Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What's the best non-standard paladin you've seen?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/PUMYw1zC
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lkff?Starfinder-Adventure-Path-News
spheresofpower.wikidot.com/truenamer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What do you mean by non-standard? What do you consider standard in the first place? In terms of build? Or in terms of character background?

Any leaks for Disciple's doctrine?

Paizo just doubled down on Starfinder APs
They are going to be monthly too

Do you have a link to an announcement of such?

paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lkff?Starfinder-Adventure-Path-News

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Pathfinder
>Times Available (with timezone!)
Weekends either 8PM+ GMT or 3PM+ EST.
>Voice/Text
Text
>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)
Discord and Roll20.
>Contact Info
Sahuagin#0687
>Additional Notes
Straight up ERP game with some fetish stuff and probably some vanilla too. We're still looking for one more player to join.
Just DM me if your interested.
A good mix of story, combat and role-playing are what make these things fun.
Plz no autism.

>So what can you expect from our first monthly, three-volume Starfinder Adventure Path, debuting in August? It's the Against the Aeon Throne Adventure Path, which pits the heroes against the might of the tyrannical Azlanti Star Empire! To succeed, the heroes must liberate a Pact Worlds colony in the Vast from Azlanti occupation and infiltrate the Star Empire to rescue captive Pact Worlders from imprisonment. At the same time, the heroes will need to prevent the Azlanti from getting their hands on an experimental piece of technology that could shift the balance of power in the galaxy!

>The first Against the Aeon Throne adventure, "The Reach of Empire," hits store shelves and paizo.com in August, followed by a new volume every month. Do your heroes have what it takes go Against the Aeon Throne?

I'm disappointed it's got aeon in the name but probably has nothing to do with Aeons. Actually, I don't know if Strange Aeons did either, but I doubt it. Anyway, what do you guys think of this announcement? It sounds pretty bland to me, but I was never interested in the Azlanti Star Empire in the first place.

>Actually, I don't know if Strange Aeons did either, but I doubt it.

There was an advanced bythos aeon as a one-off encounter in book #6.

Aeons are kinda passive outsiders

Dispassionate kuudere Aeon waifu when?

Shouldn't they be tsundere since they embody opposites?

You bring up a valid point, but that just means the kuudere needs to be really passionate with her lover as an opposite to her normally dispassionately cold, calculating manner.

A tsundere outsider waifu would be better as a demon or possibly devil. The genki girl would be a protean, and you'd also have an elemental of some sort that's just a slut since elementals are all about primal nature.

What would an aeon of hope and despair be like?

Strange Aeons didn't have anything to do with aeons either unless you count the definition of "ever existing supreme deity being unknowable" definition of aeon.

"Don't worry, there is always a light at the end of a tunnel. Or spiders. I don't know."

No, I don't. I didn't think Strange Aeons had anything to do with Aeons. I just get disappointed at how undeveloped Aeons- all outsiders outside of devils really- are. Like hell, forget another setting guide book for a small nation no one cares about, can't the outer planes get setting guides? Without having to share the book with all the other planes?

Well there's book of the damned for every evil outsider there is

And that was good, but there are so many other outsider races and planes.

There's gonna be a book in Axiom in the Taldor AP so you might get some inevitable ecologies with it

Pathfinder is just bloated with way too many "outsider races" each with CR-based hierarchies and CR 21+ overlords, right?

Does Pathfinder really need to be bloated with outsider races like manasaputras and asuras? Why not take the concepts used in those niche races, and use them to expand the lore of other outsider races? Quality over quantity, you know.

>3.PF
>quality over quantity

I don't understand how your picture relates to your post, or what your picture is in general.

These are off the top of my head:

Druids without spellcasting
Shapeshifter (Ranger), or any Ranger with the Natural Weapon combat style
Barbarian with the Beast Totem rage powers
Alchemist with the Feral Mutagen discovery
Feral Hunter
Feral Champion (Warpriest)

What about a wolf someone cast Awaken on?

