Hosting game session

>hosting game session
>guy shows up early
>brought a pumpkin pie
>in January

What is the most tactful way to avoid this crisis and call the session off?

What kind of turbo-autist are you where the month of the year determines whether or not you can enjoy free fucking pumpkin pie?

Start a fire in your house. That will be a good excuse.

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 it 8

Not OP but thats incredibly tacky. What are you a barbarian?

>Guy brings an entire fucking pie to a session
user, you have a fucking keeper there, don't fucking talk smack.

Please be trolling. No time is a bad time for pumpkin pie.

Disgusting creatures that complain when they get free food.

>What is the most tactful way to avoid the crisis
Just be honest to the guy so all your players know their DM is a faggot and can go find one who isnt.

I'm sorry if your palette can't handle food that isn't tendies or corn chips, user.

Pumpkin pie is the most basic pie there is you fucking casual

I'd say key lime pie is more basic.

Pumpkin pie is bland shit at any time of the year. At least apple pie has a little bit of an acid bite to it.

As long as you're not one of those future serial killers who put chedder cheese and mayo on their apple pie

They're called spices. Learn to use them.

>They're called spices. Learn to use them.

>Pumpkin spice

found the white bitch

Brother brought you a free pie and you're shitting on him on Veeky Forums? Seriously? The absolute state of jackasses.

I didn't know soy was a spice

Serious answer: Suck it up, punk, and enjoy your god damn free pie.

If it bothers you so much, bring out honey, syrup, jams, and let people decide for themselves.

What about a meat pie?

Explain your players calmly that you are having a severe case of the tism and need the rest of the night off.

Double crust and you have to cook the filling in stages, so more complex.

>spice
Right, because pumpkin pie is renowned for being super spicy and bursting with rich flavours, as opposed to bland shit that's just a bit sweet.

You can take your undeserved smugness and your shit pie and stuff them both up your ass.

The Dark Lords of Dunkin Donuts have siezed all supplies of pumpkin spice for themselves. They will not part with it but on their terms nor will they allow anyone but themselves to posses and manufacture stores of it.

>Pumpkin pie
>Pumpkin
>In a pie
The absolute state of you burgers

You faggots eat eel pie

Meat pie is a pain in the goddamned ass. The filling might be trivial but the crust is a ridiculous amount of work if you do it properly

>I have never had a decent pumpkin pie

What is this, Veeky Forums? Go back to eating sausages cooked in unholy ways, eurofag.

Drop the pie in your fireplace.

just let him suck your cock man, it'll chill you out and you'll run a better game

>chedder cheese and mayo on their apple pie
what in the god damn

no

no one does this

I refuse to believe this concept

>tfw your wife makes pumpkin flan for your group

it is if you make it right. sorry you live in ohio, where happiness and flavors go to die

>not dming for a chef who brings food and insists on cooking because he hates watching us eat pizza twice a month

By giving me that pie you lucky bastard.

Pumpkin is the best flavor, next to sweet potato and blackberry.

>stuffing your pie-hole with anything other than rhubarb or pecan
Did your mother not love you as a child?

>pecan
Enjoy eating pure sugar.

Texan here. Never heard of mayo, but a slice of good cheddar on an apple pie is pretty good. You get a salty+sweet dessert, so if you looe thst kind of thing, i suggest trying it.

Only 'people' eating eels down here are the blacks

>Euro
Nope
I'm sorry you haven't worked out pumpkin is a savoury food. Not everything needs to be swimming in corn syrup

>rhubarb
>not the vastly superior strawberry and rhubarb.

It's not just pure sugar, it's the purest sugar. Enjoy your gourds and roots you hobbit.

I'm reasonably confident mayo is a troll suggestion, or maybe they're talking about "real" mayonnaise which has very little in common with what most people think of when they think of mayo and can IIRC actually be a sweet sauce.

But cheddar makes a lot of sense, weird as it sounds.

Other Texan here, never heard of mayo on pie. Heard of cheese after my gf said she did it and I thought it was weird as hell.

You mean apple pie.

>Enjoy your gourds and roots you hobbit.

Fucking kek

>not being white
Sucks to suck, I'll be over here with my straight white male ass eating as much pumpkin spice as I want.

Peeling, coring, and slicing apples gets old quick.

>Not everything needs to be swimming in corn syrup

You think that's bad ask them how they prepare sweet potato.

>male
>eating pumpkin anything

Soy boy

>He's never had the best kind of pie.
Is this what freedom really means?

Is there anyone who truly prefers regular apple pies to dutch apple pies?

With marshmallow

Fuck you. Spiced pumpkin pie was good before the boys of soy and middle-class white divorcees ruined it. It's time we fucking take this shit back. I like pumpkin spice and I don't give a shit how much Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts try to ruin it.

Limoncello, too. They're trying to ruin that one for us too.

Nah, just a normal dude who loves thanksgiving.

Post a pick of your body if your too swole to like a type of pie.

A real man eats whatever he wants and tells haters to fuck off.

I for one love it when hipsters discover a flavor I really like. Because it means there's a huge glut of new products that taste like it, and I like that taste. I fondly remember the great mangosteen craze of 2007 and am really hoping the hipsters discover lychee.

You just figured out why /pol/ is super anal about what other people eat.

