This triggers the contrarian

This triggers the contrarian.

WHAT A TOTALLY NECESSARY POST

Just like the 5 pathfinder/3.5 hate threads in the last 24 hours.

>in the last 24 hours.
New huh? Sok we all were once. Lurk more

You can click the small minus symbol to hide threads you don't want to see. Like I'll be doing to this one.

Congrats on adding another shitpost to the shitpost heap. You must be proud of yourself

>most of the roleplayers on this board play D&D
>Veeky Forums gathers a disporportionate amount of contrarians because other sites would ban them

Is it really a shock that we have to constantly put up with shitposters who hate popular things? Just ignore their tantrums. They only do it because they are lonely.

>Just like the 5 pathfinder/3.5 hate threads in the last 24 hours.
The WOTC public relations department is apparently keeping track.

>we should play things because they are popular, not doing so makes you a contrarian!

>rather than discuss things we like, we should shitpost about things because they are popular!

>just shut up! criticism isn't wanted here! it interferes with our shilling of products!
>instead just do your own thing blindly and hope things will improve on their own!

Keep it coming. I love watching triggered contrarians do things like build strawmen and otherwise self-implode.
Tell me more about how making multiple threads just to shitpost about how much you don't like other people playing a game you don't like is just innocent and well-intentioned criticism.

I don't mind people playing and enjoying D&D. What gets me is when folks complain about problems that are very specific to D&D but get mad when you tell them the most obvious and easiest solution to said problems.

Yeah, using one of the many, many, many simple options and variant rules, both official and unofficial, to adjust the game to suit your personal tastes better.

Far better than steering them towards some inferior games purely out of a sense of system politics, rather than actually caring about the person and their specific issue.

>Keep it coming. I love watching triggered contrarians do things like build strawmen and otherwise self-implode.
And I love seeing people economically dependent on WOTC's success have to work for their monthly wage.

Is /pol/-tier shill arguments the best you can come up with?
Try again, kiddo. This time with a bit more effort.

I honestly can't stand the DnD hate threads, I love 4E

You're just bitching that people don't like DnD so I don't see why you would care about having actual arguments

This was a thread full of valid critiscism. I quite enjoyed taking in all the viewpoint in that thread, and generally found it full of pretty intelligent thoughts about why 3.PF is really suboptimal.

You, in opposite, seem to be literally the kind of 80 IQ 3.PF lover the other side like to caricature. I didn't think they really existed until now.

He's on WOTC's payroll, hired to attack anyone who bitches about D&D. The idea is to make enough of a fuss, so that other Anons just avoid these threads, thus drowning out any criticism.

That's probably not what's happening, it's just that modern DnD is part of his identity so he takes any attack on it as a personal affront

This triggers normal people, after all one of the top people says D&D is so autistic women can't play it due to its bloated rules and requiring a life of dedication reading about fucking elves to get the lore.

he says, posting a fucking toehoe image

An eye for an eye, a shitpost for a shitpost

Probably. And probably it's not really Disney shills who get called out on /tv/ for defending The Last Jedi. But they still get called out.

>when newfags don't know how to sage a shit thread
You're welcome, faggots.

If you're just memeing about him being a paid shill it's fine, it's kind of dumb if you believe it though

>You're just bitching that people don't like DnD

No, just the ones who spend their time bitching about it.
We're talking about not just a passive dislike. I even passively don't like D&D all that much (it's doesn't match my personal style), and I prefer other systems. However, I don't feel the urge to shitpost about it on a daily basis.

We're talking about shitposting contrarians exaggerating and focusing on flaws for the sake of attention and self-reaffirmation. Rather than discussing the game from a balanced and fair perspective that acknowledges the good aspects of the game that make it a common first choice among people who actually play RPGs, they treat anyone who likes the game as an idiot and declare their personal opinions as objective truths.

It's like the people in /v/ complaining about Nintendo or Sony (or consoles vs. PCs, etc.) because they own the other. It's just shitposting all the way down.

I've given up on Veeky Forums I've seen too many bad threads reach the bump limit so I've stopped trying

Weren't you shilling 5E as a universal system earlier? Or are you a different user?

Really? That's your response?
No. I'm not that user.

Now, how about you stop shitposting already.

I'm not attacking you, I'm just trying to figure out what your opinion is, I don't want to assume you hold certain opinions when you don't

>I'm just trying to figure out what your opinion is

"System war shitposting is bad. It's even worse when the trolls try to pretend they're not just system war shitposting."

I'm interested in an honest discussion about what different systems do and I think it's unfair to assume that everyone who argues about this is just trolling, that being said these threads are never productive so I get where you're coming from

I don't believe it but I wouldn't rule out someone working at WOTC posting here either.

You realize that these threads can be sabotaged by people who don't want threads that criticize a certain game to be productive? Just throw in one or two posters who call all legitimate criticism stupid and the posters behind them shitposters and the whole thread goes downhill, making other Anons avoid them.

>it's unfair to assume that everyone who argues about this is just trolling

For fuck's sake. Not everyone who argues is just trolling.
But, you're going out on a fucking limb in an attempt to defend pretty obvious shitposters.

You honestly think this sort of person comes here for anything except to express a single-minded, biased viewpoint fueled entirely by contrarian rage?

>contrarian
For starters, that's an argumentum ad populum. A logical fallacy. Embedded in a more general ad hominem fallacy, of course.

A thread died for this.

Argumentum ad populum doesn't apply when what we're discussing is directly a matter of taste and popularity. This is something so basic, it's embarrassing for you to make such an error.

No, that's not correct. In entertainment and art, some things can be argured about more or less objectively. It's intellectual laziness to claim: ah, it's all a matter of taste only. And since it's all a matter of taste and this is the most popular game, it's good and right and true.
That's an ill-conceived attempt to shut down debate.

>some things can be argured about more or less objectively.

But most are to be argued subjectively, including something as nebulous as the overall quality of something so dependent on personal experiences as a roleplaying game.

More importantly, what we are discussing is people who are shitposting about a game solely because it is popular.

There are worse games. They receive almost no attention, because they are not popular enough to warrant the contrarian's attention.

So, please, stop pretending that your shitposting isn't blatant and obvious, or that your biased criticisms are a part of valid debate when they're being made solely out of contempt and without ever giving pause to consider the opinions that differ from your own. The mark of the shitposting contrarian is the nature in which you are willing to assemble the strawman of "it's popular, so it must be good", when the statement is in fact "It's popular, that's why it upsets you so much."

You like to look down upon the masses who disagree with you because they disagree with you, and you will gladly belittle them and their opinions, by saying that they must be wrong in liking what they like. You hate the notion that your opinion belongs to that of a minority, so you will gladly attempt to assemble subjective opinions and masquerade them as objective truths in hopes of overturning such overwhelming popular support. Hence, the endless shitposting, the vapid "debates" that boil down to obsessive nitpicking and exaggeration, all stemming from a single nucleating point, and that is that you are triggered by how popular something you don't like is.