/dcg/ dropzone/dropfleet commander general

News of a return, and reveal of the remnant.

/dcg/ dropzone/dropfleet commander general

>DZC rules, units, errata, etc
mediafire.com/folder/3e69ovwksc27r/DZC#3e69ovwksc27r

>DZC Phase 2 Rules and Scenarios
mediafire.com/file/9o0mghzvf3gsnzg/Phase2-rulesScenarios.pdf
>DZC Phase 2 Units
mediafire.com/download/hjxrk1f2i0fv283/Phase2_units.pdf
>DZC Phase 2 Fluff
mediafire.com/download/novaydro2mxo074/Phase2-fluff.pdf

>free DZC army builders
dzc-ffor.com/
solomonder.com/scoldzap/

>DFC Rules and Scenarios
mediafire.com/file/li17bl14bute5ee/DFC_RulesScenarios.pdf
>DFC Units
mediafire.com/file/oa35v9pq7gfe1fs/DFC_Units.pdf
>DFC Fluff
mediafire.com/file/oysd2f64iytbd69/DFC_Fluff.pdf

>free DFC fleet builder
dflist.com/

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

So, TTcombat's site is up. They're selling Kickstarter exclusive models, and this centurion with experimental rules, linked here
cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0965/1274/files/Centurion_Class_Cruiser.pdf?7465248998669695855

Other urls found in this thread:

ttcombat.com/collections/dropzone-commander/products/lieutenant-colonel-james-rodriguez-pre-order
strawpoll.me/14947358
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dropfleet is one of my favorite games, that the models come prepainted is just the cherry on top.

>starting right back with classic memes
I missed you boys. Good to be home.

>that the models come prepainted is just the cherry on top
is this the master bait that we have heard so much about?

But no seriously that cruiser is fucking good, especially for PHR

I didn’t buy one sadly but I did get the 2-up Ajax I missed out on the first time around

It shall be an excellent distraction carnifex in game, if I ever get to play

I'm a bit nervous about them listing it as a convention only model. Feels a bit wonky to have something that seems to have different stats and actually viable only be available at certain times of the year.

Of course TTcombat would get production and distribution up and running after the GBP recovered from the Brexit crash.
Calculating these prices at a 40% spike instead of 20% is killing my plan to order today and I haven’t even looked at the shipping costs yet.

Today I saw the most beautiful ship on Veeky Forums

That's literally a dildo, who the fuck approved of this shitty model

Shipping was a flat 5 pounds for my order to WA, USA. Actually way more reasonable than the old hawk web store

You shut your whore mouth, the turret to ship ratio is perfect and sexy.

That's not a dildo ship.
Now THIS is a dildo ship!

Yeah breaking the tradition of being alternate sculpts for existing units is a bit odd and doing so for a new unit that can be taken in any regular UCM or PHR fleet is doubly so.

That being said it’s a rare choice that basically gets to use its turret once and then dies horribly because lol bloom on a heavy railgun

At least for PHR it’s pretty easily proxyable with a hector that replaces its double burnthrough with a UCM heavy turret

I like even more than the ship is that they’re straight up implying multiple space resistance factions with the fluff piece with the centurion.

Vega fleet survivor fleet when

Same for AK here. As much as I hate to break my “no more minis until my shit is painted” moratorium, the siren call of limited edition minis is enough to open my wallet this once.
I’m still left hoping TT does an effective job of building Drop___ Commander back up after they canned Dave’s support team, though. 2.0 is a make or break release.

The fuck is the remnant? Resistance in dropfleet?

Pretty much, old EAA ships that join either the PHR or the UCM.

Anything new ever again?

I adore that ship and the blend of UCM and PHR designs. Would be surprised to see the rules stay intact though, seems like a lot when the only downsides are it's slow and has bloom. A hint that monitors will have 2+ armor as well in the ship description too.

On the basis of nothing I'd gamble on this being the promotional shiny new thing for the re-release of Hawk stuff and the model being a part of a larger release of Remnant ships later on.

