Warhammer 40,000 General - /40kg/

Grognards BTFO eternally by year of the xenos

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/26/new-codexes-factions-our-heroes-and-more-breaking-news-from-the-las-vegas-opengw-homepage-post-1/

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
youtu.be/8OHnC24Qx8k
>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_imperiumisacuck,acuck!FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Old →

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ZnDfYGrV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for the tides of humanity, the imperial guard!

Second for record servitor

How do Great Unclean Ones fare in 8th?

Saving my scrub questions from oblivion. Is this ok or am I missing something obvious like I need flyers?

pastebin.com/ZnDfYGrV

is there a funnier play in ADmech than using wrath of mars on a unit of 6 protector protocol kastelan robots?

If You have a small amount of units with the most guns in them they will be better.

Like imagine activating 20 guards first and then they activate 10 and then 10.
You will do more damage to them and then they will do less because they have to shoot with. And now imagine this at an army wide scale with units worth hundreds of points shooting vs multiple small units worth 40

Xth for T'a'u are fun to collect but no fun on the table

For the Femperah!

Good, they deserve to be shit.

Big fat target like always that gets gunned down.

Faction you wouldn't mind being forced into a life of foot worship servitude for, go.

This is why I don't try to do smart things. Do it like battletech and have all the damage resolve after all the shooting, maybe?

>yfw they preemptively nerfed huge forge world stuff because unit activation will make them super powerful

depends. deepstrike helps a ton, and giving them multiple big threats to deal with also helps but they can still be gunned down if they the enemy wants them dead. they can wreck shit though if you use them well

That could work. But then why alternate, just have two turns.

Would it be shitty to trade away or sell my /wip/ secret santa gift? It's a unit for an army I don't play, nor do I want to collect for it.

Do GUO tear things apart once they shamble into melee?

Can't they deepstrike near the gunline?

Aren't GUO the best type of greater daemon?

(You)
Yvahra hitting at BS 4+ both weapons v Dunecrawler (T7 3+ 5++)
Flamer-4.67
Ion-0.67
Total damage=5.34

Same but Nova Charged
Flamer-7
Ion-4.02+1 Mortal
Total damage 12.02

Nova Charged it averages a full Crawler kill

How are the FW necron units?

Pylons are OP

Why did the emperor not let him take his gladiator friends with him?

Custard book up yet?

Yeah but imagine setting up a big huge unit next to a bunch of guns that are specificaly designed to kill him turn one.

If he charges (ignoring chaff) he only disables one of those guns. And that's only a 50%.chance to charge.

He would be good if there was a nurgle unit that would be better off not getting shot at with the same stuff shooting at the guo that it acts as a useful target. But nurgle doesn't have that really, besides more guo.

I want to relive the nidzilla days in a big daemon list, how many GUO are effective in most general use lists?
What faction of chaos most compliments nurgle for a godzilla assault list? Pls no space mareens, they are not welcome

because he didnt get to bring friends

Honestly just for first battle phase this would actually solve all the problems of first turn advantage and be a really simple fix.

Probably slaanesh because you want a fuck ton of tarpitting?

Well he is a big guy.

but if you removed his nails, would he die?

Actually wait no not entirely. But it would make it a lot more even.

I would be extremely painful.

Disco stick blob wiping out a small unit and becoming immortal and/or nuking everything with dragoons. Dakkabots are amazing as well.

Pylons are mandatory on any necron army that wants to do anything.

Seems a bit excessive don't you think?

Like most melee they sound good even great with their output but multiple turns of shooting in the time it takes him to arrive out class him.

dumb question, stygies VIII dragoons would have a -2 penalty to shooting them outside 12 inches, right?

yes

Xeno tits are contraband.

There isn't a good middle ground. All of necrons other anti armor are complete garbage for their points.

oh that gives me some horrible ideas. might just make a list based around dragoons and striders at this point.

I just realized the deepstrike daemon codex strat is better than summoning.

