WIP - Work In Progress General

No WIP thread on Veeky Forums?!? Emperor's Teeth! That's HERESY!!!

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Figure painter magazine issues 1-36
mega.nz/#F!0AIGDAxL!xOT6MK3oiGpBB1pQaNy5lg

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>DIY Spraybooth
starshipmodeler.com/tech/pa_booth.htm

>DIY Wet Palette
youtube.com/watch?v=96mjmqWTPfM

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>The Bloody Hand will point the way!
youtube.com/watch?v=hQGiFWwZJno

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

>Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/Warhammer-40K-Metal-IMPERIAL-GUARD-STORM-TROOPER-Squad-unpainted/253369212992?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
youtube.com/watch?v=dm8J-kaezWM
imgur.com/a/qS7PH
strawpoll.me/14692516
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Need some ghouls
>Heresy miniatures do a really nice set
>Order them
>Put "Could you draw a demonic hamster on the box" in the comment section
>Heresy has a delay due to Christmas backlog
>Politely ask where my order is after waiting 2 weeks
>They say they will get it out that day, asks how important the hamster is
>"Very, I would hate to not have the full collection of demonic household pets drawn by Heresey minis"
>Order arrives next day
>Open the box to this

Heresy Minis are pretty cool guys. This is the best I've ever received and I've done this shit quite a few times now. The ghouls are nicely cast as well.

that is actually really awesome. props to them for sure.

Okay WipWizards, show me your best "Counts-As" conversions!

I'm proud of these guys myself

Tzaangor Enlightened and Skyfires

My dudes, what do we think these would be worth on eBay?

Kasrkin - 22 hotshot lasguns, 1 flamer, 1 gl, 4 melta, 4 plasma, 3 sergeants, 3 of what look like scuba divers? Some half baked idea of a teenage mind, I can hardly recall.

'Inquisitorial' Stormtroopers I count 15 hotshot lasguns, 1 flamer, 2 g/l, 2 melta, 2 plasma, 3 sergeants.

Does anyone have a Sentinel and a Killa Kan they can photo side by side? I'd really appreciate it as I'm looking at using KKs for a WW1 guard themed army and I need some concept of scale. Thank you!!

Very colorful, looks good user.

Strip them, £3 for troopers, £4-5 for special weapons and officers.

I'd try to list them in units of 5 troopers or 10 w/special and officer though, selling them as singles might mean you get slightly more for some of the more wanted miniatures, but then leaves you with a couple dozen that will not sell for £3+postage or whatever. Selling as a bulk load will net you a nice single sum, but it's a risk that you might sell them for under their average value each.

ebay.co.uk/itm/Warhammer-40K-Metal-IMPERIAL-GUARD-STORM-TROOPER-Squad-unpainted/253369212992?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

£48 (approx $70) for 9 stormtroopers, so looking good for £250-300 your guys there if you want to ebay them in batches and the buyers forgive the paintjob

Much appreciated boys, thank you. Yes the paint jobs stem from a variety of sources, I'd be embarrassed if I didn't strip them desu.

Finished my marbled Custodian's armor. All that's left is the head, wires, leathers, gems and his spear. Thoughts? And what colours should the gems be? I'm thinking of the classic black-red-yellow blend with a white dot.

>Starting MT army
>Need to bulk up on infantry
>This would be perfect but I need to watch my spendings
Why must you tempt me so, user

I am wanting to remove a Space Marine Librarian's plastic sword and replace it with a colored rod, akin to the green ones in Necron weapons, to make a force weapon look more like a Lightsaber blade but not sure what size or where a good place to get such a thing would be. Any help on appreciated.

Nice. I feel like the ass protection is a bit too "neat" in that the marble veins follow a pattern that is a too discernable, should have been more random, but other than that I really like it.

Gems are good to go as well.

its a cool idea but i'm not sold on the execution, the marble isnt super convincing - might look better when finished? the gold and the darklining around it look great

you can get acrylic transparent rods like you can get plastic card rods.
In a pinch you could probably also make do with cocktailsticks.

Okay, so very soon I'll be doing an Abaddon made from a plastic Termie Lord and the Abaddon Resin kit.

