Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Muh year of xenos edition

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/26/new-codexes-factions-our-heroes-and-more-breaking-news-from-the-las-vegas-opengw-homepage-post-1/

>Daily Video
[YouTube] Teaser: The Shadow Queen (embed)

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

old warp

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14930488
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Catachan!

Thank god there are no sad snake ladies in 40k

CUTE!

Why did they even bother to re color the Tau cover art while doing fuck all for every one else

re-askin in new thread for more recommendations

I can't decide betwen 40k and AoS
what do bros.
I am mostly interested in something from Order in AoS or Eldar/Deldar factions in 40k.
Any recommendations?
When are Drukhari or Harlequins getting released?
Don't meme me pls
no Stormcasts/Marines pls

SoS are cute ! CUTE !

Fulgrim?

I'm thinking about small Space Wolves army. Is start collecting box and Primarines Dark Imperium half a good way to run 1000pts?
I swear to Emperor I will cut off all furry bits and use only bone and skull ones - I want to run them with viking vibes, not as furries

Does anyone have the name of that space marine captain with a fuckhuge parchment being rolled in front of him ?

I'm glad the dark Mechanius conversions I'm making while have an undoubtably OP model to count as

>all Sorcs will swap useless reroll invu aura to reroll 1s

Pretty amazing, actually. Now you can have one sorc sit with preds, another with Skyfires to give them 2+ rerolling 1s together with Shaman and final one buff assault units and Tzaangors.

Also, Scarab Occult with Death Hex might be marginally less shit against certain armies.

Because Vior'la is the poster boy tau scheme right now.

Someone else said it well, that Tau are the only White/Red dominated codex art as Custards would look ochre

Updated Catachanian plastic squad when?

Say, where'd ya get that info from?

>Space Wolves
>run them not as furries
you are doing it wrong
Also after reading stuff with space wolves i am disgusted by them and i LIKE furshit.
All the time they talk about their musk and gay shit like that
ew

>Drukhari codex
ITS TIME

What are the mounted ones going to be riding?

Some dude on dakka. His leaks were accurate so far.

You might wanna look into 30k bits then, they have a lot of solid stuff that you might wanna use.

With the new DoK release in AoS I think you should be fine to kitbash an army with universal core and swappable detachments.
I mean most of your army should be based on magnetized models so you can run them in AoS as witch aelves thank to no futuristic shit but also with gun-arms for 40k. Slap a nice dark green scheme on them and be creative

>40k and AoS
40k has a much larger playerbase. Unless you have a strong preference for a fantasy game I'd strongly recommend 40k on that alone.

>40k or AoS ?
40k. AoS is the retarded sequel of a now dead game.
>Eldar/Deldar
They can be very interesting armies to play, in the glass cannon category. Deldars can be extremely challenging to fight against because of their really cost-effective flyers. Dark Lances are extremely powerful weapons. I'd recommend you avoid Haemonculus Coven units though. They're tanky, but not really good at dealing damage.
>When are Drukhari or Harlequins getting released ?
Drukharis will get their 8thed codex soon. Check the Warhammer Community website. Harlequins haven't been announced yet.

If you're struggling with choosing between AoS and 40k, you're probably an enormous faggot and should pick AoS so we don't have to deal with you

Not really, Wolf cav isn't very good atm which is the majority of the box cost, also don't see much point to SW without Wulfen.

why that heavy stubber have an ammo box instead of being fed from a mechanism inside the knight

Harlequins have like 7 models but playing them is fun as heck. No release confirmd yet.
Deldar are fast and fun too, their release is confirmed soon.
AoS has smaller crowd so check your LGS if anyone actually plays that.
I'd rather a unique flyer like banana helis used in vietnam. It feels weird to use valkyries although they can look great with side miniguns.
>that duel
Wish my LGS wasn't full of faggots, they'd warptime a single cultist to get the odds higher for themselves.

Their companions back
Nah, I'm ready to stick with 40k start collecting box and do some knife-job. I'm just not sure if ST box + Dark Imperium would be a good mix to run a 1000pts that will be not auto-tabled

Not a stubber, its some admech gun with a weird name

strawpoll.me/14930488
Preview opinions

Best of luck with that then, hope you get good results.

