Monster Hunter In 40k Cont

First thread went well-enough, so why not another? Just like last time, the world of MonHun has been directly transported into the 41st Millenium. What changes would stem from this, if the various factions even took notice of it?

link to previous thread?

Directly transported.

I thought it was a lost part of the Imperium that went crazy into genetic manipulation, techno shenanigans and some warp fuckery before getting almost destroyed during the Age of Strife and only now having been found again, with Inquisitors going nuts if the planet should be kept for it's natural resources or if it should be Exterminated.

Being transported makes me think about that Paul W. S. Anderson movie ...

>I thought it was a lost part of the Imperium that went crazy into genetic manipulation, techno shenanigans and some warp fuckery before getting almost destroyed during the Age of Strife and only now having been found again, with Inquisitors going nuts if the planet should be kept for it's natural resources or if it should be Exterminated.
If the MH World was a part of the Imperium prior to the Age Of Strife, they'd probably have bigger problems to worry about than Chaos or the Nids.

I mean, I thought it was just a normal world that became the MH world while stranded from the rest of the Imperium and somehow managed to stay alive despite the crazy stuff that happened there.

There was this idea of having the Elder Dragons as Warp entites. I hate this idea because I'm a huge nerd when it comes to the biology of the monsters in Monster Hunter and how it has a theme of discovery and bringing down legendary creatures only to find out that there is a scientifical explanation for their bizarre abilities.
But on the previous threads people would insist in following the ludicrous legends and item descriptions from Monster Hunter and make them daemons or something.
I think it could be something in between, Elder Dragons are powerful creatures but are still animals and then some individual ones become tainted.

>But on the previous threads people would insist in following the ludicrous legends and item descriptions from Monster Hunter and make them daemons or something.
The ludicrous "legends and item-descriptions are supported in-game however. What with Dalamadur creating stars and it's Shattered Omens being stars called down at its behest, and the stuff about Fatalis' return being infinite having support from both the mainline games AND the spinoffs such as Frontier (which is actually the biggest example of MH Lore thus far). So yeah, there's a lot of stuff supporting the Elder Dragons being something decidedly unnatural, in every way shape and form.

Are there regular size weapons?

Stars don't shatter nor can they fall on planets, those are legends.
It's just like IRL legends.

Lightings are thrown by a buff omnisexual greek god or are the clopping of the goats that pull the charriot of the god of thunder.
What? Eletical charges caused by the interaction between large masses and large moving clouds of dust and ice, get out of here, don't you know the lore?

This "lore" is just how the primitive population describes the fantastical events they can't comprehend.

If they saw a Space Marine they would actually believe them to be Angels of Death instead of transhuman soldiers.

Some bowguns are pretty much the size of a huge Bolter and the "smaller" swords are already pretty huge.
People from Monster Hunter have a bit of a Catachan way of thinking when it comes to weapons, but that makes sense since given the kind of things that they hunt.

A few weeks ago some anons started to speculate if the Capcomians (the people from the Monster Hunter planet) would even be the same size as baseline humans.
They have inhuman strenght and constituition and are probably Abhuman. Since in game we only see things on their world it could be that they are as tall as Astartes or Eldar and transhuman in nature.

If normal humans were to show up they may look like halflings near the Capcomians, which would mean that the weapons that are already large would even larger.

Take a look at some of the "smaller weapons"

>This "lore" is just how the primitive population describes the fantastical events they can't comprehend.
user, the Wyverians are the ones who run most of the major tech-shops on the MH World, and I can guarantee you that they know their shit. They can literally develop tech and weaponry that the Imperium would quite likely kill people over. They can almost certainly tell when something is blatantly, flagrantly flying in the face of all known physical law had understanding.

