/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

proper Chaos Dwarfs edition

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/Uzp9RQ9i

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games.
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V3FU00IpUOE
i.imgur.com/Wh4VjpZ.jpg
i.imgur.com/SpauMZ7.jpg
i.imgur.com/Y3Z7GYE.jpg
i.imgur.com/sgZ7WRW.jpg
i.imgur.com/GCnh53O.jpg
i.imgur.com/ylanEcd.jpg
i.imgur.com/Nsfqg3Z.jpg
i.imgur.com/Jf7SSOF.jpg
i.imgur.com/xvfIVdc.jpg
i.imgur.com/pFfaVyq.jpg
i.imgur.com/eaesttr.jpg
i.imgur.com/JclGMJf.jpg
i.imgur.com/mw1e9LK.jpg
i.imgur.com/EsIwukS.jpg
i.imgur.com/4kppv2c.jpg
i.imgur.com/fRigiBJ.jpg
i.imgur.com/fnaXLdI.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Bretonnians OUT!

I'll try charging! That's a neat trick!

Third for Chaos Roflstomping sillly k-nig-hts

If you had to create a new grand campaign for Warhammer, what would it be?

It doesn't have to be as global or world-in-the-balance as Storm of Chaos or End Times, it could be something as straightforward as a war between Marienburg and Nordland, or the Chaos Dwarves having to hold back a Ogre Kingdoms invasion with Orc allies.

do you think Khalida and Tehenhauin would make good friends?

I think they'd be great friends.

Chaos invasions are really over done, but I was looking forward the next throne of chaos before they canned the series.

A khorne hero that decided to troll naggarond or something would be pretty cool.

I'd really like a story about a chaos tribesman who took part in one of the annual invasions/raids of Dark Elf territory.

Following some comments in the previous thread what is your argument for Forsaken being a crap unit?

I for one hold them to be quite versatile if not necessarily the most competitive unit. Considering that they are able to produce 4 str4 hits with killing blows per model they aren't something the opponent can just ignore.

youtube.com/watch?v=V3FU00IpUOE

Skip to 45 sec in.
Vampire Counts players on suicide watch even the normies know you're for perma-virgs.

>Vampire Counts players on suicide watch even the normies know you're for perma-virgs.
The only VC player I know is almost embarrassingly the stereotypic bro.

How useful are chaos giants?
Do they just exist to get flattened by artillery?

>forsaken are usually considered garbage.
Forgot to ask, are you implying that I should stick with the giant? If so would you mind arguing for how a nurgle giant is more.effective than two 6 man units of Forsaken of Slaanesh?

Alright battlereport tim
e just finished a 1120points match of Wood elf vs Vampire counts.
Army list as follows:

WOOD ELF ARMY
i.imgur.com/Wh4VjpZ.jpg
Spellweaver(Dark magic) lvl 4, dispel scroll.
Drycha

X12 dryads
X20 Glade Guard (hagbane)+champ (proxxied bret archers)
X5 wild riders full command

VAMPIRE ARMY:
i.imgur.com/SpauMZ7.jpg
Master necromancer:level 3 cloak of mist and shadows.
Vampire: sword of swift slaying, enchanted shield, Red Fury ,dawnstone.
Wight king: dragonhelm+shield+some cheap shit sword.

Zombies x 20 Full Command
Crypt ghouls x25 (proxxied empire swords)
1x spirit host
1x spirit host
Black coach.

This is the map we played on
i.imgur.com/Y3Z7GYE.jpg
i.imgur.com/sgZ7WRW.jpg

TURN 1: where the wood elf player overestimates flimsy elfs

The wild riders quickly left behind the main host, so intent on running down the necromancer and putting a swift stop to the corruption that he brought they failed to notice a greater menace, a felled vampire in his coach. As it slammed through them they didn’t even have time to rue their mistake so quick was the champions of kurnous’s demise.

