/swg/ Shitpremacy Edition

Post about FFG, X-wing, Armada, Legion, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, and anything else Star Wars Related!

Previous thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Armada full wave 7 unboxing/spoilers:
>community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/267745-chimaera-unboxing/
>community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/267760-profundity-unboxing/
Admiral Raddus guest article by a playtester:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/17/hes-going-to-fight/

Fleet Troopers Unit Expansion for Legion:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/24/defend-the-fleet/
Leia Organa Commander Expansion for Legion:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/24/inspire-rebellion/

How do we fix Newcanon's ship designs?

Other urls found in this thread:

xwing-builder.co.uk/view/800379/chundus
youtube.com/watch?v=G0F8co790Xk
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v4!s!101:232,136:55:15:T.16,U.36,U.128;265:-1:55:15:T.-1;262:27,243,215:54:32:M.1,M.26&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Realistically, quite a few, even if we don't get many stories about them.

IIRC the problem was the Empire was much less trusting of defectors than the Rebellion was. The Rebels would take anyone they could get, while the Empire was a lot more cautious on letting former Rebels into the ranks. I recall the Rebels even used this a few times, and it was a once bitten twice shy issue that made the Empire paranoid of defecting Rebels, even if they were genuinely wanting to come over and fight for the Empire.

Ayo, whatchu doin nigger?

You abandon it, there is nothing in Nucannon worth saving.

You change the dictation of what you're expecting from your designers. Rogue One has great new designs in it, and from what we've seen they have good designers available from TFA concept artwork. It is purely a failure of the director's part, with a weird fear of going too far from what would be recognizably star wars.

So the empire would often unwittingly Chase potential assets into the arms of the enemy

i managed to get 100 points out of my initial buy (base set, guns for hire, extra starviper) but i've only played two or three games so i have no idea how it'll play out on the tabletop.

xwing-builder.co.uk/view/800379/chundus

is there anything i can do with this given what i have? suggestions?

Have their performance match their appearance. This slow fuck would've been perfectly fine if it was faster and more durable. And maybe if it didn't have such an awkward bombing mechanism.

I'd have maybe given it some visible shielding

I could accept the WW2 bombers if they were shown to be obvious scrapheaps that the Resistance had to haphazardly cobble together for lack of resources.

I can't accept that they're weaker by leagues compared to Y-Wings and TIE Bombers yet are said to be more advanced, expensive, and better than either.

>maybe
you mean definitely

11th for Silencer around the Death Star

The only thing they do better is the mass payload drop, everything is the "new=better" trap of windows 10

Why does the Resistance suck so hard? I could always chalk up the Rebels sucking due to being fringe terrorists fighting against the galactic government, but there's no reason a crime-fighting militia should be so many fathoms weaker than what is essentially a gang of neo-nazi bikers.

desu Windows 10 is the most convincing argument for the tech of the sequels I've ever seen

At least their theme song is pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=G0F8co790Xk

Because good guys are underdogs even when that makes no sense

Aww crap, fucking kaut kaut of kaut! They windows 10ized the galaxy!

This has been how I felt about the BB line, they look more advanced but at a serious utility cost, they don't fit snugly in the xwings, they have to risk rolling out of position to access their tools, and theit heads can be VERY easily knocked off

Imperial hotshot you trade innuendo-laden banter with over a known comm line every time your forces have a spar and you try to kill one another.

Here's a redo of the bunkerbuster someone did a few threads back.

>There's whole layers of retardation most people don't even know about

>they look more advanced
They look like a goddamn gimmicky soccer ball, not a serious repair machine.

I should have clarified, they look advanced in the same way ED209 looks advanced, in the same way the Ipod looks advanced. It's a gimmicky design to look "super sleek" and that stems from the attitude of the current art generation

How's that locker door treating you, sweetie?

Holy shit.

I would space them so they didn't all get taken out when one of them is destroyed.

That's the classic issue of writers and directors having no sense of scale for space

>walk into locker room after intense mission
>see qt imperial waifu already in there
>Hey buddy, I think you got the wrong door.

What are typical SW fighter engagement ranges?

