Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

Thousand furries edition

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/26/new-codexes-factions-our-heroes-and-more-breaking-news-from-the-las-vegas-opengw-homepage-post-1/

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_imperiumisacuck,acuck!FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Daily Duncan:
youtube.com/watch?v=SIaFtAKnqBU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VUgC6215Gko
youtube.com/watch?v=uP_0DkpFOKs
youtube.com/watch?v=fP8zcvsuY6Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for bot bois

nth for GW's least favorite chapter.

Someone tell me what the plagurburst crawler tournament guy did that was so broken

Thinking about going for an Iron Warriors army, any advice on which units/vehicles to buy and advice on painting them?

>first for bot bois
FPBP, bip bop bee

I got absolutely shit faced yesterday and missed out all threads. Any news from LVO?

But user, thats not the White Scars?

It's okay to admit you want to play Imperial Fists user.

Leman Russ revealed, think is fate zero Iskandar but blonde and power armour

He said least FAVOURITE, not least relevant

dont like to that user

Are there pics?
Does he has a beard?

>Leman Russ revealed
what?

I want to convert the snapfit Reiver sergeant into an Eversor assassin. Any ideas on which parts to use?

The arms attach via pins, so I could just cut the pins off so I could substitute them for bare arms (to represent not having a 3+ save). Maybe some AoS parts will work here.

The distinguishing feature of the eversor is the skull mask and his neurogauntlet. The Reiver has the skull part covered, but I can't think of a good claw to use for the gauntlet.

>think is fate zero Iskandar but blonde and power armour
Were you dropped as a baby?

New mini knight

>Does he has a beard?
Yes

Remember to paint your models and play some games.

Actually yes, but on this occasion I'm phone posting at 5am so fuck you.

Don't tell me what to do with my army men

Why the fuck are Grey Knights so shit...

Because you said Matt Ward was shit when in reality he was the best codex writer

Reminder that if you painted a model a day your army would be finished by now.

So true!
Take necrons for example. He gave them great fluff update, lots of options and a whole new playstyle. In next several codexes all ((THEY)) did was eliminate options Matt (praise be!) gave them

What's your army musical theme, user ?
For me, this will always be the Death Korps of Krieg's theme : youtube.com/watch?v=VUgC6215Gko
That's because of this video : youtube.com/watch?v=uP_0DkpFOKs , whichs contains feels I wasn't prepared for.

kek

Would like some input Veeky Forums. I currently have a 1500pt harlequin force (list below) and would like to expand it to 2K but i'm not really sure of the most mechanically sound choices. The army will be pure harlies and will have at least 1 death jester in the extra 500pts as I have one of the last edition metal ones which I really like.

So what would you add to this to make 2K?

Troupe master
shruiken, embrace

Shadowseer
shruiken

Solataire

5 players
5 fusion, 5 embrace

5 players
5 fusion, 5 embrace

5 players
5 fusion, 5 embrace

Starweaver
Starweaver
Starweaver

4 skyweavers
4 glaives

4 skyweavers
3 glaives, 1 bolas (ran out of points)

+ 1 death jester.

Instead of the usual strategy of painting a section black and painting the yellow hazard stripes on top, paint the area yellow and use a micron pen to draw the black lines instead.

> not Iron Hands

>TFW multiple of your successor chapters get more support than you.

>The list everyone kinda thought about running for ld debuffs but never actually put together

>Chaos Soup -1995 pts
8 + d3CP

>Outrider Detachment (1CP):
Night Lords

Khorne Daemon Prince w Wings -180
Malefic Talons

Warp Talons x5 -75

Warp Talons x5 -75

Warp Talons x5 -75

Warp Talons x5 -75

>Patrol Detachment (0CP):
Skullmaster -100

Bloodletters x30 -235
Icon + Instrument
Banner of Blood -1CP

>Battalion Detachment (3CP):
Slaanesh Daemon Prince w Wings -180
Malefic Talons

Herald of Slaanesh -66

Daemonettes x12 -84

Daemonettes x10 -70

Daemonettes x10 -70

>Supreme Gentleman Detachment (1CP):
Kairos Fateweaver -370
Warlord +d3CP

Be'Lakor -280

Sloppity Bilepiper -60
Entropic Knell

I have no idea what sort of music would be good for rubrics and daemons of Tzeentch. Maybe something from the [s4s] radio? I dunno

