/aosg/ - Age of Sigmar General

“Those who ‘abjure’ violence can only do so because others are committing violence on their behalf.” –George Orwell, Notes on Nationalism

“If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight…” Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Fight to Survive Edition

Praise to the Common Man Sub Edition

Previous Thread: Teaser Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=PlQqri1FuRQ
Teaser Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=YYalTMkOGQU
Daughters of Khaine Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=hIR2Y3zWnEA

Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/RcYLw0az

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database

Goblins :D :D

Yeah!

Goblins!

G O B L I N S

Do you think with the popularity with Tomb Kings in Total War it will give GW a thought about rereleasing them?

No.

Probably not, which is a shame.

Part 1.
>”I've been watching some Battle Reports too, to try and get up to snuff.”
Be careful with some of those Battle Reports, quite a few of them have been laced with rule misinterpretation and various lack of awareness, don’t want to learn any bad habits. The best course of learning is scouring rulebooks, battletomes, and various errata followed by actually playing the game.

>Collecting, List Building, etc.
In the long run I recommend investing in six boxes of Start Collecting! Disciples of Tzeentch and Twelve boxes of Blue & Brimstone Horrors. With that you should have 60 Pink Horrors, 120 Blue Horrors, 120 Brimstone Horrors, 18 Screamers, 18 Flamers, 2 Exalted Flamers, 4 Burning Chariots, 4 Heralds on Foot (not that you need that many), 1 Herald on Disc, and 1 Herald on Burning Chariot. The only thing you’d need after that are a Lord of Change, the Changeling, and the Blue Scribes. Once you have that really everything is at your fingertips.

>”…Support Heroes…”
It really just depends on your play style, meeting various optional unit requirements is the starting point, but where you really want to take it depends on your own developed play style. You’ll find at times though some Heroes are more advantageous than others, but all have their place in circumstances.

>”Am I a fool…”
Nah, Tzaangor Skyfires are really good. The only problem you’d find is the emphasis placed on synergy. Various keyword mix and matching can be done, but it generally boils down to a pure list of either Tzeentch Daemons, Tzeentch Arcanites, or Slaves to Tzeentch. You can always shoe horn them in if you feel the need, but I don’t really think you’d need to, as daemons can be viable with proper army construction and find generalship on your own part.

Part 2.
>”And thanks again.You're the most helpful person I've seen on this board man. I know it's really informal, but would you wanna join my hobby discord I run? Totally understand if you don't. We need more people like you in the hobby, though.”
I’m happy to help. As for the discord? I don’t have an account nor the means to communicate on it, sorry pal. And I agree, I think we could do better as a community to providing insight to new players, shared thought and various constructive criticism (be it amongst ourselves or with GeeDubs).

Don't get me wrong, like every other guy I like the bikini-plate, but I kinda like the addition of at least some semblance of armor. Faction wide saves of "-" and "6" aren't readily playable. I know there's emphasis on being fast and frenzied, but just the minor capacity to be tanky is always appreciated.
Admitting now I’m sure that part of their creative direction had the kiddies in mind, I won’t deny that, but overall it looks blendable. The only thing concerning to me is how some of the faces look rather exaggerated, giving off a manface or baby doll vibe, could be the paintjob though.

i still don't get how a full plastic line up got killed before sisters of battle

Soon

>but just the minor capacity to be tanky is always appreciated.
Hi soyboy

Hi Johnny, are your parents letting you stay up late because you don't have school tomorrow?

Actually I like the user's version of Settra's reutrning from the previous threads
>Nagash does some big ritual to summon/create the bestest undead minion yet
>doesn't quite remember who it is but boy howdy he knows this guy is the real deal
>enacts the ritual
>S E T T R A R U L E S
>whoops

>projecting this hard
Holy shit, glad that I have my own apartments, unlike those millenials

What a big boy! He has his own apartment, yay!!!

At this point I can't tell if this is dedication or high grade autism.

>tfw after the nerfs coming to Death in LoN, Settra actually won as his squatted faction becomes the best faction to play in Death

Stormkikes are trash, but Stonecast are god-tier.

>so jealous

MYAH

>Some GW employee is trying to hype people for the upcoming Tomb Kings revival

What are you working on /aosg/?

I am working on my second Longbeard. I kinda like how the beard turned out, but I kinda fugged up the face. Honestly I am fucking hating painting Longbeards. The amount of small parts and details are painstaking. I can't wait to go back to Warriors soon.

Dispossessed runic golems when?

I did a colored version of my drawing there, though I don't know if I posted it here or not.

A goblin spider rider eating a goblin.S
Someone's Siren model
Sigvald caressing his hair in a mirror.

>Dispo--
Never. You're a dead faction, user. You are never getting any new models, you are never getting any units from the Dwarfs compendium, and you are never getting anything beyond what you have now. The time of the Dawi is over.

We are still noticed by GW though with a city box and a mention in the Malign Portents fluff.

GW are just making the game immersive for Dispossessed players.

>posting a Compendium unit that breaks Dispossessed allegiance
lmao

>Implying I care.

My patience. I'm bouncing off the walls waiting for fucking DoK.

Not until March, April or May, user.

when do you think legions of Nagash will drop?

February.

Trying to finish a box of Zombies, Skeletons and Hormagaunts so feel i've got a little bit more practice before i start on my OC Ugul Ironjawz

I know. I'm going crazy.

>Year of Death
>Nurgle and now fucking Aelves
Wow...

you've still got your nerfed soupbook and then deathcast eternals to look forward too though

>your nerfed soupbook
Still makes me happy that those mixed soup retards got the reward they deserve.

