Summoner Edition

>Unearthed Arcana: Three Subclasses
media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/UA-3Subclasses0108.pdf

>Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
latest update-mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
Use the Readme to get it working if you're computer illiterate, or ask for help ITT.

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous Thread:
What's the worst thing a player has ever done?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=posly5dFpo0
1d4chan.org/wiki/Necroputer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=posly5dFpo0

Why are DMs in video series so bad?

Our cleric abandoned the party mid-dungeon and teleported back into their base, stole all their money and shit, then disappeared to the other side of the world.

At my table? Nothing really comes to mind.

In general? I think recall one incident where a guy killed another player with a hatchet mid-game because of a disagreement regarding loot.

We have always played with six players and last session one couldn't make it and one other got fed up with not being in the spotlight enough he got up and left.
Playing with just 4 people was so much smoother and better.

My DM told me about the first time he played at a local board game shop. He said he was nervous to go in because he thought there would just be neckbeards and high school weebs. It wasn't going too poorly, until a guy asked to roll to rape another PC who was a woman and sitting right next to him

because the only thing they're good at is DBZA and they've stopped making DBZA to do other shit they aren't good at.

I don't think the DM is part of TFS.

not the worst, but probably the dumbest

>Barkeep "the barrels in the basement explode sometimes"

>player: *shanks barrel*

Worst as in evilest?

1d4chan.org/wiki/Necroputer

Would you commit genocide to have a working PC?

According to my DM? Seal Team Sixing every door. He threatened that he might make one explode if I keep doing it.

What other patrons would you like warlocks to get?

Hey /5eg/

I'm a first time DM and I made the mistake of letting one of my players play a Bugbear Fighter.

Now he's got a 15 ft reach Polearm with Sentinel and he's gonna get Polearm Master later. Rather than just tell him he's not allowed, how do I counter shit like this?

DM patron

First session of a new campaign
DM: Your character is in jail. How did you get there?
That guy: My character is a paladin, they wouldn't be in jail
DM: Perhaps they were wrongly accused of something
That guy: No, I'm not in jail.

Worst thing? "Played" in our game

Rock fall

Can avenging angel be fluffed as father anderson's monster of god form?

Mechanical patron (A modron, an inevitable, primus himself, an AI type deal) that doesn't rely on the setting for its class features.

A Sentient Plane patron, for example neth. Gives them all sorts of planar powers like being able to open rifts they can fire spells through, and redirecting attacks.

Sp I'm playing with the idea of a Faerie catcher type character. Best build to represent this?

Is Fey Pact Warlock too obvious?

Retcon him to human size, or make him so slow he gets a turn every 2 player turns. Is there really something wrong with telling a dude "hey you're doing something gamebreaking, and I have to put a stop to it".

If he objects, have him encounter a time lord carrying a soft rubber warhammer with NERF on it and shrink him.

Glamour bard

I think a Mechanus-based patron could be super rad.
Either that or a Mechanus bloodline.

Bugbears are human size with long fucking arms

Electric Zombies

That's right, you fucking heard me, electric zombies. Have tonnes of weak enemies who're capable of casting shocking touch.
Shocking touch strips you of your ability to take a reaction, have the electric zombies (or whatever other fodder creature that knows shocking touch) go in first and attack him, then have the big creature go in and close the gap.

Remember, you can only take 1 reaction a turn.

Also remember, you can only make opportunity attacks against targets you can see, so if you can blind him or create a heavily obscured area you can get close without him making an opportunity attack.

Just don't do these

Give them some non combat encounters that give the other players a chance to shine, and let the bugbear have his 15ft reach in combat. He chose what he wanted to be good at, so just let him be good at it.

Next time, you gotta let them know upfront you won't allow certain combinations of feats.

I'm just wondering what sort of features they'd have.

Maybe since Mechanus is based on law, you can choose to take average damage instead of rolling for it?

Aight, I could dig it. Maybe he needs to capture Fae to be able to use their magics for his class features.

You got another way to spin it?

Is Sun Soul Monk bad?

