Spread your Game

I have been running the same game since 2013. I'm still happy with it, but I want to know if there's more out there.

I'm planning on starting a new campaign soon, so how about convincing Veeky Forums that they should try your favourite games system?

Bonus points if the game still has crunch, but talents/skills/spells/etc all are meaningful instead of +1 to something.

I'll always recommend MonsterHearts. It is a niche game, it's supernatural high school drama, so most people either love or hate the concept if it's not for you then fair enough. If that does sound like something you could get on board with then it's one of the best systems for creating social drama there is and each of the skins (classes essentially) are interesting and flavourful.

How does MonsterHearts change with MonsterHearts 2?

Try burning wheel - where every skill is important

I own Mouse Guard if you were able to give a difference comparison between the two.

A couple of the skins get changed, usually with the intent of tightening the focus. The rules for manipulating NPCs were changed to involve more compromise and to make Hot less powerful as a stat. The GM also gets better rules for creating villains although they take away the advantage/disadvantage mechanics but those are easy enough to just put back in.

I mean in my Burning Wheel game one player used the skill countryside-wise multiple times

>Riven

Is Myst a Veeky Forums topic or /v/?

I like bunny girls but that pic is just awefull
>Jackass in the corner with a creepy look
>Carrot peelers remind me more of them peeling their dicks
>Super slutty

that's the joke.jpg

Feel I'll never have a chance to play this game.

The party I'd feel comfortable ERPing with have no interest in this game.

The party who'd have in interest in this game are all people I don't want to explore any intimacy with.

Is it an ERP game just because it's all about LGBTBBQ?

I like Fate. The system itself is pretty simple (though the book sucks at explaining it) but you get complexity in how to word things to communicate at the table and fit things into context.

There's easy-mode 'this gives you +2' but there's also plenty of guidelines for stunts and aspect invokes to have more interesting applications.

I'll never not shill Dread. It's applications are very niche compared to other more universal systems, but it truly is a work of art how well designed it is.

Can you describe it further?

You play with a Jenga tower instead of dice. Not tipping it over is a success, if you knock it down, you die. You can always choose to fail a pull so you don't die but you don't succeed, or you can take an honorable fall and fail on purpose to save your friends.

It's best as a rules light horror game and has a lot of character interaction rather than crunchy mechanics.

Try Heroquest 2/Glorantha.
Let's players play heroic figures
Make up your own attributes
Have depth in the mechanics and meaningful character choices without bogging everything down with rules.
let's you have fun as GM and player.
>Bonus points if the game still has crunch, but talents/skills/spells/etc all are meaningful instead of +1 to something.
Basically this.
Also the writing is super fucking insightfull for GMs.

would also like to add, character creation is done by filling out a questionnaire which really helps you focus on roleplaying since the game is stat free.

Heroquest dude here, this sounds like fun, will try it out.

DELET THIS
Bunnies are for PROTECC, not LEWD!

Holy shit, it's real? I thought people were joking when they talked about playing RPGs with a Jenga tower.

>it's all about LGBTBBQ?
It isn't unless you make it about that stuff. It's an ERP game because sexual attraction and intimacy are both mechanically important to the system, so you either need to engage with that material or you wind up being really vague.

Sauce? Google tells me it's a cartoon.

Killing Bites.
It's trash, but the good kind of trash

Flip through the Dungeons the Dragoning PDF and see if it catches your interest. It's a high flying space fantasy game that has surprisingly good crunch. It's a mashup of all the most iconic things featured in various TTRPGs placed under a unified roll and keep system from L5R. Even if you don't end up playing it, it's a majestic thing to flip through looking at spell combos, exaltations, darksteel power armor, vampires, and cybernetics all in the same book.

Sounds fun, there a pdf floating around?

never let it be said that this user did not deliver

Huh, the production value is better than Shadowrun or Exalted.

Literally retarded.

>the production value is better than Shadowrun
that's a pretty low bar

I mean, it is a pdf with a few pictures, even basic editing surpassed it automatically.

im looking for a game of DTD40K, any gm for it?

lel

What about yourself?

I love Strike!, but it's an acquired taste.

I'm terrible at selling the system, but it's basically a light, a little bit FATE-like thing with a D&D-style class based combat system attached. It's also got a bunch of different systems (for things like wilderness travel, chases, etc.) with "hooks" into each-other to make it somewhat coherent.

The layout/editing is meh, the writing style is questionable and there's some kinks that need hammering out, but the rules are transparent, mostly explained, and really easy to modify.

Stop shilling Strike!
Why does Veeky Forums keep shilling Strike!?

He said its got his kinks.

What kind of game do you want to run and play?

My favourite system is also one that relies on it being used in the setting it's been written into: Legend of the Five Rings.

It's about not!Samurai in a continent-wide not!Japan/(China/Korea) who do honorable (or dishonorable, depending on the group) things, ranging from being fantasy-samurai cops, fantasy magic cops hunting witches and demons or something different, like soldiers in the military for special operations.

Or Blades in the Dark. Which is a dark game about the players being scoundrels, ranging from ruthless killers, to not!Batman/Darker than Black "Hei" characters or even smugglers/drug dealers, trying to eke out a small fortune on which to retire on.

Or bring about the end of the world, if they are a cult. For example.

I missed you too, man