statline or additional metagenic traits.

it's just genetic differences. They're more stable and consistent than changelings though.

This user is a cunt but yeah, the books give you everything there is to know. Some of them are very similar, they're only variants after all. I don't know if they're even considered a subspecies.

Loyalty goes to 7 if they are family, so now you have a game mechanic reason to marry Lofwyr.

Personally I like them conceptually, even if they aren't handled very well statistically or even in the lore. While, for the time being, I wouldn't mind them just being cosmetic changes I would prefer if they just had interesting but balanced statistical changes. Same with metasapients.

they're mostly fine. Dryads, Fomori, and Gnomes are fucking OP though.

A social adept with no power points spent in social powers can still get 16-20 in social skills by other means. That's still enough unless you are playing a high-power campaign.
Hell, I've seen faces with only 12-14 dice do well.
Not being optimised does not equal underpowered. It depends on the GM.

Yeah, me too, since he was /a/fag as well. Probably had some IRL shit to deal with.

If by some miracle a new company ever got to release a new Shadowrun edition and decided to add one of the existing metavariants and one new archetype to the default line up to spice it up, what would you suggest ?

Can I choose A.I.? I want A.I. with the option of existing in the physical world with either completely robotic bodies or inside vehicles, comms, guns, etc.

>WIL 6. BOD and WIL should be odd due to condition monitor boxes rounding up
>aren't manablades, you know, blades? Why do you have the specialization in Clubs?
>get some points into etiquette. With just one die you have an extremely high risk of getting no dice to roll. and even if not you have a 1/6 chance to crit glitch
>get yourself a Tag Eraser
>9 Kamikaze?
>raise the SIN rating to 4

Manablade can be any melee skill.

Putting an Oni on the cover would probably make the new edition more "exotic"

Get that mod that isolates the inside from outside environmental factors like gas ASAP.

Also grab runflat tires or the GM will have fun with you, your car and roadstrips

This:
AIs all the way

AI's, at least those that originate from E-Ghosts. It's downright criminal that in a world that has established AI's of PC-level power you need to jump through the bad editing of 5 books to make a staple of the setting.

What's your preferred heavy pistol /srg/? I'm really torn between the Predator, Guardian, and the revolver from the German book.

Cavalier Deputy.

Savalette or LeMat.
Though technically, the Walter Secura II is an almost strictly better Savalette. To bad it also has a Smartgun instead of a Laserpointer, I'd really have liked a burst-capable heavy pistol with stock laserpointer :/

These are all hard to pronounce without sounding stupid.

Isn't the Secura down a point of DV compared to the Savalette?

Savalette Guardian/Colt Agent Special combo. They use the same ammo, which simplifies logistics significantly.
If there were also an SMG that uses heavy pistol ammo I'd be in heaven.
Also, railgun pistols when, CGL? Do at least one cool thing before 6th edition.

It's always been gas, grass, or ass. This really doesn't seem to be a reference to the saying.

Easier solution is the Fubuki, Hammerli, Lightfire 75. All light pistol ammo with one for suppressive fire, one for stealth, and one for regular shooting.

So our GM kinda threw too much at us for our first run. He also locked down the entire area we're in, making it very difficult to escape. None of us have contacts in this area.

What should I do as a player in this situation?

It's the same 'pay me' sentiment.

nope, both have the exact same damage code.

2 guns > 3 guns

1 gun > 2 guns

Just get a silencer for the savalette. With the inherent Gyro, everybody gets to the 3 RC that is enough.

What gear do you have available, which archetypes are present, what sort of area is it?

It's another city, I think it's a homebrew. The area has been closed due to a "natural disaster".

We've got a sammy, rigger, decker, and a sammy/face. Client wants us to attack a facility and free some kid. Place is right next to a roadblock, with military presence. Site has on-location guards.

Everyone is bitching at me for trying to find a way out of the city, and ditch the job. It's bad for cred, yeah, but so is dying because you have no safe house or extraction plan.

Hm, I'd prepare an entrypoint to the sewers as a means to exfiltrate, then try to set something ablaze with a time delayed trigger (gas station) to lure the guards away and extract the target or move away