Warhammer 40000 general - /wh40kg/

Drukhari edition

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/26/new-codexes-factions-our-heroes-and-more-breaking-news-from-the-las-vegas-opengw-homepage-post-1/

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_imperiumisacuck,acuck!FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Daily Duncan:
youtube.com/watch?v=O1Sx7B5WnDo

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wjamhIPVvnI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for GENESTEALERS

>Rubrics and Scarab Occult got to cast actual spells for free
>Three tables
>Sorcs got actually useful aura
>other stuff
>birbs

So, did you like this release, TSonbros?

Need to see more of the Sons table. Right now it's hard as fuck to get Doombolt off with anyone except a full health magnus unless you blow CP on the rubric channeling.

Sagittarum when?
I'm *really* curious about their rules in 40k.

What's the difference between building a Vexillus praetor out of the normal custard box versus building one out of the Wardens box ?

None, though with the regular kit you'll have a hard time putting a spear/axe in his free arm, whil the warden kit doesn't have a shield for him to carry.

So, what's the possibility that we will see Thousand Sons or Slaanesh getting something new?

>WC7, unit is -1 to be hit
>WC6, +1 invu
>WC6, roll on Tzeentch boon table
>WC7, roll 9 dice, MW on 6
>WC9, D3 MW. halve target movement and they can't advance
>WC6, heal target for D3

Vect is all we need and he's being squatted. Wonder if they'll make Malys the new big boss and if they'll carry over her 5th ed rules.

Rapid Fire 1 S5 AP-3 D6

24" assault 3 Hbolters.

No difference except how it looks, in addition to robes, he Warden banner is more ornate

**Discipline of Change**

1. Tzeentch's firestorm. Same shit as CA.

2. Boon of Muttaion. WC 7. Character but not daemon targtted. Gets buffed by Boon of Tzeentch (the stratagem that can make you a daemon prince).

3. Glamour of Tzeentch. WC 7. -1 to hit on a unit.

4. Doombolt. WC 9. Enemy unit within 18", D3 MW, enemy half movement and can't advance.

5. Temportal Manipulation. Wc 6. Select TS unit within 12", heals d3.

6. Weaver of Fates. Same as CSM codex. add +1 to invuln, can't be better than 3+.

**Relics.**

1. Force Sword or Power. Does d3 damage. Str is doubled when facing Psykers or someone with Ld 9+.

2. Dark Matter Crystal. Previewed. Set up a unit again, doesn't count as falling back.

3. Helm. Needs battle forged. Roll d6, when enemy uses a stratagem. 5+ you gain a command point.

4. Coruscator. 12" pistol 3, Str 4, -2ap, D3 damage.

5. Aethanean Scrolls. Rolling double on psychic test, can't be denied. Still suffers perils, powers still fail on death from perils.

6. Prismatic Staff. Force Stave replacement. +2str, -1d, d3 damage. Can fall back and shoot+ charge in same turn.

**Magnus**

445 pts. (up 30).

Same profile otherwise.

Weapon profile is the same.

4+ invuln, ignores MW on a 2+ from perils.

Super smite is 11+ now instead of 10+.

Reroll hits of 1 and psychic tests of 1 in aura around him, no reroll invuln saves of 1 anymore.

Has access to 3 psychic disciplines. Knows 3, casts 3.

Yes to all three as long as the other Russes are CADIAN regiment keyword. If the other Russes aren't CADIA then Pask cannot order them.
>Knight Commander Pask can issue orders to a friendly CADIAN LEMAN RUSS at the start of your Shooting phase. To issue a tank order, pick a target LEMAN RUSS within 6" of Knight Commander Pask and choose which order you wish to issue from the table to the right. Each LEMAN RUSS can only be given a single order each turn.
Pask is CADIAN and LEMAN RUSS. He is within 6" of himself. He is friendly.
>Commander: This model can issue one order each turn to a friendly LEMAN RUSS at the start of your Shooting phase. To issue a tank order, pick a target LEMAN RUSS within 6" of this model and choose which order you wish to issue from the table to the right. Each LEMAN RUSS can only be given a single order each turn.
The Tank Commander is a LEMAN RUSS. He is friendly. He is within 6" of himself.
The same thing applies to a Tank Commander ordering another one. The other Tank Commander as long as he is within 6" of the ordering Tank Commander, he is a friendly LEMAN RUSS and thus eligible to be ordered.
Any officer with the VOICE OF COMMAND rule can order himself because he will be within 6" of himself, he will have the same REGIMENT keyword as himself and also have the INFANTRY keyword.
There is nothing in the codex that prevents a model using the Voice Of Command on itself.
reposted in new bread

>WC6, heal target for D3
>WC6, +1 invu

They can't bring back malys because they don't have modelling rights to her.

