>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>The Bloody Hand will point the way!
youtube.com/watch?v=hQGiFWwZJno

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

>Previous Thread:

1st for gore

Why

Started work on an Eldar army, painted the wings and facemask on the first model (an autarch).

Should I add some black feathers in the wings to break it up? Not sure yet.

Got to paint the cape next.

If you want to go black feather, I'd add just some black bits on the tips

First Model in a long time.
A viking from v&v miniatures or whatever they are called. Runefang Steel sucks ass for highlights so the metal might seem dull. In retrospect, Gray was a bad choice for gloves.

Base still to go.

Took part in local GW's painting competition to get my first tick on painting bingo. Now I have some bragging rights, got 3rd place on monster-category.

Also, just found old Ork battleforce box with all boys done but extra bits left in, with untouched Trukk and warbike-sprues, and untouched box of Lootas in a flea market for 16,80€. Had to check it out, all that bought new would be 85€.

This has been a good weekend.

For the glory of chaos of course

Sort of wip related story time. Continuing from month ago

>holding a almost monthly game/hobbyday at local library
>effort by me and my friend to build a miniature gaming community in our local town
>15 year old autistic kid comes there (with a assigned caretaker)
>try to teach him to how paint better
>thinning paints etc. All the things our lord Duncan has taught us
>after half hour explaining and showing finally understands why you have to thin down the paints
>he's painting Lord of Contagion
>below average table top wuality, but way better than last time
>last time gave him a bottle turqoise paint
>spends full Army Painter bottle on 10 marines
>10 MARINES
>also hammering into his tiny head that priming your models is a must do
>so LoC painted, teachimng him how to do a cork base
>gets excited about how cool it turned out and says he's going to send pics to GW in hopes of winning a Golden Demon
>mfw

Also when we are playing he constantly screeches and jumps if I make a good roll or kill a model from the table. Also constantly asks me to give him free stuff from my collection, even asking me to buy Chimera for him. Emperor grand me strenght...

Also not going full off-topic here's some delf crossbowpersons I've done. Still need to do some details on helmets and bases. Maybe some highlight on crossbows.

Maybe its the lighting but i think your chainmail looks great.
Really nice work on the shield too.

i was wondering how it was going, from what i remember it sounds like hes making progress learning how to paint at least. Keep up the good work user

After a bit of discussion with a friend a kestrel-esque pattern sounded good, I like it much better now.

Thanks man. He's just a little bit tireing (is that even a word?) at times.

When I was trying to teach this 10 year old kid how to paint (who is living in his neighbour or something and got him into 40k), the 15 yo kept interupting me asking me if I would sell/give some of my models for him, even literally begging on his knees.

I've been working on the base for my Technomancer today, the steps and ground will be covered in moss pads later.

Just got a wet palette. First guy I've painted in a week or two. I fudged his mask hard, I think I need a finer smaller brush.

jesus christ i remember when i was 9 and was like this. not the austistic sperg shit, but the starry eyed 'im gonna win the youngbloods category with my neat goblins' that looked like shit and had no washes it was a simpler time, and at least my paints were thinned

I like this a LOT - really nice bits usage and the whole form flows so nicely. gives it a real sense of "drama"

I think we all have been there.

I find when dealing with ASD people (I work at a school) just being totally blunt and firm works best - they definitely can be tiring (it is a word!) to deal with, but if you just talk to them straight up about what you will/wont do for them, or what is/is not ok for them to do/say, they take it pretty well. They don't get any nuances, unfortunately

It's pretty good! Maybe add an extra highlight to the hands where the knuckles/fingers. They look a bit flat compared to things like the pouches/fatigues

That is a really sweet ass looking base! Cant waut to see the model on it and finished.

That looks good man. Like you said mask is bit off but its not bad. Extra highlight on the blue will probably make it much better looking. Keep at it!

>tfw buying more guardsmen to try and motivate me to paint the ones I already own
Save me lads

Don't do it. It doesn't work.

I'd know... I tried before.

Now I have 9 tanks with 3 more coming in a kickstarter I ordered in november. 2 are finished

The damage has already been done user
I think you need the help instead of me

Finished my second talos. How'd i do this time?
I can't get the ball socket to stay into the model, keeps falling off. Should i glue it?

Thanks for the info. Will definetly say more bluntly if he needs to calm down. Ive working in hospital before but havent had much experience with people with ADS people.

And not making too off-topicy here's a delf sorceress Im working on. First time using airbrush.

