Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MLp7vWB0TeY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think you guys are ok.

Tok is a qt pie

I think waifu shit is terrible and sad.

I miss autism.

a cutie patootie

I've only glanced over the thread, but it's not that bad right?
I mean come on, for once in a while peopel are actually discussing a cyoa for itself instead of throwing a fit over whose waifu is more shit.

Not when it delves into a shitfit that makes up half the thread.

>draggin shit from last thread into the new thread
You have to go back.

I just want a new Italics cyoa.

Magi Bloodlines never

Your Italics lust is endless. Do something about it before it becomes a real problem.

He's like an abandoned, retarded puppy. I just wanna put him in a sack and drown him.

If you like Italics so much why don't you marry him?

the puppy is arguably smarter than tok

you mispelled thoth

Discussing a cyoa is now a "shitfit" that "takes up" a whole thread about cyoa? How do you figure?

>all this talk of trips
>no CYOA posting

Mask of fortune.

Where talking about the setting and builds

Went through the builds and charted the distribution of roles. Particularly interesting is that there are exactly two gods of Law... hopefully they see eye-to-eye. Of the preset domains, only two chose dual roles, whereas about half of all created domains are paired with another.

There definitely was a shitfit towards the end, but they'll do that for any reason at all. On the other hand, there's been a lot of enthusiasm and fun over the setting of that CYOA.

You forgot the PvP letter

I'm not sure whether counting the "betrayer" builds really makes sense. The pure betrayer builds are all practically the same and there were a bunch of builds who are basically just betrayer-in-disguise.

Verdandi has no resistance to mind reading.

Your Augs are the most similar to mine of any posted builds I've seen. I think my build is slightly better, but of course I'm biased.

Your mentor/ally choices are good, and your choice of domain is also. Magic (teaching psi to the world) is very attractive, but the romantic in me desires to take the role of God of Law.

My initial intentions towards the Apostate are only superficially similar to yours. I'm not just going to try to convert her: I also want to understand her perspective. I will be completely upfront about what the Pantheon is and what it is trying to do, and I will be interested in hearing what she has to say. She may come to agree, and if she disagrees she may have a good point.

(It would be fitting from a mythological standpoint for the gods to send four messengers in turn each trying a different attack: one trying brute force, one trying magical trickery, one trying seduction, and the last battling with logic. But this isn't a myth or a story so I shouldn't let myself be distracted by such notions.)

It is quite possible that the path they took isn't the only possible good path, but the only one compatible with them also getting to play god. It is also possible that Verdandi's initial inclination was otherwise but has been convinced (through Voice and Delta Psi) that this way of doing things is fine.

I'v been having all kinds of ideas for a new CYOA and one of those ideas is a sexbot waifu CYOA. What are your opinions of using real pictures of real sex dolls for a sexbot waifu CYOA?

Wrong picture, was meant to post this pic.

>shadman.jpg

But the greatest difference is that even if the Apostate refuses to join us and I don't agree with her reasoning, I consider killing her an unacceptable solution. (Of course she has her own prescience so killing her may be harder than you expect, if you try it.) Aside from the morality of murdering her for what amounts to no real reason other than embarrassment, she is also a priceless Psi specimen with a potentially unique genetic mutation. If she is an inconvenience it will just have to be endured.

don't, I think most of us still find real sex dolls too fake. On the other hand, it's hard to go wrong with 2D.

It's the sign of a good CYOA that makes this much discussion I think. I definitely got an immoral vibe while reading about the Pantheon, but what can ya do

>Do something about it before it becomes a real problem.
I'm already a skeleton. Its too late to save me.

Italics is too pure.

give me a quick tl;dr on what thats about and I may consider reading it

>(Of course she has her own prescience so killing her may be harder than you expect, if you try it.)

Also, our only knowledge of some of her specific abilities comes from gods trying to attack her and discovering she had a counter. Samael wouldn't have gone in the first place if he had known his ability-stealing wouldn't work on her, so they must have found out only after the fact. The true extent of her abilities is a question mark.

dont. 3dpd is pd.
glorious nippon 2d waifus are best in every dimension.

Type: Mortality cure
>Like I'm going to pass up a chance for immortality. Probably my only chance.

Omega Psi (700)
>If someone asks you if you want to be a god, you say YES
Knowledge - physics (20)
>Having some idea of what I'm /doing/ on an atomic and subatomic scale will undoubtedly help me Psi without accidentally irradiating everyone or something
Metacognition (70)
>Smarter is good, and will undoubtedly help me figure out the Psi stuff.