>If they saw a Space Marine they would actually believe them to be Angels of Death instead of transhuman soldiers.
Highly unlikely, given that Hunters are basically the exact same thing, but better in almost every conceivable way. Also, in regards to the Elder Dragons;
World has literally revealed that upon death, all Elder Dragons dissolve into some form of supernatural "bioenergy" that flows through the veins of the earth, before eventually crystallizing deep beneath the planet's crust. Also, there are apparently alien Elders who not only harness this stuff as fuel for their own power, but are actually -made- almost entirely out of raw Elder Dragon "essence"

>Hunters are basically the exact same thing, but better in almost every conceivable way

Hunters are crazy but lets not masturbate too furiously now. They're the same PHYSICALLY, but Hunters don't have redundant organs, nuclear powered armor, or centuries of training.

Bowguns are basically bolters though

>supernatural "bioenergy"
So they are literally warp fuckery

You see what you just did? You explained the "supernatural". Now it isn't supernatural anymore, it is natural.

I can believe that the Elder Dragons have some kind of fantastical property but it is still in universe science, I can buy all of the incredible bullshit they do, but there will still be an in universe explanation for it.

If we are going to smash 40K and MonHun together, fine, the Warp did it, we can roll with that, but the inconsistent parts of the item descriptions and folk tales sometimes need to be cut out.

Dragons that bring storms in it's wake and control the winds, floating moutain dragons that have forests growing on it's back and colonies of insects growing on it's insides, all of this is cool. Even the Dire Miralis weapon that posses those that use them can be a warp thing.

But having dragons bringing down "shattered stars" and ending the world on whim while at the same time dying because four dudes poked pointy sticks at it's knees is just incinsitent, it's exagerated folk legends and salesman propaganda to make you buy that cool lance made out of the monster bits.

The Equal Dragon Weapon fits the whole bioenergy stuff, since it was a cyborg that literally killed and consumed the life of others to keep going. It fits the lore, and guess what, it is explained, it is real in universe and it was an abomination made with science in universe.
Even if it is Warp energy, it's still an explanation.

In early lore, Warp creatures weren't inherently demonic. Chaos and the Warp has been flanderized and wanked gradually over time. So it's possible there are warp tainted/afflicted/changed beasts, altered by millenia is a storm or reality pocket. They could even be simplistic forms of unaligned spirits made manifest - it would explain why they're no longer in the Warp, the ancient aliens trapped them in the Material using the Mon hun world as a shell. user notes there are entities that use Dragon Juice as fuel/life force.

So:
>An ancient xenos race sucks the non-aligned primordial spirits out of the warp
>anchors them to monhun world via it's core, bio-engineers shells for them
>the whole planet itself is a psuedo-warp ecosystem
>Could even be an ancient Slaan project when they were still dicking around
>Humans crash land/colonize world during DAOT, become enhanced through entering the warp fucked ecosystem

Also consider Caliban, which was a feudal world where knights fought dragons and other huge beasts, and it's many knights would go on to become "Pseudo-space marines" when the Emperor discovered it.

>They're the same PHYSICALLY, but Hunters don't have redundant organs, nuclear powered armor, or centuries of training.
They DO have function dicks and working sex drives though, enabling them to have proper families (with kids who likely gain similar abilities had skill-sets like them), and they aren't heavily brainwashed/grossly indoctrinated, hyper-autistic murderous manchildren with power armor. I think that makes them better than the Space Marines simply on principle.

Also, the whole armor thing is debatable, considering the crazy shit that Hunters regularly wear as armor. Epsecially given some of the lore and item-descriptions.

That's the thing though. It isn't explained. At all.
None of this explains how Dragon Blight works or how any of the shit from Frontier works, or how even some of the more 'normal' Wyverns work. There isn't any "science" that would function well regarding the Elders or their kin, and trying to fit them all into some broad, all-encompassing "scientific explanation" is infinitely more likely to just blow-up horrendously in your face.

>redundant
i don't think you know what that word means.

ENGINEERING
(of a component) not strictly necessary to functioning but included in case of failure in another component.

Don't you fucking sass me, Nathaniel Webster. Space Marines have REDUNDANT backup organs.

>trying to fit them all into some broad, all-encompassing "scientific explanation" is infinitely more likely to just blow-up horrendously in your face.
Don't underestimate the Wycademy.