'sup folks.

I've been crafting terrain and stuff for my roleplaying games for a while now, but I've always had issue with the painting part. Also interested in painting miniatures but I know nothing about it.

Is there any basic FAQ / tutorial videos I can consult to get started? I don't even know what thinning paint does/ how to do it/ why do it.

Enjoy an unrelated picture as payment for your attention.

Have you checked videos in OP post? Also check Warhammer TV for their daily painting tips and follow our glorious God Duncan's tips.

Quick version of thinning on how I do it:
1. Paint drop or two on pallte
2. Add water roughly 50-50 mix on pallette
3. Two or three thin coats of paint to get nice smooth color
4.???
5. PROFIT

Thanks, I'll start there!

>Is there any basic FAQ / tutorial videos I can consult to get started? I don't even know what thinning paint does/ how to do it/ why do it.
either this or the 40k op should have several versions of the how to paint miniatures books amongst others.
That is a pretty good place to start.
And warhammer tv, although you have to tune out some of the somewhat heavyhanded marketing there. Just know that you can use any brand of paints and mix stuff instead of buying 15 different pots for each recipe.

Check out the links in OP

Check out Duncan's tutorials on Warhammer TV on youtube.

r8 my shitty workbench

Looks fucking sick mate! Also, a pin is a better idea, easier to store. Also, how did your talk with your school go?

Post a picture of your #3 Monster

nice paint storage, but otherwise grim - the curtains and hanging clothes make it seem really claustrophobic

Mr Plinkett/10

I'm getting Resi 7 vibes, especially with that statue half behind the curtain for some reason.

Here you go. Also had my Drop Pod and Norse-team for BB up there but they didnt make it. No matter, im extremely happy with #3. Overall quality was really impressive, didnt really expect to place in any category.

0/10. Strip it.

So I want to convert my Allarus to have flamer pikes like picture related, any suggestions on how to do it?

I might just use the pole arm in the box, and add a fuel canister and a flamer on top. I was considering using a catapractii heavy flamer and extent the flamer with plastic card, but the arms are not the best fit and will look really monopose.

the heads in the pic look fairly close to some of the gargoyle bits from the old CSM vehicle upgrade sprue, but those may be jarring in contrast to the sharpness of detail on new plastic kits. Maybe pieces from the chorf or fyreslayer flamepikes?

Oh Hey, thanks for remembering. Think I got the boost, academic transcript and final grades show a 70 so I think I'm good
Feels good

Yes, I might use these or a normal flamer muzzle.

>chorf
Sorry what? Did you mean dwarf?

It's a divider. I rent a room and i'm lazy and didn't pull the curtain.

Working on building an ork army. I'm on my third vehicle.

what starts with ch and ends with orf
it's two words

I'm not up to date with GWs new weird ass names.

chayoss
dorfs

>new

Their whole four fans would be happy if that was the case.

Kitbashing a Juggerlord for my small Black Legion army I'm making from stuff left over from my conversions. How's he look? I'm probably going to end up putting in some kind of spacer on his torso because it kind of looks comically squat compared to his massive legs.

I also need a name for this boy, I was thinking Crimminy Jimminy but I figure you guys might come up with better ideas.

So, if you're not willing to mortgage your house for citadel paint, what other paints work well on warhammer mini's?
My city has 3 art colleges so craft/art stores are quite plentiful.

I miss these models.

Vallejo, Scale75, Reaper, Armypainter are all good.
Most craft paints use relatively coarse pigments, which don't work that well on miniatures, they're far more translucent than paints used in modelling.
Oil washes are used though, though it's more common for display models than gaming miniatures.
Also, most craft paints won't be as hard-wearing as miniature paints, these objects are going to be handled far more than an art object.

Have I fucked up?

Context: I still want to do the gun in black and make the face a bit bluer, I'm afraid of going overboard on layers

Got a second Trajann Valoris by mistake and decided to convert him into a sword&board Shield-Captain.
Good fun.

What's the best way to give white some depth? I was an idiot and decided to do an urban/white look on my guard, and now i have all these vehicles to paint. I tried giving them a lick of reikland fleshshade but they just came out kinda pinkish, even after i drybrushed white back on. I've never painted white before and i'm kinda stuck.

A friend suggested dry pigment painting, but i'm not sure what that is.

no you're fine, just paint in thin layers
He's a little boring but I can't really place why.
Just doesn't seem too lordly.

