Reach heaven through violence

Reach heaven through violence.

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/rujaobyt86i14ov/Broken Worlds1.1.pdf?dl=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does anyone have the PDF? I happen to have lost mine during a grand virus attack recently.

Also ive made a character and i must say, trying to find a GM isnt super easy so far.

dropbox.com/s/rujaobyt86i14ov/Broken Worlds1.1.pdf?dl=0

What are Metraton, Jagganoth and Incubus waiting for?, if they wanted to destroy the multiverse they could have done so long ago, the rest of the demiurges are no match for them.

Metatron is crippled and a prisoner in their own body (also bound by the Old Laws) and Jagganoth can actually be matched by the rest of the Demiurges, plus who knows what else may stand in his way, wiping out all of creation isn't so simple.

Jeez, Mammon is all fucked up.

But Allison is even more fucked up, so I guess it's even.

Metatron is on life support, Jagg is strong but not THAT strong, and Incubus is more interested in fucking everyone over than he is in actually winning.

I don't think Incubus wants to destroy it, or at least I didn't get that impression from him

Metatron is prolly still getting ready to wreck shit - he's obviously wasn't in his full power your a while

Jagganoth is a mystery, but he might not be as powerful as he appears.

>Jagganoth is a mystery, but he might not be as powerful as he appears.
Jagganoth is leagues stronger than all of the other Seven, the whole reason for their 'peace' is because if the other six don't work together, they could not stop Jagganoth

The Master and The Boss classes are the coolest.

Which is the more terrifying of possible futures
>Jaggy is as powerful as is claimed to be, to the point where if enough of the other Kings died off, nothing could stop him.
>Jaggy isn't as powerful as is claimed to be, and once he's bumped off the Peace has no reason to continue.

If it's any consolation, once Allison masters her key and attains Royalty, which is likely what will happen by the end game, she will manhandle Jagganoth.

>tfw you will never be Zoss

It's sad that the seven couldn't keep their truce in good spirits, ruling reality with your bros sounds really comfy. It seems like only Solomon is content with the way things are even though he's the pride demiurge.

No one is content, they are stagnant. It's the reason the Seven are the villains of the comic, they have so much power and Want, but do nothing to further their ambition and just sit around doing jack shit.

Why did Zoss want to punch God in the face?

It was more that he wanted to meet God and instead found God's dead realm full of angels that viewed him as an intruder.

>Reach heaven through violence
This comic makes me cringe so much, because it's exactly the shit sixteen year old me made. On the other hand I fucking love the comic, because it's exactly the shit sixteen year old me made.

Is the RPG any fun?

Why does it make you cringe? Oh..you don't think that means to literally reach heaven through violence, do you? Are you the type who takes the saying "if you meet Buddha on the road, kill him" at face value, then?

The Refined is my favorite, I don't know any other game that lets you play a class that revolves entirely around aesthetics.

No, user, I don't take it at literally (although you should obviously consider that as well), because I too know bits and bobs of mysticism.

It makes me cringe in the same way reading something you wrote as a teenager makes you cringe. It's quivering with gravitas and so deep references, just like I would write.

The actual characters are pretty good though. It's just the "prose".

Well, one of the masters Aesma was sent to learn from was the master of aesthetic

So..philosophy makes you cringe?

I don't know man, I fucking love artful use of language. In some cases it's pretentious, but with K6BD I feel like he knows exactly how it comes across, and it is all exactly what it was intended to be with no pretense at anything deeper.

It reminds me a lot of authors like Roger Zelazny. Lord of Light and all that shit.

1.Glory to the Divine Corpse, o breaker of infinities.
2. I am Meti, of no house but myself. In my 108th year I am surrounded by fools. My compatriots cling obsessively to their destiny, and my only apprentice is an idiot speck of a girl with more talent for eating than skill with the blade. Therefore I have decided to die drowning in the boiling gore of my enemies, of which there are many.
3. My master was the greatest lord general to the king Au Vam, Ryo-ten-Ryam, who first coaxed me into learning the ways of turning men into ghosts. As his interest quickly turned to the wholly uninteresting and most useless parts of my body, I returned the favor and relieved him of his.
4. It is my personal opinion the straight sword is best if you can obtain one, but I also favor the sabre. The spear, stave, or club are peasant's weapons of which I am wholly unfamiliar and so will not speak on them.
5. Upon meeting me, you might find that my appearance is quite dreadful and unkempt. I have been spat upon by priest, king, and merchant alike. I have no retainers, and possess nothing except a straight sword six hand spans (five and a half kret) long (this is the proper length). This is because I am Royalty and the undisputed master of the principal art of Cutting. I will fight naked with ten-thousand men.
6. From the age of thirteen I practiced every day with the straight sword. I followed a strict vegetarian regimen, and harsh training of barefoot sprints (five) between cities, squats and breathing exercises (two bells), and sword drills and resistance training (three bells).