Can anyone give me any pointers on merging the two, and this is my first time working with resin so any pointers on that would be very much appreciated.

Don't want to fuck up 30£ worth of models.

Appreciated in advance.

I new dp to add to my death guard. I ran into a speed bump thou idk what I want to do for his arms. Any ideas?

P.S) Sorry for the reddit spacing. I have a convergence in my eyes and it's the only way I can separate sentences.

I like the drone parts idea. Very cool.
You could give him Scyther arms

That's an idea and I do have tyranid bits sitting around

Tripletongue Maggoth tongue bits for one arm, because they ought to be cheap/easy to find.

spindly little atrophied arms

Any reference to bits that would be good for that?

I actually have a few of those bits sitting around at my house lol

Hellbrute Arms.

Emphasise this 'fucked up machine-flesh' vibe you've got going on.

Woul

Would you say this is Table Top Quality?

yes

Thanks

It isn't good but you tried. I'd watch Duncan's video on painting Custodes to become better.

youtube.com/watch?v=dm8J-kaezWM

A wash is tabletop quality. Take your time, get some edge highlights and don't be so sloppy with the texture next time.

Ollie On a Snail counts as Horticulous.

jk but I am working on the actual Slimux today, just trying to get the sub assemblies together

I think i'm happy with the slime now, might give it one more coat around the legs to tie stuff together.
Trying to decide what colour do paint the cloth he's sitting on though, thinking either black or red.

You should remove the grass around the snail and replace it with darker grass to represent rot. Looks rather odd having such bright grass so close to the darkly painted deamon.

This is 14 yo kid's first model quality

Sorry dude but every time I see this I think Mulch is unpainted

Reddit spacing is a newfag meme. Don't worry about it.

That grass is way, way too healthy. He looks happy-fun-time, not 'I'm here to spread AIDs.'

the unfilled seams and gaps on the rider are bumming me out, but otherwise this looks great!

Lol ok

>Mulch

He must hate his name.

Just eeked out time to do a base coat and then slop some very rushed colour on this guy. Will do a bit more tomorrow and then do some washes to dirty him up before I bugger off for two weeks. Then I can spend the rest of my life highlighting him, woohoo.

Love these. Colourful daemons the way forward.

I'd just use the standard arms but build up the musculature around the shoulders in particular to match the body. That's probably the easy option anyway.

Loads to like about this. The snail does look under highlighted compared to everything else though.

Ah also sorry for the yellow picture, put my painting lamp away prematurely...

I'm really digging the overall look you have going so far. Great job on the sculpting.

You could instead do a conversion the the FW abandon kit. The only thing you'd really have to do is give him his sword and maybe chaos it up a bit more. The sword you could probably just buy right off of ebay, from a AoS kit or something.
For your original idea, From what i remember of the kit for the chaos lord it would be difficult. You will just have to swap out the head, and you can probably snip either the staff hand or the axe one to mend his sword on there and call it done. You'll have most of the old abandon kit there though. I thunk it's be easier to take a head, and I think ones in the lord kit and sculpt a too knot. Then look for a spare sword that looks similar to abandons.

I meant wouldn't be difficult. abby doesn't look much different from any other chaos lord termie anyways.

Thank you and how did you achieve That Base color I really like it

Ty :D

Can you post another image when you've painted the spear? I feel like its distracting from the marbling right now.

Well the white balance is off in this photo so it's less yellow in reality. But it's Vallejo model colour skin tone with some white and some sick green. Then almost all of it has at least a little red glaze, I used some really old citadel red ink thinned down.

Lopsided arms would be cool; one atrophied, the other (weapon) arm ginormous, long enough to drag knuckles

Seconding this, like the L4D2 Charger

Thirds for this. Maybe make one arm small and curled to the chest, Stephen Hawking style, and the other dragging behind or lugging it heavily

made some bases for my ironjawz SC box.

What do you think? I´ve thought to maybe add some brown grasstufts. Or would that be too much?

do you just superglue them on top of this?

For the more fragile models, add a pin as well to make sure they stay put.