I've had it, it's shit

WHAT THE FUCK
This is why the world hates America

>player brings an entire pie
>doesn't force you to have any, but offers to share with all of you
>you somehow have a problem with this

Oh yeah, brown sugar and butter too.

>Tfw Americlap
>Tfw when you will never get a good savory pie.

>he's never had sweet potato with marshmallow and cinnamon sugar
...how the fuck else are you supposed to eat it?

Nah, the world hates America because Americans have their steak well done, with ketchup.

...how the fuck else are you supposed to eat it?

Fuck You pumpkin pie is amazing

>I like my meat bloody
Are you literally a caveman? We discovered fire kind of a long time ago, you know.

>Pie
Tiramisu is the best dessert.

Angrily confront him and kick him from the game infront of the entire group
After that please beat up the guy who bullied me in school and then tell my boss that I deserve a raise

What are you talking about? Pot pies are definitely a thing.

>Italian anything is the best
No. Just no.

I vomited a little

You roast it, the same way you eat pumpkin. With your lamb roast on Sunday, little bit of mint sauce on the lamb. Shit is the tits

THAT'S EVEN WORSE

Cheddar is fine, apples and cheese go well together. Mayo is redneck siracha, people put it on everything for the sake of putting it on everything.

I said good.

You bake pumpkin, also with brown sugar and butter (unless it's going into a pie).

Pro-tip: Make the gravy yourself instead of using the garbage in jars.

Medium, with enough flavor because that's why you marinate it.
Rare is best. Unless you are at a restaurant, then it's better to go with Medium Rare.

I'm the dm and I'm like that.
I only feed people who are on time. I haven't had anyone late in a year

Italians couldn't even make pizza popular until Americans got their hands on it. Pizza was an obscure napolitan dish until after "New York Style" pizza caught o nand actually got re-exported to Italy.

Anybody like coconut custard?

>You roast it, the same way you eat pumpkin. With your lamb roast on Sunday, little bit of mint sauce on the lamb. Shit is the tits

Dude, i'm gonna type as sober as possible, that honestly soundds fcking pathetic and digusting compared to my meal. and I'm being one hundred percent serious. Sorry we dont cook sht that was perviously in cans. you're a fuking joke dude, and im dead fuking serious. gert areal family that cooks good food, drinks beer and wine and winecoolers and has a good fuking time, and has a milliondollar house on the beach, im seriously.. dont eever potst your fuking poverty food on here ever the fuk again bro, and by bro i mean never my bro, fuking phaggot.

Does anyone not? Coconut custard is universal. It's such a given nobody thinks to ask.

>coconut custard
Fantastic

>tfw soy doesn't actually make you girly

You fags got my hopes up

you can slice it and oven roast with sliced butternut squash, onion, and ginger.
you can roughly mash it and serve with a sprinkle of sea salt.
hmm, you can add it to stews soups. Sweet potato is already a naturally sweet ingredient so you've got to take that into account when you're balancing the pot though

it's just your typical "getting things in reverse" situation.
Soy doesn't make you girly, but people who eat soy are girly.

Sprinkling Parmesan on bitter/savory pies tastes really good.

Either way, sweet pies and deserts in general taste like shit. I'll never understand it.

I was hoping I had an easy path to looking good in a skirt

Burger here.

Roasted sweet potatoes are delicious (with just a little butter if you haven't gotten your legally required 2000 calories of fat per day).

Unfortunately, they've also become a hipster food, and all of the various hipsterburger places in my area are stocking up on sweet potato fries. I'm not really complaining, because they're still god damn delicious, but sometimes its a bit much.

I made spiced meat pies for a campaign I was DMing. PC's were starting in a town with an overly large number of Tieflings; the town was something of a big tourist hotspot, so of course it had its own street food to force onto anyone entering town.

Took me longer to make the damn pies than to prep for the session.

Players apparently appreciated it though.

Never gonna happen because of those weird knees of yours

Am I the only one who cannot get the "select all the squares with street signs" captchas to work, at all?

No matter what, no matter how clear cut or obvious it is, they always reject me, no matter what. I've taken to just skipping them until a "select all the cars" or "remove all the roads" ones comes up.

Is this happening to everyone?

It started more as a jab a vegans with pseudoscience (and possibly Asians, as one of my "libertarian" friends was on soylent until he found out "that's why Asians were so weak".)

It's pretty much up there with vaccines causing autism. people latch on to it because they can feel better than others, feel more control in their lives, and have a cool new insult since they're starting to realize "cuck" is a forced meme.

>Veeky Forums
>Even needing the other boards anymore

>tfw libertarian on soylent
I guess it's girlishness for me, because this stuff is amazing.

Pound cake vs. Cheesecake. Either way, cake wins. GG pie.

Soylent shouldn't particularly make you girly. My cousin was on it and managed to lose quite a bit of weight on it.

Never could stand it personally. It's like drinking pancake batter.

I will unironically kill you.

crumbles can suck a dick. The best part of apple pie is the crispy crust that's not 90% sugar on top and the apple soaked crust on the bottom for perfect mouth feel.

>cake
Birthday
Angel Food
Coffee
German Chocolate
Wedding
Coconut
Black Forest
Ice Cream
>pie
Apple
Banana Cream