7. By the age of sixteen, my body was a steel edifice. I was so often mistaken for a man I began to wear my hair long with no pins and unbind my breasts. I could break stone with my hands with no effort, I could sprint between the Yellow City and the Lunar dominions in a day or less and barely strain my breath. My mastery of the sword complete, I enlisted in the Middle Army's third legion, where I was widely respected as a swordswoman of incredible power.
8. When it came time to face my first real opponent, the Colossus of Pardos, in my youthful pride and immense skill, I brought all my training and mastery to bear. Scarcely half a day passed before my sword was shattered into thirty pieces, my right leg was almost torn from its socket, and my honed body was broken pathetically in a hundred and forty places. I defeated him by gouging his brains out through his breathing valves. My thumbs, in this case, proved far more useful.
9. At that moment, with my thumbs in his brains, I had a revelation. I had trained far too broadly. Existence and the act of combat are absolutely no different, and the essence of both, the purity of both, is a singular action, which is Cutting Down Your Opponent. You must resolve to train this action. You must become this action. Truly, there is very little else that will serve you as well in this entire cursed world.
10. I hope that by reading this manual, you will be thoroughly encouraged to become a farmer.

Mastering the Sword
1. YISUN's glory is great, and you may know this by two paths, the sanctioned words, and the sanctioned action.
2. The sanctioned words are YS ATN VARAMA PRESH. The meaning of these words is YISUN and their attainment is Royalty.
3. The sanctioned action is to Cut.
4. To Cut means division by the blade of Want, that parer of potentials that excises infinities.
5. To train with the sword, first master sweeping. When you have mastered sweeping, you must master the way of drawing water. Once you have learned how to draw water, you must split wood. Once you have split wood, you must learn the arts of finding the fine herbs in the forest, the arts of writing, the arts of paper making, and poetry writing. You must become familiar with the awl and the pen in equal measure. When you have mastered all these things you must master building a house. Once your house is built, you have no further need for a sword, since it is an ugly piece of metal and its adherents idiots

Ackchually Buddhism and Gnosticism and the like are religions. Also nah, it's his very specific style. Which I do also like for the aforementioned reason.
I wouldn't call it pretentious or artful, desu. It just feels like a really sincere but hamfisted attempt to do something he's genuinely into.

It is completely acceptable to take them at face value tho, it's not like there's a situation IRL were you will actually put them in practice (I think).

The 18 Precepts
1. Consider: there is no such thing as a sword.
2. Your stance must be wide. You must not be spare with the fluidity of your wrists or shoulders. You must have grip on the handle that is loose and unstrained. I heard it said you must be tender with your sword grip, as though with a lover. This is patently false. A sword is not your lover. It is a hideous tool for separating men from their vital fluids.
3. Going onwards, you must adjust hands as needed, do not keep the blade close to your body, keep your breathing steady. This is the life cut. You must watch your footwork. Your feet must be controlled whether planted on fire, air, water, or earth in equal measure.
4. Breathing is very important! Is the violent breath of life in you not hot? Exhale! Exult!
5. You must strive for attachment-non-attachment when cutting. Your cut must be sticky and resolute. A weak, listless cut is a despicable thing. But you must also not cling to your action, or its result. Clinging is the great error of men. A man who strikes without thought of his action can cut God.
6. To cut properly, you must continually self-annihilate when cutting. Your hand must become a hand that is cutting, your body a body that is cutting, your mind, a mind that is cutting. You must instantaneously destroy your fake pre-present self. It is a useless hanger on.

There's a beauty in the way he uses language. It's twisted and arcane, and I kind of love it. Might just be me, but it never struck me as anything negative.

7. A brain is useful only up until the point when you are faced with your enemy. Then it is useless. The only truly useful thing in this cursed world is will. You must suffuse your worthless body with its terrible heat. You must be so hot that even if your enemy should strike your head off, you shall continue to decapitate ten more men. Your boiling blood must spring forth from your neck and mutilate the survivors!
8. You must never make 'multiple' cuts. Each must be singular in its beauty, no matter how many precede it. You must make your enemies weep with admiration, and likewise should your head be shorn off by such an object of beauty, you must do your best to shed tears of respect.
9. When decapitating an enemy, it is severe impoliteness to use more than one blow.
10. A man who finds pleasure in the result of cutting is the most hateful, crawling creature there is. A man who finds pleasure in the act of cutting is an artisan.
11. Man always strives to cut man. Therefore he who draws his sword the fastest is the survivor. To pre-empt this, you must live, eat, and shit as a person who has their sword drawn. It doesn't matter whether your blade, in actuality, is always out of its sheathe, though you will look like an idiot if it is.
12. Consider: The undefeated swordsman must be exceptionally poor.