>Now for the quality-of-life stuff:
Endocrine alteration (40)
>Byebye chronic depression. Worth the whole trip on its own.

Cosmetic refinement - Adonis (30)
Skill implantation - sex (20)
Physical Augmentation - endurance grade S (40)
>Gotta admit, I'm planning to manwhore it up when I arrive. It's not called the oldest profession for nothing.

Man of Steel (70)
>Immortality is useless if I just up and /die/.

>Verdandi has no resistance to mind reading
That changes things a bit. One of my biggest issues was that I don't trust her. It would be so easy to pick a future (perhaps one where all the other "gods" died), and then lie to everyone that they were on the right path for that future. Given that she can time loop and try again with her lies it would be fairly trivial to convince everyone she was totally trustworthy.

If you can just read her mind to make sure she's being totally upfront, there's not really an issue.

OK, so I've arrived. Time to take stock.

Mentor: Yawgmoth.
>Seems like he and the crew he's with have their heads screwed on straight, and I'm all for improving tech.
I want to see if I can use my Omega Psi to directly transmute matter into a target form, that way we can skip the 'massive industrial base' part of high-tech.

Ally: Verdandi.
>She's kinda critical to the current setup, and needs another friend to help maintain her mental stability. (Gotta admit, I'm planning to use Delta Psi to monitor this. /Not/ going to touch anything though.)
I'm sure she'll appreciate me keeping her in the loop on all my plans.

Rival: Tyrael
>OK, this guys a lunatic. And the worst kind of lunatic, one who thinks he's a good guy. Will need careful watching to make sure he doesn't start burning people alive for blasphemy or something.
(I'm pretty sure I can Disintegrate him if I /have/ to. It'll piss Elspeth off, but better than the alternative.)

Domain: God of Magic
>Oh, I can /absolutely/ help introduce more psi-potential into the genepool. I'll block out a couple of days a week for that right now.
>...you actually want me to use Delta Psi to 'awaken' people. Oh well, I guess I can do that too.
>Coming up with the 'Laws of Magic' to try and prevent psykers from abusing their fellow men too much is going to be pretty tricky. I wish I could work with Tyrael on this, but as previously described he's a nutjob.
>My ultimate goal is to integrate psi and technology, with psi being seen as just another praxis rather than something strange and unique.

Legend: The Apostate.
>Well, she's right. We're only calling ourselves 'gods' because it's the closest metaphor the current society can support.
>I'll try being completely open with her. Tell her everything. Admit that some of the 'gods' are assholes and/or insane. Ask her what /she/ thinks we should be doing. Teleport out if things go bad.
>Also, she's kinda hot. Waifu?

She also has no resistance to mind _tampering_, and if such things leave traces it's possible that when you look into her mind you won't like what you see.

I like it

>TFW you will never become a falsehood and reunite with your waifu

And point out that Elspeth has Voice and Omega Psi and could probably aim Verdandi at any path she desires. For instance, a path in which humanity is restored as Elspeth desires, but Elspeth never loses her exalted position.

So what letter of the Greek Alphabet is it marked with. Zeta? Lambda?

>Elspeth calls Verdandi a Doll.
Oh shit.

Well all things considered it is not THAT bad

Go back to fucking last thread instead of poisoning the new one.

And I'll further point out that the only people (other than potentially the PC) with Omega Psi are Elspeth and her coworkers. (Ninmah isn't directly stated to be, but her background makes it sound like she may be another PPPP employee.) The only others with Delta Psi are Marco (who Elspeth is at odds with) and Valentina (who Elspeth is afraid of). Elspeth's ability to "handle" the Pantheon is probably due to liberal use if Voice + Delta Psi. I wouldn't be surprised if Nike had been coerced considering how antithetical this seems to her nature, and Ignis seems to have been straight-up mind raped.

Yeah my first inclination towards the Apostate is to ignore. For all her power, she's still mortal. Give it 30 or 40 years and she'll be dead without any intervention necessary. Might set back plans a bit, but nothing significantly long term unless she's REALLY clever and dedicated, and even then nothing that couldn't be handled.

>Legend: The Apostate.
>Also, she's kinda hot. Waifu?
Romancable, Val would be furious but pretty much everyone else would be relieved at the resolution or indifferent, so she can go scream into a pillow or something. Finding a way to grant her an unlimited lifespan or functional equivalent will take some doing, but I don't doubt a way could be found...

