/swg/ - Sexy Ship Edition

Post about FFG, X-wing, Armada, Legion, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, and anything else Star Wars Related!

Previous thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Armada full wave 7 unboxing/spoilers:
>community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/267745-chimaera-unboxing/
>community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/267760-profundity-unboxing/
Admiral Raddus guest article by a playtester:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/17/hes-going-to-fight/

Fleet Troopers Unit Expansion for Legion:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/24/defend-the-fleet/
Leia Organa Commander Expansion for Legion:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/24/inspire-rebellion/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6MWK7uNOlBw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raufoss_Mk_211
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>sexy ship

>posting that mess

Thoughts: Should the ships from the Lego Freemakers show be added to X-Wing?

Here's the sexiest ship ever created.

you're banned from posting in this thread buddy, pack up your desk, I want you out of here.

The littler one looks neat. Are there any more? I'm not familiar with anything Lego.

What is that ugly pile of junk?

Here I am!

I like the center section but the weird wing things just scream "we wanted to make it transform somehow like Slave I but didn't really think it through." They're just ugly. It's definitely the worst looking of the Old Republic ships.

That shit isn't even symmetrical. It's like being turned on by people with disabilities.

Those 3 are just concepts for the main ship in the centre. The characters in the show have another ship called the StarScavenger, but I've never seen any "real" interpretations of it.

>That shit isn't even symmetrical
>implying this is a bad thing
Shit like this is why you got fired from Seinar, Bill.

What's wrong with asymmetry? Best ships coming through.

Looks basically like the Jedi corvette from TOR, but given how well-liked that design is it wouldn't be bad to have a version of it in OT-era canon.

Symmetry is beauty. Objectively.

Reposting for feedback now

Not him but I was going to have an ascending order, Trioculous trying to claim his role as heir, only to be BTFO by a seemingly revived empror, who turns out to be one of a series of cloned puppet rulers set in place by a council of moffs trying to keep the darkside cults under theit thumb, after they get wrecked Thrawn. Emerges to pick up the pieces with the empire of the hand, and eventually passes command of the remnant to Pealleon in the event of his death, the latter of whom is running on fumes and stretching their forces with droids and small elite forces. On of the surviving emperor clones in the mean takes the new identity of supreme leader snoke and reestablishes other fanatic remnants into the first order. And all while the new commonwealth of independent systems and ssi-ruu imperium are making their own claimes before the extra galactic invasion

I dunno, the Trooper ship is pretty fucking bad too.

The Fury interceptor is by far the most beautiful one, tho.

Did Bioware have a brain hemorrhage when they designed this game or what?

Isn't that a ship from metroid?

>beauty
Go back to Naboo, Rimmer. Here in the Core we make REAL ships for REAL pilots. Ships that have off centre cockpits! Ships without life support! Ships that physically can't land without at least 5 moving components!

Really? I quite like that design. It's a nice B-Wing/Corellian corvette mashup for a unique ship with a good Star Wars vibe. What don't you like about it?

ALL THIS AND MORE AT DIRTY DICKS DRYDOCK!
GUARANTEED!
youtube.com/watch?v=6MWK7uNOlBw

thats not a Venator

Best OT EU era Star Destroyers coming through.

is that an Imp Star 1?

Unused designs for the skippers seen in TLJ.

Is that a Vic 1 or Vic 2?

Considering the junker nature of them I think featuring all of them would have worked, the one to the right looks like a droid staap

That idea that there are Star Wars fans who don't like asymmetrical ships is confusing to me.

How many credits would it take to make a Snowspeeder space-proof, and would it be worth it?

>No hyperspace
>Guns weaker than ones on an x-wing
>Grapple hook in space
>Turns by opening shafts for increased air resistance
Yeah, no.

>add a hyperdrive
>add stronger guns
>not wanting to use a grappling hook in space for 0 g hijinks
>swap the flaps for turning thrusters

Oh and the bombers were T-wings or something and were only there because Rian read a book from the 40s about bombers.