So I watched youtu.be/wjamhIPVvnI [Open]
And want to start an ODST-themed Scions army.
Where can I get half-face visor heads and suppressors?

>24"
what's the fucking point

**Stratagems**

Linebreaker. Same shit, vindicators.

Great sorc: select psyker, can attempt additional power. 1 CP.

Fire Frenzy. Same shit. Helbrute shit.

Daemonforge. Same shit. Daemon Vehicle shit.

Coruscrating beam. 3cp. Shooting phase, warlord doesn't move. Instead of shooting pick 2 points on battlefield within 9" visibile to him. Draw line. 4+ d3 MW, 5+ on characters.

Cabalistic Focus: 1cp, before starting psychic test. If at least within 6" of 2 other psykers, add 2 to the result.

Relics. 1cp for 1, 3cp for 2.

Killshot. Same shit. Predator shit.

Blasthemous Machines. Same shit. Ignore heavy on vehicle.

Warpflame Gargoyles. Seen it in preview.

Familiar. Swap power for 1cp. Any discipline.

Sorcerous Pact. 1cp. Roll 4 dice when summoning, no perils from it.

VotlW. Same shit.

Boon of Tzeentch. Same shit, characters kills something big... roll on buff table.

Webway infiltration. Previewed. CP to deep strike. 3cp for 2 units.

Soul Flare. 1cp. Aspiring sorcerer or scarab sorc is slain. Roll d6 for every enemy unit within 6". -2 for chars or vehicles. 4+ does a single MW.

Fated mutation. Previewed. Choose spawn table, reroll attacks.

Vengeance for Prospero. 1cp, fight phase. DTTFE trigger on 4+ against space wolves.

Flesh Change. Previewed. Swap character for a spawn.

Inferno Bolts. 1cp. Before battle. Select vehicle before battle, give a vehicle's combi bolter profile to be -2.

Baleful Vortex. 1cp. Use after vortex beasts resolves power. Roll d6, and it uses another power, this can be duplicate and always succeeds.

Cycle of Slaughter. Previewed. Fight twice with Tzaangor for 2cp.

Main gun 24-30" Assault or RF 3 or 4 S5 AP -2 D1-2
Underslung 24" Assault 1 or RF 1 S7 or 8 AP-3 Dd6 or D3

>Has access to 3 psychic disciplines. Knows 3, casts 3.
>the strongest psyker active in the universe is as good as his traitorous little bitch son

He's been nerfed basically.

If you make him your WL, he knows 4 though, and for a CP can cast a 4th.

Who the hell would want the Necron side if the other side gets a big robot?

What, gonna add in some triarch stalkers? lol

Has the book been leaked yet?

I want to bully Magnus with Sisters of Silence and Inquisitor Greyfax.

you watch, the cryptek is going to be super duper anti-vehicle

On the other hand, he has now 1/1000 to fail Smite, so there's that.
>T3 3+ unit vs dustboys

Good luck with that user.

Jesus Christ, the Drukhari codex is going to be a shithole. The best you can hope for is that when the Ynnari codex comes out, it'll patch up some of the holes in THAT codex.

>Aethanean Scrolls. Rolling double on psychic test, can't be denied.
Oh god its the flail from Talisman all over again

Look at Yvraine and tell me that wasn't Malys at some point in the design porcess.

>2A each
>Reroll to wound rolls in melee against psykers
>-3AP swords, D3 damage
>Safely hidden inside a Rhino while distraction Russes from IG allies provide fire fire support
They'll manage.

I want avatarfags to go and stay go

Stop that. Magnus is for NOTHING WRONG.
He didn't deserve to have his psychic mastery fucked with because people use him as a beatstick and warptimer.

GW has done everything they can to make sure nobody wants to play ynnari. Right now they don't really need more characters, they need points drops on their HQs, jetbikes, hellions, and taloi, and covens shit needs a huge buff to be usable. In addition, we need something to encourage running hybrid armies, since they're currently trying to split the army into 4.

So I've got a big dirty recast Leviathan that I painted in Space Wolves colours. I now wish to repaint it in Thousand Sons colours for their new codex, probably shiny preheresy red.
How do I strip it without melting it or damaging it? Any pointers?