Better than those cluster missiles treated your squadron, hotshot.

bumper to bumper

About the same as IRL dogfights since they shoot at what they can see. So close.

you winged most of them at worst and Kurg was a piece of Firefek anyway

So it's not like they engage over url missile distances, but the optics and targeting comps make it feel like visual range

Oh, I winged them. And hulled them, and disintegrated them. Any of you boys want a little more, you know where to find me.

>tfw you can't win a fair dogfight in your shitty bomber so you have to spam warheads like a coward

Typical Imperial.

*missiles your path*
Problem, laserbab?

Because the space neo nazis recruited a wizard as their general and he's been dicking around with them(and occasionally his commrades) using magic.
>[insert wizards, no sense of right and wrong pic here]

Sorry, I can't hear your complaints over all those X-Wings popping.

>Imperials suck so hard at aiming that they think hitting with homing missiles is a serious accomplishment

>Oh, I winged them.

I guess the door winged you too, then.

Both are appealing, but I'll choose the latter because of how common the former is.

Is your waifu canon?

No, thank goodness.

>Objective
>Become Caon

Yes, sadly.

Wait a goddamned second.

There's another Sev'rance waifufag in here?

Her not being canon is a blessing.

So where did she sit on the totem pole? Above ventress? Below grievous? Next to Durge?

I'd probably be head over heels for Tann if I wasn't too busy being a Silrifag

She's probably same tier as the Acolytes (Quinlan Vos, Sorra Bulq, etc.)

That being, "useful but expendable"

My headcanon at least was that she was a phenomenal logistician and strategist that kept the CIS afloat after Geonosis and Muunilinst, but Ventress became a superior fighter and Grievous would become a superior tactician.

Not sure how well supported that assumption is, but I'm throwing it out there.

For a while, it was believed she was Supreme Commander before Grievous, but TCW pretty much stopped that.

Sev'rance held the rank of General though, so that should put her in "notable" territory. I'd argue she's below Grievous, but equal to Assajj, since she was a high-ranking field commander and not just an assassin.

Goddammit user, my sides have launched into hyperspace.

I think she was around before those guys entered the picture. There was also a Chistori bounty hunter that was Dooku's top enforcer before Durge came along.

We should not have made this thread...

All this talk of Tann makes me want to see a Clone Wars Season 0 or something. Basically combine most of Genndywars and Galactic Battlegrounds' clone campaigns together for a season-long plot.

Have Tann and Shen-Jon be the framing device cat-and-mouse game behind the scenes of the Republic and Confederacy gearing up for the war while Obiwan and Anakin fight on Muunilinst, then Durge, then Ventress. And end the season with Tann vs Shen-Jon and remake the Greivous intro slaughterhouse.

Holy shit, I can't see this as anything else now.

The OT gets re-imagined all the time as a samurai movie, a western, regular fantasy, a totally mundane urban movie, etc, and you can always see it if you try and squint a bit.

I cannot see the ST as anything except the French Resistance fighting a especially incompetent part of the SS, or a group of concerned citizens attempting to fighting Neo-Nazi Biker Gang.
And the more I think about it, the more the second interpretation would make sense. Man, now I just want Mad Max to randomly turn up in Star Wars with a black-on-black fighter and waste FO fools all over the shop.

So she was somthing of a transitional villain, how would she play off of Thrawn? I'm planning on featuring a congress of galactic nations in a desperate time and I've decided to make Tann the leader of the CIS remnants, before it was going to be Trench but I've grown to to like Tann, and I'm curious to how she'd play off of Thrawn

I find your lack of faith disturbing

In all honestly she'd probably say something that's on the surface seems tactically sound but Thrawn would calmly poke holes in every part of her strategy. She'll either get frustrated and/or humbled.

From then on she'd probably do as he says.

I don't think Legends ever went into detail about her relationship with the Ascendancy, if she knew Thrawn, or why she came to the galaxy in the first place.

She did have a husband or lover, though, Vandalor. Though I never played the video game he appeared in.

Tann was sort of a female expy of Thrawn from the get-go, but her specialty in Battlegrounds was firmly on military buildup and resource management. After Geonosis her missions basically circle around finding areas outside of Republic surveillance to build a ton of battle droids, then using them to ambush Republic resource worlds and steal superweapon plans for the Confederacy to use later.

Thrawn's probably the superior tactician and strategist, but the two of them together would be an unbelievably broken team.