PERFIDIOUS ELDAR, I KNEW YOUR ILK MUST BE AT THE ROOT OF THIS

aren't knight worlds basically just monster hunter worlds, just replacing oversized weapons with giant robots?

I like the idea that there's a 4 man taskforce of Capcomians who are used to fighting Gore and Shiggy Magala releasing the frenzy gas onto a planet to come and clean up.

Thinking about it a Campcomian fallen to Khorne would probably be insanely difficult to defeat.

The Wycademy are probably the only ones insane enough to try and directly test Elder Dragon materials to figure out how to better classify and combat them.

Eh, Wyverians may *look* like Eldar from a first glance (especially to Space Marines or other Imperials), but they don't really have any of the traits that make the Eldar so horrible to deal with. Nor do they have the whole "Needs mystical artifact on person at all times or otherwise get eaten upon death by cosmic horror born of own rampant hedonistic degeneracy" thing.

Wyverian, Troverian, Capcomian and maybe even Felines and Chacalaca might just be abhumans in this setting.

We have Monster Hunter World now, can't we ignore this Frontier Chinese MMO Bullshit?

>Frontier
>"Chinese"
That's Online, and also, No. Especially not when the devs have said that Frontier is "just as canon" as any other entry in the series.

I don't even think that they are the same physically.
Capcomians don't have the deformed build of the Astartes and they certainly don't have those extra organs.

Since they are less broad and don't have the same mass, the Capcomians probably are not as sturdy as an Astartes and can't generate the same amount of muscle strenght, but since their limbs are longer and they are in a way also transhuman, they might be real close to what a standard Astartes can pull off.
Astartes have special ceramics grafted into their bones, the Capcomians probably don't have that.
But the Capcomians are not special just by themselves. Their planet is probably a huge part of the reason why they are so strong.

There are minerals in their planets that are stronger than steel and can resist contact with magma without melting. These minerals are absorbed by some monsters, causing their hide, claws and bones to become ridiculously strong.
Some of them can swim on lava and bones from long dead animals sometimes become part of the enviroment without breaking down.
Also, many monsters when carved will drop Machalite or Dragonite ores.
It could be possible that the abhuman living in this world also absorb these minerals, making them really rival an Astartes if that's the case.

The local flora and small fauna also seem to have special properties. The Capcomians themselves can't heal like an Astartes can, but by mixing herbs, shrooms and bugs they can make potions that grant a temporary healing factor. You can even make bullets using bug shells and nuts, almost as if every living thing there was engineered to be used as a war resource.

And on top of it all, they reproduce normally, so they might not be as strong as an Astartes, but they are way easier to make.
Capcomian Regiments would be very OP.

It is obviously made to please a specific crowd, the Japanese/Chinese/Korean MMO obsessed neet.
The devs may say that it is canon, but it still looks way different than the main series.

To me the main series is Word of God while Frontier is the folk myths, exaggerated versions of the truth.
It also looks like crap.

>To me the main series is Word of God while Frontier is the folk myths, exaggerated versions of the truth.
That's your opinion, and that's fine. Just don't be whiny about it when Elders start pulling raw bullshittery out of their asshole in the mainline.

>It also looks like crap.
Yes, but does that necessarily detract from the experience of the game itself? No. Anyone who judges a game solely by "looks" and not by the heart and soul that the devs have invested into it, likely do not deserve the right to play any game of worth.

>Yes, but does that necessarily detract from the experience of the game itself?
No, perhaps I was wrong on how I put it.
The way the game looks doesn't matter, we have been playing with PS2 assets mostly on tiny handheld screens for years, but I think looks like crap is some of the monster designs.

On one hand you have Raviente, or if you want to include Online, the Mephistophelin, they look exaggerated but they look like they belong, they look like formidable animals.
On the other hand you have things like Meraginasu, Eruzerion, Disufiroa, Harudomerugu, even the main series sometimes falls for it with the Zinogre, monsters that look weird when compared to the others, they look like they came straight out of a WoW knockoff or a cheap moba with all those spikes and colors and their weird super powers.