I'm also annoyed by the 'x when' posting, but thinking we won't see any 'classic' Dwarves in the future us retarded. GW doesn't give a fuck about any kind of cherency as long as the miniatures sell. And Dwarves are probably one if the best selling fantasy races. Imho it's just a matter of time until we see another major Dwarf release.
Would be happy if this retarded forced meme dies though.

im cautiously optomistic that Legions will be good, and that the nerfs will be lessened/negated. by the expanded "factions" of the 4 new legions (and grand host)

>Year of NPC Faction
>more Order and Chaos shit
WEW

>old skellies on flat rounds
Doot

>expanded "factions"
Dude it's just soup named after warcraft hero characters lamo

im mew to AoS entirely. What did Death players do to engender such hatred and cynicism from other players?

We didn't get squatted. The hatred against old factions is a forced slav meme.

Stonecast look fucking stupid. You call the stormdudes kikes and yet you made golems you stupid nigger.

this. also, the fact of "soup" does us stay playable with army variants
try playing a Order Draconis army with variants...

>Order Draconis gets a fucking update during Year of Death
>they get new models out of nowhere, Dragon-Aelves, Aelves having sex with Dragons etc.
>variety up the fucking ass with dragon warmachines, dragon archer spam, dragon monster spam, dragon magic fuckfest etc.

>Dumb Deathcuck: "a-at least I have soup with my variety..."

Isn’t it funny that this is one of the only few places you can actually say negetive comments on the death leaks disaster? Facebook - admins ban any negetive commenters. Plebbit is the worse say any thing negetive, comments get deleted, banned and downvoted what a shit show

Hey guys lay off the racism. That breaks global rule 3, and I’m reporting all of you for that

They have to or the forever happy bugmen buyers roaming those places would start having dissonances

Oh shit we got a globalist; go fuck yourself you double endrinrigger.

we also need a second faction of elves of such elves of light, or sea elves

Stfu nigger plebs

Do they talk like the stone golems in Thief 3?

>skeleton faction
>has skeletons

But muh variety.

Anons, can anyone clarify that, the ability in pic effect all terrains or just ONE terrain?

Are you retarded?

Nice try, Endrinrigger.

If it was supposed to work for only one terrain it would be worded this way
>select a terrain, at the start if the hero phase roll a dice for each unit within 1" etc.

one the other hand it is impossbile here to hold up a conversion because 75% are just pure rage posts and another 10% are troll rage posts.

"Don't tell the aelf"

>LoN only has 5 ways to play soup plus Soulblight

Nighthaunt BT, new FEC BT and Deathrattle BT confirmed???

Disguising words in Dwarven won’t work

but you can't say anything positive on the cool new death book you just got hooted down

Oh yeah, having this cancer-tier of threads is sure jolly fun.

>Hurr durr durr, fuck deth sup!

>Muh stormkikes/soycasts LMAO!

>Stonecast/Excelsior are the only good stormkikes!

>Hurr durr durr fuck deth sup!

>Muh dispossed.

>Derp derpity derp dispossessed are getting squatted!1one!

>Hurr durr durr fuck deth sup!

truly a wondrous time to be alive!

>dwarven
Who?

>stop using those words
>but also stop not using those words
Explain further what you want then

if i have a fairly standard disposessed list, and i could only buy one, should i get a gyro copter or bomber?

Big Morathi tits right in my face

You should get a better army

based

Get objectively superior Fyreslayer models instead. They are the Duardian masterrace.

pic related

>gold with blonde
BLONDE IS SUPPOSED TO GO WITH SILVER YOU FUCKING STUNTY FUCK, BACK TO THE PAINTING BOARD YOU GO

thankyou for your input

copter is cuter

you could also use the leftover bits for some wacky warmachine

It is silver but their superior genes make it shine like gold.

as someone staring at a pile of 70 unprimed warriors, enjoy your unit variation while you can

But they are right. Why play Dispossessed when Fyreslayers and Kharadron Overlords have more unique options and lore?

Sprayed my first Age of Sigmar models!

Any tips for painting them?

Listen to Duncan-senpai

>Browses Veeky Forums
>Gets upset at bad words
user, are you really sure this is the place for you?

I am testing some color schemes for my fyreslayers after I realized I don't want to be a default color scheme pleb. Ignore the shit-tier paintjob, I'm stripping them soon.

Of course. I'm wondering though, if I could make the fur a light tinge of blue.

Duncan has it administratum grey, which is a very bright grey, then drybrushed with white.

I was thinking to maybe use celestra grey instead for the fur.

Also for painting ice weapons, any tips?

Dark grey furs with stripes the colour of aurora borealis for the beasts
Bronze (the non metallic kind) skinned ogres with the tales of their migrations painted on their skins like they were cave-walls

He does actually cover the blue fur in the video. I believe the BCR battletome has tips for ice weapons.

How do these staff things even work?
What are they even supposed to be?

Magic fire comes out of the magical rune.

See that little lever by their left hand? They move that and a fireball/flames come out the front end.
They are like a shitty looking Irondrake.

>lets make a shooting weapon
>but the center of mass is completely unbalanced at the end of the shaft
who designed this crap?

I would cite Rule of Cool, but Fyreslayers are the least cool Duardin.

>400 pounds of muscle dorfs
>have runes which infuse them with the strength of their war god
>muh center of mass

Considering its also a giant axe, mass at the muzzle is not unexpected. It would also help counter recoil of SHOULDER FIRING A FUCKING CANNON.

I think the bottom one is figuring it out.
>Let's see...

Holy shit why does everyone get so uppetty when you question their shitty "my dudes" lore?

To be fair only 1 of the 5 in the box has the blade on the front end.

because OC donutsteel are supposed to be flawless
and when you point at the hole in the donut you also point at the hole in the maker's brain

Internalised misogyny