I've never played Monk before and we're probably gonna be level 3 next session and I wanted to go Sun Soul, but the DM said it isn't very good.

Sunsoul is fine
All monks are fine except WoT4E

Ins't designing an encounter to kill a guy just "rocks fall"? You're describing a gangup in the dark.

I would love to hear the justification for a 15' reach, unless he's spinning and holding a halberd one-handed. In which case, force a STR check every attack or fumble it.

Or have them fight in narrow quarters where swinging it is impossible.

It's not the worst. That goes to the WOT4E monk
It's not the second worst either, that goes to the Kensei monk.
It might be the third worst, though it has to contend with Long Death.

But thats not to say its bad, nothing in 5e is truly bad except WOT4E

Add more ranged creatures and environmental concerns to combat encounters so there's less need for enemies to get close for things to be compelling. Consider flying creatures with Flyby as well--makes them immune to opportunity attacks, or quaicorporeal things that can go through walls and/or resist his melee attacks, or those slimes that'll multiply off of slashing if he's got a glaive. Have a few more solutions to problems rely less on stabbing in general.

In any case remember you don't want to *neutralize* what he does well, just ensure he doesn't one-man-show everything.

Alternatively talk to him about retconning the bugbear or disallowing another feat. The general framing being "your character is simply too rad for both of those feats" should hopefully make that go down easier if that's the route you go.

Beastmaster, Trickery cleric, and Assassin are on there too.

Wildmagic sorc is DM dependant but can be terrible, as can GOO warlock.

>quaicorporeal
Fuck. *Quasicorporeal

re: bugbear
I don't give a fuck how long his arms are, here's a reference, a guy with the longest polearm ever used in warfare. Even if you give him Slenderman's arms it's extremely unusable, especially considering it's so heavy it's only good for sticking into people. So that's the rational explanation for no 15'

>Warhammer/Maul, but with silver coins tied to the head in order to attack spooky spirits
Would you allow it? (With some offsets, off course)

>not just filling a sock with silver pieces
pussy shit

that's actually a pretty clever, maybe if they roll a crtical failure the coins fall of the weapon

elegan/tg/entlemen and ca/tg/irls, i`m in desperate need of your help.
Wanna play my first ever DnD character, but i need some advices on advancing my levels, spells that i can utilise, and useful items. I was playing FATAL a bit, so i`m used to roleplay, but DnD is a brand new system for me now, so i got lost in abilities.
I`d love to have a greatsword-fighing-damage-dealing-drow. Advices and guidelines will come in handy.
picture below is PC sheet

yes, but you need 1000 of them.

This is an abomination.

I'd say those are below the ability curve, but not to the 'damp squib' level that Wot4E is.
Beastmaster just needs save proficiencies for the companion, Assassin needs an extra Ribbon proficiency at 3, and Wild Magic could use an extra toy. Maybe as light as a few bonus spell points, or being able to count as any spellcaster for casting from spell scrolls.

why? what`s wrong with it?!

>Lawful Evil Noble Drow
>Greatsword with 13 STR
Trash this immediately

Everything
Every fuckin thing

Yeah, I try not to run more than 5 myself, though I do make exceptions. The fewer players, the more you can focus on characters and less on plot.

Trickery cleric's issue is that their bonus damage is poison which is a shit damage type.

Beastmaster's issue is it eats up your extra attack and scales like shit

Assassin's issue is that you always have to roll the best initiative and getting surprise or you're useless.

Wild Magic's issue is that their features are DM dependant to a ridiculous degree.

why? i don`t understand. 13 STR should be enough. I have shitload of Ability Score Increases in my class progress scale, so i will easily buff it.

Dat`s the most uncertain answer of all uncertain answers.
Okay, say how to make it better

that black mark ont he spear is the edge of his square's 5ft boundary
the rest of the spear is in another 5ft cube

Wouldn't you only need enough to cover the business end?
That depends. If they are doing it to avoid having to pay for silvering a weapon, then no.

If they dropped their weapon and killed the werewolf by shoving silver coins down his gullet, then yes.

that's some good bait right there.