But sure it is just a matter of opinion and we should leave this kind of discussion to /v/.

I think that we can all agree that most ludicrous aspects of Monster Hunter would fit pretty well with Warp stuff and that the Wyverian tech could be useful if not considered Heretech stuff.

Can an animal be made into a Servitor?

It would be interesting if the Mechanicus could make cyborg monstruosities out of the Capcomian fauna. They could rival some Daemon Engines when it comes to looks.

>Giving a Tigrex, one of the most notoriously aggressive and downright vicious things on the entirety of the MH World mechanical augments, in spite of its terrible ferocity and danger level
Nothing can go wrong at all with this plan.

I had a really good giggle with this and I needed it, thanks user.

I fear that turning them into (unless high quality) servitors would robb them off many traits that make them do dangerous.
Namely being ill tempered, cunning and cruel killing machines.

You'd be left with large animals, and I'm sure the mechanics already had plenty of those.

Yeah, you know why we don't have a bazillion different guns to shoot elephants and whales with?
Because our elephants and whales aren't in such a dire need of "getting shot in the face" as MonHun ones.

Even though the Tigrex is my absolute favorite monster in monster hunter, making an already temperamental and ferocious monster even more dangerous and powerful is an INCREDIBLY DUMB IDEA, even for the likes of cawl.
MAYBE the Nargacuga or other tigrex family wyverns that arent as berserking, but not the tigrex.

Though Salamanders marines might just be crazy enough to do something like this.Vulkan riding an Akantor would be pretty fucking epic.
And I can see Ravenguard riding nargacuga's.

also, monster hunter has actual chainswords in the Dual Swords weapon branch.

>as the first tyranids engage the Capcomian launches himself into the air with his staff
>spins around with his blade-stick like a crazy person
>he never comes down
My favorite part

Radical Inquisitor dealing with the remote world of Capcom-5, regarding the Mechanicus who are conflicted on turning the dangerous animals from the planet into Servitors

>We are already dealing with borderline Tech Heresy anyway.
>Just hardwire that Tigrex brain, set it to maximum rage, pump it full of Might Seed extract and drop it behind enemy lines.
>What? The Capcomian prefers to try to ride the beast without turning it into a Servitor?
>Inquisitor looks outside and the mad Capcomian kid is already on top of the now docile Tigrex
>We could use that ... but keep working the Servitor idea guys. That thing, armor plated and going berzerk would be sick

I like the idea of Astartes/Primarchs riding monsters.
If anyone is enough of a bro to tame an Akantor it would be Vulkan.

I thought the idea of turning them into armored cyborgs would be a cool way to make the Imperial reponse to Daemon Engines, but it sounds way to similar to the Equal Dragon Weapon. This kind of thing probably caused the fall of the ancient Capcomian civilisation.
Maybe it would be better to not do that.
Or have a few of these Heretech monsters be villains controlled by some crazy heretech Mechanicus who despise Chaos but still want to break away from the restrictions of the Imperium.

>Play monster hunter worlds
>Beat elder dragon with 30 cannon balls

Yeah, that's full of shit.

What is a good MH game for a guy to start with, having not played a single one before?

>Implying said Elder was even beaten
Took a Dragonator straight to the chest and shrugged it off, senpai. Was also heavily weakened beforehand.

Monster Hunter World

Monster Hunter World for PS4 and XBone is the best.
If you don't have a console but hava a 2DS/3DS, you can try Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate or Monster Hunter Generations (Generations is better but 4 Ultimate has a better flow with tutorials and story)
There's also Monster Hunter Double Cross, it's Generation expanded but it was only released in Japanese for the 2DS/3DS and Switch.

You could play older 3DS, PSP or even PC games, they are clunky and outdated, but if you have patience they will give an idea of the Monster Hunter feel.

On an different note, does anyone have the stats for Capcomians and Felines?
A few weeks ago a cool user came up with rules for them as regiment units but I didn't save it because I assumed he was going to compile it on a PDF.

We do it.
We can kill it.