What is wrong with you? They're discussing a CYOA in a CYOA thread. If you want to change the proportion of this thread that is on-topic but not about that, start your own CYOA discussion or post a CYOA you would like discussed instead of just complaining about the on-topic discussions of others.

>vault dweller
>psionics
Unlike the fallout universe, if we operate on real world physics, most of the radiation from a nuke would be gone by the first 7 years, and no mutants and ghouls.
So I just have to venture out in a mostly empty world. We don't need the water chip, we can just come out and start using the de-radiated resources.

Anyone have any good guides for making CYOAs? I've got the writing down, but I'm struggling with the visual aspect.

The problem isn't her necessarily, it's what she leaves behind. Lucifer's rebellion was unsuccessful, Prometheus was punished until Zeus pardoned him, etc. What if the Apostate manages to inspire a cultural touchstone of successful defiance? If everyone is inspired to use their mortal lifespan in defiance of the "gods."

It might not blow up into a real problem. Right now, she's the equivalent of Diomedes managing to wound Aphrodite (hey, it's also a love goddess, that might have been an intentional reference.) A one-off curiosity. But if she becomes a more compelling example, it could be disastrous for the pantheon.

According to the powers page, Delta psi is radically weaker against any psi-wielder/ Valentina is still probably threatening but both Ignis and Verdandi would at least get a saving throw.

Gone from the air for sure, but it does tend to collect in things like water.

Right and by trying to fight her they may have already created a somewhat serious issue, but damage control rather than full offensive is still probably the better strategy.

Voice, however, has no such described limitation.

NEVER EVER

She doesn't seem like a bad person - why not befriend her and use her as a leader of the people. Better than "gods" because she represents the pinnacle of the humanity. If I were the god of terror or something, I'd make my monsters job to her, just to make people rally behind her.

It isn't that bad at all, and it's what I would want in her position. Maybe at some point I'll stop officially being a god, kind of like the Emperor of Japan renounced his claim to be a living god after losing WW2, but I'll still have a giant palace in the middle of Tokyo that has the approximate real estate value of the entire state of California.

seems to refute , not .

But it's exactly this ignorance about WHY these things are worth doing that degeneration is taking place. If you like driving but don't know how to maintain and fix an engine yourself, eventually you're it's going to break down and you'd better have either the money to pay the repairman or the endurance to walk around for the rest of your life.

Right, that is absolutely the ideal choice, but I don't trust the rest of the pantheon to not do something stupid and force another strategy.

This is also secretly my desired outcome, but I don't have it in me to betray Elspeth and folks like Yawgmoth, Ninmah and Nike who seem to genuinely want to hold the crumbling situation together.

So what's the difference between tragedy and evil then?

Why did justice edgelord try to fight her anyway? He's mean bully like the Mercykiller from Planescape Torment.

Please, no. Too uncanny valley, it's unsettling.

Some of those are actually real women, you know.

We don't know why, other than a LARPer thought that Tyrael from Diablo 3 would have done it -- or maybe she made fun of "Tyrael", since the only known immunity to Delta Psi comes from having Delta Psi of your own.

In a nutshell? Tragedy is accidental suffering, and evil is suffering caused with intent.

The point of making moral judgements about something is to enable yourself and others gravitate towards or away from these things through your actions. You can't escape reality, and it's wrong to ascribe a moral value to it.

>Why did justice edgelord try to fight her anyway? He's mean bully like the Mercykiller from Planescape Torment.
As discussed, nutjob. He probably demanded she submit to the will of the gods or something.

Even worse.

It makes me kind of disappointed that there's already a "god" by the name of Sam. I'd totally change my name and make my experience there one long Lord of Light reference.

>Some of those are actually real women, you know.
Nope, all of them are sex dolls.

Teaching the gods some humility is fine. Athena lost in a weaving competition to Arachne. She turned Arachne into a spider out of butthurt, but nothing will ever change the fact that she lost. Sisyphus outwitted and physically bested Hades and probably a few I have forgotten -- so the myths say that he got punished in the afterlife. Maybe your myths will say the same about the Apostate.

To each their own, man. Luckily, some of us have functioning sex drives.

Some people can't take a joke.

This might answer your question.

youtube.com/watch?v=MLp7vWB0TeY

That's the fetish, my man.

what did he do with the pen?

