Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2022: Riddled with traps

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-TasvvENupo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thanks user. I suspect the Conversion Ray is better (if nowhere near as portable) since SupCom tech goes way past molecular scanning down into the quantum scale, but it's good as a backup idea.

Oh, also, Scanner is 200 points so I can't get it for my challenge chain. Foiled again!

Which jump gives you the best leveling system?

How many dimensions do you have?

What powers did you take in PS238? Totally freeform power creation choices always end up leaving me with decision paralysis.

How badly do you Jumpers tend to maul your enemies?

The Gamer it gets very bullshit very fast

I feel that depends if it is just a mook I try to be non-lethal unless they are assholes who commit mass murder or the like.

If it's someone like Frieza well then I would dice him up like Trunks did

FISS for flying brick powers then Miscellaneous Meta to become an Assisted Reality Technopath.

>"Or in simpler english, it's like Iron Man's Jarvis is in my head, giving me an AR overlay for my senses and I can mentally interact with technology like the protagonist in the Watch Dogs games - and I'll tell you now, it's a lot easier being a FISS when you've got built-in satnav and flightpath recticles! Also, great for comparing prices at the supermarket."

Papa Bones levels of stomping
Wasted it on training boosters

Mostly non lethal takedowns unless they've done something real fucked up. Like Klarion in Young Justice kicked the shit out him let him feel the lower half of his body being atomized and then absorbed him Buu style.

I have no enemies, only not-yet-friends

What perks do we have for fusing alt-forms?

We have the one in Sword Art Online and the one in Exalted Lunars.

I know Digimon World 3 lets equip 3 qualities per form to whatever body you currently are in.

What other perks do we have

Hulk Out! from Avengers EMH.

Konosuba has an option in the capstone perk

If memory serves Iji has extremely small scales as well. Like I remember something about the high end stuff from it being Picotech. Although that may be wrong and I cannot actually produce any qoutes. But everything in Iji is based on Nanites at a very least so I'd say it's probably at least equal to SupCom when it comes to scanning things.

>For the single player session, is the break something that can be controlled?
No, it's not something you can control. It just happens once you talk to your Denizen.

Caliborn was just very lucky to have three planets not clear the blast before Skaia collapsed into a blackhole. Generally, you can assume you're going to have to deal with all 15 planets (or maybe 14, I dunno).

>With enough luck/probability manip, could I get them all at once?
...Pooossibly? Keep in mind that Caliborn was already extremely lucky to get 3 planets. It's going to be extremely unlikely to catch all of them.

This is excluding the 8th planet though. Because you need to pocket the eight-ball last, which probably doesn't count if you get them all at once?

>Or would having an easy/easier way our be cheating?
It's a bit against the spirit of it, but if you're /that/ good at luck/probability manipulation, that's fine.

Keep in mind though, the time limit and difficulty normally gets worse for every planet. If you get all the other planets to fall into the black hole on their own, you're going to run into a liittle bit of a difficulty curve for the 8th (last) planet (and little resources/practise before taking on your Denizen at the end).

Not really. At least not beyond the Wyld Hunt for the decade, if you're not a Dragon-Blooded or Sidereal.

At worst, Infernals or Abyssals might 'oops' you into becoming inhuman if you're not careful about learning permanent Charms you learn. But that's pretty easily avoided (or toggled away).

Also, Wyld Taint if you casteless Lunar, but that goes away post-jump too.

Also, hey all, I'm back again. Been out of the loop for a while. Did I miss any other questions in the meantime? No guarantees I can answer quickly.

I'd give an indication of when I'm going to post my updates, but every time I do that things go pear-shaped quickly... So, hoping things'll go fine this time.

There is one in like Biomega or something like that. Its a cyborg form or some such perk that lets you merge forms.

And in Prototype I believe one of the virus options is a merge forms option.

Is there anything like Dreams and Imagination or Inner World that give you your own plane?

El Goonish Shive has one.

Nice to see you back, Mardukth.
>I'd give an indication of when I'm going to post my updates, but every time I do that things go pear-shaped quickly

I know that feeling.

Is there anyway to get your imported companion Monkey Kid from Dragon Ball?

Zelda the Minish Cap has 'When on the Edge of Demise' for the mage capstone.

E6+ charms when

Find the gap in your offense or defense, and plug it with Misc. Meta.