13. The weak swordsman reserves his sword strokes. He clings excessively to his blade. His footwork is unsteady. His grip is too hard and he is afraid to crack the earth with his step. He has a shallow and wandering gaze, his tongue is sluggish and pale. He refuses to exhale the hot breath of the Flame Immortal.
14. The weak swordsman clings to victory. He thinks of his life, his obligations, the outcome of the battle, his hatred for his opponent, his training, his pride in his mastery. By doing so, he is an imperfect vessel for the terrible fires of Will. He will surely crack. He will not laugh uproariously if he is cleft in two by his opponent’s blade. When his sword is shattered, his hands will be too reserved to tear his enemies’ flesh.
15. The weak swordsman strikes his enemy down and thinks his task done. He relishes in victory. He casts away his sword and returns to his lover. Little does he know his single cut will encircle the world five times and strike him down fifty-fold.
16. The weak swordsman clings to his instrument. It is better you have a sword, but death must lie under your fingernails, if need be. Learn death with your elbows, death with your knees, and death with your thumbs and fingertips. It is said death with the tongue is useful, but I find words too soft an instrument to smash a man’s skull.
17. In manners of terrain, you must learn to cut yourself from it. You must cut even your footprints from it, if need be. Have complete awareness of each crawling thing and each precious flower, each blade of sweet grass and each clod of bitter earth, each beating heart and each being that thrums with love, hope, and admiration. Only then are you qualified to be their annihilator.
18. Excess heat and excess coldness are undesirable. Learn to read the weather.

Closing
1. It is said the greatest warrior-kings may sublime violence and forget all they learn about the sword. This is true. But the only true path to kingship lies through regicide.
2. Moreover, only the worst kind of idiot strives to be king.
3. My extreme hope is that some measure of wisdom will penetrate the thick skull of my apprentice. If not, may reading this manual demonstrate your powerful disinterest in it, and may its true value die with me.
4. Reach heaven by violence.

Where can I read the comic? I know about the website but I want to read it in a more comfy format. Does anyone have it collated in a cbr file or something?

Nope, you either read it from the website, or buy the first book online, sorry mate.

First and second, sorry, didn't realize the second book was out.

The aspects of the Art of Cutting and it's users is such an interesting story element

I really love the art and direction in KSBD but I got pretty far in it and had to stop because I had no fucking idea what was going on.
I mean, is any of it really explained? Am I retarded for not reading all the extensive writing?(I thought it was filler).
I really want to enjoy KSBD, guys.

Part of it is accepting that some parts aren't explained and don't need to be understood. The rest is always reading the textbox underneath, the short stories and the mouseover text.

>Reach heaven through violence.

Isn't that CHIM?

Yes, if I remember correctly the author is a fan of TES, he openly took the whole "royalty" concept from it.

How can you not get whats going on? The comic does a fine job explaining what needs to be known, with the extra writing just lending flavor to the setting.

it's because i'm not very smart, user

I'll admit, it's not hard at all to spot the parallels between K6BD and TES.

Very well, sit down and tell me what you don't understand, I shall attempt to guide you through it.

if you already conquered the multiverse, what else can you do?

If you stand at the top of the mountain but cannot see anything higher, perhaps its your eyes that are bad?

What is it that you don't understand?

Solomon isn't content, he's arrogant. Each one of the Seven are trapped in hells of their own making:
-Everything Mother Om did was to feed her endless hunger for life and its pleasures, out of fear of weakness and death.
-Mammon is consumed by his Count, the ceaseless and pointless accumulation of treasure for its own sake.
-Incubus is so PO'd by the fact that he's the johnny-come-lately to godhood that he wants to ass-fuck the others into oblivion.
-Jagganoth wants to blow up the entire cosmos to prove he has the biggest dick (metaphorically speaking).
-Solomon is smug because he's convinced he's already the equal of Zoss, probably.
Not sure about the other two, but the theme here is pretty obvious.

Abaddon says Jagganoth's motivations are the most interesting, but we won't know them till the the last book, which will deal with him

what's at the top of the multiverse

the bottom of the multiverse.