Victory I Star Destroyers.

>Recieve a ship that is going to be a hell to maintain
>Have to add additional power core and fuel space so it wont dry itself within first few minutes after engaging in combat
>Does it even have shields?
>Is it even vacuum proof?

I say the better idea would be to just go and either steal a star fighter or buy one, instead of trying to jury rig snow speeder into space ship.

The wook calls them the MG-100 StarFortress SF-17. I think they look pretty cool. If only they didn't function like complete garbage.

Wouldn't mind replacing its bombing bay for something roomier and turning it into a mobile home.

It feels like the armor should be much thicker then their apperent fragility in the movie with indicate, also a ship this slow should have some ficing shields

>Does it even have shields?
>Is it even vacuum proof?

Who even needs that?

The scrotum and scrotum turret are just plain silly.

Dunno man, i think they could have gone a bit more further with the whole B-17 bomber feeling, like add two long wings to the sides with four engines attatched to them and with fluff text saying the wings were there to do the same thing all wing like structures in star wars are doing, heat dissipation.

Pilots without a death wish.

If given a choice between a pinook fighter and a snowspeeder repurposed for void warfare, I think most people would go for a pinook. However, if literally the only option you have is to rebuild a snowspeeder to fight in space, I would use it for as long as it takes to fly into an enemy hanger and hijack something else

The crews could have also tried not arming the bombs before dropping them, or at least not flying in a tight formation with said armed bombs.

Yeah, I think the same chassis without the ballsack and with longer wings would look pretty good.

I didn't like the Trooper ship at first, but I really loved it when I played the class.

The only TOR ship I dislike is the bounty hunter's.

Or keeping the engines set to dramatic slow.

I think if you're trying to take a snowspeeder to space you're already well beyond the threshold there.

Like FUCK! You could do a repurposed Naboo vessel like that, just imagine this thing with added bubble turrets and such and VOILA!

Has anyone got the meme image with the magnetic bombs blowing up the ship and brainlet crew.

Which is why i am arguing against taking a snowspeeder into space.
If i wanted to die a humiliating death, i would fight Darth Vader, wearing nothing but a thong overmy face and armed with a dead cat that has rigor mortis.

That is one function of the Star Fortresses in the lore.

The storage pod is filled with supplies for voyages instead of weapons.

>turning a beautiful nubian work of art into a sullied war machine.
This user is as clumsy as he is stupid

Not as half as stupid as the guy who wants to make snowspeeder spaceborne.

You'd basically have to entirely rebuild it. Just buy a Cloakshape.

Oh, hey, that's a good idea, so you could do something like, say, have them jump away and buy some fuel and then come ferry it back to you, if hypothetically you were in a running battle where you were running out of fuel and couldn't jump away from the enemy but were still able to have people leave in small ships and come back later.

TIEs are vacuum-proof.

No can do, the entire resistance budgethas been used on fashionable clothing and hair dye.

What's a Nubian?

In real life, an Egyptian subculture. In Star Wars, a model of starship used by Padme in Episode 1.

Sexiest ship coming through. The only reason it won't be in X-Wing is the autistic screeching isn't it?

Will you have to cut your astromech upgrade cards in half to equip them?

And 2 and 3 and clone wars.

Long artoo is looooooooooong

Nah, the Star Skiff she uses in those is a different model, even if it's the same level of SHINY AND CHROME.

Would Poe and Holdo's arc have been better if their dynamic was more similar to pic related?

No man, Nubian is the manufacturer, all of those silvery ships were from same manufacturer.

At that point, just replace Holdo with his real mommy.

I'd really like to see some Naboo ships with the chrome worn off and with some weapons and extra greebles in the hands of OT era Rebels. Especially the winged 40's bomber looking ones like pictured, I really like the shape but hate the early 2000s CGI shine.