What about it? An Awakened wolf might not be able to change it's shape to a humanoid under the listed archetypes.

Who do you think will get into Student council of thieves! Since that game isn't a fucking bamboozle!

Nobody cares.

Clearly someone does.

>look around on the Spheres wiki for shits and giggles
>find this spheresofpower.wikidot.com/truenamer
>give it a quick glance over
>it's a truenamer that doesn't suck

Anyone ever play around with this? I loved the idea of truenamers back when I played 3.5 but they were literally unplayable. This one seems to be pretty good.

I need some advice. We are currently planning to switch our characters for new ones. I'm planning to have my main as a Slayer bowman/lancer, and run a second character that would be an armor-clad Inquisitor. The rest of the players are making a Barbarian, and a Musket-wielding Gunslinger. What other classes would you recommend to complement the group? lvl 6

What's the deal with bladebound magus/kensai builds? I don't really see what makes them better than taking one without the other.

Bladebound is a cool and flavorful Archetype, but is somewhat weaker than vanilla. Adding Kensei onto it complements it and helps it be a bit more powerful

More options for kineticist when?

Investigator?

It's a meme build that's fun, it's not actually "better"

Bamboozles when?

I care!!!

Nobody cares that you care.

That guy clearly did

It looks like a sorcerer with unlimited casting, shit's kinda ridicolous but the flavour is fucking amazing

>post "game"
>vanish
You shouldn't do this right before sleeping

Tell me about the beguiler, it looks kinda fun and thematic, but I'm a little disappointed in how limp parts of it feel and by how a lot of archetypes are just sort of "meh". Brigand was neat, but the pool of talents it has is so small (and most are so bad) as to be kind of laughable. I'm also not quite sold on some parts of it, especially how unlikely it is for a GM to okay it and the pdfs not being searchable.

My GM is refusing to let holy vindicator get bonuses on inflict spells.
Problematic, as i’m making an undead antipaladin.

Ideas for how to make him regret this decision?

Well it's meant for paladins, not antipaladins. And it's HOLY vindicator. You probably can't turn his head around it. Instead make Thean Gonist and kick everything the guy throws at you.

I guess I do too. Not much else to care about right now.

I wish they were like Aeons from thoth.

lets care TOGETHER

whats your favorite app user-chan

Is the Avowed's Aether Channel any good?

I forgot to mention Aegis.

yes, but you could target touch with Blade and get FREE REACH instead.

Hm... Probably Ciel? Ceil? I don't remember the spelling; the merfolk/drider one. I just think that's a really interesting way to do the dual identity concept!

How about yours?

I mean the archetype literally has provisions for evil.

Wtf were the devs thinking with Ultimate Wilderness? What a waste of money.

They tried to make a "newbie" friendly class but then also made the class complete garbage compared to every other martial in the game.

Hi guys, I'm rolling a new character and am looking for a fun, gish-y tank build that survives playing intercept, but has other options in non-combat scenarios (ie. not, say, a Paladin or Fighter). I also played a Warpriest for a while, and I'd like to try something new.

I'm eyeing the geokineticist, which operates on Con and can clearly get its AC pretty high, while providing other options in combat and out of combat. But the criticism I see is that the class simply isn't very good. Does anyone have any experience with Kineticists? It seems very hard to judge how they actually play, when reading the class.

Another build I was maybe thinking about was an Unchained/Qinggong Monk. Those can be pretty tanky, right?

Thanks guys.

There's no need for this, when /pgg/ exists.
The game isn't big enough for its own general.

1) It sustained its own general for ages before /pgg/ happened.

2) I think /pgg/ is the right idea, but if you look at the catalog right now, there's the small problem of there not BEING a /pgg/ at the moment.

OINK OINK PGG.

Literally fucking nobody plays Starfinder
It's like having a fucking Burning Wheel general

>It sustained its own general for ages
It fucking died.
>there's the small problem of there not BEING a /pgg/ at the moment.
Because the literal faggot who made this OP(he was shitposting about calling her a boy last thread) sniped in with a /pfg/. It's still /pgg/ either way.

when has /pgg/ ever talked about starfinder

On occasion.

