>Something to watch
youtube.com/channel/UCWBrZbcz5nSYaIgl1jR1kPQ
youtube.com/channel/UCpqSWlpfdcI1titFDZv3OgA/feed
youtube.com/channel/UCMu95iB_kdWNOypiyJk7ljw

>LotR Posting
discord.gg/Nb4GdW8

Last thread: → #

Just got my Harad in the mail. Got the following:

24 Haradrim, 6 Haradrim Raiders, Haradrim Captain and Bannerman, Hashari, and a Nazgul. Couldn't get any Abrakhan Guard as I am still looking.

Was looking for a recommendations for the last few units of this group. Not really interested in the Golden King... just doesn't click with me. Was thinking of Mounted Serpent Guard, but they're hard to find.

Try either Mahud raiders or corsairs unless you want serpent sting really badly since corsairs have reavers and castellans of Umbar for fight 5 and Mahud have impact hits.

I have a question regarding battle companies. How limited are heroes in buying wargear?

Can a hero that started as a Galadhrim warrior buy an armoured horse?

Jesus, we need this new book so bad. I just hope that FW will not fuck this up but with no more plastic models it will be hard to find new players

Wait, what? They've said somewhere they're not casting any new plastics?

Watchers of Karna are an excellent pick-up, they can do pretty much anything well.

I was thinking I could get away with converting some Haradrim for them.

I thought the big thing was trying to get my beta force buff. I'd love to add a few Camel riders and Castellans to the mix.

Do you mean Black Numenorean?

Read the rules

Is King of the Dead a named character?

He is yes, sorry

Yes, but castellan of Umbar is their F5 upgrade.

That's bad. Where is it said, in an FAQ?

Ahh I got you.

What about the Hashari? Did I make a mistake buying him?

No, Hasharii are still good but don't take more than one at

The opposite, although it can certainly be inferred. A lot of umming and ahing which ended in we won’t rule plastics out.
FW plastic kits can be counted on one hand though. Basically just the heresy starters, and I’m not even sure they were FW rather than just GW

In the same place that it tells you that Frodo is a named character

In Battle companies rules it says the only way for a mount to die is when the rider dies.

How do I handle Warg riders / mounted hunter orcs then?

Let’s have three scenarios:

Rider casualty, mount survives: do I roll on injury table? If yes and the rider permanently dies, do I keep the Warg? I guess not...

Rider survives, Warg casualty: injury roll? If the Warg dies can I keep the rider?

If both are casualties it’s clear that I do roll on the injury table. But do roll once or separately?

Where is that?

It's pretty explicit; only roll when the rider is injured and if that results in death, the warg or horse is RIP too

Why Sauron didn't use his army of easterlings in the battle of the five armies?

Main rulebook faq

Because BoFA was Bolg's thing, not Sauron's.
When Sauron did it with his easterlings they managed to push the men and Dwarves back into Erebor for three days and killed Dain and Brand in the process. Only lost because they all ran away when they heard Sauron was defeated.

Camels with blowpipes can somewhat offset the reduced amount of bows if you don't go Sting

I just want to thank those that have shared the rules from the OP.
You've no idea how long i've been searching for PDF's of these.

Elven Cloak means he is practically untargetable in terrain correct (outside of 6")?

How do I ensure he gets into combat if the terrain is sparse? There's no infiltrate or push mechanic I can really use right?

>no legions of middle-earth mk2 with all the army lists, their bonuses, and with profiles for beornings and Keisemu and all those who were lost with the Hobbit transition
>no war of the ring re-tooling

Hide him behind your front lines

Getting real tired of resin desu

Which should I pick up first for my Iron Hills, Mattock dudes or Crossbows?

Mattocks

Crossbows if you don't have Ballista or Chariots. Mattocks for everything else.

Guess I can try that. Won't be able to start building/painting/playing until I finish my Nids for an upcoming tournament.

Cool right now my army is just Dain on Board, 12 Warriors with Spears+Captain/Banner and a Ballista. I'll add some Mattocks next.

You know what'd be an okay rule change?
You can have any number of warriors in a warband, but are still limited to 12 warriors per hero and one siege engine per warband.

Sounds like a great army already! Love Dain on Boar model.

Would you prefer metal?

I'd prefer plastic but god knows GW isn't going to spend the money for plastic molds. I do love pewter though. Resin is just shit all around.

Two questions:
1. Do you always use the highest Fight in a combat? Like I have 2 swordsmen, 1 feints, and I use F of non-feinting one?
Does trapped model become knocked down?

Also do spearmen supporting count as in combat when shooting at them?

yes, it's one of the reasons why special attacks are bullshit
no, it's prone models that count as trapped, not the other way around

you can shoot the supporting spearman with a Good model as long as the fight isn't blocking him in any way

Is that a decent list?
Warband 1 12/12
Uruk-hai Captain with Shield; Heavy armour;
3 Uruk-hai Warrior with Shield;
8 Uruk-hai Warrior with Pike;
1 Uruk-hai Warrior with Pike; Banner;
----
Warband 2 8/12
Uruk-hai Shaman with Armour;
4 Uruk-hai Warrior with Shield;
4 Uruk-hai Berserker
----
Warband 3 9/12
Engineer Captain
4 Uruk-hai Warrior with Crossbow;
1 Isengard Assault Ballista with Engineer Captain; Superior construction; Flaming ammunition; 2 Extra Crew;
----

Forgot to add it's 599 points total

I don't see many plastic FW shit for now

Do you need to get in base contact when charging or just enter control zone?