So I guess Tau will have no problems then?

>twin linked shuriken pistol
>litterally just a shuriken catapult

All of my what

Do it

So basically prey for price drops in the codex?

It looks like he's eating tacobell.
Also just noticed he's covered in bullet holes and she's completely clean.

What are you working on now gents? I'm in the middle of the tedious process that is painting my rubrics.

Still holding off the urge to paint my Voidraven because I want to play some vidya for once. Damn is it tempting.

Why do you think he has such a disgusted look on his face, she was sleeping through the battle.

>attack objectives with evasive dragoons
>provide coverfire with ironstriders
>ambush in discoboys
>hope for shroudplasm
i can already imagine tau salt

That's funny. Also funny how she's checking to see if her lens is dirty

Just finished converting a Heavy Destroyer out of a Triarch Stalkers Heavy Gauss Cannon.

Using Wrath of Mars on a unit of 10 Flechette Blaster Sicarian Infiltrators appearing out of nowhere comes close.

So what are you bros expecting from the survey results in a few days?
>"We saw A LOT of responses asking for Plastic Sisters of Battle and we're really confused as to why. They were released in Gathering Storm!"

Thinking about starting Necrons since I'm so uninspired by the TSons codex. Also sitting here wondering how GW could make the tesseract vault so bad. Fire whoever wrote those rules.

I also just realized that he has a sword sitting in his lap, because that is something he obviously needs.

Easier to use in CC, I guess? I don't know, it was just some art I got ages ago.

Definitely not. Even for xenos, Tau are pretty shit.

and now im reminded of how hard the infiltrator debuff aura got hit

He's gonna commit sepuku with all this bullshit

I would say 2 max since they need to be covered in miasma and healing which can only be done on 1 dude per turn. Defilers and soul grinders would probably help if you want to monster truck some stuff. they are pretty survivable and handy. I personally think birdboy has some wicked spells to use on big demon engines like that (+1 or so invuln and a spell to increase their melee capabilities). Slaanesh stuff is too soft for my taste

>be fire warrior
>just go through hell to protect the greater good
>find out the bitch next to you slept through the entire battle
>have nothing to eat but stale taco bell
>decide fuck them all
>I'll be one with the greater good soon

Still no announcement for FW custodes index?

They got to finish Fires of Cyraxus first.

I'm actually a WHFB refugee so I never tried them until 8th, what did it do last edition?

-1 WS, BS, I, and Ld within what was it, 6”? Shit was cash

People ask them everyday on Facebook
Hopefully we get an update soon

yep. the ability used to actually reflect their fluff.
now its just -1 leadership within 3 inches.

Yeah, absolute ass. I remember these guys were cheap and perfect killers, ideal for slicing MEQ and anything less. Perfect in your face tie up units that really did infiltrate and set chaos to the enemy lines

remember when skitarii alphas could for some reason take almost any weapon in the skitarii list?

>Was meh in 7th

>Get nerf anyway

BA tactical boys gettin dun, should be finished with them within a month then it's the first 5 of 15 death company to start on

>meh in 7th
>he never played before the grenade nerf
Oh, sweet innocent child...

Would filling up the ranks with bare bones Winged daemon princes be worth my while outside of birdboy? Do daemonettes get work done in large groups? Do these sexy slaaneshi horses work well in tarpitting gunlines?

I don't play slaanesh personally but from their stats I don't see how most of their army could make it to turn 2

That feel when you really liked Breachers as an anti-vehicle unit in 7th, and Heavy Arc Rifles (as well as Breachers) are complete dogshit in 8th.

Not necessarily, maybe it’s just my experience but if you rush them up fast enough people seem to place unusual priority on a pretty hearty unit and waste a lot of fire on them. But god I wish they had better rules, I have 15 kataphrons and it’s suffering.

Those were the days. Omniscient mask on a squad of sicarians was scary fun

wait what survey? and where will the results be?