>Trickery cleric's issue is that their bonus damage is poison which is a shit damage type.
Who actually cares much about that bonus damage anyway?
Trickery cleric has the best spell list of all clerics.

Divine soul sorcerer has the best spell list of all clerics

>Noble MALE drow
>In any reasonable campaign
What the fuck are you doing

Running Strahd, curious what other GMs running it think

I've got a party with a shadow monk, paladin of the ancients, and necromancer (paladin was taking him to jail when the mists came). There's a bunch of stuff that requires a greater restoration spell, which no one will get access to, and there's only one person in Barovia who can offer it to them...Madam Eva. I'm thinking of having her offer them a scroll with the spell in exchange for something interesting. Right now I can only think of "a secret you have never told" or "a treasured memory", or something equally fitting to the setting. Any better ideas for how to pay for the scroll? Or should I just not bother giving them a scroll in the first place?

>I was playing FATAL a bit,
wow

Sorry, wait
>Tiara
You're all good to go
Carry on, massive faggot

DO NOT USE A GREATSWORD ON A DEX CHARACTER
Also playing a drow of noble background is just asking to be a drizzt clone

How did you play FATAL?
with whom?

I'm the dude from the previous thread who had a similar problem.

Where are you guys at in terms of the story?

"noble" doesn't mean "ruling." All the important drow matrons are called that 'cause they have kids, and half of those are male. Noble male drow may be good for little more than bargaining chips with other houses and warm bodies filling out an orgy, but they're still noble.

>Divine souil sorcerer
Considering they have less spells and can't switch them around on a long rest....
And they don't get domain spells, do they?
So they don't get pass without trace, for example.

female, not male. I know, that drow have some serious matriarchy.

Couldn't you make a computer like this without killing a single person by using simulacrum and wish to make an infinite army of simulacrums which obey your commands?

I don’t see how kensei is that bad, even if you still force them to use their unarmed strikes to get ac.

Faggot? Rly?

the AL guide to ravenloft has Jenny Greenteeth, an interesting friendly-ish hag NPC who offers spellcasting services. I'll be using her in my game.

female (male)

Currently in the Amber Temple with the dusk elf. They have the sunsword and holy symbol of ravenkind (and the icon of ravenloft), and they're hoping to get the tome, which is in the same location as the final fight with Strahd, one of the spires. Which is another thing entirely.

I wouldn't let you gain the advantage of a silvered weapon for a price cheaper than what'd take to silver a weapon.

I`ve found rulebook of FATAL 2nd edition at 1d4chan. Printed it a bit. Played with my BFF and we had fun. Man, sometimes FATAL is even better than sex

Jenny is great, you should use her
I mean they played FATAL so i woudln't be surprised

I'm hoping for this to happen in my own group.

I'm DMing a first session for about 12 people tomorrow. Half of them can make Sundays, half can make Mondays. I'm the only one who wants to DM. Literally gonna play both groups against each other until all the flaky/shitty people leave

Does silvering a weapon cost more than the amount of silver coins that would be needed if one were to just melt the coins themselves down and dip the weapon in it?

It's customary to start with a 16 or 17 in your most important ability score at level 1 if you can manage it. Sometimes you have to start with 14 or 15 if you're using an atypical race-class combination, and I'm cool with that, but giving yourself a 12 in your most important ability score is giving yourself an extra 10% miss chance for no good reason. Those ability score increases come slowly, and you'll want to use some of those on feats (Great Weapon Master is hugely useful for a greatsword-user like this)

Yes because there are fees involved with labor

Others have said Jenny Greenteeth and that's a pretty good idea.

If you haven't encountered Baba Lysaga and don't plan on giving her much focus, that's also an option.

As for the tome, it might be better to move Strahd a bit, so they at least have time to read it.

Labor, and the cost of acid I believe.

Yes. They specifically talk about this in the PHB. Silvering a weapon includes the cost of the alchemical agents and skilled labor involved in adding durable silver plating to a steel weapon without lessening its effectiveness in combat.

Probably, but it's a mechanical advantage that I wouldn't allow you to have without the given cost.