>5e putting out nonstop hits. Volos. ToA. XGTE, etc.
>Pathfinder putting out farts like Starfinder and Ultimate Wilderness.

RIP in peace Paizo.

>Because the literal faggot who made this OP(he was shitposting about calling her a boy last thread) sniped in with a /pfg/. It's still /pgg/ either way.
This thread was made on page 2, too.

absolute cuckery

Never, which is why /pgg/ is completely pointless.

Figures. Why did people just go along with that?
The guy tends to pull bullshit like that, along with oddly passive aggressive bullshit like "New thread?". You also get shitposts bitching about Pathfinder with him, like the one just above you.

It was made in Chink-cuck prime time, which is when all the /pfg/-forcing, anime threads tend to thrive. Not enough decent folks online to force the issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions for slayer gestalt? I haven't played pathfinder in some years and with all these new classes and psychic abilities i'm honestly hoping to get a run done or suggestion on what goes well with it other than "wizard or sorcerer"

It does, just very rarely.

Volo's is a fucking shitfest because it broke one of 5es rules specifically to shit on kobolds.

Volo's a hack.

any int-based class
wizard is still the best but you can do something like a psychic

From the glance I had the psychics are pretty much a wizard expect brain powers?

more like a sorcerer
and relatively weak for a paizo 9th-level caster

>Does anyone have any suggestions for slayer gestalt?
As with many martials, pretty much anything can work with Slayer if you really wanted. As for actual suggestions?

>Occultist can work as you can skip needing Trappings of the Warrior's BAB boost in favor of an archetype, or a different Panoply entirely, and your Slayer Talents help it stop being starved for feats
>Magus is a decent choice depending on your desired flavor, since you patch up some of the Magus and Slayer's weaknesses with eachother, and there's some fun shit you can pull via archetypes
>Vigilante is good and has a ton of variety to work with, especially with Legendary Vigilantes open
>I'm not a fan of most of the 9th casters so I can't help you there

SM Paladin of some god, he loved going around in black leather armor, wielded a whip, and since his vow of chastity forbade him from sleeping with women he exploited the loophole of reforming wicked female monsters with sex.

You could do a Crossblooded Psyhic/Sage Sorcerer and have the same thing with a better spell list.

That still sex so oath broken after the first time his Holy Avenger ascended from his pants to ignore that DR 15/Holy and Piercing of a demon.

To answer OP, got into a gestalt game and played a paladin/skald. Really good synergy between the two classes. Kept my party buff and stuff.

You can't Crossblood Wildblood
> wicked female monsters with sex.
I assume female monsters would also fall under the category of "woman" user in a fantasy settings.

Paladin into Shadowdancer.

It's the same as using the loophole of "no men under arms" to raise the Sororitas.

Spheres of Power/Might question. Does the telekinetic sphere work with the barrage and sniper spheres?

> No, because the archetype rules say none of the alternate class features can replace or alter the same class feature from the class as another alternate class feature. Because the crossblooded and wildblooded sorcerer archetypes both alter the bloodline arcana and bloodline powers, they aren't compatible archetypes.

> Note that it is certainly within the GM's purview to allow this combination. However, the character should not be able to use the crossblooded archetype's ability to select a lower-level bloodline power that was replaced by the wildblooded archetype. For example, a wildblooded brutal (abyssal) sorcerer replaces "strength of the abyss" with "wings of the abyss" at 9th level; the character has "paid" for the wildblooded archetype by giving up "strength of the abyss," and can't use the crossblooded bloodline to select "strength of the abyss" as her 15th-level or 20th-level bloodline power.

Sounds legal enough if the DM and player aren't retarded enough to think that Crossblooded would allow them to take powers that a Wildblood took out. Granted that's up to table variance.