Custodes? Like three days ago.
FW custodes stuff? Way too early, rumor has Q3 slated for the release.

>m-muh AP
>m-muh reroll while wounding on 5s

user, SoS do dick against Magnus.

simple green. Leave it in for a couple days. It strips the paint right off and doesn't harm the plastic.

>Q3
Lol no. Q2 at the latest

>Vect is all we need and he's being squatted.
Is he meme-ing or something? I keep reeading that shit.

If you paid attention you'd know. At LVO GW said that there's no Vect in the DE codex

they've confirmed vect isn't coming back.

How are new players going to know that?

They'll see the models each side gets and I can guarantee you most will go for the giant robot.

I mean maybe if they added a Monolith to the Necron side might help but that thing is so outdated and basically looks like a kids toy.

Nice, any chance you got a link?

Against Magnus himself, sure, but they can take care of his egyptian dustboys, even the termies.

They cucked Ynnari from the Index version, because they don't want Index armies to be overpowering their nice shiny new codexes. I doubt Strength From Death is returning to the old version, but I bet it's going to be reworked to be useful, and probably more useful than Battle Focus.

>doesn't harm the plastic.
B-but it's resin

How diverse do you think pirates are in 40k?

So you'd have some renegades of the Imperium which may potentially even include excommunicate Space Marines who haven't fallen to chaos, likely some dark eldar and some ork freebootas (as long as you're orky enuff)

I'm guessing the other races would't be happy to commit to either working with other races or just straight up piracy

well shit I dunno then.

Why not just make a fucking model for him and shut the DE players up already? Seems like the easier route then having them always bitch during a DE release when they continue to not add him.

I love SoS, but they overpriced garbage. You are better off spamming culexus

>but they can take care of his egyptian dustboys

If by "take care" you mean "get shoot off table", then sure. Rerolling their shit means little when dustbins will get 4++ against them, and you will be destroyed by birbs.

There's eldar outcasts, corsairs. Maybe harlequin pirates. Chaos pirates obv. Maybe even some shitty Tau pirates. I bet there's some necron pirates too

Straight up confirming that he's not coming should shut them up just as well

as it is now, there is 0 reason to run ynnari over drukhari, harlequins, or craftworlds.(even their index versions). They only have 3 models, their lore is shit, and there's nothing stopping you from soup-ing eldar without losing what makes them good.

a good half the army is still finecrap. I'd much rather get the rest of the army in plastic before giving us more named characters though we REALLY do need more identity.

They were talking about the new Codecis? Anywhere I could watch this?

Imma just post books, don't mind me.

Farsight Enclaves have been known to work as mercs. Can't find the source, but I think it mentioned them working together with freebooters att some point.

If you were in Las Vegas you could've. We just have live fed reports that people made at the event

They can make a chick with a fan and sword, they already did it once before... see Was said at the LVO stream that he's being killed off, no coming back. Seriously underwhelming end to a great character; a demon gate opens and he runs off leaving a sulky emo half demon loser to fix it, rather than the master tactician he is.

You and I as well as GW KNOWS that shit won't work.

Them going out and doing it says otherwise
Besides, who cares about some odd 4 people whining about a character not showing up

Well shit.

Did they say what they did with the Necrons?

In HH they are fucking terrible, but if you took their gun as is into 8th, while taking a look at the other custodes stuff, it'd actually be sorta neat. Roughly along these lines:
>Adrastus Bolt Caliver
(usual combi-weapon rules)
bolt mode: 30" S5 AP-1 D2 Heavy 3
deathray mode: 12" S5 AP-3 Dd6 Assault 1

>They can make a chick with a fan and sword
yes, but that character cannot be Lady Malys, thanks to the Chapter House debacle.

Same reason why they can't make the baron sliscus, duke sarthonyx, or khaerudrakh.

Best IH book I've ever read.

>zero reason

Sure that's why they're still topping tournament lists. There's no reason to go pure Ynarri but a detachment of Dark Reapers and Shining spears with associated support is still stomping tournaments, with support from craftworld alaitoc of course

They get dynasties as chapter equivalents, one apparently has an AP-1 trait
Also "they will work differently than in the index"

I know that, user. I only take them because they're cute.

What every book about an unknown Chapter should be. Definitely a must read imo.

