Weekend Warcraft Lore General

Sunfury edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eaeUChA8Izg
youtube.com/watch?v=Zv3nlbLNge8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for best species

You posted the wrong pic bruh

Do Warriors have super-strength and other super-stats or are they just scrubs playing with sharp objects? What are your thoughts on this?

they just get so mad that reality warps around them

The question is a false position. Every class has scrubs and demigods. The most basic level warriors, hunters and the like become unupgraded units, the highest become lvl 20 fully geared Campaign Heroes.

Warriors basically embody the, "You are your father's child" choice.

>falling to your death
>survive by forcing yourself to fall faster
warriors are a mistake

At the high end they have pretty incredible strength. Especially once they get shit like thunderclap, whirlwind etc.

Also some seem to draw sympathetic reactions from their environment or quasi-divine boons like Avatar.

Heroic Leap has like four times the range of the world record long jump in real life, and you don't even need a running start. Warriors are absurdly super-human.

For a lore example, even though it's kind of a Mary Sue-ish character, the only mortal that was able to single-handedly wound Sargeras was an Orc Warrior.

youtube.com/watch?v=eaeUChA8Izg

Can anyone see this as a mid-to-high level Warrior or is this too powerful. Where would you draw the line: weaker, much weaker or stronger still?

>it's kind of a Mary Sue-ish character
>kind of

>running deadmines in raid tier gear

nah that's just a typical high level arms warrior. Victory Rush is a hell of a drug

He still got BTFO'd by the Big S, which officially makes him less Mary Sue than Illidan.

>goes back in time to the war of the ancients
already more mary sue.
its like knaak as watching back to the future and started writing the story down

Top-tier warriors are martial masters among masters, unparalleled in head-on armed combat. They are practically superhuman in what they can do. They are the unstoppable force against which all immovable objects break (or vice versa, if you're Protection).

I think it shows how mind-bendingly powerful Sargeras really was that a character is considered a mary sue for merely scratching his leg.

Not to mention the weapons in armour are much larger than real life ones.

Compare the Doomhammer to a real life warhammer, for example.

This is someone typing "whosyourdaddy" in a game vs Easy Computer. Basically the lowest level of pathetic.

That's not the only reason Broxigar is considered a Mary Sue. He's partially a Mary Sue along with Rohnin for being capable of doing ridiculous-tier feats effortlessly and partially because they're both in a story that shouldn't have involved anyone but the Night Elves and their own struggles.
That's not how it works. Illidan only ever got to finish off Gul'dan, and one time he flat out refused to become the True Saveour by rejecting Xe'ra. Kil'jaeden and Antorus were a group effort and Illidan stayed behind because there was no place for him on Azeroth anyway.
Broxigar and Rohnin were far worse offenders in WotA than Illidan is in Legion.

People consider him a mary sue because he springs out of nowhere in the middle of the story is the bestest warrior that ever was. Cockblocked the nelf story and then got blessed by their gods before going 1v1 against sargeras

>Broxigar
>Med'an
>Thrall
Why are all the Mary Sues orcs, or at least part orcs?

also it makes no sense for why the night elves would attack the orcs immediately in WC3, because if Brox went back in time they would have known Orcs are not evil.

And it can't be because of demon blood either, because Brox is green and fought in the First and Second Wars, so he's just as demon touched as Grom was when he first came to Ashenvale.

Do you think Naaru/Azeroth can restore Sylvanas to her blood elf form? The Light has this power.

Thrall wasn't a Mary Sue until Cataclysm. Med'an is a quarter orc and his multihybridism is what's pushed as the superpowerful source of his superpower.
Varian is a Mary Sue and he's human.

>Blood Elf Sylvanas
Burning Crusade baby, or even more new?