At least in the WH40k universe you can ... actually, you kinda have to, have some monsters with magical properties or as Warp entities, but that doesn't fly in the MonHun universe.
Even the mountain coiled snake that shoots atomic breath, has a nuclear reaction going inside it's chest and pulls meteors down from orbit is not a god.

But say, if Capcom-5 had a lot of warp phenomena going on but only recently got the attention of the Ruinous Powers, which monsters would each god try to corrupt?
A White Fatalis could turn into a Slaanesh Daemon but what else?

Threadly reminder the world should be called some permutation on Minegarde, not "Capcomia"

Exactly.

Visengarde V?

>But say, if Capcom-5 had a lot of warp phenomena going on but only recently got the attention of the Ruinous Powers, which monsters would each god try to corrupt?
I'm not sure the Ruinous Ones could truly "corrupt" Elder Dragons, so much as the Dragons old throw their lot in with the Gods to fuck-over Humanity, but if we're going with which Draogns are more likely to side with whom, well;

>Fatalis: Either Khorne, or Slaanesh if we're talking about it's 'normal' forms. Tzeentch if you run with the theory of it being the one who lead the war against the Ancient Civ. White Fatalis works alone though.
>Yama-Tsukami: Probably Nurgle, if only for some of the gross shit it does on occasion. Maybe Slaanesh since they are both REALLY excessive. Yama-Kurai would definitely foster interest within the Plaguefather though
>Dalamadur: Sides with no one. The Great Serpent shall not bind itself to beings who cannot drink of the Cradle Of Life.
>Nergigante: Sides with Khorne only so that it can eat more powerful foes, along with the occasional Bloodthirster or two.
>Zorah: Sides with no one, but will aid Nergigante and by extension, Khornates.
>Disufiroa: This implies that the Lord Of Frozen Seraphim would work with it's lessers.
>Guanzorumu: Works with Khorne only to further it's own goals. Will regularly kill and eat anything that gets in it's way, be they 'ally' or foe. Intends to devour even Khorne himself one day.
>Nakarkos: Nurgle most of the time, but occasionally Tzeentch as well.

>Capcom-5

There he goes again.

Either way, it would save !Minegarde a lot of trouble if they weren't daemons and more Psychic Xenos, but their lack of technology and relative bestial natures prevents the Imperium from seeing them as a Xenos enemy

>Either way, it would save !Minegarde a lot of trouble if they weren't daemons and more Psychic Xenos, but their lack of technology and relative bestial natures prevents the Imperium from seeing them as a Xenos enemy
Eh, most Elders (and a good few of the 'normal' monsters) are too eldritch to properly be classified as Xenos. As well as being too fucking OP in the cases of World's Elders along with Frontier and Online.

Some Xenos are ridiculously powerful, and making them psychoactive, along with giving !Minegarde a World Spirit in the vein of Exodite worlds, or Fenris, would explain a lot.

It would be weird for 40k, but not impossible.

Emperor's mercy, these Elder Dragons sound like a bunch of mary sues, this is worst than a bad 40k fanfic

Why? Isn't Minegarde suposed to be the capital city?
Or is it like Maccrage with Maccrage Civitas?

I thought Capcom-5 was the name the Imperium gave the planet when it was found, maybe the people from the planet don't call it that way, kinda like Chogoris/Mundus Planus.

Eh, none of their abilities are sttaight-up written down in books or detailed with loads of badly-written exposition, actually. They simply have tons of utterly bullshi abilities and they then use said abilities to rape Hunters up the ass. Monster Hunter is pretty much a damn good example of a "Show, Don't Tell" series.

That's a good rock.

>your greentext gets capped and reposted
>someone actually even likes it
Yay.

Yes, the game is a good example of show don't tell, but ...
>Dalamadur: Sides with no one. The Great Serpent shall not bind itself to beings who cannot drink of the Cradle Of Life.
As if these tiny kaiju could resist the Ruinous Powers.

Until you show a monster from Monster Hunter creating worlds, taking over star systems, creating a hole in reality that is light years wide and drinking the souls of trillions of living beings, Chaos will still be the top dog.
Don't forget, show don't tell, using flavor text and descriptions is not a valid evidence of their power.