Or maybe just really damn good ice cream and a nice parking spot with a rustic bench.

I save and number each page (most are saved with correct number) to a series of sub folders, book 1, chapter 1 sort of shit.

When I want to re-read I just open in photo viewer and tap the arrow key to see the next page baby!

They're all afraid of Zoss/ anyone with the power in that single key.

put it on mega please

Do I need to make an account for that?

Donno, ignore it if you have to. Try dropbox as well

Was the Universal War CYOA just straight adapted from this?

The what?

They both borrow very heavily from Hindu mythology so that's not very surprising

>Makes three of the most enlightened beings give up all faith in their wisdom and achieves the greatest level of enlightenment entirely through impulsive stupidity
>Nearly lifts up the entire fucking universe to throw at a world destroying god entirely because he dumped her, doesn't even fucking realize she nearly ended all existance
>Accidentally created mortals and thus arguably altered reality to a level pretty much only YISUN (if even he) could manage purely because she just felt like breaking shit
>Hated by basically every other god in existence outside of YISUN, who considers her his favourite follower and the only one to truly follow his lessons (despite being too fucking stupid to even realize she is following his lessons)
Is there any god more based than fucking Aesma?

She didn't nearly, she DID lift the Wheel, and it took a bunch of people begging her for her to put it back down

YS-Prim is like the Disney princess of burning down Disney

UN-Hansa demands cigars to pay attention to you despite knowing full well that you, him, and the tobacco, and everything else are all elaborate lies. He also doesn't let the fact that it's his doom stop him from the granddaddy of all hot boxing and making Gandalf feel grossly inadequate.

Hansa also achieved enlightement by not giving a fuck about it enough.

Then let me give you the basic understanding.

A young girl has decided to finally lose her virginity to her (implied to be something of a dick) boyfriend. Just as things reach the point where she must either commit to the decision, or change her mind, ZOSS enters the room, and punches his Key in her head.

This drags the girl into Heaven, where we learn that God is dead, all the archangels are dead, and their corpses form the islands that dot Heaven.

ZOSS, the first being powerful enough to make his way to Heaven, discovered the absence of God, and took out his Frustrations on the Archangels. He discovered that Heaven is, in essence, the hub of Worlds: every one of the infinite worlds of creation can be reached from Heaven, through their Doors.

Discovering this, ZOSS forged the King Key, that can open all doors.

Over time, 7 Entities, called "Demiurges" arose, and ZOSS vanished. The 7 Entities each claimed Dominion over one 7th of Heaven, content in the knowledge that they would rule all of creation for all of time.

Except that a Prophecy says that ZOSS will choose his heir, and that Heir will cast down the Demiurges and attain the throne of Heaven.

Meaning this teenage girl, who was seconds from maybe losing her virginity, is now THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN EXISTENCE.

thus ends the introduction.

It's obviously just a noodle vendor that has the best noodles in creation.

How the fuck does this not sound like the lamest run of the mill YA shit to you?

Its the execution that makes it great you plebeian

This is true. Our protagonist hasn't ended up in some kind of love triangle with two nearly identical, uninteresting men, and agonising over which one to date despite it being painfully obvious that the one who showed up first is the author's favorite and they're going to end up together anyway.

The execution is terrible.

The writing literally is YA shit.
The main character is SAD and INSECURE and ANGSTY.
She got a "cool" mentor and a misunderstood big brother character with gender issues.

The only thing of value in this pile of shit are the concept of the world wheel and some aesthetics. Reading any of the dialogues will give you an aneurysm.

He uses Reddit spacing, do you really expect him not to love trite garbage?

>This guy still thinks reddit spacing is a thing
>Being so utterly retarded you dont realise people have been using this in your super secret club forever

The extra writing is dead filler. A few words now and then is one thing. Here you get random shit once a page at least.

It has nothing to do with being smart. It's a lot of dead weight. It makes it difficult to decide what is and isn't important information.

You didn't read a lot of young adult fiction, did you?

While I don't think the storyline is that bad I'm not going to defend it, I feel like the isekai-like story revolving around Allison is a waste of a perfectly good setting. Like why do you take so much effort worldbuilding just to limit us to an outsider perspective?, I wish the comic was about one of the demiurges rather than misplaces teenage girl but I guess that would demand a more complex plot and more work.

I guess it would be a little bit more relatable to the readers, who are from the same world Allison is from. I imagine trying on the mindset of an atomic explosion encased in stone who was created to serve a higher being but that being is dead is not every reader's cup of tea, and would need an extra oomph of skill on the writer's part to get right.