Depends on your intended end result. White can be super versatile, depending. A "cool white" can be achieved by washing with super diluted grey or blue

>And this is my shitting stance

It's guard so i'm trying to go kinda grimy. I'm doing the tracks in a heavy nuln wash to make them look nice and oily/grimy, so i'd like to do something to replicate that on the actual armour

Little update on space beastmen. Been busy with irl stuff so not much progress.

Looks cool mate, probably needs the axe at a lower angle, you would image he would lower it to take aim at whatever he's shooting

Besides the ones in Wrath of Magnus, what are some good dust bunnies schemes you've seen?

Congrats user!

Secret Weapon do a ton of different colored washes that might fit the bill - I like Baby Poop, Sewer Water, and Armor Wash for grimy vehicle use

Real neat looking, nice glasses!

Help me /wipg/, I am considering rebasing all my Tau using Armageddon Dunes. Please talk me out of it.

Was asking this in the last thread. Got some good responses, but not quite everything I was hoping for.

Just got Collodi and his crew of puppets (pic related) as well as some of the effigies, and I'm looking for a color scheme. I was thinking a muted yellow with a light drab blue. Someone in the last thread posted a similar color scheme but I neglected to save it. I also want to make some tiny puzzle pieces out of cork board (I know a guy who has a Glowforge I can pay to cut it out for me) to go on their bases. Suggestions and advice?

Sorry for posting again (from old thread) but still had very little advice; how could i try to improve this? (sorry for fridge-pic)

I love anything with claws and hydraulics, looking forward to seeing that painted.

you could look into painting vehicles like they were white washes.
You know, temporary camo.

The magazine this is from should also be in the 40k mega folders somewhere btw.

>white washes.
white washed

The lines on his chest could be a tiny bit neater, but overall I feel that that Iron Warrior feels like he's been in a muddy trench for the last decade, and looks pretty good for just paint, not actual mud.

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY SON

I dunno, I like it. Maybe a bit hazard stripe heavy, some of the lines could be a bit neater, but its tough to paint so I understad.

Update, finally got a good idea of how to paint them, how did I do?

Also, 3 down, 21 to go
;-;

My eyes!

Does anyone use GW's spray's directly on the model? I know it's not real primer and that kinda worries me. Thinking of picking up some metallic spray for the trukk I want to paint.

Give your metals a wash. I like to brown wash; although it makes them look a bit dirty, you can reapply silver in the non-recessed areas to build it back up and have the wash shade.

Thanks! the stripes were a paint to do, but i can definitely work on neatening those up on the next ones
Should i try to do more mud on them from the response?

Only the white and black GW sprays are true primers, the rest are only spray paint. I dunno about Army painter sprays.

Im pretty sure you can just use one over primer spray

I already sorta half jumped the gun on that by basing them white. I have some grey spray, though, i suppose i could try going back over.

Some of the stuff also came out fuzzy so i'm not liking the white at this point, but i'm committed.

One friend said i should go through and finish everything, seal it, then wash it- apparently the wash would just slide off the seal but still pool in the recesses. Would this work?

Sorry if i seem annoying, i'm not the best painter but wanted a decent army for a tournament in a month. So i'm kinda shooting for speed and medium quality.

This

But I'm lazy and just use it as it is. Works ok.

As a follow up, here's the one furthest along.

I don't know, how will you do the base?

That seems like it'll be pretty getting pretty THICC at that point.

More mud would probably be excessive.

And the other side.

ive used that and the mechanicus grey, works perfectly fine
if youre ever in doubt just spray a bit of sprue, wait 24 hours, then try scratching it off with your fingernail
thats about all of the abuse your models will get if youre careful with them so its a good way to simulate damage

So how would I go about that, per say? Washing that is, I wasn't told about that when first building/painting the models

Chinaman delivered over the weekend he's pretty clean and looks really good now I just have to add him to my backlog.... yay

ok, thanks for the advice!
As joyful as hazard stripes have been to paint, ill probably try to do a normal iron warriors scheme for my others, save for maybe one squad

>those brushstrokes
try thinning your paint more, also re do that lettering

It's the first time i've drybrushed, sorry. I guess i left too much on.

And yeah i know i gotta redo the lettering, it doesn't help my actual hand writing is worse with a pencil. I may have a friend who's good at freehand do it for me

How do you guys think I did on this tank for flames of War?

This is either a strange piece of art someone put on their table, or these gents are actually painting in a river...