>Until you show a monster from Monster Hunter creating worlds, taking over star systems, creating a hole in reality that is light years wide and drinking the souls of trillions of living beings, Chaos will still be the top dog.
Perhaps so in the domain of their Immaterium and places touched by it, but do keep in mind we already have confirmation that Elder Dragons aren't bound to one world (at least, in the case of one species of Elder), so only God knows how vast their reach truly is. Also, Frontier and World Elders and their ilk shit on most Warp-Spawn simply because they aren't limited to needing a direct link to a dimension in order to truly express their power or even properly manifest. In that regard, they are leagues superior to Chaos because they can bring their full power to bear without any pesky metaphysical restrictions to hold them down.

Oh great, the chaos autists found the thread.

Minegarde is the name of the planet, but it was also the name of the first city in the first game

Calling it Capcom 5 is as subtle and smart as calling a Bloodbowl world Games Workshop 7. One, it implies more than there is, and two, it's fucking stupid

I still contend that Elder Dragons are psychic in nature, and attuned to the world's World Soul

Maybe the planet was an Exodite world before humans ran up in it. Geneforging and other DAoT stuff could have occurred to combat them, just like in the Monster Hunter lore

It really ticks me off when people say hunters are some post-apocalyptic war survivors of genetic modification. No one seems to remember that the wyvern war idea was just from concept art in a book filled with other unused concepts and just take it as canon

It's a fun little explaination as to why things are the wag they are. It gives a thoroughly ridiculous concept some suspension of disbelief. I don't laugh like I did when I was a kid when my Hunter falls seven stories to the dirt and runs off to smack a very angery pickle with a two ton slab of metal. In the back if my mind theres always this autistic bit of pseudo-lore that keeps my suspension of disbelief running.

It's fun

I understand that, but I guess it really irks me just because it's a video game first and a setting second, and the general agreement for explaining something video game-y is a small blurb found in unused concept art. Guess it's like someone using an unused concept idea to explain something like save files or the options menu

That "unused canon" is basically the only reason as to why Hunters can be anywhere near large magma-founts, or something of the likes of Zorah Magdaros and not immediately burst into screaming flames. It's also the only explanation as to how they can lug-around most of their weaponry and not have their bodies give out form the strain of it all.

Also ties pretty well into some of the old weaponry you can excavate and reuse. Every weapon type has at least something from an "ancient advanced civilization"

That brings up another good point. If some Wyverians and possibly even some Troverians can live to be hundreds, possibly a thousand years old, why are there no proper records of "ancient civilizations"? Don't get me wrong, I love MH and I've been playing since the PS2 but you just wonder about this shit over time. Frankly I've settled for "It's a video game" for a lot of explanations but thoughts wander sometimes

Also Tri's darkness mechanics were awesome. I was hoping they'd bring it back along with swimming but hey

Also "ancient weapons" for weapon types just recently developed, like that fuckin pizza cutter switch axe. Did that really not stick out to anyone else?

In universe it could be either that they know way less than they say, and make stuff up to fool everyone OR they are covering up the truth about the ancient civilization because it has ties to themselves.

They might have been on the side of the dragons on the ancient war, as the humanoid minions of the dragons, if the legends about the Elders Dragons are true, or they were the ones controlling the Elder Dragons.

In the game the second one is more likely to be the case, the war was between humans and their machines against genetically engineered wyverians with their bio-weapons.

In 40k the first scenario fits better, with the Elder Dragons being Warp entities, causing shifts in the world and mutating lesser creatures, possibly creating the wyverians. The Elder Dragons could have started the war in order to stop humans from spreading too much and destroying the ecosystem. They could be Warp entities made out of intention and instinct but unlike the ruinous powers, they don't have the parasitic nature of Chaos, working to keep and feeding off the balance of nature. Gods of Order, perhaps.

The Elder Dragons acting in bizarre ways, trying to destroy things for no reason could because they sense the danger the Imperium is to nature, or could be a sign of corruption, once the Imperium found the planet they may have brought some taint with it.