If you're talking about a psychic? That seems about right. Does it combine well with arcanist though? As I haven't seen the class in action, but I have heard it makes wizards or sorcerers seem derp?

If i'm honest I don't quite get the Occultist general features that much. As for the Vigiliantes...I should see how that class actually is.

By what definition.

I haven't played an Arcanist myself, but there is an archetype called Blood Arcanist which grants a bloodline, so you could take Psychic Bloodline through that and still be Int-Based with psychic spellcasting. Looks like you'll have fewer casts, but a better HD/BAB.

If you're going to bypass "no men under arms" by twisting "no armed personnel" into "no male armed personnel" by emphasizing the gender component, then you can bypass "no sex with women" by twisting "no sex with females" into "no sex with female humans".

That one actually isn't too farfetched, seeing as there's actually a couple Paladin archetypes that deal heavily with stealth and shadows.

With the magic item creation rules, what caster level do you put into the formulas?
The formula being Spell Level x Caster Level x (Insert gp cost). Just seems kind of weird that if I high level player wanted to create something that casts a 1st level spell would cost more than if a level 1 character was creating it. So I assume it's supposed to be the effective class level for that spell.

>If i'm honest I don't quite get the Occultist general features that much.
Occultist has a steep as hell learning curve, but once it clicks it's got some REALLY good stuff going for it. Compare to Kineticist, where the there's a learning cliff and once you climb it you're just left with a pile of shit.

Vigilante's mechanics are good and its archetypes and talents (vigilante and social) provide you a TON of flexibility and not-gamebreaking-utility, but your mileage may vary for the actual fluff, as well as the usefulness of the Dual Identity Gimmick. Some GMs also have an obnoxiously negative reaction to the DI gimmick and ban the class just for that, despite it being super easy to ignore.

Scratch what I said about HD/BAB, just double checked. Same as a WIzard/Sorc, but you get Arcanist class abilities.

Maybe I'm an idiot but the ability of Kineticist to shit out big damage ranged attacks is very appealing. I know kineticist is fairly eh beyond that but could you break down why for me? Similarly why Occultist gets good.

Oh my god. I've been playing to much 5e. I forgot spells become more powerful as you level. IGNORE ME

Ignoring the female pronoun because Paizo just puts them there regardless of whether or not it actually is sex restricted:

A chaste paladin proves her purity by way of her action and her abstinence from romantic activities.

That there says abstinence which means no sexual activity whatsoever.

Unless we are talking about a fluff or homebrew oath then that loop hole could exist, but using the mechanical loop hole pretty clearly says "No sex or romance" right there.

> Vigilante's mechanics are good and its archetypes and talents (vigilante and social) provide you a TON of flexibility and not-gamebreaking-utility, but your mileage may vary for the actual fluff, as well as the usefulness of the Dual Identity Gimmick
There's a real good build for a Halfling Sniper using Teisatsu, but the social identity stuff lends pretty much nothing to it, save for maybe a getaway disguise.

It wasn't the actual oath of chastity, mind. Just a fluff thing. I looked at the code of conduct for that one and it's ironclad. Probably why he didn't take it.

>Maybe I'm an idiot but the ability of Kineticist to shit out big damage ranged attacks is very appealing.
If you're gestalting with slayer, I suggest you pick up a longbow instead. Fuck, you could gestalt Slayer with a Hexcrafter Arcane Archer Magus and laugh your way to the bank. Kinetic blasts are fucking peanuts, but someone more intimately familiar with the class will have to do a full breakdown for you. I had looked it over, but I purged my brain of most of the details after I concluded "this is too much information to remember in order to do too little".

>Similarly why Occultist gets good.
First off I hope you like elves/half-elves, because you NEED the elf FCB for +1/2 level to focus. That out of the way, focus powers are a grabbag of great things that let you stretch yourself out, resonant powers are (usually) a nice passive boost if you invest in it, and your spell list is alright. Divination implements are fucking GOAT if you want to be scouting, too.

I'm not the guy who asked about gestalt advice, but thanks.