I've had a couple players sell out the team to gain favors from the enemy. That's just part of the game.

But the worst one I ever had was a fellow player that didn't like the way another player murdered an NPC for being an ass and almost getting the group killed (think Patches from Dark Souls). But rather than save the NPC or interject in character he let it happen, then secretly reported the murder to the local guard. When the guilty player fled the law the upset player set a trap for him and turned him in again, even testifying against him. And then, after wasting two whole sessions on this nonsense, he paid half the fine to get the guilty player out of jail anyway.
The worst part is that he never told the player he didn't like his casual murder out of character and spent a week setting up this trap with the GM only to waste everyone's time.

I don't want my blacksmith getting high I'll only pay him what he needs to melt the silver

OH, and if you are in the Amber Temple, you might be able to use that need to tempt them to give into the Dark Lords.

>in adding durable silver plating to a steel weapon without lessening its effectiveness in combat
I could see this for a sword, maybe, but a mace or hammer just needs to hit things. Even if you do a shitty job with the application, as long as it's covered in silver and is still able to hit things, wouldn't a mace dipped in silver be an effective silvered weapon?

In this situation I'd say it hit as a regular maul, maybe with a small random chance of it functioning as a silvered weapon if it hits in just the right way.

I am in favor of letting any large enough silver object be used as a silvered improvised weapon.

The balance of a mace or hammer is very important user

Veeky ForumsENTLEMEN, REALLY, I NEED AN ADVICE!
I have no idea how to play DnD yet. FATAL was easy to understand (at least for me, i know that it`s too overcomplicated) because it`s so realistic and easy to understand in core.
You want to fight with a greatsword? Pump your muscles, pick a sword, swing it.
DnD is to hard to understand because it`s too fantasy for me, and even one wrong step will be a precipice into oblivion. I`m dying too easily, i know almost nothing about the DnD universe. Only you can help me! Party`s starting in 7 hours, at the noon (i`m russian btw), so i have to know exactly what i should do right now

>tfw you will never be a barbarian bar brawler who beats ghosts to death with a silver candlestick
Feels bad man.

You can try to haggle with your GM. Maybe he'll let you get away with it, or maybe he'll say that a blunt weapon coated in silver by an amateur throws off the balance and gives you disadvantage to hit anything with it, or that the silver will crack and fall off as soon as it hits something hard.

I do like Baba Lysaga, and she's not really involved in the adventure as the cards have dictated. I'll see which way the party leans and use her or Jeny.

I'll probably have them get to the tome, then after they read it, Strahd can corner them. Alternately, if they grab it and run, he can wait for them to return, as they know their only way out is to kill him.

Yeah, the big motivation for the spell is to cure the lich, so the necromancer can read those spellbooks. But it might get used to cure some of the madness afflicting the players themselves right now too.

Elemental Lords.

Is this Shad?

Following the question, what about the minor alchemy feature for transmutation wizards? Maybe not for swords, since forging is a delicate process yadda yadda, but for some blunt weapon or even arrows, which are for the most part much simpler, since the damaging part isn't the area that's as delicate (generalizing here). Would silvering a weapon in this method (for only an hour, granted) be valid in your eyes? It would be free, but temporary.

don't answer. Don't give him (you)s

I hope not

wow, at least anybody replied and wrote something useful!
i`m a drow, so mah girl is trapped at 15 STR at max. I also considered taking Great Weapon Fighting, Champion archetype, and that feat at level 4, that you mentioned.
anything else? mostly, i`d like to read about some useful spell that i can utilise, if i`ll make our wizard or sorcerer to cast it?

@57654492
>so mah girl is trapped at 15 str at max

bro, dat`s my first visit of Veeky Forums, so i do not know your memes, or what are you talking about

Realized I might trigger someone here, so I'm gonna argue my side rq
If you can make an arrowhead of iron, obsidian, or a fucking sharp rock and have it be about as effective (vs flesh) if it's in the right shape, making it out of silver shouldn't make much of a difference
>inb4 i trigger the 60 year old arrowsmith who lurks this thread