If you don't have any weaknesses, get some utility stuff.
Like a comfy-ification aura that makes things around you more pleasant. Taken to the extreme, it could make beds softer, food tastier, music sweeter, smells nicer and maybe even help people heal slightly faster or something.

ASSUMING

DIRECT

CONTROL

w-what's going on?

I thought this was an andromeda jump

what are you doing? Christmas has already passed sempai.

"Direct intervention is necessary."
"This is what you face."
"We are limitless."

>replacement jumps

Well fuck that.

Generic Isekai update when

These are unchanged from the last time they were posted, so... why?

This one's got more pages, at least. Is it yours?

You thought wrong.

Havent jumped there yet. Im thinking of getting an aura which makes you grow more and more aroused the longer you are around me and the closer you are to me. Toggleable. Either that or be a child of cernunos and get kickass antlers and hunt powers.

Well you can fuck right off then with your replacements.

"You cannot resist. I know you feel this."
>These are unchanged from the last time they were posted, so... why?
"Preserve the bodies if possible.”
>Is it yours?
"I will direct this personally."

Maxed out FISS and Misc Meta. Utility builds all the way through on that one.

No but for real this was a lot effort just to point and go "ha ha" on the internet. Some next level time wasting.

youtu.be/-TasvvENupo

I thought asari only live to be 1000. Doesn't that mean that martriarchs are fucked? How legit is the boob and biotic boost for matriarchs?

More like 3000 mate.

In The Gamer jump, what are the MP points mentioned under Thought Crystal Battery?

Yes, I deliberately put in a trap option. Of course not. Krogan and asari are said to live for roughly the same amount of time. Some of both might even be biologically immortal. Some of the older krogans seen are 1,300-1,400+ years old. Think of it as being 1,001-1,008 years young.
>How legit is the boob and biotic boost for matriarchs?
100% canon. It is unknown if the correlation is related, but I thought it was funny/unknown enough to mention it.

Question and comment:

Valkyrie and Huntress (Asari) have the same text.

The Specter DI capstone lets you combine classes and specializations in such a way that it'd be possible to be a Justicar / Huntress / Valkyrie. Is that correct?

If you acquire multiple level systems, do they stay separate or just unlock more options? Do perks that effect XP from that setting's system all XP based systems you have?

Why the fuck did Frieza think his attack was going to work? That shoots far past the line between idiocy and pride. Boasting about it being "planet destroying" wasn't very impressive at this level, either.

And to think, a Jiren who's actually serious is even stronger than this.

The answer is because the writers aren't very good, and don't read their old notes.

This is always the answer for why anything happens in Super.

Mana points, essentially.

Why is most of anime retarded? This is a sincere question.

This is you.

That dude's face gets me every time.

>Valkyrie and Huntress (Asari)
It is speculated that Valkyries are Asari Commandos, but there doesn't exist enough information for sound speculation. In the multiplayer they are functionally the same specialization. It's simply what class you access them from.
>have the same text.
So do some others like Adept's and Vanguard's Project Phoenix. Some differences are only in the class you access them from. In the case of the above, there just doesn't exist enough information to differentiate them with lore.
>in such a way that it'd be possible to be a Justicar / Huntress / Valkyrie. Is that correct?
Additional specializations of your class are 100CP. Those that are not are 200CP. Those that are not of your race are 200CP.

Additional classes can be had from Infiltrator and with Spectre. Specializations from your second and or third class would still follow the above rules.
There was a hole.

Does it raise your max mana cap or does it just allow you to fill up your spent mana?

To be fair, Frieza's pride does make him stupid.

This is the second time he's provoked someone into an anger-based transformation and gotten his ass kicked.

Public transportation: not even once.

That awkward moment when I spend ages getting a good and even amount of (hopefully balanced) perks for my five origins.... to then realise I never had a fifth origin to begin with...

Sounds like now you do

Time to make one up.

I'm not the jumpmaker, so I can't say for sure, but i assume its more refill than cap increase, though you could probably indirectly raise your cap by pulling energy from it. Your best bet would be to ask the jumpmaker, though.

Either make a 5th origin or roll them into a general perks section

Yep...
I'll see if they fit into a general section, if not, I'm making another origin

Which jump?