Sharpie. And where do we put the sharpies?

desu senpai, if "the faithful empire" turns out to practice some variant of an Abrahamic religion instead of being Ancient Egyptian revivalists, I'll immediately switch sides. Winning wouldn't even be the point. I'll assume it isn't though.

He drew the tears, the frown, and the sad eyebrows.

nowhere in particular

>Program
Cure mortality
>Augments
Metaflux (1000-500)
Open Mind (500-500)
>Mentor
Verdandi
>Ally
Elspeth
>Rival
Nike
>Domain
Cupbearer of gods for Verdandi
>Legend
The apostate

So in reality i would go for being the betrayer and try to develop my abilities to be stronger while acting like their ally. I would also use my metaflux to steal the weaker psi abilities from mortals. I would also team up (or at least try to) with the apostate even if that meant not stealing weak psi abilities from mortals.

The first problem is i'm not sure if the other "gods" are able to read my mind? If they are my plan is fucked up from the start and my less than 1 hour time leap will be very useless although i'm assuming i'll be meeting the other gods fairly early and will be able to go back and take Elspeths omega psi for myself if they don't manage to kill me first. Also how would Verdandis open mind go against mine if? I have the metaflux so i should have the advantage but then again her time leap should be much more developed than mine and if the other gods can read my mind she will be able to take action against me before i have chance to do anything. Samael could be an issue if she took other peoples powers and went against me but if she doesn't have open mind she i should be able to deal with her.

Also would be nice to know if i'm actually going to keep powers i've stolen before utilizing the time leap and if Verdandi will know when i time leap.

Realistically i think i would pick my Domain to be something like a god of travel and do the new world Legend/Quest though.

He drew her a crying face since at least from what i've heard some japanese girls think men like when they cry during sex. You should google for more information on subject related though.

Thanks, you're pretty ok yourself.

Some amount of girl tears can be very sexy, yes. It's not a predominantly Japanese or female idea.

>although i'm assuming i'll be meeting the other gods fairly early and will be able to go back and take Elspeths omega psi for myself if they don't manage to kill me first
Omega Psi makes you immune to Metaflux. It's pretty much god-mode.

Omega psi is immune to metaflux mate. IF you want a fighting chance you need to fuck to somewhere and build your power.

Delta Psi and Omega Psi can read minds. you can counter this by being omega psi, at that point no one can read your mind.

Girl tears during sex is sexy? Under the right conditions, maybe.

Yeah, but you can distill that. Radioactive dust is the thing that's radioactive, not the water.
Also there's this thing called groundwater.
I can leisurely look for the waterchip and a geck, if the government made one

Literally my build except my Ally is Yawgmoth and I'm also taking the role of the God of Death.
My guess is that Open Mind should pretty much give you the same understanding of the Spider's Thread as her, which also influenced my decision to outright become her spouse. Only difference is that you can't exactly mess around with the dimensions without borrowing Gamma Psi from her or someone else.
Sooo.. it's a She knows that you know that she knows that you know situation, and she most likely has more experience.

Is Traveller here yet

There's no counter to The Voice though.

...maybe deliberately deafen yourself and use telepathy to communicate?

Can someone post the muscle wizard CYOA?

I mean that would clearly work but you would be fucking deaf

I guess, The Voice specifically works due to vocal cord modifications, so telepathy would be fine.

Your eardrums will grow back pretty fast. You'll have to stab yourself again every time you want to speak to Elspeth, but you can hear the rest of the time.

I spent like an hour writing and contemplating my reply and apparently i still didn't think it through. Also i doubt i would be able to fuck off when they have another god with time travel and clairvoyance abilities.
So basically you need omega psi to fight the other gods but even that will not be enough when you can't afford the time travel ability and they have a time travelling clairvoyant on their side.
Maybe taking open mind and delta psi would work since delta psi says it negates other delta psis and omega psi is basically all of the main psis but just more powerful which makes me assume having normal delta psi would be enough to negate other peoples mind reading ability.
So we're both fucked if we can't somehow make her betray the other gods with us which i doubt she would do since she seems loyal to the other gods

PPP+ came out be patient.

What if I just use my Metaflux to transfer my hearing to the user of The Voice or some other schmuck?

The thing is that you need to be "weak willed" for it to affect you. Which is why I think most gods are, or will be eventually, immune to it. Heck if you have metacognition or any other form of mental upgrade you should be more than fine.