Your minor headcanons:

>Vanessa Vancleef is constantly bragging about her many sexual conquests and how good is she in the bed
>she is actually a virgin daddy's girl
>insufferably so

>draenei think all humans are incredibly feminine because they lack head ridges
>when they want to mock a human they call them "eggheads"
>they also think toes are incredibly weird and digusting "like having a malformed hand on your legs"

>night elves love human culture because it lets them go of their many social and cultural responsibilites, no one knows if youre a 8000 year old honored priestess in Stormwind and your reputation you spent literal eons building up wont suffer. humans will just see you as a purple weirdo if you decide to get shitfaced and fuck a dozen guys a night. basically they are like japanese or korean tourists

>orcs actually respect humans the most out of all races, even more than their allies cause liking someone and respecting someone is not the same

>many goblins are actually not that greedy, they just have to put up a show so they dont get ostracized for being lazy and weak

>tauren are not peaceful, they were warring nomadic tribes before they got merged into horde culture and forced into peace and dialogue with eachother

>Turalyon doesnt return to assume his position as the Supreme Commander of the Alliance because he was literally brainwashed and turned into a mindslave by Xe'ra, turning his wife into void his is suppressed attempt at rebelling

>the old gods are just the tendrils of a greater evil residing in a reality barely intesecting with ours(no, fuck the void lords, they sound stupid and laying out cosmology like a blueprint goes aganist everything lovecraftian)

>the star system of Azeroth has other habitable planets visited by titans

>Elune is a benevolent old god who sees her flesh-shaping as a gift instead of a curse
>which makes her the same as all the other old gods, she is just way more patient and subtle

>restore Sylvanas to her blood elf form
>when she died before the blood elves became a thing

>Blizzard pushes miscegenation as a superpower source
Should've seen it coming.

I hope not. That would make the entire Forsaken story that's been going on since TFT worthless. Without Sylvanas there's no Forsaken.

Wait how is Varian a Mary Sue?

Younger Blood Elves who've served in the Horde military have found their friendship with their Darkspear comrades have given them sympathy for their ancient Amani enemies.

This leads to much arguments at the dinner table when they go home to their parents.

>implying it isn't a supervillainpower

>Vanessa Vancleef is constantly bragging about her many sexual conquests and how good is she in the bed
>she is actually a virgin daddy's girl
>insufferably so
Addendum:
>She actually desperately wants to return to her life as Hope Saldean
>reunite and reconcile with her kind adoptive parents, Farmer Saldean and wife
>move past the ambitions of her father and try to contribute to making a better world for everyone in the future
>marry into royalty and breed a worthy heir to the throne of Stormwind

Wolfheart.

>female night elf druids are the in-universe equivalent of chicks who join the army just so men will pay attention to them

>move past the ambitions of her father and try to contribute to making a better world for everyone in the future
This is what actually happened, I take it you didn't play the Rogue campaign?

>male night elf warriors are the in-universe equivalent of hipsters who went to France and always correct people on how to pronounce croissant.

What happened?

She tried to kill the Rogue champ to take over the world through the Uncrowned, I think she needs to put more thought into how she approaches the concept of a better future forthwith.

Varian was declared the favored of a night elf god over the night elves themselves AND the worgen who are basically his avatars.

This sure sounds a lot like Thisalee Crow

>She tried to kill the Rogue champ to take over the world
Now that is a headcanon.

her and the average RPer of a femnelf druid

lmao

Wait why was he chosen?

>they also think toes are incredibly weird and digusting "like having a malformed hand on your legs"
You may want to listen to the female Lightforged dialogue

Then what do you think she was trying to do? Was being defeated by the Shadow part of her master plan?

What dialogue?

Perhaps she was wondering why would you poison someone when youre already stabbing them.

>Perhaps she was wondering why would you poison someone when youre already stabbing them.
At least you can talk. Who are you?

Where they say hooves are much better than feet and imply that they have a sexual thing for hooves.

It doesn't matter who we are. What matters is hope. Do you understand what it means to be left so hopeless as to stop caring about life? We must work together to show them that there is hope. That with the dawning day a better life comes.

Vanessa didn't like seeing the rogue PC's face and knew she was being threatened as a member of the Shadows (the top echelon of the Uncrowned). She challenged the PC to a 1v1, and she loses. With the only other option being death, Vanessa submits to the rogue PC and now serves as what amounts to their prison bitch (seriously).

Her punishment for rebellion is being bred publicly by the High King.

Back when they had a steady supply of Kaja'mite, Goblin technology equalled that of the XXIth century.

"She quickly rose through the ranks to the mysterious Shadows, poised to finally have the means to enact her revenge."
It doesn't really sound to me like she actually moved past her daddy issues.
Might alleviate things.

Fucking hooffags

> XXIth
>21th
>Twenty firth
Mfw

Goldrin? What? Why?

lo'gosh
him dying was the best day of legium

Their technology is already more advanced than ours. Do we have flying killer robots?

Yes.

Isnt she was like 16 during cata?