Also yeah I figured I wasn't going to get it now because shipping would be too much to justify but only ~$7 to the US is fine by me.

Wait... is this actually going to be a supported drop fleet faction? I have so many questions.

2.0 for DZC soonish, then supposedly another race someday.
Dave gets to focus on writing & sculpting now that he doesn't have to run a business

now space resistance is a thing

decked for her pleasure

>Kickstarter exclusives are not only on sale but cheaper than the regular variants

Awwwww yiisssssss

This game looks so cool and when 2.0 comes out I'm gonna get into it. Only downside is it seems like nobody plays it.

Looks like a subfaction that you play with UCM or PHR.

>someone other than me made the OP for once
Thanks for bringing the thread back from oblivion, user.

On the subject of the Centurion, it's an absolute gorgeous model, reminds of some properly retro ships, or what you'd imagine the sprites in MoO2 to actually look like. It's also got design elements of both the UCM and PHR, and looks like a fantastic ancestor model.

What I don't understand though, is how in the hell Dave approved that overpowered ruleset.

>only somewhat more expensive than regular cruisers
>heavy cruiser hull
>2+ fucking armor
>a battleship-tier turret
>it has bloom, but that's not a problem since it's even tankier than the PHR
>otherwise has half the broadsides of the Orion
>because of this, has the firepower to chew through tougher ships, as well as weight of fire to bring down frigates and anything in atmo
>only weakness is PD, but both UCM and PHR can easily mitigate that with Jakartas or Calypso's respectively. Either more PD outright, or make CAW less likely to crit and get through the armor.
It's literally better than any other heavy cruiser and costs 40 points less.

The fact that it's a proper unit on its own, and not an alt-sculpt, and also a limited model throws up red flags.
At the very least I hope this isn't a predecessor to Resistance In Space, and instead just remains an auxiliary thing for the UCM/PHR.
On that note, it would be cool to see auxiliary/side fleets for the races. UCM/PHR gets the remnants, Shaltari maybe get ships from their auxiliary races (if they produce any); what would the Scourge get? Captured fleets from previous conquests, if any survive?

Oh I Like that.
Are there more space ships planed for them? Will we get a space Galactica faction going there?

IT'S HERE!

>what would the Scourge get?
Infested space whales.

So does anyone know if I already placed an order if I can add to it, I'm getting a lot of items that will probably have to be made to order...I definitely didn't get one of each of the 2-up models...

>2+ fucking armor
This is what really gets me, ‘Terminator Armor’ negative gameplay effect aside. How does literally historical artifact hull armor end up being borderline impervious to direct hits from weapons of DFC’s scale; and and how did the EAA install it on a ship that could still cruise at the same speed and maneuverability as a PHR ship of the line?

Moved the energy used by the PD to the engines? Maybe they're using some special expensive tech that the PHR/UCM can't or won't make use of?

Sexy new scourge BC is already sold out! Any idea how long I might be waiting?

I'd guess that the ships follow the precedent set by EAA ground vehicles, being hideously overdesigned with absurd redundant systems, whereas UCM focuses on cheap and quick to build.

*hrrhm* gentlemen!

>Length: 80mm
Ant detected.

Lore reason is that after every battle you need to pay a buttload to replace it. UCM/PHR probably just figure it's better to use that money on two ships.

Non lore reason is probably to see if they can give the beta players a seizure.

>Non lore reason is probably to see if they can give the beta players a seizure.
Not a beta player, but I'm certainly having a seizure regardless

>2+ armor
>exclusive units
>resistance in space
>apparently Titan-sized ground units, according to Hawkanon

All those sound fucking awesome. Give me my fucking resistance in space.

just fuck my setting up fampai

It's Dave's setting to do as he wishes with though so...

>2+ armor
I mean, it's out of convention, but there is 6+ armor on the Nickar, so it's not too bad. I'd still prefer if it was exclusive to monitors, or to the UCM/PHR dreadnoughts.

>exclusive units
No, this is fucking terrible. Even if they're not tourney legal, having a model with unique rules be exclusive is pure fuckery.

