Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

Real space raid incoming edition

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/26/new-codexes-factions-our-heroes-and-more-breaking-news-from-the-las-vegas-opengw-homepage-post-1/

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_imperiumisacuck,acuck!FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Daily Duncan:
youtube.com/watch?v=SIaFtAKnqBU

>Old thread:

dark eldar sure would like a new unit

First for Admech

Tau Commander spam will win LVO calling it now. Does anyone watch the stream it's horrible production quality but that's because 40k/tabletop is really hard to cast well.

Best waifu reporting in.

tfw starting Age of Sigmar and losing interest in 40k and 40kg

nth for poorfags begging for Custodes PDF

Remember to paint a model, to be nice and to try and go to the store to actually play anons. You just have to make the first step.

Las Vegas Open is live right now. ESPORTS.

For the chaotic anons. If you can find warbands to fill in the holes appropriately, do tell me.

Guilty as charged, now, does anyone got it?

How about a named character? Like, the supreme leader of a kabal? Possibly even all the kabals? Wouldn't that be something?

3d printed terrain map at LVO of dota

Good, leave /40kg/ to real connoisseurs of excellent game that is Warhammer 40,000 8th edition.

yeah bring back some of the older ones

UHhhhh, Chosen of Nemeroth, The Redacted, maybe the Prodigal Sons if they've got a canon color scheme?

Inquisicute

I'm loving being able to watch competitive 40k in the future that is now. Best timeline.

Points and data sheet PDF is in the archive

Yes, they should bring back Kruellagh the Vile

I will.

The game doesn't make me feel welcome.

So anyone trying to play 1000pts with banana guard? Not a great list I guess but at least I will not fuck around with pushing dozens of minis anymore

Battalion Detachment +3CP [48 PL, 999pts]
+ HQ +
Captain-General Trajann Valoris [10 PL, 250pts]: Champion of the Imperium, Warlord
Shield-Captain [7 PL, 126pts]: Guardian Spear, Misericordia

+ Troops +
3x Custodian Guard Squad [8 PL, 163pts]
Custodian: Sentinel Blade, Storm Shield
2x Custodian: Guardian Spear

+ Elites +
Vexillus Praetor in Allarus Terminator Armor [7 PL, 134pts]: Misericordia, The Emperor's Light, Vexilla Magnifica

How about fucking Vect. Literally every army has a king character EXCEPT deldar. Even Nids have the swarmlord, and they're faceless bugs. And there's over a dozen space marine kings

>ELECTRONIC SPORTS
>I'm quitting plastic meth for plastic heroin

are there are other competitive ways to play tau besides this?

I really don't want any pictures that isn't in the same format as the others, hence why there's no Chosen of Nemeroth not the Crimson Slaughter. They don't have an example of that simple face view.

Go fuck yourself you bastard, fucking fuck I'm still grieving.

>he's gonna stop playing an army he's worked so hard on just because their rules are shit
>he's gonna let himself be cucked by golden banana bois by just giving up
Seriously faggot.

Why the fuck do you choose to start an army?
Because its strong in the current meta? Because it has OP units? Because you can make yourself feel good by beating random anons at a game that revolves around luck and rock paper scissors tier strategy?

Of fucking course not.
You started an army because you liked the models, you liked the lore, you loved painting and playing them.
And now you're just gonna give up because "I cant beat lil' timmy's Imperial guard, guess its time to roll over and cry"?

Fuck no, motherfucker.
My first army was goddamn Nids, I started during fucking 7th edition mate. I got fucking HAMMERED every game. Did that stop me? Fuck no. Grey Knights aren't the worst 8th ed and they aint unplayable. Believe me. You have no idea what nids were like in 7th. Every game was hopeless. I can win pretty handily with my GKs when I'm not going up against some bullshit HyperWAAC list.

Get off your ass, stop looking around for an army that'll make you "feel better", and realize the only armies that'll make you happy are the ones you already have?
You want to know why? Because you chose those armies for the right reason.

I just started AOS. You wanna know my army? Fucking BRETONNIANS. And I never played fantasy. But I'll start with the most memeworthy NPC army that exists, because I think they look fucking awesome, and no other AOS army gets me pumped up like Brets.

Get off your ass, have a good look at your units, models, codex, compendium and all that shit.
Find a damn way to make it work, motherfucker.

I believe in you.

So get to it.

Do knights bring anything unique to the table for a shooting heavy chaos space marine army? I have been working on an iron warrior army for a year now and I have 2000 points without a lord of war.