>Still no Misercordia rule in 30k.
I am sad

It's not the best codex, but I can't say that I am not satisfied with what I've seen.
There is a lot of situational but fun stratagems in the book imo.

I'm probably gonna bring a Contemptor with two twin heavy bolters and slap inferno bolts in that sucker.

Greatbows vs stuff. Assuming 10 goats with Shaman buff.

>20 shoots, hitting on 2+, autowounding on 5+ for ten hits and 6.66 wounds
>vs T4 or lower 13 wounds for 4.33/6.5/8.6/11/13 damage against 2/3/4/5/6+ target
>vs T6 or higher 10 wounds for 3.33/5/6.66/8.4/10 damage against 2/3/4/5/6+ target

So that would be 5 damage on a Russ, or 6.66 damage on Drukari vehicles. Alternately, they would kill seven marines on average, assuming no cover. They cost 170ppm.

Also, they are Daemons so you could use that 1CP strat to swap shamans power for Flickering Flame so he can give them +1 to wound.

Since we just had the Custodes release, this one is also a must read. Features the purest couple of 40k.

Is this intentionally an inversion of that one rape diorama around the tank? It feels very similar

>Was said at the LVO stream that he's being killed off
...why? The great abundance of DE characters with actual personality is too much and needs to be culled? Can't be bothered to make a model of him?

IIRC, they were made by the same person.

Sequel coming around this year, just like Eye of Medusa.

it was introduced to me as a sequel to that one.

So change the names slightly and crack out updated fluff for each character. GW have backed themselves into a corner by continuing to use characters they can't create rules for in the fluff. They should have had Vect, Baron, Duke, Decapitator and Malys killed off during the Khaine Gate opening and some new, extremely similar characters take up their mantle in the chaos. Instead they just forgot 2 of them, made one of the few tacticians capable of going head to head with the emperor run and away and eventually die, made Malys perform a super coup so she can't be replaced, made Decapitator the grand saviour of the under-commeragh meanwhile Drazhar does fuck all, Urien hasn't been mentioned and Lelith is back on drugs and sucking off Ynarri cock.

Any help friends?

To be fair, that could open the door to another archon taking over as leader of Commorragh, like Vraesque.

Simple green is fine with resin as well.

If you're stripping plastic models don't fuck around with simple green, it barely works half the time and takes forever. Use 90%+ alcohol on plastic, it doesn't hurt it and strips in ~30 seconds.

Such a good novel. Wraight is quickly becoming my favorite BL author. His Custodes feel the most 'real' overall, compared to the other authors.

>Dark Eldar has no named characters
Wew

And finally, this one is still worth a read to know what's happening in 40k now, and the last Chapter alone is worth reading the whole book, thanks to Guilliman,s extremely well written hypotheses about Emp's divinity, which allow the fan to get whichever theory suits them AND to show why the Emperor acted like he did during the HH and sorta justifying it.

FAQ never.

Custodes Scan when?

Wait till you find out that Ahriman is still 131pts on foot. Fucker's too god damn good for his cost, shoulda been something like 153-162pts or the like.

What are your tips for playing Death Guard? What are the do's and donst's?

Wraight is gr9
Cant wait to see what he does next desu

they have 3, but one doesn't matter, one is now a traitor whore, and one is ???

>AND to show why the Emperor acted like he did during the HH and sorta justifying it.
would have been nice if the HH books hadn't been terrible to begin with.

>donst's
Get a hold of yourself, man

There are good books in there, don't see why one would just parrot the "dey all suckzes" maymay

Isn't that the dream though? Maximum your dudes

Well, Lelith joined the Ynnari, Urien is irrelevant and Drahzar is a ancient model that looks terrible next to more modern incubi, so it's not that far off.

Having a roving ship of merry races sounds like it'd be difficult for them all to tolerate each other, but they'll probably all have mutual interests to keep them going and they may even synergise quite well with each other.

Humans make the plans and control the ship, Eldar/DE hit and run to weaken defences while orks plow in with brute force to raid/board.

Is Culexus spam in theory a good counter to Custodes?
I mean the Custodes player does not want to have fun in the first place so why not make the game even more annoying?

great reading comprehension there buddy.
If the HH books had done a better job of portraying character motivation in the first place there would be no need for a retcon/justification.

That aside, yeah some were entertaining, but I really wouldn't call any of them good.
Cause they are not.

They are cheap IP bound pulp fiction and it really shows.

He and Haley are doing the Siege of Terra in its majority. Abnett is rumoured to do the end though...