>resistance in space
Dave was VERY adamant that Resistance in Space would never be a thing in any meaningful sense; the fact that he's acquiesced to allow for non-trivial amounts of EAA ships to survive for 200 years is absolutely mind-boggling.
Nevermind the fact that the EAA fleet was supposedly completely destroyed in the opening hours of the invasion, how in the hell does a warship produce the infrastructure needed, from scratch, to fuel and maintain itself for 200 years?
Does it have fucking hydroponics bays?
Does it have internal manufacturing capable of fabricating components to repair its fusion reactors, or its building sized guns?
Did its crew happen to find a suitable world to build a shithole colony on and rush the tech tree to keep their ship in working order?
Even just a handful of these ships surviving would be an absolute miracle.

>Titan-sized units
user, we've already got gunships and scorpion mechs as big as city blocks, you can't go even bigger without becoming 40k.

Which is exactly why this whole thing is throwing red flags up for me everywhere. D*C isn't a hard universe by any stretch, but Dave took his setting seriously; setting up the preamble to a resistance in space reeks of fuckery.

Let me save you the time here.

It reeks of what? TTCombat fuckery? If dave wants fucking space resistance let him try it. If the dude wants big fucking minis on the table let him.

Dave has done pretty damn well so far. I'll wait and see what the future holds. If any of the new stuff goes by his old stuff I have his back.

>It reeks of what? TTCombat fuckery?
Yes!

>If dave wants fucking space resistance let him try it. If the dude wants big fucking minis on the table let him.
You're assuming that Dave still has total creative control; I'm not saying it's impossible that he decided to try these things out, but from what he's said in the past regarding these topics, it's caught me blindsided as to why he's suddenly pulling a 180.

>Dave has done pretty damn well so far. I'll wait and see what the future holds. If any of the new stuff goes by his old stuff I have his back.
Yes, and he's done pretty well by not doing stuff like this, which is where my concern comes from. If one of the good points of DZC was that it wasn't about bigger and bigger and bigger units, why would sudden confirmation of even bigger units be a good thing?
I have goodwill for Dave, even if Hawk as it was pretty much is kill, but these things are too contradictory to his past positions to not make me worried.

Exclusive units is a shit move regardless. It might be somewhat mitigated if they're not tourney legal, but there's a push by some within TT to rebalance famous commanders to be tourney legal, so that doesn't really make much sense either.

Honestly I agree on the exclusives. The kickstarter tears on FB made me laugh. Why? Exclusives are a soft but blatant example of gatekeeping.

Lastly and honestly I'm biased. I don't hold "attachments" like some do to some things and I'm a firm believer in the rule of cool. Honestly though space resistance in the form say the cabal, the remnant, or a "scrap fleet" doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I will agree to the disagree.

>Honestly I agree on the exclusives. The kickstarter tears on FB made me laugh. Why? Exclusives are a soft but blatant example of gatekeeping.
Honestly, I don't really mind the kickstarter exclusives as much, since they were just alt-models. They weren't unique units.
It's not really "gatekeeping" in that case, but it is in this case, because it's stupid to have an actually functional part of the game (overpowered or not) locked behind not being in the right place at the right time.

As for the rule of cool, I kind of agree, but a major factor of DZC/DFC's coolness was how hard it stayed to "fucking awesome future combined arms, without going stupid about it". You still had your massive tanks and city-block blasting walkers and giant enemy crabs, but they were all something you could reasonably see going down a city street, not something that takes out city blocks every time it takes a step. It was a nice middle ground between realistic and restrained sci-fi, and the utter insanity of 40k and other similar settings.

Wait. How large are grand walkers going to be? They should be like largest models should they not?

From what Hawkanon said before these threads died, "Titan Sized".
If he meant Warhounds, that's only 50 feet tall; bigger, but not much bigger than already existing warstriders for example.
If he meant Warlords, that's 100 feet tall. That's absolutely gigantic, and taller than every building except on custom boards.
If he meant Emperors, that's 300+ feet tall. That's patently ridiculous for obvious reasons.