I'll fucking tell you what to do. Now drag your autistic ass to the store, be nice, smile, and play the game.

please user show us close ups of your triarch stalker and crypteks

>Iron Hands destroyed the 7th meta
>wah wah woe is me

There's something weird about that custodes PDF link last thread. Weird error messages and when it does transfer it's at like 15k a second. Hope I don't get a DMCA email next week. :P

Top 10 for LVO at the moment:

1. Alaitoc/Ynnari Soup
2. Blood Angels/Guard Soup
3. Alaitoc/Ynnari Soup
4. Pure Blood Angels
5. Daemons/Death Guard Soup with big Fortification
6. Alaitoc/Ynnari Soup
7. Space Wolf/Guard Soup
8. Pure Alaitoc Craftworld
9. Blood Angels/Guard Soup
10. Sisters/Guard/Space Marines Soup

Where can you find these lists?

The same thing happened to me. The file seems to be corrupted.

Where are people pulling these results from because the radical differences between them make me wonder how many of them are just to trigger X player base by calling their army OP and about to get nerfed

Oddly enough the EPUB worked. PDF glitched out each time, both in the URL shared last thread and in one of the MEGAs in op. Very weird.

Butcher's nails. Not even once.

The IG autists just got fucked by Guardian/Shining Spears catapult spam.

Pic related made a list that will use a lot of catachan order and passives.
I guess It's time to invest into actual transport.

Last thread where?

>catapult spam
>good

What in all of Eldanesh's name is this!?

Ici:

Why is GW such a shit company

>6 detachments
Is it autism

hey at least white scars never got completely wiped out and replaced with a successor chapter LARPing as the original one

That's a nice looking model.

>hello, I'm b8

Why, yes you most certainly are.

so truth is bait now?
They are a shitty company holding a great franchise hostage

So in broad terms
What’s good and what’s shit for Custodes?

If a model has two chainswords, does it get two extra attacks?

I'd advise against land raiders and dreads.

don't worry FFG is about to kill them with SW Legion

Where does this idea that Khorne is honorable come from? From all I've read, I gather that Khorne prefers those who take on powerful opponents, but it seems to have more to do with proving you're stronger rather than any sense of honor, and he seems to have no problem with wholesale slaughter of defenseless faggots.

Is it just a meme?

I assumed that was only temporary, SURELY there must have been some IF geneseed squirreled away on mars. Although I guess they still would have lost all of their culture.

Older fluff was more about the honour side of things

Later retcons made him more obsessed with wholesale slaughter, with honour being more of Khaines thing

>Where does this idea that Khorne is honorable come from?

Absolutely ancient fluff.

Each of the Chaos Gods are based on a corrupted positive emotion. Khorne's is honor. Slannesh is love. Forget the other two.

(Malal's is Justice.)

Nurgle was the will to live, Tzeench was the yern for knowledge

I agree that the dread is shit, at least until we get FW Dataslates

Land Raider is fine at larger points values, you can use it to get your shield Captain and friends into combat without wasting command points with deep striking

>honour being more of Khaines thing
I thought Khaine was the one about destruction and killing whoever he felt like because he was a dick, but a powerful one to be feared.

Until we get the FW unit rules, no clue except that LR and GW Dreads are shit

Why would you need a tutorial for making grey knight heads out of terminator heads when a grey knight terminator kit already exists?

>so truth is bait now?

Post proof that GW is a shit company...... We're waiting.

Shitty companies don't pull themselves out of the gutter like this.

Be aware of the difference between khorne nad khaine between 40k and pre-AoS fantasy.

In 40k khorne has been the god of bloodlust and murder whereas khaine is the eldar god of war. In fantasy khaine is explicitly the god of murder whereas khorne is the god of war.