TURN 1 RECAP: Welf ended up with the first turn and vanguarded their wild riders right up to the side of my zombies, intending for ripping and tearing with stupendous amounts of attacks next turn.
The winds of magic were fortunately quiet while the wood elves moved up the board.

i.imgur.com/GCnh53O.jpg

TURN 1 VC RECAP:
Eager to try my black coach’s prowess (having never used it before) I charged it into the wild riders and hoped for the best. It succeeded my greatest expectations
i.imgur.com/ylanEcd.jpg
the impact hits alone killed 3 and the cairn wraith killed another 1 while taking 0 wounds, forcing them to flee with only the bannerman left. Unit destroyed.
i.imgur.com/Nsfqg3Z.jpg

TURN 2: where rng fucks the elfs further.
i.imgur.com/Jf7SSOF.jpg
the spellweaver cried in anguish at the loss of her brethren, clearly they had underestimated the foul scourge of the undead and now she would unleash havoc no matter the cost, she felt the winds of magic surging beyond her control and considered the cost to herself equal to the destruction wrought upon the undead.She felt the ripping first. a rift in the battlefield, anzipals black horror winks into existence above the enemy necromancer, then reappears directly above the spellweavers own form, quite intent to punish the one who brought it into this reality by consuming them.

Turn 2 welf : The elf pulled all the stops and threw a stupendous amount of magic with an overcast: Anzipals black horror then miscast and blew up directly over the unit of dryads she was stationed with, fortunately sparing her but destroying 3 of the dryads before hovering infront of her unit. i.imgur.com/xvfIVdc.jpg

Turn 2 Vampires : Not much to report, only much laughing on my part when the undispellable spell exploded over the head of the enemy mage, across the board, in my magic phase anzipals black horror miscasts and disappears, much to my sadness.
i.imgur.com/pFfaVyq.jpg

TURN 3: where the elf doesn’t blow themselves up.

Struggling to raise further dead, the necromancer felt the very essence of dhar siphoned away from him, preventing him from casting the most basic of spells.

Turn 3 Welf: the elfs shot at the zombies, killed 4, rolled awful for magic so nothing interesting happened.
TURN 3 VC: while the elf’s greatest enemy(themselves) was oddly still this turn, further maneuvering was done while the elf managed to completely dominate the magic phase, rolling up the full 12 dispel dice due to channeling and preventing my necro from doing much other than amble forward.

TURN 4: where the lines finally close and it really begins
The necromancer grinned a rictus grin at the elves floundering before him, soon he would break through and he would siphon the very magic from the enemy mage, how foolish this elf was to only expect an attack from the front, he directed a sliver of necromantic energy to the spirit host phasing through an old watchtower. The command was simple. Attack. i.imgur.com/eaesttr.jpg
Bursting through the watchtower the tormented souls came upon the elven archers like a tempest, soon the sound of screaming elves filled the air as they fled, unable to weather it’s flurry of ethereal blows,
i.imgur.com/JclGMJf.jpg

Turn 4 welf : the welf moved to position their dryad block to make an optimal charge against the ghouls while drycha disengaged from the unit to block a charge to the archers
The elf shooting continued and felled 14 zombies.

TURN 4 VC: ghosts are great.
My magic finally started getting better, all of my spells were dispelled but for an invocation of nehek which brought back 15 zombies, so all in the world was well again.
My elf opponent had moved their gladeguard into los with my spirit host so I charged it outward, inflicting 3 wounds and causing a break test, in which they rolled double 6’s so were fucked.
Black coach also moves up around near the ghosts for a flank charge.

TURN 5: welf magic finally reigns supreme.
Cursing the winds of magic for forsaking her so, the elven mage channelled spell after spell, sloughing flesh off the approaching ghouls and inflicting them with magical torture, weakening them as even their bestial minds struggled to function under the waves of pain
i.imgur.com/mw1e9LK.jpg
but it didn’t stop their advance, a wight king shrugged off this magic and urging it’s ghouls forward charged into drycha, it’s ancient barrow blade slicing her, causing a single wound and only making her more furious.

T5 welf
this turn they battered the hell out of my zombies/ghouls with a magical onslaught, also inflicting word of pain weakening them for drycha.
The gladeguard fled off the board this time, my spirit host restrained and that was that.