Drone spam with a dash of Commanders

Reposting because I didnt get a response
Hey guys hows my 2000 point list? Not trying to always win but not trying to suck

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [102 PL, 1999pts] ++

+ Heavy Support +

Talos [7 PL, 122pts]
. Talos: Macro-Scalpel, Macro-Scalpel, Stinger Pod

Talos [7 PL, 122pts]
. Talos: Macro-Scalpel, Macro-Scalpel, Stinger Pod

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [6 PL, 116pts]: Dark Lance, Shock Prow

Venom [4 PL, 95pts]: Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [5 PL, 85pts]
. 8x Kabalite Warrior
. Kabalite warrior with Heavy Weapon: Splinter Cannon
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

. 8x Kabalite Warrior

. 8x Kabalite Warrior

+ Flyer +

Razorwing Jetfighter [8 PL, 170pts]: 2 Dark Lances, Splinter Cannon

Razorwing Jetfighter [8 PL, 170pts]: 2 Dark Lances, Splinter Cannon

+ Fast Attack +

Scourges [6 PL, 150pts]
. Scourge with Special / Heavy weapon: Dark Lance x 4
. Solarite: Shardcarbine

+ HQ +

Archon [4 PL, 58pts]: Agoniser, Splinter pistol

Archon [4 PL, 58pts]: Agoniser, Splinter pistol

+ Elites +

Kabalite Trueborn [5 PL, 115pts]
. Dracon: Splinter Rifle
. Kabalite Trueborn with Special Weapon: Blaster x 4

Kabalite Trueborn [5 PL, 115pts]
. Dracon: Splinter Rifle
. Kabalite Trueborn with Special Weapon: Blaster x 4

Sslyth [3 PL, 31pts]

++ Total: [102 PL, 1999pts] ++

Lawrence from Tabletop Tactics is apparently running an Ulthwe army.

That's a bit odd, isn't Alaitoc the WAACfag army these days?

whats the general approach to wargame exclusive minis? Talking non-tournament play

Whatcha starting user? I like the Ironjawz. I'm slowly trying to paint and convert every model to be a member of the WoW WoD Iron Horde. I figured at least 1 model for each clan, with Ardboye as generic brown orcs.

sick board

ask your friends, not nerds on the internet

>caring enough to write all this tripe

Yes and he is no where near the top as far as score goes.

>tfw i'm so used to fielding lots of models that including a 300+ model makes me feel like i'm playing a smaller game

tl dr

Beastclaw Raiders

The kits are awesome. 2011 must have been an awesome year, think it was the same year that Dark Eldar launched too.

>Watching WHTV Twitch stream of LVO
>They don't know whether -1 modifiers effect Overwatch making things unhittable.

geez, they really don't play their game do they

Soul Drinkers?

Where can you see the scores?

Eh, whatever.

>always have an inquisitor in my list
>usually does nothing
It's a shame you have to take a named character or make them a psyker to have an appreciable affect on the game. She's still a cute tho

Fuck that. Plastic incubi are literally all I care about for DE model-wise.

>tfw no games

twitch dot tv/warhammer
twitch dot tv/frontlinegaming_tv

Any others?

KILL ALL SOUP FUCKERS

WHTV is pretty terrible as far knowing their own game goes. I don't really understand how they stay being employed.

Standalone bananas aren't competitive so run whatever you want cause you're just doing it for fun.

A side note, but I don't understand the people that so ecstatic over having short turns. I like moving my dudes around. Isn't that more fun than waiting for your opponent to move their dudes around?

can we get at least 1 new model pls

Eh, I guess I could. Where would you put them though? TSS because mutations?

>new person joins group
>yea I really like the tau
>i like the big robots because it reminds me of Macross
>immediately points to stormsurge
>i really like this one
>painfully put on a smile and pretend not to hate him

Considering I just got started trying to work on a box of Resin Incubi and having to shelve them for a week so I can bring them into the store so my main guy there can help me with them. I would kill for plastic Incubi.

BCP app

Heroic Intervention on normiebook.

Why?

I don't really know, probably, really I just like the purple

shadespire grand finals I believe is next on whtv

just say "as a beginner you should go for a more balanced force". that was hard

DE don't need new models
Eldar NEED new models
Orks NEED new models
IG NEED new models for their ugly as sin foot soldiers
The Dark Eldar release a few years ago updated more than enough of the line

Looks fine, you'll have fun playing it. What kind of advice are you looking for? Minor improvement or full on WAAC?

