Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Arguments over factions politics, edition.

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/26/new-codexes-factions-our-heroes-and-more-breaking-news-from-the-las-vegas-opengw-homepage-post-1/

>Daily Video
[YouTube] Teaser: The Shadow Queen (embed)

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hQo1HIcSVtg?t=24
youtu.be/7JM7pPpfIPY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So my friend wants Space Marines (Blood Angels, Imperial Fists or Raven Guard) and wants to split the Dark Imperium box.

I have nothing against Death Guard, so how good/bad is my end of the deal? How are Death Guard going casually/competitively?

Surfing Cryptek a QT !

>looking at pricing for next fun army list
>£472 after 25% discount

horde ad mech hurts the wallet

Battlescribe lists weapon options for the Hour Guard.

There's nothing of the sorts in the Errata or Codex.
Shitscribe's wrong, isn't it?

index options are legal

Nobody eats like this you degenerate

>Index
fuck, forgot these exist

Funny thing about that is it doesn't work with Custodes, because their transports don't have a capacity. Only a list of specific models.

In recennt tournaments, they often come in the top 5 and thats without Mortarion. They are a solid army.

I love the entry of the priest in the IG

In the announcement, gw referenced
>a diverse range of advanced Stratagems to keep every game fresh
What stratagems/army are they talking about that has advanced Stratagems? I think it might be fun to play, rather than the boring shit that is ever codex I've been remotely excited about.

Neither are winning tournaments, if thats what you want to know, but both are decent enough
Only marine list I've seen win is smurfs with Gorillaman

Do you run your LasPreds with sponsons?
20 points per lascannon seems decent but on the other hand for two sponson you could get a third predator

Poxwalker farms specifically are the very very strong area that you get in dark imperium, the marines are ok and pretty tanky but not competitive

pic related is my fun list when not practising ITC matches, i always give the priest the blade of conquest

DG are doing fine and are a fun army to collect. If you want to be more competitve with them you can always ally in Daemons or CSM.

The 3 codices that are coming out, user.

Oh. Is gw saying that those will be interesting instead of just copy pasted and slightly tweaked versions of everything else?

What is it, all Electropriests all the time? They're great, but convert them for god's sake, it costs a third of the money if you have enough spare punchy things, rapid-fire guns and heads spare from all the other Admech dual kits.

I'm going with Electrosquats for mine.

cadian brigade (which i already have most of)

3x 19 electropriests, 6x dragoons, dominus

i have zero other ad mech models so nothing to convert unfortunately

I really want to like 8e, but it is so fucking bland. Like if I wanted to play a game where every faction had to different looking pieces but virtually the same rules, I'd make a custom chess set.

How do you spice your games/armies up to make them more tactically interesting.

Change the data yourself if it is wrong, retards. Battlescribe is a great tool for non-brainlets.

I play off meta armies

last army: scions + bullgryns with GK
current army: scions and cadians
next army: ad mech horde and mordians

Play non-rulebook tournament missions (like ITC, NOVA, Warzone Atlanta), find people that are much better than you that will give a real challenge, do a campaign if you want casual-level fun. The list could go on.

it isnt wrong though you bellend

I already made a basic Spreadsheet.
That said you dense mother fucker. I was making fun about the mess that GW created and that image of “I give” shows it.
Just making fun of GW no need to suck BS or GW dick

One another made a lengthy but very right post fairly recently.

If people see 40k as a competitive, balanced game, they're doing it wrong. It's so fucking huge that having it balanced and competitive is doomed to fail. I play to have fun with friends.

Make fluff lists user, you'll see it's fun. Pour hours onto your models, that makes it much more enjoyable.

Don't see why they'd market it any other way, even if the reality is a bunch of Ctrl-C; Ctrl-V strats

The bots are back in town!

youtu.be/hQo1HIcSVtg?t=24

I don't necessarily want competitive or non competitive. Both are fine, though I think you're full of shit that balance and competition are mutually exclusive goals.

I want something interesting in my army. To put it another way, it's super boring that every codex so far has basically had the same stratagems in them .

Fair play

It seems like you approaching this edition like the previous ones which is a mistake. Successful armies in this edition are built around unique stratagems and unit combinations. Take a good look through your codex and find combos that make you excited and go from there.
I love this edition for its list building combo potential.

Well, that's not exactly a small amount of melee. Can't help with the Dragoons, but I think you could buy spare Skitarii Ranger hooded heads, Kataphron Arc and Hydraulic Claws and three boxes of Kairic Acolytes to convert for less money than 12 £25 Priest boxes. Looks better too, although I'm biased.