T5 Vampire counts
Charging drycha she declaired a challenge, which wanting to save my poor ghouls I accepted with the wight king, the longest grind then began, I did manage to put one wound on drycha though and take none in return though, a good start.
i.imgur.com/EsIwukS.jpg

TURN 6, flanking manoeuvres!
T6 Welf: not too much to report, the game was effectively done at this stage but the welf wanted to continue to play, the dryad unit charged into the exposed flank left by drycha’s positioning, then promptly fluffed the majority of dryad attack rolls, actually losing the combat (but rallying)

T6 Vc: at this stage I was able to bring around both my spirit hosts for the flank along with the black coach, charge the dryads with my cheap blender vampire.
i.imgur.com/4kppv2c.jpg

I then prepared for a mighty invocation to recoup my now considerable losses from last round.
This happened.
i.imgur.com/fRigiBJ.jpg

I lost a wound on the necro and lost a net of 10 zombies, it wasn’t good to say the least

TURN 7: the end.
Recap: The blender vampire blended through the dryads while the ghouls overwhelmed and ate the welf caster lord, drycha and the wight king continued fighting a desperate battle for the next 3 turns before the wight king killing blowed her after being downed to one wound.
i.imgur.com/fnaXLdI.jpg

epilogue:
At last! The elven spellcaster he saw pulled down by ghouls, and the dryads splintered via the vampires who had chosen to accompany the master necromancer, soon the Lone dryad would fall against the wight king and then he could begin his studies anew. His masters resurrection grew ever closer
Anyway that was it, I’m going to rematch tomorrow but the elven player definitely underestimated the black coach(in their defence so did I, I had no idea it would wipe the rider.

man I'd never used proxxies before and I hated it, can't wait to get some mantic ghouls or something

Stop this, no one likes it when people do this.

>no one likes it when you talk about (game) on (game) general
yup, definitely on Veeky Forums

why are you in the warhammer fantasy general?

Ey fuck off cunt, I enjoyed his write up.

This guy is retarded, but he does have a point that you could just write in one post and throw a link to imgur. Still badly formatted content is very welcome.

oh I wrote it in word and copypasted it here in segments because character limit user

Yep i am full retarded, it seemed shorter the first time i looked at it.

>no posting images on an imageboard!

fuck off redditors

Fuck you, I enjoy this. Sometimes I even keep the archived threads to look back on because it reminds me people still actually play this game.

Why even come on Veeky Forums then? Isn't half the point to read posts alongside images?

Forsaken naysayer here.

They're 19 pts naked for a model that will rubber lance 12/18's of the time whille competing with standard warriors and under priced chaos chariots.
In terms of their role the chaos book has units that do everything they do but better already.

It doesn't have to be a giant, the chimera is op.
My prediction is that the bretonian player will use your forsaken units to slingshot his knights into your flanks with their higher move speed and s5 on the charge.

Realtalk I'd love a campaign for Tilea or Estalia trying to colonize overseas regions and fighting off Orcs while dealing with internal politics.

Does anyone know if you can still buy chinese knockoffs of games workshop stuff, and if so, how to go about acquiring it?

Now that forgeworld no longer makes the Wight King BSB i'm forced to either pay $100+ when it turns up on ebay, or look into illegitimate knockoffs, and I dont have the disposable income for the former.

DESU i'd be keen for a Vampire Counts invasion of the Empire, with a strong side of the empire's own politicking and infighting standing in the way of an actual effective response from the entire empire.

Suddenbourg, Lizards and Karak Zorn vs Arkhan

Looking to expand 2k points of Skaven to 3 with room for list variation. What would you guys suggest.

What do you currently have? Short of just stating getting a HPA and probably more slaves its a bit difficult to actually recommend things without knowledge of what your 2k is.

Post your list.

I recommend queek and 40 stormvermin with swfitness banner for 3k games. He's not that expensive and it's nice having a hammer unit.

Warlord, Grey Seer, 3 Engineers, 100 Slave/Clan rats (30 spear, 30 hw, 40 slings which can be changed), 20 stormvermin, 20 monks, HPA, Doomwheel.
I know I love Skaven Magic phase, I want a challenge-able lore (bonebreaker?), need WM hunters as I face dwarves and maybe a bell/furnace. I don't need to use everything I already have and cab pick up a SC set and IOB for cheap.

