Ideas for a Monster Town

Okay, Veeky Forums, I'm planning on running a game set in a town made up of non-typical PC races. The premise is that the players are hired as town guards there and generally weird shit ensues. I have a few ideas for the townspeople and I need more!

Here's what I got:
>sheriff is a centaur
>forge is run by two elementals, one fire and one earth
>seamstress is a drider/giant sentient spider
>cleric of the local temple and town healer is a unicorn
>local wizard is an ogre
>mayor is divided between a lamia in the warm seasons and an ice fairy in the cold seasons
>village idiot is a lich with long term memory loss who can't remember any spells or where he put his phylactery
>tavern/brewery is run by a vampire and a satyr
>fisherman is a mermaid
>hunter/trapper is a harpy
>one token human farmer. His name is David.

Any other ideas?

Really? No delivery person? Like a pixie or harpy, what are you doing with your life man?

Have another mermaid that rides around town on a water elemental

>druid werewolf

Pretty cool guy, but treats his fur and ranger-y shit like an hipster treats his beard

>tentacle monster runs the local eatery

He's pretty sad anyone thinks it's into human chicks. Bleurgh. Don't mention it in its presence.

>dragon banker

He'd actually LIKE to be like a real dragon sometimes.

>teacher

An histrionic beholder, that has a personality for every subject. Kids love her, execpt that it's impossibe to copy under her watch.

Oh, and the fisherwoman is huge drylandboo. Too bad our world isn't at all like in her algae manga. The 2 elementals are fire and ice, and basically are Gomez and Morticia with more colors and less of an humanoid form.

Tiefling Pastor is always a good option

The more disgusting a Nurse you can make, the better

What caused all these monsters to take residence here?

Hag Apothecary

How much monster pussy does David get on average?

Dryads managing a topiary/florist
Depending on the size you could have slimes on general cleanup or a gelatinous cube as sewer maintenance
Giant silkworms as the drider's assistants
Ghoul gravedigger?

>The butcher shop is run by an ogre. There is always a scarcity of meat.

>teacher
TEACHER WHAT?

Rust Monster cursed with intelligence. He's the local adventurer. Multiclassed from a Druid into a Rogue recently.
Well, didn't say he was a good one.

>Assistant Healer is an Orc
>Town Crier is a Dullahan
>Bakery is run by Goblins
>Deputy Sheriff is a reformed Werewolf.
>General Merchant is a Doppleganger
>Local loan shark is a Dragon

Beholder. Srsly, read, ppl.

>An histrionic beholder, that has a personality for every subject. Kids love her, execpt that it's impossibe to copy under her watch.
Or alternatively an aboleth.
the beholder can be the librarian

Monstergirl setting?

No, just a small community within a setting. The whole point behind it is that it's downright weird to everyone on the outside.

Human men are free to come and go in the town?

They probably need to be vetted first.

Centaurs make bad sheriffs, can't climb a ladder or crawl out a window after crooks. Make him a deputy.

The Human Kingdom allowed this one town near the border of the wilderness, elsewhere creatures like these are monsters that people try to kill.

I would exclude all undead except the crazy harmless lich.
Mindflayers and aboleths are probably poor options, the dragon should be a little one.

Humans should be the minority, but more than just one.

The mayor should be appointed by the King and either a human/elf/dwarf or a creature that is somewhat compatible with the general population of the kingdom. a Hobgoblin would be a good choice.

the town would be a major launching point for adventurers going into the wild

>The local banker/loan-giver is an Orc with a chest of treasure
>He lives in a 10X10 house, ready with an Ax and notarized loan documentation

Szörny Város "Monster Town" - Hungarian

Anghenfil "Monster" - German

Town of ________
Total population: 2040
Humans:
Sylvari (elves) :
Half-syls (half-elves):
Khords (dwarves):
Cids (halflings):
Total guard:
In addition, 38 clergy tend to the spiritual needs of the Town , and are overseen by 2 ordained priests.
Services in this Town :
Inns:
Taverns:
Blacksmiths:
Healers:
Weaponsmiths:
Armorers:
Bowyers:
Magic Shops:
1 *
Merchants:
Leatherworkers:
Tailors:
Jewelers:
Cobblers
Fishmongers:
Farriers:
Carpenters:
Masons:

Medieval City Generator

Size: relatively small
Walls: wood and stone, with few gates
Layout: concentric circles

Attractions: gladiator ring(s), beautiful ancient architecture and art galleries
Famous For: dog training, wild parties and seers
Nearest Tavern: half a dozen blocks from the entrance

Guards: opressive
Locals: overcharge outsiders
Crime: average Economic Base: mining
Main Gem: sapphires
Economy: strong but declining

Government: several elected officials
Major Influence: noble family politics
Corruption: above average

Religious Influence: average

Streets: full of pigeons
Buildings: close together

Noteable Locals

The old money lordling who is suspiciously free with money. She has many enemies. Rumors say that she has great admiration for master artisans. She can usually be found near the outskirts of the city.