You've picked the single most expensive way to play Admech, but it is hella fun to punch out Custodes with literally who chumps. I'd recommend you give the Dominus the Prime Hermeticon Warlord Trait and use an extra CP on Infiltrating him alongside the priest armada with Stygies Tactics, because then you get to reroll your melee punching and effectively hit like you all have 3A or 19 extra Fulgurites.

So, Squire Knights are back, woo.

Not him, but I stop playing warmachine due to this crap.
If I wanted to play a card game like MtG I would be playing that.

Guess I’ll be back to infinity or the old skirimish games. Freaking Cuckspire is more interesting.

>unique stratagems and unit combinations

Where?

>There will be GW announcements at GAMA, and 3 NEW Things unveiled at Adepticon
Oh boy I cant wait to see them release 3 new varieties of space marines

I'm more curious if next week's heresy weekender shows some of the leftover Custodes stuff. Mostly conversion kits at this point, but still handy!

You sound salty.

Yay, small babby knights to swarm around Daddy knight
>Knight Paladin teaches lil' knight how to stomp on Xenos
Cute!

Custard pdf when

Do you seriously expect space marines after custodes and three xeno codices reveal?

Whatever, your loss.

Open the damn book. Look through the whole faction if you have to.
I am currently super excited about combos with pic related. So many potential combos with Obliterators and other Nurgle Daemons.

ill be spending 5 CP to infiltrate everyone, hence the IG brigade

i'm currently torn on who to have as warlord, right now company commander with kurovs and GS trait nets me so much CP to use its unreal, but the dominus traits are solid aswell

depending on the opponant, i'll ewither be spending 1CP for a relic of either:

Pater cog tooth vs lots of vehicles
rainment of technomartyr (>overwatch hits are actually 3 s5 hits and also get another shot, charge me bitch)
or the one that lets me reroll 1s in the combat phase for the dragoons, although i can get this via canticles anyway

the problem with dominus is that in ITC scoring he is worth a full 4 points from kingslayer if you let him heal at least 1 wound, whereas the company commander is far far harder to get at and is only worth 3 points

(You)

Even space marine players shouldn't want there to be so many space marines. It just means every battle in the future will be space marine vs space marine which is boring as fuck.

knightlet > cryptek

He is not wrong thou, after all picture related is a thing.
I’m expecting SW, DW and a marine supplement.

Yes? Maybe for '''''variety''''' it will be evil spiky space marines instead.

Pred Auto Cannon and HB sponsons is probably the best way to run them. 450 points gets you a kill shot, which turns the bolters into 3 shot auto cannons. 190 points for quad las is too pricey imo, Preds are very easy to kill with no invuln save. its better at that points to get a Las Mortis Contemptor Dread for 206 that gets +1 BS, 5++, and chapter tactics.

I'd be happy to fight space marines all the time, my stuff is made for killing space marines!
If Custodes get the power armour "marine" tag, why don't the other non-marines?

Marines are the foundation 40k is built on. Get the fuck out with your petty jealousy.

They look about dreadnaught sized. Probably elite or heavy support with 10-15 wounds.

Is stormcast a space marines?

>Marines are the foundation 40k is built on.
And as well know, houses are nothing but foundation.

Kill shot doesn't turn HB or autocannon damage up. Read the stratagem. It only gives +1 to damage ROLL, like for lascannons.

Maybe. I'm definitely seeing one more Necromancer gang.

Sisters and some inquisitors wear power armour but they aren't genetically engineered supersoldiers.

The “marine” tag is used as a replacement for “Another Power armour clad army composed of super elite solider with modification to make them super soldiers”

So random Inquisitor, Tau Battlesuit, Knight, SoB and SoS are left out of the “marine” tag

Without a solid foundation things fall apart. That's why marines are released first: to build it.

Yeah but what happens when the house has no foundation?

No one is saying to get rid of space marines.

Nah more like Dreadknight size.

no it doesnt, it says wound roll and damage

pic related

Unique axe is terrible, Rainment is meh unless literally all of those Priests are Corpuscarii but decent if they are, reroll mask is a bit superfluous when you have Canticles and hit on 2+ exploding 4+ anyway.

Given that you can take Kurovs Aquila anyway without Grand Strategist, I'd recommend Dominus reroll trait since they really do make Priests absolute monsters. It does slightly expose Slay The Warlord, but he's much less likely to be casually wiped off the map by a few scout snipers or an Arquebus team and he gets you a free 320pts worth of offense taped to your massive melee alpha strike, which is utterly amazing and also makes them more likely to get full squad wipes on things for 3++.