>round

I am at a loss for a driver. None of my undead models have the allowance to be made sitting

Heresy and Hasslefree are the epitome of good independent miniature makers.
Long may they avoid succumbing to their various crippling chronic illnesses.

You couldn't sit on that anyway - you'd be launched off the seat.
Anything that can get halfway to seated should suffice, then you can pose it as if bracing against the footboard.

Have the driver standing on top, like a surfer

Yes pretty much
>one word meme responses :^)

I finally got it, thank you so much user!
Loved it!

I'm imagining khorne warriors singing joy to the world at the top of their lungs while a bunch of terrified people cower in front of them
WHERE IS YOUR CHRISTMAS SPIRIT ASININE MORTAL?

... and here I was thinking we were just about done with Secret Santa, so I removed the links for the unboxings and poll in the OP. D'oh!

>WIP Secret Santa unboxings
imgur.com/a/qS7PH

>WIP Secret Santa Poll:
strawpoll.me/14692516

Thank you again for making all of this possible, santanon!

Welp, I got grinched...

did the post office punch the box?

Wouldn't surprise me

Has anyone tried putting any sort of shield on side side of deredeo lascannons? Been thinking about Crusader hurricane bolter shields.

Any suggestions for a DKoK color scheme? Thinking either blue, green, or black for the primary color.

i've been painting french ww1 uniforms

here's the rank and file

What ork is that, a warboss?

Any tips and advice for someone who is new to Green stuff? Well actually it's brown stuff, is there a difference between the two?

I wanna give my biker warboss a sick pompudour.

I've been leaning towards blue because I feel like the darker colors will make them look like muddy shit on the tabletop. I like the French uniforms and was thinking of something like this for Grenadiers. Still there is something sexy about the green with red trim German uniforms.

different sculpting materials tend to have different working times and hardness, I believe brownstuff is a little stiffer and as such holds a sharp edge better than greenstuff would.

thats grukk, who doesn't have rules right now so he's been demoted to a regular warboss

not even gonna lie, I was browsing for dkok color schemes and I saw the red pants and regret not painting them, make them really 1914 WW1 France, but oh well.

I think green/dark-green outside trench coat, red insides or pants would work pretty well, use some neutral khaki beige and whites for officer class and it'll look real good

Oh, cool!

I think the red inside of the coat is a good idea, looks cool.

Yes yes YEESSSSS this is perfect! I think I have a giant arm sitting around too

Me too. You're not alone. :P

Guys, make sure you contact Santanon with your information. He's the only one who knows who got whom for gifting, so he would know who was *supposed* to get you a gift.

Guys, do you know of anywhere I can buy a Johnny Marine?

>Guys, do you know of anywhere I can buy a Johnny Marine?

I haven't done a thorough search of eBay for a while, but they're pretty easy to spot when they do come up, now that eBay requires all listings to have at least one picture. This is the search string I normally use:

(oop,"rouge trader","rogue trader",metal,vintage) ("space marines","space marine","blood angels","blood angel","space mariens","blood angles") -chaos -epic -atax -kenner -ccg -maelstrom -cryomek -grendel -void -vasa -dirtside

I run it against the US and the UK (have one search saved for each, since eBay won't let you select multiple countries), and every once in a while against Germany, Australia, and Canada.

If there are any Oldhammer Facebook groups you are a part of, you might try them, too. I bought two Johnnies through Facebook in the last couple of months (gave one to my Secret Santa recipient), and saw another one there about three days ago that I was just too lazy to chase after.

Finally, there's always Bartertown, but I can't imagine anybody there that has a Johnny would be willing to let him go.

I'd get those inquisitorial storm troopers with melta, plasma and GL user, lucky you.

use a flying bat and have the reins in its mouth

Anyone know of a good place to get "electrical discharge" or electrical arc type bits? Want them for a wierdboy conversion

I have yet to see any bats worth using

Can't you use wire or something?

a floating ghost or something then??

you could use a poxwalker arm for instance, or a feet for the atrophied one

An user posted some converted Primaris Aggressors about a week ago. They were using standard arms instead of the wacky gun fists and were altogether more menacing.

They looked kind of like IW

I wonder what they'd look like with Inceptor bolters as their guns.