Base contact

They should just make a generic "orc" model kit and sell upgrade packs to turn them into Angmar, Gundabad, Mordor, Dol Guldur, and Morannon orcs.

Generic plastic, FW resin upgrades. That’d be sweet

Warband three will struggle to makes its points back. Artillery in general arent very good.

>make its points back
What is this, 40k?
As long as it does what it is meant to do within your army composition then the points are well worth it; which in his case it'd be to force the enemy to meet his pike blocks in melee as his ballista has longer range.

impossible. you can't really make a single box that builds into either minas tirith soldiers or rohan guys either

Difference is about 3 different evil armies use the exact same model and profile for the orc, so it's not really comparable to the men.

>As long as it does what it is meant to do within your army composition then the points are well worth it; which in his case it'd be to force the enemy to meet his pike blocks in melee as his ballista has longer range.
Aint nobody afraid of a ballista. Spend the points on crossbows, and the fforce will be better for it

bmup

Whats your favourite orc in the movies?

Mine: Pic related

Live you miserable orcs!

Probably Ugluk. He seems like a pretty reasonable and loyal bad guy. Doesn't let his men eat the hobbits, doesn't take shit from any orcs either. Also makes sure Merry doesn't die, even going so far as to spare him some "medicine"

Good guy Ugluk did nothing wrong

Oh, thank you. I did. Now fuck off or give a real answer.

read them again

Seems not because they answer your question within the first couple pages.

>3 influence
>tempted to give my leg-wound orc sergeant from goblin town a warg to ride and a lance
>once my grunts start promoting to mercs I can give them heavy armor and shields
Super goblin town, here I come.

Oh wait, no I can't.

:) he read the rules

Hmm, so it states that a hero can purchase any wargear available to any member of the Battle Company.

Does that mean that once I have a Galadhrim knight in my company my heroes can buy horses?

Yes.

Cool.

What are some good recommendations after buying a Warriors of Rohan and Riders of Rohan box set?

Sell then for iron hills dwarves.

Fix war of the ring.

No heroes yet? Erkenbrand is a top tier choice for any Rohan army. Gamling is often highly recommended too.

Sidenote, if you're playing point matches you should probably leave those Warriors at home and get yourself another box or two of Riders. Rohan infantry is just not very good.

bmup

It's sad this thread has to be bumped

It might get more popular if/when they officially drop The Hobbit title and start marketing it as simple Middle Earth. Even so, the days of LoTR dominating in popularity have long passed.

Yeah until this game gets its rebranded rulebook get used to having a shitty general.

So is the DCHL youtube page dead? Nothing new in 3 months.

I have Grimbold (admittedly he's there for my Frostgrave group), but if that's the case I'll pick up more Riders and Erkinbrand.

Is the Discord shit or is it worth joining?

It’s more active than this general but that’s not saying much.

So I have some mordor orcs + comand, the named troll dude, a forgeworld troll guy and 3 fellbeasts.

Whst else should I get for an Angmar force? My friends are pulling me in after how dissapointing T9A has turned out

Not surprised. Thanks. I'm always hesitant to join Discords because of the mods... Are the mods there nazis?

A shade, Ghulavar, MORE ORCS, and barrow wights + spectre.

How many orcs do people generally run and how are you supposed to kit these guys out?

Also is it not on battlescribe or am I blind?

It's not in battlescribe, also the fucking thing says isengard orcs are 8 base and uruks have shield, pike, crossbow, and are 13 because of it.
orcs are your only real troop, since your heroes are pricey and your elites just as much so try to keep around 10 in a warband to keep your expensive ghosties safe and pulling in individual models from a battleline to be gangraped by your orkies

non-existent

>Lake-town guard can't have shields
>but the militia do, and their lower fight is a bonus as it's essentially free poisoned blades and they can piercing strike
But for why.

Are trololos good? The models are nice.

Also, thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Yes, trolls are good.

>$30 for two (2) Mirkwood cavalry
>they're resin

Does anyone have scans of January's WD article? It is supposed to be the first part of a Battle Companies mini-campaign (like the one in the BC book ending in Fornost) called "the search for the stone"?
I searched on both MEGA's and I couldn't find it there.

Look in the 40k general MEGA.

Numenor battle company when?

I found it, thank you user!

So... fiefdoms without horses or pikes or rangers?

I was gonna say weaker solo Dale.

Yea that works too

>warriors that can draw line of sight to a company standard may re-roll one of their dice when determining who wins a fight
What other changes have you noticed from hobbit/lotr into mesbg?

wait where did you see that

Oh fuck me I read it wrong. I just read banner and my mind filled the other half.
Still, drawing line of sight is better than being within 3".

yea the SBG standard is just for courage