I may be autistic, but on one hand we have the Elder Dragons, Warp entities that are powerful but are limited to one planet, on the other hand we have the 4 Chaos jackasses who have control over thousands of planets and feed on the combined psychic footprint of the entire galaxy.
It is clear who is more powerful, the Elder Dragon just don't have enough psychic juice on a single planet to grow the size of a galactic entity.

What bothers me is that even the most powerful Elder Dragon can be killed and that makes them too weak.
If you want them to be on the level of Chaos gods, besides it not being possible due to the limited amount of psychic energy available on a single planet, the Warp Entity behind it all can't be the Elder Dragons that people hunt.

Take a Teostra for instance, it would be powerful like a Bloodthirster, but the god itself is more than that. You have the Teostra as a physical manifestation of a small shard of the real Teostra Warp entity, which is way more powerful than the normal Teostra.
The same would go for the other Elder Dragons, the Fatalis can destroy cities and bring kigdoms down but it is just a pawn of the God Fatalis.

You have small spawns of it's power with the real deal being a for real god, not something that can be killed and made into hats and pants.

You're basically right with the Fatalis, actually. A good chunk of its lore pretty much states that the thing is infinite and cannot be truly destroyed, no matter how much the Hunters try. It inevitably returns and it keeps coming stronger and stronger each time.

>In some legends about the Fatalis, there is a legend known by some as the Black Flame. This legend claims that the Second Coming of Fatalis is infinite. The Fatalis in this legend is quite different from the Fatalis seen in the other legends. This Fatalis is described to have six horns, a glowing blue chest, a short mane in between its spikes, bizarre fluids flowing through out its body, and the ability to control an element known as Black Flame. Black Flame is said to combine the elements Fire and Dragon together into a deadly combination. Despite both being combined together, Dragon seems to overtake this Fatalis's body, allowing it to do things not seen in other legends. This Fatalis is said to be able to send monsters running with a single flap of its wings. A creepy light coming from its eyes invites those it stares at into its dark depths. The fluids are said to have no exact weight and to be possibly caused by the Dragon Element. The very Dragon Element is said to be controlled by its horns. Its shell is impervious to strikes from weapons and has terrifying power inside of it, which could be unleashed at anytime. The scariest part about this legend is that not only is its strength far beyond the ones from the other legends, but its body shows signs of possible regenerative powers. This means that this Fatalis maybe able to regenerate after taking large amounts of damage, just like Dire Miralis can regenerate from its still beating heart. Thankfully, this legend hasn't been proven as of yet so the Guild has nothing to worry about.

I think the world is simply just post-post-apocalyptic.
The whole shit went down so long ago that the ruins we see are mostly aacepted as part of the landscape by the in setting people.
The biological weapons of the old war had alot of time to evolve into new forms and go fereal.

nah man, wasn't refering to the fact that elder dragons would loos every time to one of the big warp players.

More to the thing "muh chaos always win".
Because that shit gets tiring

So... Warp-tainted super beasts, some of them capable of being a match to Greater Demons or even stronger. Sounds pretty good to me.

The whole "Chaos is super speshul and has already won" is worse than anything Ward ever did, and i used to be a chaosfag. It's fucking awful.

Yup, that's what Monster Hunter looks like.

About landscape, it is crazy how no matter were you dig you end up finding a relic, and a bunch of the weapons that are made based on these old relics look futuristic or modern. The Rathalos Bowgun looks like a machine gun and the Rathian Bowgun looks like a sniper rifle, the Nibesnarf Charge Blade looks like a rifle with bayonet but whoever used the relic to make it assumed that the blade was the main thing and made the thing into a sword. And then there's the robot armor looks like something out of Dead Space. It's deliciously anachronistic.

I wonder if the monsters really did evolve at all.
I'm one of those insane people who try to discuss the lore and biology of Monster Hunter to the extreme. I even made an evolutionary tree for some monsters, but in the end it may be totally pointless since the monster might not have evolved but instead were created by either science or something else ... I still like to belive that they did evolve, at least a little. The monster really seem to fit the enviroment quite well.

