/aosg/ - Age of Sigmar General

“The Dark Elves worship many dark and forbidden gods, but by far the most prominent is Khaine, the Lord of Murder. His is the largest cult in Dark Elf society, rule over by priestess known as the Hag Queens, the mistresses of the Brides of Khaine – the Witch Elves. Khaine demands bloody, agonizing sacrifice, for he is a god of death and suffering. Every Dark Elf city has at least one temple dedicated to Khaine, and there is a shrine to lord of Murder within every Black Ark. By far the largest temple is found in Har Ganeth where, day and night, constant sacrifices are made to the Bloody-handed God.” –Excerpt from Dark Elves, 7e

Cult of Khaine Edition

Let’s try to be constructive Sub Edition

Previous Thread: Teaser Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=PlQqri1FuRQ
Teaser Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=YYalTMkOGQU
Daughters of Khaine Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=hIR2Y3zWnEA

Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/RcYLw0az

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database

calling it now, new Nagash legions will include human supplemental forces for ranged units.

also calling it that summoning will remain and simply be stuck onto the first "rules and abilities" page for the entire Death/legions faction and wont change.

lastly, night haunt, rattle, and blight etc will no longer be "factions" per se, still keeping their keywords they will each be hearded into one of the three mortarch factions

sacrament- arkhan, deathrattle, nighthaunt

blood- Soulblight, nefferata, flesh eater courts

Night- Manfred, dead walkers, deathmages and some Soulblight as well

So... this is the power of soycast players

Hey guys, are Flesh Eater Courts good in their current state, on their own?

They are not bad, but you may be getting some new rules soon in the MP book.

They have decent mortal wound output and the regen is great.

Legions of Nagash doesn't have Flesh Eater Courts and I am pretty sure the Malign Portents book is just lore.

> that board placement

>saek in the front

Doesn't Legions of Nagash have all Death models, including Flesh Eater Courts?

Did I make a terrible decision choosing to play Dispossessed?

If you enjoy building and painting them, no.

Do you like how they look? Do you like the way they play strategically? Do you enjoy modeling them and painting them? If so, you've not made an error.

If you're just trying to win at hobbying, you've probably not made the best choice. :o

>faggots crying about armies whereas people have been playing Freeguild, Brayherds, Elves and death since release
Just sell your shit to someone who will appreciate it and play stormcast instead

I do, but everyone hates them it seems and says they have no future in the game.
It does not help that I can't find anyone in my area to play with.

Everyone hates them because all dwarf players are whiny shitposters. Like yourself.

Nope. GW's facebook says there's no FEC in there. They have a complicated relationship with him, but they are not a part of the Legions of Nagash.

it does this user is talking out of his ass

The only reason people dislike dwarfs is because a lot of dwarf posters keep complaining. If you stop complaining and making whining shitposts no one will care.

You might want to have found a group before committing to an army, but that's water under the bridge. Use social media (for it's intended purpose, even!) and connect with other players in your locality.

At least it's not another SCE OP

Will they come soon?

Soon.

Bretonnians would never fight for nagash

So I want to start an Age of Sigmar club at my university, but I don't think anyone plays it. How can I introduce people to the game without their face becoming pic related?

By realizing that you're not in highschool anymore so making fun of "the nerds" is no longer in vogue. Just play a few games with buds in a public place and put up some signs. Hit up the art, drama, and literature nerds.

Ok, I don't have any friends who play the game also.
I don't know anyone who plays.
The closest place that I know of is Memphis, but I don't really want to travel to the city due to it's "diversity".
I would really like to get it started in my city.

Yeah, Memphis is a shithole. Where are you, user? Would Nashville not be close enough?

I have the SC! StD box and 10 extra knights.

What size units are best for chaos kniggits?

No, other side of the Mississippi.

Oh, then that shit blows. Honestly, you might be kinda fucked if the college town doesn't doesn't have an FLGS. You can always try escalation leagues, but you'll probably need at least two 1000pt armies to introduce people with demo games where you let them try out one. If you can seed interest with that, an escalation league is a nice way to trickle people in, but AoS is still a pretty expensive hobby to trick people into.

Yeah, it fucking sucks seeing a 100 mile circle of FLGS and GW stores around your city.

Trips for truth.

Soon.

little rock has a decent crowd, but that is a trek and a half for you

What a terrible fate

Keep on keepin on Settra bro

So, who exactly remembers the WHFB world at this point? I'm reading Nagash:Undying King and it looks like Arkhan is just a construct of Nagash, I assume Neferata is the same. Maybe Mannfred is an exception but I haven't looked at the realmgate wars books. Sigmar obviously remembers the Old World but I have no idea about Archaeon and the Elves.

Are you in Jonesboro user?

Ive lost all interest in my current army project and just want daughters of khaine now

Archaon has annihilated countless worlds since the World That Was. I extremely doubt he remembers much of the world he came from, even if his victory was complete at that moment during the End Times. Everything after was pretty much a victory lap.

Does Arkhan still possess his memories? I assume Nagash just ressurected his soul or something

Only of AoS. He doesn't remember the Old World or his romantic involvement with Neferata. It's pretty strongly implied Arkhan is an sort of like an avatar of Nagash. He's just a construct made from Nagash's memories of the real Arkhan, but he's not a perfect replication even if Nagash is a god now. He's been becoming more of an individual since apparently Archeon fucked Nagash's shit so hard he turned into a feeble old skeleton with dementia while he's regaining his power.

But I haven't finished the book, but yeah that's what I've got so far.

I thought the Mortarch's are just Nagash's memories of his servants given form and personality.