>ask in 40k general
>somehow expects fucktards to spam him with play 40k lawl smegmar shit

DoK has nice sneks so it's a bonus... but i have no idea how to magnetize and shit, last time i played warhammer it was fantasy 16 years ago.
rude

>knightlet a CUTE is winning
Good, we still have taste

Reminds me of those rogue trader “Dreadnoughts”. That look something like an Eldar war walker.

With that white dwarf highlight on the community page about "The Grand Warlord Returns" earlier this month i really had hopes of an upcoming Ork codex. Clearly that was far fetched optimism. FLM

What is common consensus on faction power tiers?

God tier: ?
Good tier: ?
Bad tier: ?
Crap tier: ?

Xenos are NPCs

Got this today.

What am I in for?

Master of the Rites?

>i have no idea how to magnetize and shit
You will learn then. Warhammer is 95% of hobby, modeling and painting and 5% of playing games.
I'm playing both 40k and AoS and I recommend you to do some research about 40k and AoS community in your area. Personally, I prefer to play AoS because my playgroup is cool as fuck but on the other hand GW's AoS releases politic is so fuckin retarded I can't even describe it

Wrong thread, that's what.
Also those models look nice

Being in the wrong thread, to start with

looks to admech.

>non player characters
>people play them

This is the 4th time I see you posting about Ogres here, and even though I get a chuckle out of it I don't fully get it

God tier: my dudes
Crap tier: your dudes

>people play them
>xenos players
>people
user...

Bait, but ...
You've got proxies for Snakebite Klan Orks and squigs.

>Play against chaos
>His daemon prince gets a 1st turn charge against my Hive tyrant and eats it with the help of some random chaff firing in his general direction.
>The Tyrant at least roll a 6 and explodes for a single mortal wound
>Lament as my warlord, with relic, a 190 point beast and a good chunk of my battleplan just exploded into dust
>On my turn I take my Neurothrope and smite the daemon.
>roll 11
>Deal 6 mortal wounds
>Psychich Scream
>3 mortal wounds

>tfw a floating brain mindraped a prince of chaos

I had fun games tonight.

So is there any reason at all to use the default Eggo dread in the Banana Guard codex?
I mean, you're not going to be clearing out hordes with it or anything
You could take Celestine for roughly the same cost and get more out of her

What are you working on 40kg?
I got my big boy hive ship done and I'm ready to paint & play some BFG

>God Tier
Guard and Nids, honorable mention for Codex: Guilliman.
>Good
CWE, CSM(certain legions), Admech
>Crap
Everything else
>”Neck yourself, my dude.”Tier
Grey Knights

Has anyone had any success using Fortifications in 8th edition so far? They seem WAY overcosted for the most part.

The Aegis Defense Line seems, in particular, like a very bad choice. It doesn't do anything positive beyond being an extra piece of cover-granting scenery you can place. Several factions have rules which negate cover in the first place, and I think worst of all, it shortens the distance needed to charge you. One needs to be within 1" of the line to get cover, and a charge against a unit behind it is successful if the charging unit can get to within 2" of the unit (instead of 1"). This means that a unit arriving from deep strike needs to roll an 8 instead of a 9 on their charge dice. It's worse if the unit has some kind of buff to their movement, such as Adrenal Glands or Daemonic Instruments, shortening the roll from an 8 to a 7- just below 50% to just above. It feels like a huge flavor fail when being behind a wall makes one EASIER to charge.

t. marine brainlet

CWE are top tier though.

Reaper Spam is real.

>The store I ordered custodes from is not replying to my mails
>It's about week with no contact for now

An eve more melee melee knight? With a super duper multi melta, a possibly upgraded phosphor blaster and the thickest chainsword I've ever seen? Sounds lovely. Looks like an oldschool dread, too.

I'll soon be the proud owner of 5 bananas and 10 soulless waifus.
There are too many options on how to assemble them, I'm going to spend way too much time autistically thinking of all the possibilities.
Thanks, GW.

They got you, sonny. They got you this time.

>god tier
Mono nids, eldar soup, imperium soup, chaos soup
>good tier
Most everything else
>bad tier
Admech - cawl
Necrons
>Dumpster fire tier
Deathwatch
Grey Knights

God: Imperial and Chaos soup
Very Good: IG, Nids
Good: Eldar, SM, CSM, DG, SoB
Decent: BA, DA, Daemons, DE
Monobuild: Tau, Orks
Eh: Admech, Necrons
Meme army: GK, Deathwatch, Ynnari
???: Harlequins, GSC, SW

Or so I hear

Based on ITC its something roughly like:
1. Chaos Soup, Imperial Soup, Guillimarines, Tyranids.
2. Craftworld Eldar, Greentide Orks, Sisters, Death Guard.
3. Everyone not named.
4. Deathwatch, Necrons, non-factions like Inquisition and SoS.