Imagine being the chuuniest fuck ever while also being a master poisoner and rogue to back your shit up.

>not nightborne
>fucking draenei of all races
kill me

All she wants is revenge for her dad, and that means tearing down Stormwind one way or another.

That's a dildo, not a robot.

She's a good role model, family comes first.

Extra humiliation damage for getting killed by a flying dildo.

>walk in the hall of the Uncrowned wearing my gold-blue transmog and Stormwind tabard
>"of Stormwind title" cause I like to hide my powerlevel in PvP
>see Vanessa sitting there
>"ayyyyy lmao, sup 'nessa"
>turn her into prison bitch
>"Lets go and serve Stormwind together :)))) Kings honor friend ;))))))))"

Literally the only moment in leejun I fully enjoyed

Well, he did had an axe made by Malfurion from a branch and then blessed by Cenarius.
Also, Aldrachi leader injured Sargeras too.

Pitch me an expansion concept that is based on neither RvB or Yet Another Doomsday Threat.

Hard mode: no Mongrel Horde.

Going to space, looking for survivors of the Legion's march and Old God corruption, and cleaning up all the mess from the previous expansions. Rebuilding shit back on Azeroth.

Easy. Reconstruction.
Everybody has to use their professions to collaboratively rebuild all the shit the Yet Another Doomsday Threat and RvB have destroyed. Factions have to trade resources, labor and even essential knowledge to prosper. The end-game raids are about building magnificent projects, the Mythic First is a competition for building the first Wonder of Azeroth.
Put the fucking CRAFT back in WarCRAFT!

I admit, I enjoyed working on the farm back in MoP. It was relaxing. And I thought garrison was a neat idea, though the execution was bad.

I would be all over this.

>Put the fucking CRAFT back in WarCRAFT!
I'm down for it. If Quel'Thalas was supposed to overshadow Kaldorei Empire, they forgot to make buildings as big as the city in Vashj'ir.

World of Craftwar

Financial crisis simulator

Pffffffffffffft.

Our Queen is soon to be back. Say something nice about her.

Kids, please.

YASS QUEEN

What are you looking forward to more:
>Battling against the blood trolls on Zandalar as you fight to contain the foul loa that they worship and discover the Titanic secrets behind its creation.
>Unraveling the mysteries of the Drust's pact with House Waycrest and liberating the people of Stormsong Valley from the corrupting influence of the sea priests on Kul Tiras.

Nightborne are Night Elves who don't actually suck.

thanks for being too much of a failure to entirely ruin the kaldorei

I think it's kinda obvious, don't you?

I play on Moon Guard and I promise, they'll be doing a lot of sucking as soon as they release.

Say that to my face and see what happens.

>Joining Druids to get their attention to get the D(ruid)

>implying there are Horde characters on Moon Guard

What happens? Are you gonna voice act into his ears?

If her voice doesn't make you want to have extremely rough BDSM sex with her, then you're simply not a man.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zv3nlbLNge8

What does this voice make you want to do?

loving missionary sex for the sole purpose of recreation

>can you imagine the demons coming through the portal and getting a face full of vines? CLASSIC!
unironically laughed

So it turns out that a noble daughter of the stars, a woman of a race with knowledge and wisdom that far exceeds that of humanity, with elegance that humans are incapable of and a thoughtfulness and patience that we can only dream of possessing...

... sounds like that. Are we sure that's not a night elf suit being piloted by a gnome?

blizzard forgot all the features of the night elves.

that's what happens to night elves that grew up after Hyjal. The Alliance was a mistake

People who don't like her character are autistic. Yes, she doesn't act like a stereotypical serious and sober druid. So what? Do you think all the druids must be the same? Of course they aren't. Some of them are, surprisingly, young and fun-loving. Blizzard tried to do something different with her, and they succeeded, because her character is likeable.

Then make her worgen, troll, tauren or any other short-lived race that can be a druid. The problem isn't the fact that she's a comically childish druid. The problem is that she's a comically childish night elf that behaves like a valley girl.

Are there no young night elves?

there's no reason to believe that Thisalee Crow is an ancient night elf from the WotA, it's entirely possible she IS a teenager, or the elven equivalent, so why the fuck wouldn't she act like one, especially when she was introduced in Cata, when 8+ years of cultural mixing between the eastern races and the night elves are now canon

What's the coolest 7.2 mount?