Sometimes I think that CAPCOM has people fighting over the lore of Monster Hunter, with some science faggots trying to squeeze science into the game and edgy fantasy faggots that want to push OP DoubleGodMode+ things to the lore.

> That image
I love you user.

It's ok, I don't like the Chaos kids either, but I also hate when I see the same kind of "logic" being used to defend other things, like the Frontier kid in this thread turning cool monsters into Chardogons.

>This monster can end worlds, the Chaos gods are lesser beings to him
>If you kill it, it will come back stronger
>They have plans and goals and are not animals
>They are leagues superior to Chaos and have their own Warp better than the Warp

It's just the same kind of attitude, my toy is better than yours. It's a shame since the two settings really look like they could go together quite well, the world of Monster Hunter already looks like a forgotten colony of humanity, but we end up wasting most of the time discussing the flimsy lore of Monster Hunter instead of figuring out how to blend them together.

Not even a "Frontier kid", user. I just post the lore and stuff that's directly canon to the MH series as a whole. You might not -like- the the lore-stuff from games like Frontier, but even so, it's still canon for the rest of the franchise. I mean, if you really want me to, I could bring up stuff like Stories or Explore if you're THAT desperate for the "Frontier Wank" to stop.

just like there is no wolves on fenris, there is no cat on MonHun

on the "no evolution" front i would argue, does it really make sense to have multiple different variations of the same baseline creature as weapon ?
Now one might argue that the likes of azure rath are just better versions, but that would bring the question why there are still so many "inferior" versions around.

Both deserve a firm pimp-hand to guide them.

But i think that's a problem inherent with blind fandom. I mean i love MonHun, TTGL and tolerate warhammer. But from simple observation i can make a powerscale without getting my panties is a twist.
TTGL>Chaos Gods>Elder Dragons.
To the world breaking power i would add, WHY THE FUCK WOULD A PLANET BASED SPECIES EVEN NEED SO MUCH POWER ?
This is retarded and clearly flawd ingame narration where some scared cavemen saw an animal (Which is very powerfull) and went like "Oh no it can destroy the world !"

Hell, even if we take most main series descriptions seriously, the most powerful Elder Dragons (Dire Miralis, Fatalis, Alatreon, those guys) would be at best slightly stronger thn a Greater Daemon.

>Greater Daemo
As one who fought fatalis i can confirm, this dude is a bitch to fight and regulary forgets to die.

>To the world breaking power i would add, WHY THE FUCK WOULD A PLANET BASED SPECIES EVEN NEED SO MUCH POWER ?
>This is retarded and clearly flawd ingame narration where some scared cavemen saw an animal (Which is very powerfull) and went like "Oh no it can destroy the world !"
As has been before stated, the ones who observe and classify Elder Dragons are the fucking Wycademy and the researchers therein, the same group who have Wyverians capable of researching and developing ways to create fuck-over huge hammers with glowing cores of magma running through them. They would very easily be able to tell if some "mere animal" is capable of world-sundering shenanigans when it can cause the skies to darken and redden with clouds of raw Dragon Blight just by its mere presence, tear stars from the sky and send them down onto those who strike against it, can fire fuck-off huge laserbeams made out of an unholy fusion of ice and fire, can literally harness raw -sound- and use it as a weapon (and the Wycademy can do this as well, give that some weapons in certain games have "Sound" as their primary element), can suck the souls out of other cretuhres with just a touch, comes from fucking space and devours "bioenergy" to fuel itself or any other bullshit ability that Elder Dragons have. These people have personally seen what these things are capable of and know full-well what happens when they are left unchecked, and they spend all their time researching and analyzing and developing new ways to combat them. To say that they are just "Scared Cavemen Ah Bloo-Bloo" would be doing them a major disservice.

Yeah, i know. Fatalis is one mean son of a bitch. Whitalis and Tri!Alatreon are the bane of my existence.

>tear stars from the sky
Stop child, you don't know what a star is.