I know you meant the question less literally but a speeder bike-with-sidecar chase would've been pretty endearing to me.

>Shara Bae
best mommy

Also a planet in the Corellian Sector and the people who live there.

I think Shara died in canon when Poe was still a kid. They could've fudged it by saying she faked her death or was captured by remnant forces. Maybe something like the backstory for Star Fox, with Shara getting called out of retirement by Leia to covertly investigate mysterious activity in the Unknown Regions, only to be captured by the burgeoning FO.

>new objective: settle for the cloud car

One of the few nu-canon comics with great art

I'd be down with that. A lone Rogue Squadron type pilot evacuating a faintly obnoxious high-ranking officer via Cloud Car chase? Count me in.

Best part of NuFront II that doesn't involve Lando.

>That shit isn't even symmetrical.

You're in the wrong hood buddy!

That thing is the second worst ToR class ship. Pic related is the tied for best

Maybe Shara as Henry Sr. and Holdo as Brody?

Apart from when your the little driod in the beginning, i agree

Sounds dumb

What would a Raufoss round do to stormtrooper armor?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raufoss_Mk_211

I ask because I've homebrewed a species in the Unknown Regions. Basic idea is during the end of the Clone Wars, a CIS general sent war assets for secret cold storage in the Unknown Regions for reasons unknown, but was Vader'd on Mustafar. Set after Empire Strikes Back, the PCs are sent by the Rebellion to put an encrypted beacon on these resources so the Alliance can turn them on the Empire. First leg is the system controlled by the homebrewed species.
Said species found a Providence-class ship on its last legs, carrying manufacturing infrastructure, but the system lacks a natural source of tibanna gas, so instead have droid armies of B-1s wielding laser rifles w/ vibro-bayonets, supported by B-2s with integrated miniguns(carrying above ammunition)/flamethrowers. Droidekas are close fire support with heavier flamethrowers and a rapid laser cannon.

Largely for narrative purposes, though, since the stats are already done.

Pink mist presumably. Standard slugthrowers are analogues for basic pistols and rifles, firing 556 or 762 rounds.

Droid is the best character in the game

Why? Was it the most humanlike?

I just like fun robot side kicks, we see him develop from an emotionless machine to being something of an affectionate pet or squire. All without words

There's not a lot in star wars that's wearable by people which would really stop a normal .50, shields would work ok but they're kind of expensive.
Even if there is some wild and crazy alloy made by the sorcery and memes that does stop it, anything vaguely human sized is going to get bent in half from the impact.

Well, I might lower the caliber. .50 is a bit big for a B2. Let's say they miniaturize to a .308, but also have access to CIS level material science. Would it go from pink mist to turning the interior into flash-seared, shredded long pork?

What is the best Star Wars capital ship?

I am in sorta three way tie with Venator, Imperial class star destroyer and that one ship between Venator and Grievous' ship in your picture.

Recusant-class!

>CIS level material science
Thats sort of the key to it, velocity + mass will move stuff one way or another and if you sprinkle some spess magic on it with all kinds of supernormal alloys/micro explosives, yeah it will have the result for any real descriptive purposes.
I tend to avoid over-thinking when making stuff up in star wars.

I've always been partial to the executor-class myself, shame about the shitty bridge shields.

Yeah, for some reason i like that style.

I like all of them, but I'm especially partial to the Confederate designs, the Imperial class and the Venator. I'm not sure what the ship in front of the Republic Arquitens is though.

That's some top tier taste.
I Prefer the Providence myself.
In canon, that's it. The Carrack witll be ever my Star wars capital waifu, along the lancer and the Dread.

Not that assymetric as long as you fly it the correct way

Quick, /swg/! What's your comfiest non-YT ship? If you were a spacer, what would you make your home?

I actually like a lot of the Mon Cal designs. The mainline MC80s are a little meh, but some of the more obscure variants are aesthetic as fuck.

Space turtle!