EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Previous thread RESOURCES

>Latest News:
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18749

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread question
Do you think commanders arsenal products should be brought back as an additional supplemental product each year? Why or why not?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/token-queen-1/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/odrics-feeding-the-kids-tonight/
metamox.com/tag/board-wipes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>making a new thread while the old thread is still on page 4
>making a new thread without an edition
I mean, I appreciate you doing it, but you should have waited.

>Do you think commanders arsenal products should be brought back as an additional supplemental product each year? Why or why not?

If they increase the printing of it to 10x

I want to make a new deck, ideally something like a non-linear control deck.
I play Meren (not super gay, just fun graveyard mash stuff) and I want something that isn't just throwing in winter orb super fast and winning that way.

My friend suggested to me sunforger as a card for the deck, but I don't know what commander would be best. Any suggestions then? Preferably RUW and maybe black or green too

You could try Shu Yun, and have Narset in the 99, or just go Narset-lite, without the broken stuff. Both of them love having many spells in your deck.

And with blue in your deck, Sunforger gains an entire new purpouse.

I removed most of the enchantress idea I had for this deck. Looks any better?
And how's the land/mana base doing? I'm not sold on running all three signets

As for lands, here's what symbols they get me;
18 white
15 black
13 red

Should I replace the bounce lands? I added them because they'd have synnergy with Retreat to Emeria, and getting 2 mana for 1 land is nice.

tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/token-queen-1/

If you play Narset with people who haven't played with/met you before, expect to get hated on hard. Maybe let them know that you aren't running "infinite turns.dec".

>TQ
huh never actually knew about this. Basically a From The Vault but for commander staples ? Sign me up!

I don't like running super high power gay shit because it's just unfun and has no chance of being goofy. I was thinking maybe the partner commanders but I don't remember most of them either.

Narset can be kept at a very reasonable power level if you don't include every extra turn spell in the game and focus on using her as more of a value engine (like a Jeskai Jeleva)

i do what i want

>sunforger into cryptic command
>sunforger into rewind
Sounds pretty good.

>Red or White instant spell

Narset can be built like Meren, either a pain engine that everyone hates, or just value.dek.

The best part is that their colors complement.

>there are people who want cards banned in non competitive edh
Did u guys get picked on when you were younger?

Shit. Well, there is probably still fun stuff to do with UR, UW, or WUR colors.

I want wotc to only print eminence commanders for the new sets

Counterflux
Steam Augury
Jeskai Charm
Electrolyze

There's some good choices for sure

Yes, yes I do.

Foodchain, Ashnods, Ad Naus, Doomsday, and unfortunately Paradox Engine would get hit by the bans as well. And that is literally it, unless they print something new that's extremely degenerate. Other than Paradox Engine I think it's very difficult to argue to keep any of those cards.

Any other suggestions other than Narset? Not sure she would be super good in controlish shit

Uncertain what you are getting at.

>people who want cards banned just want to control the play of cards they dont like
Whew lad

Ishai + Bruse Tarl could be a pretty fun combo in those colors. You can play control while Ishai builds up, and then randomly one shot people giving him double strike with Bruse

>thinking this while in WB
>not finding the sexiest reusable reanimation tech
she was not meant for someone of your caliber scrub.

>tappedout is fucking up and gives me a cached version of my decklist which isn't the one publicly viewable, and sends me there whenever I try and add cards
fucking kill me

If you want to run sunforger, either Narset or Shu Yun are the best options in those colors. I find that partners are mostly meh, and not really worth running them.

I think he's saying that eminence is unfun for everyone except the person using it. Probably because it's a free bonus that no one can interact with.

Hey user, we're in a magic thread. I'd love to discuss things intelligently.

I actually love Ashnods, it's one of my favorite cards ever printed, but it's also a key piece to a lot of top tier decks because it generates free mana with certain recursion setups. I really have no problem with Foodchain either, but it has one very specific application. In my meta there's a foodchain tazri, so we usually just nevermore it, or sadistic sacrament or whatever, and the deck turns into a giant pile of goodstuff with no wincon either. If you don't, the deck will win very quickly with minimal effort.

Ad Naus without the other cards could probably be much more reasonable. Doomsday is also fine if somehow you could ban Zur as a commander, but that's not the case. Like necropotence the 3 black pips really limit the decks you can play it in, until Zur casts it for free.

What you fail to understand is you only want cards banned because they arent in line with your ignorant presupposition of fun.
The banlist only exists as a means of control for cards sheldon hates.

The problem is that if you are going to run a reanimation deck, Elenda is a pretty terrible target.

Even if you sac, like 4 creatures, and have her a 5/5 lifelink, saccing her to waste an reanimation on her will just leave you with 6 1/1's with lifelink. The best solution would be to run stuff that exiles cards in your grave, or recycles them, target her and return her to the commander zone, either way it's another step that normally wouldn't be necessary.