Whilst just making the story being about this girl from our world that got Isekai'd by Zoss-truck and slowly acculturating to the strange customs and cultures of this other world would smoothly lead the readers to similarly acculturize themselves to the setting with less fuss. Because then the effort could be made to create further depth to the lore. Albeit the extra lore would be a bit esoteric since the reader have to dig it themselves from corroborating sources - but it makes sense for those who want to know more to dig more themselves.

I think it's just unecessary, it's not like Allison is particularily inquisitve about the things she encounters anyway, most of the stuff we know about the setting still had to be dug from extra info and QAs, usually the point of Isekai is that the protagonists are drawn to a generic rpg world so the drive of the story comes from the ways the savvy protagonist interacts with the world around him, in this case where you have such a rich setting that the protagonist just doesn't quite gets it's honestly just a waste.

It became even worse for me after Broken Worlds came out, I can't help but realize how much better the story would be if the protagonist was one of the characters you can use there.

The cool thing about being human is that you can create characters who are human, even if they are technically an atomic explosion encased in stone.

This discussion about the comic is all well and good, but could someone give a tl;dr of the RPG?
I at the very least like the weird aesthetic of it, does it carry over to the game well?

What does 'Necessary' mean, in the context of storytelling?

Why does necessary matter if they are talking about unnecessary?

Because defining 'Unnecessary' requires a definition of 'Necessary', and I'm curious what they think a story Needs, to the point they'd criticism something for not being what the story needed. It's a critique I find it quite hard to understand.

Oh, so what you are trying to ask is "Why is it unnecessary" ?

No. I'm asking what they consider necessary to storytelling, because that tells me more about their point than the specific question in this case.

Their point is that they feel the story has unnecessary elements.

Yes. And to understand what they mean by that, a definition of what they consider 'necessary' in the context of storytelling would be useful, as such a thing is not intuitive.

Oh jesus shut the fuck up

it does and it is (except for great art)

it does not

no u

I agree. There is something raw and straightforward in it.

That's a pretty broad question.
That's like asking 'What makes food tasty?'
Aside from the very broadest strokes, it's easier to say what doesn't then what does.
Garlic makes savory food tasty, but you would't want it on your pancakes, a pinch of salt makes pastries better, but spoonfuls ruin it.

In storytelling, there are (in my opinion) three categories ' 'things' (events, characters, places, all the 'ingredients of the story) can fall under:
>Plot
>Character
>World

If something doesn't contribute (enough) to any of these categories it can be seen as unnecessary. Cutting the fat is an important part of effective writing.

Without having actually read much of the comic myself (i just came here wondering about the game, but no one seems to want to actually talk about that), i'll just pose these questions without actually knowing the answers:

>What does an Isekai'd MC bring to the story that someone from that world doesn't?
>What does it add to the story that she is from our world?

>>Does this show interesting parallels?
>>Is she capable of thing because of this that others aren't?
>>Does she have knowledge or brings novel ideas to the world?
>>What makes her more relatable then the stereotypical 'farm boy with a destiny'?

(Of course, there's always Æsthëtics and genre conventions, but this is a web comic and not a LN, so i don't it plays into it here)

1. Its an excuse for exposition. Classic fish out of water.
2. Nothing necessarily, she could be from any as of yet unconquered world, but as a result we understand only what she does. Simple story writing.

Your last few questions are weird, because it assumes she has a destiny. You need to read more of the comic.

As i said, i didn't read very far, i just possed the question for that user to consider.

(And with 'farm boy with a destiny' i meant the prototypical monomyth protagonist. Luke, Frodo, etc)

The whole point of the story is Zoss chose an outsider, someone who has not lived in Throne and been tainted by it's influence. Zoss needs someone to fix Throne, tear down the Seven and clean up his mistakes. Since Allison is an outsider, and also just some random chick, she has a different perspective and can come to different conclusions.

I think so. The RPG basically allows you to take the role of someone from the universe, anyone in fact, from another universe, or even on Throne, the main setting. It's a Powered by Apocalypse based game, which can allow for much crazier and strange moves and actions. I think the aesthetic carries over well, as theres an actual mechanic for doing impossible things, like shattering mountains, and the character classes have a variety of abilities that really make you feel like some crazy super martial artist, like being able to easily knock aside attacks from Giants, or tear through a mountain simply because it is in your way, or speaking one seventh of the name of God and dropping a verbal nuke in a room.

>Powered by Apocalypse based
Into the trash it goes.

This is what Allison will look like by the end of the comic according to the author, Abaddon.