>Implying Khalida's dusty snatch could resist the BSC

Reminder: Lizards have two of them

Not Lizardmen, they are sexless losers who are born from literal mud.

Bonebreaker is a booby trap.

Go the lord with fell blade and stormvermin shield bearers (or queek), otherwise you'll lose your look out sir.

>warmachine hunters

Gutfer runners with poisoned slings are built for hunting warmachines. Against dorfs two units of 10-15 will ruin his bearded day.

>Believing skaven lie-propaganda

Not gonna make it

Buy an actual wight king and chop off his sword to add a banner, alternatively make a real cool grave guard banner man your bsb.

Stfu faggot.

>rubber lance
I'm unfamiliar with this term. What does it mean?

>competing with standard warriors and under priced chaos chariots.
>In terms of their role the chaos book has units that do everything they do but better already.
Those are some excellent points.

>My prediction is that the bretonian player will use your forsaken units to slingshot his knights into your flanks with their higher move speed and s5 on the charge.
So is that. Will definitely reconsider bringing the forsaken.

>Reminder: Lizards have two of them
I think you are talking about croxygors

That would have been neat.

A non-ET Return of Nagash would be great.

>no giant fruit-bat mount for TK

Is WHFRPG 2e unbalanced? I've heard it's the best WH RPG system, but that some if its balance choices are weird.

So far I'm thinking of taking away Fast from Spears and giving guns Armor Piercing.

>what is a rubber lance

Essentially it's jousting with a pool noodle.
You charge, use your lance or special rule expecting to do a heap of wounds then bounce and lose combat.

Do you mean that there would have been a literal Throne of Chaos book after Tamurkhan, or as a hypothetical?

>I've heard it's the best WH RPG system,
It's the bset ropleplay-wise system, since it provies you shitton of careers and their evolution

Considering what animals they have in their roster are long-perished, that's kinda horrifying to consider. At least the Vampire Counts have plenty of bats for you though.

So wfg I realised today that my group is weird. We are more happy to play with unpainted models than poorly painted ones. Thoughts?

What book should I read for Lizardmen lore?

Cheers

Oh man! This is the only thing I don't like about old warhammer stuff! Look at that undead wagon! Who thought it would look good putting the horses on bases and the wagon itself directly on the board?
Thank god that AoS at least supplies huge bases to fit the entire model, even those huge as fuck.

Also I like the neon green ghost theme rather than the currently popular white/teal scheme.

>Thoughts?
you are all either REALLY bad painters or so insecure about your painting skills you'd rather settle for never having tried than being disappointed.

I think you guys would probably agree though that it is considerably more fun to play with well painted miniatures instead of unpainted ones.
And the only way to get there is by practicing that skill.

So it's kind of the depressing mediocrity of settling for what you have instead of trying at all.

Or you guys are all enjoying gaming more than the building and painting aspect of things, in which case you made a monumental investment into the wrong hobby, because there are better games around that involve less work.

their armybooks.
That's literally what they were made for.

Afaik there is no novel that goes into detail about them, because they don't really lend themselves to be anything but an npc race in most narratives.

sign me the fuck up

The army book.

Spoilers ahead because I'm phone posting.

There's a thanqual novel where he ends up in lustria being manipulated by a slann that sorta gives an insight into the lizards.
With eight edition its pretty bad though, since the slann are muddle headed coma patients, the saurus warriors are cold blooded inhuman monsters like real lizards and the skinks are jittery faggots.

I feel the same way actually and I'm not half bad at painting, expecially the dark elf models.

Grey plastic and green stuff.

I have a bunch of 3rd Edition Warhammer Books.

How do you get in contact with the Oldhammer community as they seem to be just grogs in private groups.

I have to say, you gotta give gods of Nehekara some credit, I mean their people are now undead and they still help them in excange of worship. Sure that might be because no one else would do that, but they can always get followers from other nations if they wanted, right?

Are those Asur standing and fighting alongside the Kangz?

yeah, it's in the 8th edition TK army book

Queek is bad, he has no ward save but he has to be your general.

That would have been dope as fuck.

If you aren't set in stone about that particular mini you could always turn pic related into a wight king bsb. Such a conversion would be really easy to do.