The general impression I get from Tabletop Tactics is that they are a bunch of WAACfags but are so bad/misinformed that they don't end up playing that way.

Except for Bone... that guy's enthusiasm for the game/lore is a gem in a sea of shit.

Agreed, but Vect would nice

Why people keep posting these fucking custodian lists? They are all the same.

Most of the usual suspects of /40kg/ will either greentext or ignore this post, but my dude this is the proper attitude to approach this game and one I wish more people here had.

Wrong. None of them NEED new models. They WANT new models.

Now Space Marines NEED new models.

I used to play skaven and my God - even with movement trays it was a horror to play against me. I decided to not be that guy anymore and try to play more elite armies

I tried to steer him towards a SC as best I could, though I would have preferred to steer him towards another army entirely because I hate tau.

What rules would negative cover have?
Reduce saving throws by 1?
Increase enemy shooting results by 1?
Halve the movement?
Pic related, can we get ANY models at all?

Sacrifice is neccessary
It's why I don't like that the new mini-knight exists
The time and energy spent making that model should have been making new boyz or guardsmen or aspect warriors

Shop was full, all the tables taken. I tried to set up a game with some guys for next time but they weren't sure if they wanted to commit to it so I guess I just gotta wander in some other time and hope they're there.

The Stormsurge is trash, though. It's got like 18" range, 6" movement, no Deep Strike, and it costs over 400 points. Just let him proxy one and stomp his shit until he realizes that he needs to go buy 300 boyz instead.

I was asking why don't you have any games. Go to the store. Ask to play/learn to play.

The growth of ESPORTS should push everyone to WAAC hopefully

Eeehhhh, plastic grots, Incubi, and Mandrakes would be welcome. There's enough conversion opportunity for the court at least, especially with DoK Sigmar.

Orks NEED plastic warbosses, how much Eldar need plastic depends on what your opinion on resin is.

You are my hero user. This is solid gold.

Eldar do need model upgrade
So does IG (Jesus please squat Cadian foot force)
Orks are due for december and will probably get whole new model range.
DE should get at least 1 model, realeasing pure codex is just being a faggot company

Maybe you can ask for the shop manager to set you up with someone?

>New models for xenos
>when GW could sell another primarch and 30 new space marine kits
>when DE just got like 15 new kits in 5th
>and they got Ynnari last year

It's like you're not even trying to make money.

Triumvirate of Ynnead proves that Eldar of all flavors are a poorly selling race. GW isn't going to release kits until they at least start selling as well as bananamen.

>plastic incubi

Why don't you have 10+ metal ones user? I have 20 and I don't even use them.

The cadian foot soldiers aren't even that bad compared to the abortions that are the catachans
Do they still sell them in that old light grey plastic?

I will refuse to run models I don't like aesthetically until the end of time. I don't care how good their rules are. Fashionhammer forever.

>deldar
>ynnari
Only faggots want ynnari

>always have an inquisitor in my list
>always steals the show, making saves against impossible odds

This
No electro priests will ever come near my table

I imagine they know the game a bit better than the average /40kg/ poster. Could you imagine if they had /40kg/ posters casting the games?
>"And Joey's going move Guilliman up the field in range of Tyler's Exocrine while maintaining just enough distance to confer Guilliman's auras to his Hellblaster Squad and Celestine because HES A FUCKING SOUP WAACFAG THAT LITERALLY CAN'T STOP GARGLING SOMALI COCK."

This. Looks > rules. Everyone else is a waacfag for playing the most powerful shit instead of what they think is cool.

Unless you're a soup fag because then you should fucking kill yourself

would it be wrong of me to use primaris models as regular tac marines for because i like the way they look
new here pls no bully

with your logic we can just squat everything non-space marine and go back to horus heresy.
Which would be total shit

Come on
Buy a few NDK, all the cool Grey Knight players run 1 or maybe 4

Incubi are probably the only DE model I actually enjoy. I might buy some one day, just for the hoarding.

I'd watch this.

Found out this guy plays 40k... competitively even. I used to love his enthusiasm for SC even though he was no good at it. How's he doing in the tournament? I heard he was taking Tyranids.

don't see anything wrong with it as long as the bases are the same

There are negative terrain in rules and chapter approved

No. And Intercessors are actually better than Tacticals now. You don't even need to have them as Tacticals, play them as is.

"Knights of Gryphone"

Are they known for anything? I like their scheme and might use it someday.

Yes, it would be wrong. Stop being a dipshit.