I'm willing to say that they're going to be Warhound sized, at best, but the Hades is already 80 feet long in real scale; if we assume no more than 50% larger (120 feet long), that's 1/6th of an average game board.

>could only get one of the PHR battlecruisers, the other was out of stock already

Dammit, I wanted both. I guess I can magnetize my one with leftover cruiser parts. At least shipping is dirt cheap.

>trying to talk a friend into joining the game so I show him my ships
>"Dude that battle damage is sick."
>Look at ships
>They all came loose in the box and had their paint torn up from bouncing around.
>For some insane reason looks intentional

Yay?

Poor banana republic, I promise I'll get you guys some foam soon ;_;

>Got Avalon, Atlantis, Basilisk, Leonidas, and Adamant during KS
>always regretted not getting the Manticore, Scipio, and Saphire
>just got 3 of the KS cruisers to make up for that
My collection autism will not be sated.

Rules aside, the Centurion model is absolute gorgeous and I'm debating as to whether I should just get 2 for a full squadron, or 4 to max out Rare.

Dry brush those fruits anons, and it would actually look pretty damn good. Give the wounds some wash too.

How reasonable is it to put models in a rock tumbler for a few minutes to get wear and tear?

Its probably because it had a cost and upkeep of two modern battleships. Cool toy but not something you want to have when youve got actual wars to win.

>user, we've already got gunships and scorpion mechs as big as city blocks, you can't go even bigger without becoming 40

Are you saying that in lore or in game sense? I am fairly certain PHR was stated in DFC book to have giant mechs that dwarf the currently availible minis.

They actually are, my phone just sucks. In daylight you can see some subtle light yellow highlights on all the curves.

Hadn't thought about washes, I was going to do scorch marks with Tamiya weathering powders, I think that will look good. Since the ships are supposed to be made if some weird plastic in lore I think the grey showing through actually looks pretty good to get the effect across

>Are you saying that in lore or in game sense?
In a game sense; from what I'm aware of, Dave isn't going to be making mobile fortress that take up four city blocks into actual units.

>They actually are, my phone just sucks. In daylight you can see some subtle light yellow highlights on all the curves.
I meant on the battle scratches, to help the edges and tears of those pop a bit more.

>no Hawk Wargames logo
So what happened to that "they'll be a subsidiary" thing.
>tfw Hawk is truly kill ;_;

Centurion is wildly OP. I dont mind old ships or even small in fluff Galactica type fugitive fleets. UCM North Korea is fine too except for name.
Dave had this modelled though, its got his hallmarks.

God damn, with how fast people are buying up these damn exclusives, myself included, they're probably going to wanna keep them around!

On a different note, I'm kinda surprised that the 2-ups are both £50...

Holy crap, why did no one say there was new DZC stuff on TT? Gonna post pics for you lazy Peasants.

Can't wait till we get the generic unit version of this and can have a hunting pack of mechs for Resistance.

I hope resistance in space becomes a thing. The lack of it is keeping me out of Dropfleet.

I can't take this model seriously, it just looks so silly.

>dat broadside
BFG's back, baby!

2.0 FUCKING WHEN?

Behold, the might of the PHR DoomSleigh!

I wanna make some sweet example fleets to try to get people into DFC. Trying to avoid strike carriers in display games. Any suggestions/alterations to what I thought up (I'm worried the scourge are a bit weak)?

UCM (1133 pt):
Battleship New York
Moscow
2x Berlin
2x San Francisco
4 Toulons
2 Jakarta
2 Lima

Scourge (1119 pts):
Akuma
Raiju
Wyvern
Hydra
Chimera
4x Djinn
4x Harpy
2x Gargoyle (I know I said no SC, but Chimera is shiiiiit)

PHR/Shaltari:
No idea.

Mind if I ask why you're avoiding strike carriers? Seems like an important part of the game to just ignore. Plus, they give more reason for fighting to develop over certain areas.

The paint job certainly doesn't help!