Tell me user, what do I consider fun?

I just want to see a different top tier meta.

just use deck stats, tapped out fucking blows and is constantly filled with bugs that the staff refuses to fix

Don't forget it counts Elenda's power, not the amount of counters on her. With a Dictate of Heliod (or any other comparable anthem) out she goes infinite with Nim Deathmantle.

So you are saying you want powerful cards banned because they can commonly be used in infinite loops that win the game?
There are plenty of other cards that produce infinite combos that literally no one gives a shit about.
Again this isnt an issue at all because the format is non competitive since fun is a subjective thing.
The banlist literally exists to spread Sheldons retarded sphere of influence under the guise of "Illegal" therefore its bad.

Nigga this is a non competitive format, the way you are talking give me the exact frame of mind you are talking from which is a blatant competitive look at the format.

I'm constructing a mono white deck right now. Give me all the secret white ramp and card draw you have.

Yes and no. I don't mind combos in and of themselves, really the criteria was based on combos that can be preformed consistently, with very few moving pieces, that can function though removal, or at instant speed.

I think the number of things that fit those criteria is very small.

Tithe
That morningtide enchant that exiles all your plains then puts them in one turn at a time
Cycling stuff
Hedrons

Assuming Ashnod's Altar, you go infinite immediately, just remember to stack the token creation above the Deathmantle trigger, then sacrifice the token to pay the other 2.

Endless Horizons?

I need your assistance, lads. In you opinion, what is the best spot removal and boardwipes in Mono-Red? Chaos Warp and Blasphemous Act are a given, but I want to know what else works.

What do you guys do if you get a refund on cards for not arriving, then they arrive?

Nevrinyhal's Disk son.

You don't need anthems for that. Especially since you will need altar for the combo to work. But that's beyond the point, the original poster built a deck based around a commander that didn't need reanimation to work, and if you put reanimation in, suddenly the whole deck loses meaning as the reanimation target is barely worth it.

This seems extremely high test, might try this.

If those fail, I'll fall back on these guys. Any other suggestions for the deck?

Where did you order and how long did you wait before getting the refund?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/odrics-feeding-the-kids-tonight/

Essentials are all in there, I think.

I don't know how I forgot that you need some way to generate mana with your tokens

Troll and Toad, around a month

Go play modern where people only win at sorcery speed then.
The exact frame of mind that you are talking from is "This is op" which is a blatant attempt to balance a non competitive format.
Tired of these queefs trying to justify bans and the banlist and trying to make a non competitive format competitive.
People like you will ruin this format someday just so you can autistically flick your cards and say "Island, ponder go".

had tihs happen once, got refunded 50% and a month or two later i got the card. i told the seller about it but they were cool with it

soon

Hurry someone go play a game of Edh with Sheoldon and touch him in the wrong place with this card.

Hey, hey user.

You're clearly irrational. I'm talking about hypothetical magic cards the format could do without, and you're on some moral crusade about the "casualness" of the format and autistic card flicking. I actually play legacy, and in my playgroup we have our own custom banlist that has far fewer cards than the actual banlist.

Are you alright? Is everything at home okay?

Should I add Collective Blessing or Dictate of Heliod to my Gishath deck or none?

Dictate can be used as a combat trick. I'd go with that.

Cathars' Crusade is better than both though.

Thats not a counter argument but a misdirection.
You are attacking my choice of words as opposed to the argument I presented you with.

Stuff like Young Pyromancer/Talrand can create a decent board of chump blockers, or even a decent menace if you use spells that buffs your creatures.
Other than that, Melek, Mettalurgic Summonings, Primal Amulet, Taigam sounds pretty good.

I'm a huge sub, get turned on by being bullied, and want to be used like a slut. Who is the most qt W/G commander for me?

user, your argument was "go play modern" followed by "your mindset of balancing a noncompetitive format is stupid and dumb".

It's okay buddy, we love you, I'm sure you'll find someone else who loves you too. Maybe in real life if you're really lucky. But you're not in the right mindframe to be on the internet, maybe you should go eat some fruit and take a walk, or have a nap?

Trostani?

>Do you think commanders arsenal products should be brought back as an additional supplemental product each year? Why or why not?
That'd be cool. There are cards that are expensive for exclusively this format like Doubling Season and having a set to reprint pricy staples would be nice.
But I'm worried it'll have a FTV effect of "good luck finding that shit at MSRP" unless you preordered. We can't really have "EDH Masters" either, since 10 dollar MSRP packs barely do shit.

I think you should just masturbate and go away.

I second this.
Do we really need to put in the pasta "masturbate before posting here"?

>Come to Veeky Forums to discuss policy
>End up talking to a quasai intellectual who misdirects and gaslights when he cant come up with a counter argument
These things happen I suppose.

You spelled quasi wrong user.

Go to bed, come chat when you feel better and actually have something to say.

