ITT:tell me about the angels in your setting

ITT:tell me about the angels in your setting

Functionally non-existent.

Read Revelations.

Chaotic good.

Demons are Lawful Evil.

basically just divine golems, most of whom have been forgotten about and left standing in whatever post they held millenia ago. they were created as weapons by several of the gods, and at this point have largely been abandoned in favor of chosen mortal champions and the souls of valiant dead.

Mine are created by an lawful evil entity known as Saklas The Demiurge and when Saklas was shattered, their leader Metatron absorbed half of his power while the fallen angel Helel has the other half. they told the followers of Saklas that he will return but Metatron secretly delayed it so he could remain in power. they also blackmailed the more lawful gods in my setting and when the sun elf mother goddess rebelled against the angels for trying to enslave the sun elves, it caused a civil war that splintered the sun elf race and the ones who followed Saklas became the light elves

heh, clever

Angels always appear as white animals. Usually doves, lambs, cats, and dogs. They rarely fight, instead they shield the innocent from danger; such as leading children back home after getting lost in the forest, or magically putting out fires so you can escape a burning building. Anyone evil enough to attack an angel suffers the wounds they tried to inflict on themselves instead, unless if they are very powerful or a demon.

Occasionally angels may appear as white tigers, bears, lions, or even a dragon or massive whale- they only do this when it is time to fight the forces of evil head on. They are fearsome in battle and give the good at heart courage to overcome darkness.

Celestial automatons that God created as warrior-servants to carry out His Will, including heralding the Apocalypse.

They're aliens.
They observe humanity.
They're surrounded by dazzling light and you cannot look at them.
They live in the center of the Earth.
Passage to "Heaven" lies through the hole in the center of Antarctica.

Tolkien-esque with a bit of "we have only a vague idea what we are doing" flavor.

Biblical
>I looked up and there before me was a man dressed in linen, with a belt of fine gold from Uphaz around his waist. His body was like topaz, his face like lightning, his eyes like flaming torches, his arms and legs like the gleam of burnished bronze, and his voice like the sound of a multitude.

This isn't D&D though, so don't expect a statline.

The gods are AI that survived the apocalypse, Angels are robots they've manged to guide/convince their worshipers to build for them so they can more directly assert their will on the world below them.

With big tits and always slutty.

The lowest levels of angels are formed from the souls of mortals, and therefor are pretty alright. The upper levels of angels are horrific eldritch abominations that kill all potential evil, which includes every sapient creature.

Embodiments of Platonic Forms; not actually sentient (mere prisms that scatter the Divine Light), but they might appear that way in the material world.

Like in Supernatural

People who tried to ascend to godhood but didn't quite make it.

Total killjoys

ascended humans. The first corpse in a new grave site (masoleum, crematorium, graveyard, etc) is reborn as the appearance and general personality of that human, then powered by and charged with protecting humanity, particularly those near and connected to the grave site. The larger the grave, the more powerful the being becomes.

the most powerful of these beings known are from mass graves dug during a period of wars and plagues 2 centuries prior. One of which is an infant who was tossed in first after cleaning up a city-wide massacre.
So there's a being of godlike power with all the personality of a terrified, hurt infant. A being of pure pain and id, with no further thought, knowledge or development.
This creature's wails affecting and twisting humans and animals are where monsters come from.

Angels are servants of the ancient God. They belong to angelic orders (Wrath, Pride, Mercy, Despair and such). Angels were summoned to this world by wishes and desires of mortals which echoed in god's breath.

Like that pretty much. Smt was a huge influence on the cosmology of my setting.

There are no gods, only man. Angels are simply humans who created a god, and they themselves are the god they created.

Enochian