The moon was struck by a giant asteroid a millennia ago

>the moon was struck by a giant asteroid a millennia ago
>the resulting crater still glows red with lava

Really? I haven't noticed. This seems like something you'd learn in school.

milleniUM

I mean... you didn't? Dude it happened in 2025 When Lance Nielstrong Armman went to the moon to blow it the F**K up with meteors with the intent of terraforming it for Mole-moon men and Lava people and crickets n shit.

None of that happened. /b/ surely is getting worse by the day

I thought he was trying to kill the moon Jews

This is Veeky Forums ya dingus

>>the resulting crater still glows red with lava
What's heating the lava?

Love.

Why not the rest of the moon? Love is being a fickle bitch.

residual heat from the impact I presume.
An impact big enough to create a crater that size is going to liquifiy a large portion of the moon which isngoing to take a while to cool down since its only real way to transfer heat is radiation.

>millenia ago
Nothing is heating it, it just didn't have the time to cool down.

If there's enough it might last a while. The lunar surface may have been molten for more than 100 million years. That was a rather bigger impact since it completely disrupted the Earth and the Moon. I don't know the feasibility of the case in the OP though. It'd be a much smaller impact, but it also only needs to last thousands of years rather than millions.

>The lunar surface may have been molten for more than 100 million years

Imagine if this had been during the human period. Great fiery moon at night.

>its only real way to transfer heat is radiatio
No it isn't. There's a massive non-molten part of the moon that all of the heat can be conducted to.

Neat

As long as it's not affecting the tides or appearing alongside signs of the Elder Gods, we'll be fine.

It won't effect the tides.

Radical

fuck off, retard

>No it isn't. There's a massive non-molten part of the moon that all of the heat can be conducted to.
The moon is a harsh conductor

It'd be awesome but the one problem would be the Earth's surface would also be molten since this was a result of the Theia crashing into the Earth and forming the Moon. (assuming the giant impact hypothesis is correct)