Good luck rankin up that cape.

Missed the thread?

There are many ways to get around it. From just the top of my head you could place him on the edge, prop him up on something, place him so that the cape goes between two models, have a unit filler that works with it or just cut off the cape.

Heck you could probably just orient him so that the cape goes forwards rather than to the side if you want a sort of looking back on his fellow skellies look.

super dynamic poses!

I really hate the short snouts of the saurus wariors in the new total war game. Must be because a woman was in the design team and they have no taste.

The autism cometh! No silly we just paint each and every model to the best of our abilities and when we feel we could do a better job, strip and start again. For me that means spending a few months perfecting one unit. Because it takes so long rather than rushing to paint so that we can play we all just agree to allow unpainted.

I played the rematch today and I enjoyed it, I hope your madness is equal to your sadness.

The rematch ended up being a really neat watchtower battle with me putting a never ending zombie train in the watchtower and welf trying to break in, the lists were essentially the same but the welf player split their archers in favour of downsizing their wizard to lev 3+ some armour.

the black coach once again proved the true mvp, wiping out a unit of hagbane gladeguard while only receiving one sound then being counter charged by drychs, which it then ground down over the next 5 turns before winning due to flank charges.

Watchtower is a really comfy mode to play when you roll up raise dead and pop evocation ever6 turn

iPad posting, autocorrect and gyro images kill.

>a really neat watchtower battle
Those terms are mutually exclusive.

Besides that we don't get enough actual gaming content in these threads so please continue giving us battle reports. It's extra fun when you recognise some of the minis used.

Yeah, it's cool to see the fruit of fellow user's labours. I recognize the zombie unit filler and it's hard not to remember the sweet black coach.

Sir Bearington The Bear-Filler is also one of my favorites.

Eh, he's never let me down.

I suppose if you're going for power that user could just add two hellpits and a warplightning cannons then spend the rest on slave buses.

yeah I am still struggling to think how to base it, either I fuse a chariot basewith the 2 horse bases or cut a custom mdf base slightly longer than regular chariot base and stick it on that.

it is an older model and to my knowledge the newer 6-8th ed stuff really picked up their acts in logical basing for units!

and thanks user, I really wanted it to standout and thought what's spookier than a dead vampire powered by morslieb.
I also do have some spirit hosts more traditionally teal coloured, but I went with a really ectoplasmey colour blend for them because I like my ethereal ghostbuster style goopey.

if you can rank up wight kings you can rank up that dude

cheers user, I admit I've only ever played one other watchtower (which I won, so maybe I'm spoilt, it's certainly hard to crack units out of there)

thanks anons, when I find some suitably priced crypt ghouls I intend to make them a filler of a ghoul eating an empire dudes torso/head. I'd use mantic ones but I do sorta like the tribal gw look too, perhaps a blend of both would be suitable.

>short snouts

Are they really though?

kill yourself

Nippon (literally Empire with samurai) vs Skaven, ogres and goblins in Nippon + Cathay vs Ogres, warriors of Chaos and hobgoblins.

For a hero, I'd do Gotrek and Felix, with the campaign's objectives mainly about slaying monsters/enemy heroes

It's not balanced in the slightest. It's the "best" WFRP system because everything else is even worse.

Compared to the minis, yes.

Errantry war against norsca

Fuck off weaboo

This. Just tl;dr the shit man or link to your blog.

Protip: if it doest fit in one post, its not worth posting unabridged.

Fuck this guy.

>there will never be new literature from your favorite writer
>there will never be new models or (good) official art of your favorite units
>wfg will die out one by one
>its all over
Thanks GW

While /wfg/ is dying, the hobby will never really end. The setting has become entrenched enough in the hobby that it will be there a while. And there will always be people playing.

>gw dicebox
>gw tape measure
in hindsight really fucking stupid ever buying that crap.

got them for 3$ secondhand off ebay, not a big loss.

I hope you're right. Of course all the people I've known also still play in their group(s). But you wont see any new people starting WHFB anytime soon. At least not noticeable. And the minis will soon start to end in boxes in the basement.

Maybe I'm just still really buttflustered, but the End Times aren't over yet for me.