Are you the V-Com guy? Tann would be an old woman by that point, unless chose age slower

Would Tann be able to get Ascendancy upgrades to the old CIS tech like how Thrawn got those cool claw craft?

Well, people in legends already seem to age at ~2/3-3/4 of RL speed to begin with

I dunno. She never mentioned the Ascendancy in her game and by all accounts she and Vandalor seem more likely to have been criminals or exiles from it.

But if it makes a difference to what you're doing, go for it.

>the space battles are the best part of Star Wars
>they get so little screen time

>look up a ship's stats on the wook
>Legends: every single measurement, crew manifest, armament, serial number, etc you could possibly need for reference
>Canon: fucking nothing
What the fuck happened?

>What is the last 20 minutes of ANH
>What is the last third of RotJ
>What is the Battle of Naboo in TPM
>What is the first 10 minutes of RotS (still going on in the background for the first 20-25).
>What is the last quarter of Rogue One
>What is the first third of TLJ

I'm not crazy about defending Disney canon, but 40~ years of material vs 5~.

What's the best way to execute a "hunt for the Bismark"-esque scenario in the GCW era?

>first third of TLJ
>real space battle
All we get is a bunch of TIEs zergrushing those shitty bombers and then Kylo blows up the hangar and that's it for space battles.

A droid gotra-controlled Providence that the Empire hasn't been able to get rid of after all these years. It's up to you and your star destroyer to track it down and deliver upon it the Emperor's Justice.

D6 and d20 were considered canon for the EU, hence, free fluff.
FFG isn't considered canon (yet), so even though there's a lot of stuff to unpack from those books, they can't use them.

where the fuck do you think that information comes from? it doesn't just spontaneously appear.

old canon had no less than 3 RPG lines, the essential guides, the visual dictionaries, incredible cross-sections, and 300+ novels, not even including games, comics, short-stories, ebooks, etc. over the course of 40 years.

How effective would slugthrowers be on a starfighter? Are they 2slow in a world of blasters?

Unless you're packing some REALLY heavy duty rounds, they wouldn't be able to get through the armour.

And the source is my ass. In FFG Slugthrowers usually lack the damage to penetrate even basic starship armours, if that accounts for anything.

There are supposedly HMG equivalents, but they won't be any better than like an autoblaster, and probably have shittier crit potential.

Magnetic mass drivers and explosive flak are better than just ye ol' space .50 cal.

Not very good. Speed isn't really the issue, it's the shields and armor plating, plus the fact that you have to deal with the matter that all those rounds take up room and mass that blaster bolts don't.

Uuhhh guys???

Should I be excited or paranoid?

Please, no.

Stay away, Disney.

Yes.

Jaxxon CONFIRMED

>Corran Horn is canon
>he even gets his silver lightsaber and pretty much the same backstory
>but he dies when Kylo goes full school shooter
How would you react?

Who do you guys prefer Durge or the Duros in the hat.

Don't make me choose between my children, they can co-exist.

That guy from the Clone Wars game.

Maximum triggered is how I'd react.

They'd work well, but star wars fighters are fairly small things and the magazine on any kind of anti-vehicle weapons are generally huge along with the ammo its shitting out. So I guess in its own way the Blaster and Laser cannons are more space-efficient than the kinetic-kill variety of weapons, which lets you do other things with the space like add in shielding, hyperdrives, better sensors, computers etc.
In some ways the logistic side of things is easier with energy weapons, they stick power + gas in there and death to whatever is hit by it, ammo production takes factories, precision tooling and quality control.

I prefer Cad Bane, but I'd gladly have a canon Durge again. His slobberknocker with obiwan was great.

So you want to go Scum, and have 2 Starvipers and a Kihraxz?

Let's try something like this maybe?

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v4!s!101:232,136:55:15:T.16,U.36,U.128;265:-1:55:15:T.-1;262:27,243,215:54:32:M.1,M.26&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Beginners should be free to proxy upgrade cards. If your local group says otherwise, tell them to pull the stick out of their asses and I'll send you shit.

The weak point in this list is probably Thweek.

Best girl in X-Wing when?

Hey, use the good art.

Forgot to mention the email- [email protected] if your group is sticks-in-the-mud.

So what other ships look cool to you? How do you want to fly?

She's in an A-Wing

I hate myself for how long that took me.

Next wave I'd wager. If not then probably never.