Are those priests all melee, all ranged or a mix?

Back in the space crusade era, marines exist but it was not the current wank.

“We start 40k due to marines, we stay due to everything else”

Most people have a marine army and a second army, because after the initial investment the poster boys get boring when there are more interesting things in the setting

>I’d be happy to fight space marines all the time!
youtu.be/7JM7pPpfIPY

>New Drukhari Codex
>front cover is from the old Codex and represents an Archon model from 3 editions ago with prominent options that don't even exist in 8E

Kek

It appears that I'm incorrect, good to know. That makes it better than I thought.

Can confirm everyone except me in my group has a marine army.

almost all the codices have the same art.

Marines, Orks, Chaos, Eldar and Tyranids you mean?

>prominent options that don't even exist in 8E
If crons are getting new wargear who is to say those options won't be available again?

Just because you are indecisive and can't stick to one army/grand alliance, doesn't mean other people are the same.
I would even say that most people get interested in the hobby due to marines and stay for it. That's the whole reason HH game took off and was thriving until 8th release.

I know, I just think it's funny that the DE art is so anachronistic.

Plenty have.
Back in the old days, marines (and CSM) outsold everything else, period, and there was none of this "bias" people claim there is now.
And this is back when SM of all stripes were among the worst armies in the game to field.
People just like space marines, and crying that the highest selling army since the inception of the game gets more attention is pathetic.

> literally all of those Priests are Corpuscarii but decent if they are,

they are

>reroll mask is a bit superfluous when you have Canticles and hit on 2+ exploding 4+ anyway.

i agree, however its only for 1 CP

>he's much less likely to be casually wiped off the map by a few scout snipers or an Arquebus team

the company commander is literally immune to fire as he just sits out of line of sight all game

>kurovs and dominus WL

this is a solid suggestion desu, although i'll have to dial back spamming the +1 save vs priests on an objective

>Are those priests all melee, all ranged or a mix?

all corpuscari, i cannot justify losing 86 average shots, 50 ish attacks and 40 points (which means a dragoon) for some chances at mortal wounds, when the dragoons already hit out 35+ autocannon attacks with thier exploding 4+s

yeah its fucking insane, its easily countered by killing 1 or 2 tanks turn 1 though

So any thoughts on the Custodes relic Guardian Spear?
Essentially its just a Guardian Spear with Rapid Fire 3
I dont remember if it did anything else

>house analogies

correct me if I'm wrong, but there's nothing wrong with that cover. archons still have access to special swords, the glow could be just the archon's soul trap(which yes, is not a thing as of 8e, but it was in 7e)

>Orks
>the foundation of anything
Face it if it wasn't for the comic relief GW would have killed them by now.

> I play off meta
> always includes WAAC Guard
Oh user you are such a rebel

I couldn't care less for other armies you named. This game and setting has always been Imperium vs Chaos for me and always will be. The rest of the stuff is just to provide some background.

The model it depicts (double head Archon) is also OOP and for the new Vampire Stance Archon.

You got it right, but only for the CSM version. Potentially an error, but can't confirm till we ask GW

>GigglingLink.png

>That's the whole reason HH game took off and was thriving until 8th release.
>implying it wasn't because 7th was broken to he'll and back

>scions are WAAC

most tourney lists that field scions field a single command squad with a tempestor, i was fielding 1400 points of them

My point was that people wouldn't be interested in HH game at all if the xeno appeal was as strong as the other poster claimed.

Soul Traps don't exist in 8E and that model was replaced multiple editions ago. Huskblades do exist but they fucking suck now.

Source
I’ve seen that claim many times but never seen an actual source or evidence about it.

Being this butthurt about people enjoying other things and/or having more money

>tfw the only good archons now are kitbashed

Ah that makes sense. I play CSM so that was the version that I've looked at most often. Interesting that there is a difference between factions' stratagems.

Hmm adding a second unit pretty much confirms Knights are becoming a faction eventually. It would be pretty badass to have household troops without having to ghetto it with Scions/Vanguard.

> correct me if I'm wrong, but there is nothing wrong with that cover
> yes the soul trap is not a thing in 8th
Wow user. No need to tell you that you are when you literally prove yourself wrong in your own post... Jesus Christ

Does anyone know if Zombie Dragon from AoS is the same size as Helldrake ot Maulerfiend? I want to make a convertion but I am afraid the bits wont fit.

No one is butthurt, in fact I am glad that I get some NPCs to kill every once in a while. Variety is never bad.