>Eldar replace Slaanesh with Ynnead
>Hey it worked once why not again?
>Gather all the avatars, duct tape them together and have Ynnead ressurect khaine
>Replace Khorne
>Free Isha, have her take Nurgle's place
>Down with the Clown replaces Tzeentch
>Massive Eldar resurgence, Galaxy returned to it's rightful owners

>>Massive Dark Eldar resurgence, Galaxy returned to it's rightful owners

FTFY

> Free Isha
> Clown god and a few Harlequins outplay Tzeentch

You make these sound like easy things to do

that's why they are a shit company, all they care about is profit instead of what is good for the franchise in eyes of the consumer.
They can just go pure Space Marine and make more money (what will probably happen) but it will essentially kill what makes it warhammer

tl;dr
profits don't make them a good hobby company

Ah yes the four aspects of existence: Death, Life, War and Clowns.

How old is the average banana guard ? Has any of them seen the days of the Great Crusade ?

>wahhh, i dont like that things cost money!
>holding a great franchise hostage!
So, despite them licensing 40k and fantasy to anything with a track record of development, letting just about anyone pen novels or short stories, and having a HUGE amount of third party support, GW is holding a kitchen sink scifi setting that they themselves developed "hostage"? In what fucking language are you defining hostage there, hoss?

Anyone?

didn't they just reveal a plastic crytek and a new knight?

>quality content makes popular opinion
>popular opinion drives sales
>sales drive profit
>profit drives quality content
Keep bleating, sheepy. If you dont like it, play something else. /AWG/ has plenty of great games at much more affordable scales.

Valdor ‘disappeard’ at some point, meaning he’s more than definitely out there somewhere

>tfw titanfall conversion is looking possible now
Neat

It's absolutly shocking that GW is seemingly unable to hire good writers to make their codexes with results like this.
I dont blame fans for thinking that put out shit like, well anything related to Orks, out of spite.

i am interesting in warhammer lore, not anything else.
that's what i mean the franchise is held hostage.
Jesus Christ user

Is it an ass move?
I'm pretty sure theres no detachment limit.

>didn't they just reveal a plastic crytek and a new knight?
no, it's a hidden agenda to release more Space Marines

yes

On average, probably not that old, if 500 years is enough to make them a veteran. I mean, that's not a crazy age for a space marine to reach.

You really are retarded. Those profits are a direct result of the company doing what the consumer wants. How brain damaged are you?

I really thought you were trolling at first. But you really are this stupid. Congratulations!

Its fan fiction or maybe some shit from fantasy. I have never ever ever seen anyone back it up with a screenshot/source. All the 40k books outline khorne is a faggot who doesn't care who dies. Maybe you can extrapolate it from flesh hounds, who hunt down cowards or something. Someone will reply to this but there will be no screen shot.

Khorne cares not where the blood flows. The end.

If all you care about is lore then write your own fiction, give yourself complete creative control over your bespoke universe

Be proactive

Several hundred years on average, with a number in the thousands. None of them have been around since the HH, bar the occasional dreadnought, since they leave the service when they feel they become too slow and feeble to carry out their duty, either to travel through the imperium as spies or to retire to their pasttimes, such as literature or law.

>profit drives more profitable content
FTFY

There is a recommended detachment limit.

>thousands of retards swarm hobby cuz muh spess muhreens
>hobby becomes shit but makes profit
>more Space Marines
>more profit
>everything non-space marine gets ruined
i think you are the one who is retarded

GW's main marketing strategy is raping their customers daily, hoping they develope a Stockholm syndrome.
Sadly, because most of the players are pathetic numales it works pretty well as shown in their profits.

The geneseed survived for sure.

As for culture; many of the successor chapters had a similar one with the exception of the Black Templars, who Dorn would disown as his sons in the first place.

40k factions in a nutshell for newfags

youtube.com/watch?v=fP8zcvsuY6Y

damn i love those power suits

It kinda is. Grimnar is at ~700 (well, ~800 after the timeskip) one of the oldest chapter masters around, and Dante is a crazy outlier at ~1000 (again, ~1100).
500 is certainly not unheard of or even that unusual, but very few marines will make it past 200 or so on average.