>pepenurgle.jpg
>is a slann

user...

how to fix them then?

I hope they at least give us web datasheets.

The huge community survey they did? We don't know the results, or at least I don't think we do.

It's frustrating because they aren't even good vs vehicles anymore. BS 4+ means they're not reliably able to hit, S6 means they wound most vehicles on a 5+, and 2 shots each means they never have the volume of fire to do anything. People at my store may disagree about whether some units (Ruststalkers, Ironstrider Ballistarii, and Infiltrators) are bad, but these guys are universally hated where I play.

cool models tho

Realistically if the imperium doesn't know about choas how do they react to daemons?

Do they even know there are evil space marines?

Have I missed the TSons codex dropping?

How in hell can people think Ruststalkers are good??? Infiltrators I can kinda see and ironstriders (despite being abysmal for their fluff purpose) are ok at camping a backfield objective, but how in fuck do you think rusties are good!?

I just hope Kataphrons get something, maybe a “+1 BS if they stand still” or something, as is it’s just a pain

I feel like I just don't get how I'm supposed to play guard. Every fucking game I get turn 1 charged by A deepstriking demon primarch or I'm fighting an army with -1 to hit. What am I missing?

>how do they react to daemons
Same way they react if they did know, absolute terror and fear at seeing something impossible.

Their armor is also reversed, the big shoulder pad-shield thing goes on the left shoulder, but it's on their right in the picture.

Horus Heresy weekend is next week, Valdor is going to be shown so they might have answers for the 40k Custodes.

>just some art I got ages ago.

Who is the artist. I swear I recognize the art style

Tarpits, stuff like Ogryns, Sentinels or Infantry squads to spread out, deny the enemy from deep striking and having to eat several chaff units before getting anything juicy.

Can be difficult vs some armies but it can be done, Guard just needs to castle up during the first turns.

FInished my Iconward this morning. Really liked how colorful he came out.

Hopefully.
I doubt anything Adrathic will carry over, that will stay 30k.

How long until 40k has to wound?

If deep striking is getting you, make sure you cover your back with some spread out infantry to deny the area. If they deep strike and charge something, it should hopefully be something cheap and disposable if you've covered yourself.
Then fall back with anyone that survived (Emperor Protects!) and blast the shit out of it with FRFSRF.

I was just as shocked as you are. When GW nerfed Infiltrators a second time by removing an attack (presumably to bring them more in line with the Ruststalkers) they should have just given Ruststalkers an extra attack instead.

I see almost no reason to take them- they're worse than almost all of our other melee focused troops.

Breachers suffer from not being good at anything other than surviving, and they're not even great at it. In a faction that is known for firepower, they're surprisingly lacking. Even with a points reduction, they can't really accomplish anything at range or melee.

Ruststalkers can at least inflict some damage in melee vs light infantry, though they REALLY suffer from their faction being the only one in ALL OF 40k with no transports.

I had to duck out for a bit after I posted my list in the last thread, but it sparked a bit of debate over Bolters verses Flamers.
I've done a bit of math on Prosecutors verses Witch Seekers on a point for point basis, and it looks like IF you can get your Flamers within range they will out-damage Bolters.
I've coloured this chart such that > 7 wounds per round is green, between 7 and 3.5 wounds per round is yellow and less than 3.5 is red.

So now comes the issue I'm having on redoing my list:
Is it better to take Witch Seekers and lose out on 4 Sisters of Silence and one Command Point (due to dropping from a Vanguard Detachment to a Patrol one), or would my 11 model Custodes army benefit more from the 4 extra bodies on the table and the one extra CP?

>>he never played before the grenade nerf
You mean the "only 1 guy grenade in CC" nerf?

They can still dish out 4 Dataspike attack and wreck any vehicle. Wow sure 1 Haywire poison 4+ attack for each in CC is OP.

they would react to daemons like how people in Lovecraft react to eldrich stuff.

Knowledge of chaos is a death penalty offence, so no they don't