Poor Naggy has no real friends.

It's kind of vague. Arkhan definitely is. Neferata is likely the same. Mannfred I'm not sure about so that's why I was asking.

>Arkhan is the closest thing Nagash has to a friend
>remakes him now that he's a god
>gets broken
>best friend Arky now thinks hes lame because Nagash keeps forgetting what happened the day before and gives the same He-Man villain speech every time he's woken up

Being Nagash is suffering. He deserves it.

I'd be his friend.

I always assumed Mannfred to be the real thing if only because I believe Nagash would absolutely be petty enough to keep him around just to torture him forever.

As far as we know only Arkhan lacks memories of Old World. Manny remembers and doesn't have regrets about his betrayal except maybe that he didn't gain the incarnates' power.

I agree. Plus Mannfred was right there when the whole world imploded, since the faggot caused it. If anyone survived it, it'd be Mannfred.

Nagash says that he created Mannfred, Arkan, and Neferata but it's unknown if it's even true because Nagash is senile.

Nagash no longer recalls the original fuck up that made him annoyed at Mannfred. However, Nagash does have moments when he remembers stuff from the Old World like when he told Arkan "You are still the Gambler, eh, my servant?" and then didn't know why he said that.

So anyone who isn't a god in AoS is a crap shoot on whether or not they're the "real" person from WHFB

Maybe use Wild Riders for a Slaanesh cavalry army?

Please do not turn my poor Deer Boys into sluts.

>AHHHHHHHHH HELP ME SIGMAR!!!!!!

MALERION

WHEN

Bretonnians might work. Glade Guard as Peasant Bowmen, Riders as Knights, Eternal Guard as Men-At-Arms and the Rider champion -- who has a sword that goes as unmentioned in its profile as the fact they can be assembled with shields -- as a sword-wielding hero.

> Oh yee gods! My Soup is ruined!

>Year of Death
>soup book and nerfs

Th-thanks.

Yes

So this is the power of AoS sculptors.

I don't have an army myself but go to uni there as well. Just put some signs up around campus and you'll get some people. I can send along two of my friends who play Chaos and want more people to play with.

God, why not just come up with new names for the fuckers if you're going to come up with this complicated magic clone reincarnation malarky?

That'll teach you to not have expectations

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS QUEEN!

Because they already put old names on the boxes

Archaon is still the same guy, he's just ascended to nigh-godhood in the millennia since the End Times. He's THE Everchosen. He will always exist as long as Chaos exists.

>Did I make a terrible decision choosing to play Dispossessed?
yes, literally anything else is better

Fucking link to the new Nagash book?

Soycasts leave pls

Thank you for this well-thought-out and constructive post.

Upvoted.

Us onionMAN have to keep it together.

Please join me on /r/thedonald, my fine gentleman, so we can exchange more wisdom.

It's stated to not just be lore. It has rules and such.

upvoted!
I will certainly join you my good man!

Next white Dwarf is Custodes and Malign Portents, fucking skipping it

It's not out yet.

I hope March's WD is about DoK

Make the club for painting and ready yourself small pre-arranged forces for test games

so no new models until may because that fucking flyer said it, right?

>Campaign centered around death!
>Here's your nurgle and edgey elves!
>Also later this year prepare for more elves!

Death players are getting cucked.

>soy controle

Guys, I'm on quite a predicament right now.

I had planned making a Death army with Soulblight and Neferata as heroes and general, because I really like vampires and blood in general. I already have a little skirmish of them, but that doesn't mean much.

I actually have hematophilia, so it's quite more intense than just "liking"

The thing is, with the release of DoK I don't know which army to collect and play, because jeez they sure are cool and are drenched in blood, those literal Edgequeens.

So, in resume, whch one do you think will be better at long term (more supported, funnier, etc) Death GA or DoK?

>t.I like MTV
Gas yourself

Where did I even mention MTV?

>Where did I even mention MTV?
>The thing is, with the release of DoK I don't know which army to collect and play, because jeez they sure are cool and are drenched in blood, those literal Edgequeens.

You're turned on by blood? Fucking lewd.

Death GA will be "more" supported just for the sake of statistics.
That doesn't mean DoK or LoN get another release this year or in the foreseeable future.

>he swore loyalty to a npc grand alliance

Cyanide gas, here I come

i've always wondered how does black arks look like.
Are they like giant flying rock carved and turned into flying forteress ?
Or are they like flying ships made out of stones ?

it isn't black arks

all hail the true undead king

i though you were actually egyptian user

That’s the “hope the SCE player doesn’t charge Saek first and try to go for an early kill” setup. Also known as “the rookiest move”.

Big Morathi tits right in my face

that fucking cringe hand gesture and stupid face expression

>DoK
>bit tits
chose carefully user

Be honest, that one is you.

>and stupid face expression
In another news, the water is still wet

what ?

Right guys, i am close to getting the base of my 2000 army done for Kharadron overlords however i have 300 spare with no idea what to do with it.

I currently have an admiral, khemist, endrinmaster, 20 arkanauts, 5 thunderers and a frigate. With an ironclad 10 more arkanauts and 5 more thunderers left for a total of 1700.

I have a few ideas but im not set on any atm:

I can go fluffy and add a navigator and a gunhauler then ask my opponents if they're fine with fighting a 2020 point list,

I can go fluffy but within points limit with gunhauler and gyrocopter ally.

I can get some endrinriggers and be underpointed.

Or i can get allies from fyreslayers or dispossesed.

From my fellow duardin players what would you go for?