Everyone Else is a Returnee

The way it's written reads to me that it's just a refill but it's amazingly useless for very expensive item if it's that.
I guess you could take it to some other world, like Hero BBS or Overlord where you actually can get significant amounts of people thinking about you constantly but probably still not worth it compared to what else you could buy instead.

Why is the Dark Spawn origin the only desirable one for perks?

Yeah, among the options in the jump, being the Gamer is definitely the best option for regen of both kinds and more worth the price. I think it's supposed to be based on Arc Company, but the amount of work it would take to duplicate what he did would be ridiculous with only in jump stuff.

I love you. Have I said I love You? Cause I do.

You'll make me blush user

Don't look too deeply into a shitpost. At the end of the day it was made because he thought it was funny, and quality doesn't come into it.

Oh, I know. I just feel if you're going to put that much effort into it, you could go the extra mile and make a legitimately good shitpost

I'm so sad people don't make quality shitposts.

Eeehhhhhh. It depends on the perspective. You do have to buy their 600CP just so you can truly pass for "human" or to travel with companions. You'd blight shit otherwise. And their 100CP is basically just making it just so they have autonomy. It's all very special. Sure it gives you immediate power, but in practice it's kinda a waste when you can reach it eventually by yourself. It's all what floats your boats, tickles your peach, or Bob's your uncle. If that's what you're about.

Like Dragons Age Inquisition?

>You have a startlingly ironic appearance
Did you mean iconic?

>Salarian Imprinting
This is an actual thing that happens? Seems like it was done by the Protheans so they could have loyal scientists who wouldn't suddenly decide to build a virus or something.

See, DAI is a legit quality shitpost. It's a middle finger to an user with an irrational hateboner who probably quit the thread right after it was posted, and also an actually well made jump with interesting, equally worthwhile perks.

Is DAI a problem? When is it set?

Oh, what part of it did that?

Yes, yes I did. Thank you concerned citizen.
>This is an actual thing that happens?
Yep.

No, no it's not a shitpost because it broke any of the /jc/ rules. It's one because there used to be an user who hated Dragon Age Inqusition (the game) and would spend entire threads bitching about it so the jumpmaker made it on a whim.

It's set well after the other games.

>Mass Effect remake
>No option to be a Reaper
>Scenario to control the Reapers makes you into one of their slaves

>The Cult of Shepard
>There you crew is
Did you mean "There your crew is" ?

Say what you will, I took the stick out of my ass and started beating people to death with it a long, long time ago. I was here before, and I will out last you all. I am never going away. I know I annoy ye vocal few more than I literally have the capacity to be annoyed. Isn't it funny? Do you get the joke? So, laugh.
You'll have to excuse a few eccentricities. This is is nearly three times the size of the biggest thing I've ever done. I'll fix them if pointed out. Your eyes just glass over. Some like the same description specializations are just there functionally regardless.
I thought about it. I thought about it.
Yes, yes I did. my r key sticks. Give me a minute.

the amount of trying at first appeared to be a great deal but then it turned out to be a clever ruse

Reminder that the only reason to go to Mass Effect is to drop a group of out of context aliens onto Terra Nova before humans got there and just watch the fireworks happen.

Anyone going to answer this?

Well there is a Reaper code perk. And a Leviathan of Dis researcher perk. But yeah as shitposts go it's not terribly ambitious. No Leviathan perk? No being the Catalyst scenario? It's he doesn't even have the heart to go through with his outdated 2008 era memes.

Which aliens are your favourite to drop there?

There's the tragedy perk in Shin Godzilla that allows one to hold an entire universe inside themselves and you can apparently gain an inner world with the right perks in Infernals

>Godzilla eventually evolves a universe
>Godzilla evolves self replication before that
>Logically, the universe within himself is populated and maybe shaped like smaller zillas

Also we totally need an Akira jump

All for the punchline, my dude. You gotta commit to the bit.

>you can apparently gain an inner world with the right perks in Infernals

>Inner World

Honestly? I tend to go for the Grays. There is just something amusing about it. A couple times I've dropped old AI's there. Recently though I've been leaving Warhammer Fantasy Lizardmen there. They end up as allies when some old prophecy is found on the moon of Lustria. Seeing Krogan react to them is great, so is seeing Salarian scientists realizing that magic is real.

Shit, meant to quote

Paul Jump when?

nani