If you were to base a pokémon on a creature from Dungeons & Dragons, which would it be? Including typing(s)...

If you were to base a pokémon on a creature from Dungeons & Dragons, which would it be? Including typing(s), if you're familiar.

For me, it'd probably have to be the bulette as a Ground / Normal type. Maybe with an ability to execute Dig in a single turn?

Other urls found in this thread:

pokemontabletop.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stirges would make a great bug/dark type being nondescript blood sucking bird-bat things. It would learn all of the blood draining moves like absorb and leech life.

Rust monster

Bug/Ground
Has an ability that negates Steel-type moves and lowers the attacker's Atk

>Maybe with an ability to execute Dig in a single turn?
That's pointless when Dig isn't even that strong; just give it Drill Run or something

Also, evolves into a Bug/Dragon type if levelled up in the right area

Ground makes perfect sense, but why Normal?

adding normal to a typing is the stupidest meme I've ever seen perpetuated

It's obviously just a ground type or a ground/steel type

>When you find out Cinnamon Dragons and Salt Drakes are also a thing

What's wrong with normal types? Having great coverage isn't anything to sneeze at.

there's nothing wrong with normal types, but adding normal to any typing besides flying is just obnoxious. Something isn't "normal" if its already got an exceptional typing, or every pokemon would be part normal.

I know there are a handful of pokemon that do this, but its a gimmick for weird mons. There's no reason for something like Bulette to be normal.

I'd go for an Allip. Make it a Ghost or Dark/Ghost with an ability where it has a chance to inflict confusion when hit with a special attack. Probably low Special Defense though to make up for it.

Beholder line.

Starts off as a not-mike wozoski (butchered that name) and becomes a not-beholder at the end.

Psychic-dark pseudo-legandary line. With pretty much the same statline as hydreigon.

Give it a version of that "mega launcher" ability but for beam attacks and I'm sold.

Here is an example of what I've done for my Pokemon campaign(s).

Followed animal companion rules and kind of divided pokemon into multiple types, like how D&D does Magical Beasts vs. Animal. I divided pokemon into Humanoid, Monster, Animal, Plant, Ooze, Aberration, and Construct off of their "Egg Group." Then made a base-line stat block at size Medium, adjusted for size and special attack/defense. Voila: a stat block.

have you looked Pokemon Tabletop United

PTU 1.05 or PTU 2.0 are both free.

That's actually pretty nifty, might have to adapt a few that way myself.

>pic related

isn't PTA DnD based while PTU is it's own thing????
so you can look PTA for pokeman to put in DnD????

I made this and many other stat blocks back in 2009. I've been updating them ever since. Never heard of PTU or PTA as I never had a need to look for them.

Glad it inspired you. Here's an Abra. If anyone else is interested in any more stat blocks, I've got a lot of Gens 1-3 and smatterings of others.

A gelatinous cube like pokemon as a Poison single-type would be pretty cool. Give it an ability that deals damage against contact moves, with high special defense, and it'd probably be the first Poison type I've ever used.

pokemontabletop.com/