>accuse people of gaslighting when you mean strawmanning
>while ignoring the fact that you've been strawmanning their argument this entire time.

I think so.

What doujin is this from?

"No."
Deck stats is far worse. Tappedout is a more visually pleasing format with more resources.

>tfw want to build Kumena
>already have most of the singles since I've always loved fish
>that nigger is still $18-20
>for a Standard card

god damn I hope I can get that fishy faggot in a trade before I get too tempted to purchase it.

Just wait, as soon as it rotates, it'll pull a Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet. And that shit sees legacy play.

I really love fish and I really love UG
If it means me spending $20 now so I can play him over spending $5 in a year and a half, then I'm opting for the former.

Part of me is honestly a bit worried he'll see competitive play and then shoot up to the $40ish range where Scarab God went.

user, The Scarab God is going to be between $10-$5 after it rotates out of standard or if it's banned. I'm just waiting to buy one. It sees play in absolutely zero other formats outside of standard.

Never order from them, they're shit.

Word. Picked a Scarab God up for Dimir edh on release night for about $16 worth of trade fodder, dude went up and up, then traded him to someone else for $45 worth of Modern staples.

I would say I'd do the same with Kumena but I really want that fucker and don't want to wait a god damn year.

So how is Gishath as dinosaur tribal commander? I was thinking about making a deck around him, but the more I think about it, the stupider an idea it seems.
The whole deck would rely way too much on the commander, and my playgroup loves sniping commanders like that first chance they get. Also his ability seems nice on paper, but really vulnerable to boardwipes and therefor essentially doing nothing the turn it happens, since they """only""" get put on the board, and aren't also attacking.

Am I just overthinking this?

Yes definitely. There's still way too many commander essentials that are absurdly expensive

Unfun or unbalanced?

What cards let me benefit from opponents having small libraries

>Atraxa has literally only gone up in value since her release
>will likely continue to do so until she's like 40 dollars or more

If you want to put a bunch of dinosaurs into play and not do much else, play Gishath. That's all he does. If you want to play a deck that requires decision making or that can do anything against decks running board wipes, play anything else.

It's a super casual deck that actually becomes worse if you add better cards because you need a high number of dinosaurs for Gishath to be worth casting.

I never understood how she was the most popular deck on edhrec. I mean, I get that it's popular, but more popular than cheap powerful decks like brago or Xenagos? I don't get that at all.

Ah well. Bummer.

You can do a ton of shit with her kit.
Plus she looks cool as fuck

Not that user, but I don't think Ashnod's, Paradox Engine, or Doomsday deserve the ban. Doomsday is a compact wincon, but it's also SUPER risky, and you're pretty unlikely to see it at most tables.

Paradox Engine can be great, but usually you just run Dramatic Scepter instead, because it's cheaper. I'm not sure how much that would change without Ad Naus though. I think it's borderline, but probably too expensive to really worry about.

Ashnod's isn't part of any super good combos that I'm aware of.

I'm more on the fence about Food Chain, because Tazri feels a little too fast and consistent, but I think it could potentially stay.

I 100% agree with Ad Naus ban though. It only sees play in cEDH, where resolving it more or less wins you the game. I'd also add Protean Hulk back on there, because I'm already tired of flash hulk.

Kalitas needs to tank more.

Because of superfriends being big casual appeal, and it's just keyword soup along with a keyword that does really well for counters.

She's the best planeswalker general (assuming you're okay with building a planeswalker deck without Nicol Bolas which seems insane) which was already a popular archetype. She also fits perfectly with infect and +1/+1 counter decks. Without the proliferate, she'd still see some play as a voltron general.

And she's a Phyrexian angel so you get a bunch of lore retards who like her even for decks she doesn't fit.

She does look really cool. I can give you that.

Ad Nauseam is the only card in the format that even approaches being banworthy but I still wouldn't ban it if I had the chance.

The RC is retarded and needs to unban a bunch of shit and then never touch the list again. Sheldon is a hypocritical faggot.

I completely wrote off the angelfags desu

You should play Emmara, Saffi, Selvala or Trostani. Saffi is probably too good though and I would vote for Selvala.
Also you should play with me, so I could play solitaire magic while you're under the table pleasing me. It saves me the effort of needing to masturbate like the Izzet fag I am.

This page is good metamox.com/tag/board-wipes/

I like Subterranean Tremors, and I haven't played Ashling but it seems pretty good. Nev's Disk and All is Dust in colorless, of course.

This or Isleback spawn

I want to build pic related for a pauper EDH deck. What are the best fatties at common in Gruul colors to throw in?

Should I add pic related to my Neheb deck? This is easily the worst of the Hideaways, but it would have a chance in Neheb, especially with Sire of insanity.

>gatherer
>advanced search
>colors: Red OR Green
>Rarity: Common

>pauper
>uncommon

I always wondered why I only ever saw the red or green hideaways, now I know