The suave merchant who has been talking of changes. He has bad luck with former allies. Rumors say that he has threatened guild leaders. He can usually be found at a party.

The lecherous socialite who will not abide by change. He has bad luck with former allies. Rumors say that he gets along fairly well with mages. He can usually be found at work.

The well-connected cleric who is associated with several questionable events. She has few open allies. Rumors say that she has an unhealthy fixation with priests. She can usually be found at home.

The swaggering mage who attends every social event in the city. She has bad luck with former allies. Rumors say that she loathes politicians. She can usually be found in a certain tavern.

The gaudy noble who has been accumulating debts. He has been rapidly losing allies. Rumors say that he is careful around traders. He can usually be found in a certain tavern.

The alchoholic master artisan who throws lavish parties. She has bad luck with former allies. Rumors say that she is easily irritated by scholars. She can usually be found at work.

Crazy Anchovy the lich has a fair number of cantrips, but none of them are attack ones.

7 identical kenku are trying to start a thiev's guild, their clever plan is to fool everyone into thinking there is only one. So far it is working....

Scaly Sally is the least successful prostitute in town. Being a Kobold might be a factor.

The most powerful cleric is a Naga. Fortunately, she is more greedy than evil.

Alright, stay with me on this.
This will blow your mind.
I mean it.
Don't look if you're not mentally prepared.
Designated village bicycle
Designated village breeder
_________Orgy pits_________

What about his spells? Are any of THEM attack ones? Also,

>an unsuccessful kobold prostitute

Clearly you're on the wrong threads.

I was going to roll on a table for one he will randomly remember and use out of reflex when startled or in distress.

>tentacle monster runs the local eatery and doesn't like girls

I assumed it got all the perverts.

The mayor's spy is a corgi named 'Misty Step'.

The nurse is a kuo toa. Locals warn against trying to see the doctor.

Is your name David OP.

The Puppet Tavern
wait staff are animated wooden people

The Slippery Eel

Falstaff's

The Sword and Staff , inn for explorers

Gnolls run a shady ass pawn shop that buys anything.... for absurdly low'prices, everyone assumes it's because the gnolls can't count...really the gnolls are just ripping everyone off.

family of areana weavers instead of drider

healers use spidermedics

Gladiator arena has childrens' matinee

the streetpickers are a family of goblins who ride in a huge handcart pulled by a huge bugbear.

Although short for his race, Alphonse the stone giant is a very good mason and a valued member of the militia. He is just tall enough to shoot his hand Ballista over the 12' tall town wall.

Oni runs the magic shop

The town has a sewer system left over from when the town was a dwarven fortress
The Sewer guild are otyughs

I’d say to make sure and include fantasy races that played memorable roles in your previous campaigns. Get your players to think one way about x because of a big ass battle from three campaigns ago with a member of his species only for him to be the geriatric innkeeper who always keeps hard candy for your players.

That is a very good idea.

>orc butler that lives in the wealthy estate in the outskirts of town
>dryad woodland guide who's also a part-time florist
>a ragtag band of drows that keep getting mistaken for actual murderers and thieves but are just minding their own business and only want to be left alone

Nice.
Not OP, but I am collating this and will repost in the hopes of a thread that is isn't the usual fapbait and possibly worth reading.

Thanks, OP.

>a deviling/tiefling/half-demon/whatever owner of the town's most visited tavern in spite of his hard demeanor and looks
>faeries who work daily to keep the town's magical night lights working
>an animated skeleton who's part of the local bard act as a comedian/ventriloquist doll
>an intelligent corpse who awoke through a seemingly random act of nature and now struggles to find purpose within the town

Also not OP but I'm interested in seeing if this actually turns out to be something good.

No. I have enough people who know me IRL in my game that I can't insert myself and get away with it. I'd never do such an autistic thing as have stand-ins for real people in my games anyway.

wonderful, please keep this alive, I must sleep.
Thank you for an interesting thread

Are you implying that teachers aren't monsters?

There are two Thatchers guilds in town, both run and operated by kobolds. Their difference is the northern guild is ran by lizard type kobolds and the southern one has dog type kobolds. They have their own technique and styles that they employ, and aren't above asking the other for help or man power on larger projects.

Is that tiefling Gordon Ramsey
"What did you use the fires of the hell of bad taste to cook this"

>tiefling Gordon Ramsey
Hell yes.