1. They're not particularly well balanced yet.
2. The last few times I played an example game people found them too hard to deal with once they drop to atmo. New players either ignore them (and lose), or fire onto them through atmo (and lose their fleet, winning the game but getting bored), or I include SCs and corvettes, and people quickly work out that every other ship is functionally irrelevant.

Remember, these are example games designed to be fun, and these lists have troopships to introduce the ground landing concept without getting all wonkey.

Raiju is alright but nothing amazing. Maybe downgrade it to an Ifrit and then rather than Wyvern do 2x Yokai or Strix?

For PHR show off that high broadside firepower and assault troopships. This list would get you good broadsides, burnthrough, and a few fighters on the side.

Agamemnon
2 Calypso

Orion
2 Europa

2 Ikarus
Ganymede

3 Pandora
Orpheus

All in all well rounded, fun, and about as many points as the other two you posted.

I thought I might get something out of it with silent running + flash, lighting up an enemy ship to be smashed by the fleet as they advance. Might take your advice, so long as it doesn't end with scourge getting stomped by bombers.

Well, at least it isn't pulled by wolves.

I often forget that 40k is metal as fuck
>viking scifi posthuman supersoldier with a spacemagic axe on a floating sled pulled by dire wolves

Not really a fan of this one. Was hoping for more of a Jaeger.

This one kicks ass

Where the fuck is Idris Elba?

Here
ttcombat.com/collections/dropzone-commander/products/lieutenant-colonel-james-rodriguez-pre-order

It's been a few months since DFC released, have all you anons finished your starter fleets? What about 'zone armies?

Can I see pictures? All my stuff's in storage and I need to live vicariously through you.

Yea I saw that one, I want a painted version.

This is just a tease, its like baiting to the spice channel. You are seeing some nips, but its all fuzz.

yo I thought pre-war human ships were supposed to be dogshit; why is this relic so OP compared to modern cruisers?

They're supposed to be dogshit for the price they're constructed at, with the general idea being that the EAA purposefully did defense contracts for overengineered, oversized, massively redundant projects to keep that sweet, sweet MIC dosh flowing.

Naturally, the results in thinks like the Alexander tank and such, and now this cruiser.
It's basically the principle of "if you make the armor thick enough, it'll be better than fancy composites, but it'll be super expensive"
Likewise, the fact that this is called a "Cruiser" implies that EAA ships were massively oversized compared to modern UCM ships and the like, but were prohibitively expensive.

Of course, this doesn't excuse how disgustingly unbalanced the Centurion is in game terms; if they had made it something like 160 points or more, and basically made it a heavy cruiser in all but size and tonnage, it'd be more acceptable.

Which is a shame, because the model is absolutely gorgeous.

The main turret averages 1 more damage done against 3+ than the heavy mass drivers on the Rio or Osaka and the broadsides are nothing to write home about, all in exchange for fucking bloom of all things.

It’s damage output is still plainly worse than a Berlin or new Cairo

The 2+ save is neat but nearly 1/3rd of hits in this game are crits as any PHR player will tell you

As far as fluff goes it seems exactly as stupidly overengineered and armored as the pre war tanks used by the resistance

>The main turret averages 1 more damage done against 3+ than the heavy mass drivers
It's a battleship gun, it's equivalent in output the the 3x 6400s, to the Phalanx, to the Cannonades.
>and the broadsides are nothing to write home about
The broadsides are enough to pop any frigate short of the PHR's, since they're literally half a of a light broadside, except always at 4+ lock. They're actually equivalent in damage output to a normal 2x 6400 bank
>It’s damage output is still plainly worse than a Berlin or new Cairo
But that's wrong; the cobra is only slightly better than the Centurion gun against 2+ and 3+ targets (and by slightly, I mean less than a quarter of a point of damage), and the Centurion gun is superior for 4+ and up targets.

>The 2+ save is neat but nearly 1/3rd of hits in this game are crits as any PHR player will tell you
Literally means nothing; more than 1/2 of ALL hits in this game are non-critical. The only time there are more crits than non-crits out of hits, is when the weapon is 2+. Armor plays a significant roll 90% of the time.