>put CSM loudhailer on the head
>defiler claws on arms
>mount gun on top

Things shall get loud.

The big knight carapace heavy stubber have ammo boxes too

>widowmaker DE

my dick

gb2hh

for Codex Factions-

God Tier: Astra Miliarum, Tyranids
Good Tier: Eldar, CSM, SM (and their Palette-Swap variants), Death Guard, Daemons
Bad Tier: AdMech
Worst Tier: Grey Knights

I don't know much about the Banana Boys, but From what I've seen, they look decent at least.

Now that's some instant karma

>God the proportions on that Marine look shit after Intercessors.

What causes a man to form such stupid opinions?

Swords or Guns for the girls, flamers are shit
Spears have better strats than swords, but if you want to end up with the max 10 size unit, I'd put at least a couple shields in there to soak up wounds with the 3++

That's some cool art

I was the one that posted asking about power tier but I really wanted people to tell me that admech was good tier, so are they or "are they"?

>tfw the store I ordered Custodes from sent me an email today that the order has been dispatched

>literally [autistic screeching] so hard you banish a fucking daemon ascended mortal
Kek.

Mostly correct, though I'd say that mixed forgeworld Ad-mech would be decent rather than eh.

Harlequins, GSC and SW are basically Expansion Packs for existing armies which blow away like dust in the wind on their own.

Me too, sadly it's just manlet terminators and mr giant cape. Gonna have to wait till next week for the good new custards.

DE...
Fulgrim...

I'm guessing 250 ish points T7 W12?

They're a bit like tyranids in previous editions: there are some very specific builds that are kind of bullshit to face, but outside those the army is pretty weak.

My hive guard would cream themselves desu

I like it but I hope this isn't the start of Knights going the GK route. They don't to be a fully fledged faction we have guard and Ad-mech already

Aside from Agripinaa Admech without cawl is fairly good, just need to play to their strengths rather than try to gunline/deathball

Are daemon princes "in on the joke" so to speak? Unkillable, multiversal, above the mortal chaff who spend ten thousand years toiling and are still just a marked mortal?

>What are the mounted ones going to be riding?

Judging by:
>I will cut off all furry bits and use only bone and skull ones

I'm guessing skeleton wolves.

Necrovikings.

Yeah but the gun on the babby knightlet is not a stubber, look at the barrel
Now look at the AdMech beepboops. Same gun. Which one, I'm not sure if it's an "incendine combustor" or a "phosphor blaster"

I love my chaos terminators but I'm terrible at using them.
I always deep strike them with a terminator lord, terminators all go combiplasma+power axe. Lord has a combimelta and power axe.
I supercharge the terminators and then charge with them at whatever I want.
Am I doing it wrong or are they just not so good/my targets aren't good enough?

Ok that is a rather nice crossover

Custodes Termies best Termies

Thing is I don't want to bullshit people, but I do want to win sometimes, and I already like the models, and I don't mean to be autistic but if I'm spending that kind of cash and all those hours building and painting then I don't want to turn up just to get body slammed twice a Saturday

THICCboy reigns supreme

>Meh year of xenos edition

White Custodes best Custodes

Primaris aren't a good idea for space wolves. All their units are specialized at cost of versatility and will be better with the codex. Intercessors are basically a downgrade to what wolves offer unless you want to run them as objective holders and only that.

Yes, they're as immortal as any daemon.
Thats the point of becoming a daemon prince.

So that if the magazine explodes it does so OUTSIDE not inside
also probably laziness
I guess it's also probably easier for the support crew to reload it as well but I doubt they were thinking of that when it was sculpted

Phosphor blaster. It's probably like that so a tech priest can swap its weapons easily. The Armager in the YouTube video has a carapace melta-gun instead.

Quads of sadness. I've got the termies and codex on the way
Gonna have to wait until a bit later on before I can get me some Wardens and bikes because money

Everyone misheard, it's the "year of xe-in-AOS" with morathi's new faction.