>As far as fluff goes it seems exactly as stupidly overengineered and armored as the pre war tanks used by the resistance
Then why is it heavy cruiser level in terms of toughness and firepower, while costing less than a Seattle.

Lets just use this as the opportunity it is. DropX has had blatantly OP units in beta before (medusa), this is our best chance to check if TT is any good at fixing them.

I mean, I'm hoping they do take a look at it. The Centurion gun is a neat idea, but the combination of extra hull AND 2+ armor, on top of its guns, is just too much. I do really like the weapon profile, though.

Let's look at this again.
12 Damage. Heavy Cruiser level
A:2+ Unprecedented. More than makes up for the PD as well.
Main gun: Battleship grade.
Secondary guns: 75% of a PHR Cruiser.
Speed: Heavy Cruiser or PHR Cruiser

Cost: 40 points less than a heavy cruiser.

She's blatantly OP and there's no two ways around it. I'd set the armor to 3+ or drop the DP to 10, then nerf that main gun to be either damage 2 or accuracy 4+. Even then, she'd be a strong cruiser.

Nobody cares about Bloom. She already outguns a Moscow.

>ttcombat.com/collections/dropzone-commander/products/lieutenant-colonel-james-rodriguez-pre-order
Agreed. I wanted a Jaeger so I could have TWO Idris Elbas

I mean, honestly, the following alone would be fine

>3+ armor, 10 hull, etc etc; 110-115 points
>2 attack, 2 damage, no bloom
>keep broadsides as it is

Boom, now the Centurion is basically a better Rio, or is 75% of an Orion with the remaining 25% of its broadsides and its front gun turned into an actually decent F/S weapon, which the PHR have none of.

Alternately
>keep everything as it is, but go back up to 3+ armor
>155-160 points
There, now it's an extremely flexible not!heavy-cruiser.

Another idea is to give the Centurion an alt-fire, to go down to 2 damage and no bloom.

Newbie here for DFC. I have a PHR and a UCM starter.

I really like the idea of carriers. What sort of list principles do i need to keep in mind for this game?

UCM loves the Seattle class. It's a competitively costed carrier-guncruiser that has above average firepower for any medium ship with squadron capacity.
The Atlantis is basically a bigger and badder Seattle +1, while I can't say much about the New York having never faced one.
The UCM's squadrons aren't as powerful as others, but the Seattle makes them easy and worthwhile to include.

The PHR fleet has a lot of carrier options. You can choose to build an entire list around launching, or just sprinkle them in after your main fleet strategy has its battlegroups locked in.
The Andromeda is a pocket carrier that works as a close escort or a tiny flanking threat. I like to think of them as salt and pepper for a mostly finished fleet list.
The Ikarus is a mixed gunship-carrier that gives you a wide arc of guns that don't overlap in addition to two squadrons. Not the most efficient vessel for its points, but it can contribute durable support in a troopship battlegroup.
The Bellerophon is usually the most popular since it can afford to hang back - and it often will, given its 7" thrust - to snipe with its dual laser cannon while it squadrons launch freely in any direction.
The Scipio is also a good choice given its BC durability and high speed, allowing it to linebreak and mess things up at close range whereas the Bell often has to deploy bombers at max range and give the opponent response time.
PHR bombers are crazy strong at 2+ lock, which makes them a strong supplement to the relatively low lock values on the faction's broadside guns. Their fighters are also high quality and can be critical in shoring up the PHR's weak Point Defense stats.
Basically, pick carriers that synergize with your overall gameplan and apply liberally.

So, 2.0 is supposedly dropping sometime in April, but any word on when Monitors/Destroyers/Dreadnoughts are supposed to?

Out of any curiosity, was there any official post anywhere confirming that Hawk is dead as a brand/subdivision within TT, and that it's just the IP, now?

strawpoll.me/14947358
I'm curious as to /dcg/'s thoughts on TT selling the KS exclusives; feel free to respond with more precise responses as well.