Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Gregor Eisenhorn Model Coming on 24th To Shill For New Book Edition

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/26/new-codexes-factions-our-heroes-and-more-breaking-news-from-the-las-vegas-opengw-homepage-post-1/

Daily Duncan:
youtube.com/watch?v=W9T9A8PiJxQ

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_imperiumisacuck,acuck!FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/bellaumbrella/?hl=de
dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/150/733325.page#9806476
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what do the shields on the tzaangors do? i think they look way better with sword+shield than chainsword+pistol.

Nice, I could use a 5th Inquisitor.

>Pure Mars admech
How boring does this make me?

Probably offer some sort of protection

drukhari a CUTE

CODEX INQUISITION FUCKING CONFIRMED

GET HYPE

INVESTIGATE THE SMALL HIVE OF TWIN SPIRES AND GET SOME DAMN GOOD RECAF

instagram.com/bellaumbrella/?hl=de

Here you go.

afaik they only exist in AoS, 40k tzaangors get pistol+chainsword or 2 swords.
maybe that will change with codex Magnus the Dead

Nothing. Its for Age of Smegma. Gives them a 6+ FNP in that game.

not very. cawl looks great as do the red robes

TOP 8 LISTS AT LVO:

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/150/733325.page#9806476

Twitch stream @ frontlinegaming_tv

Warhams going strong!

I sure hope they let me give my no-name inquisitor power armour again.

Tell me, would I be THIS GUY if I bring two knights for 1000pts games? I have found a small store with a single box of IK: Renegade and I just can't resist the urge to buy it. Noone in my LGS is using or having a knight so I would be the first one bringing these models at all

Good taste

Not a codex fucktard, its to shill the new Book, Magos or whatever it was called.

Yeah, I just released that the vast majority of people are recreating their armies from the fluffy anyway, I'm just being insecure because the hobby costs money

>dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/150/733325.page#9806476

>b-b-but intercessors aren't viable
>b-b-but being tanky objective grabbers is shit
>b-b-but tactical marines have f-flexibility
manlets
B T F O
T
F
O

wtf, that's just some generic vanilla list, how is it top 8?

Absolutely fuckall...well besides looking A E S T H E T I C as fuck

>mfw burning of the Heretics soon

darn.

ill give them 2 weapons then.

Why do people keep saying custodies land raider lost the 5++?

Ageis of the emerperor says that any model with the ADEPTUS COSTODIES word has the 5++ which the land raider has.
there is no difference in faction words/keywords between it and say custodian guard.

which is exactly how daemonhunters/witchhunters got released alongside Eisenhorn

GET HYPED

at the end of the day, this game comes down to YOURDUDES. If you want to run mars, run mars.

Nah you're good

If you run the cawl bomb? Very
>t.ryza player

Good play and very likely had good matchups. Imperium+SW list on the stream now too. Newhammer get HOYP!

1 cap on bike huricane bolter dagger
1 cap in termi armor axe dagger
5 termies axes daggers
8 bikes huricane bolters daggers
3 units of 3 guardians (2 spear 1 sword/board)
2000 points

thoughts on this?

granted it wont be winning any tournaments but there are a few things i like about it;

24 models (quick painting project)
Not soup (not going to get called wacfag)
unified aesthetic that appeals to me
someday when emperor gets off the toilet he fits in the army

Just getting into the game. What army should I field? I'm thinking either Ulthwe, Alaitoc or Thousand Suns.

How were the Eisenhorn stories after Hereticus, anyway? Have downloaded the Thorn & Talon audiobook from the mega but yet to listen as I'm scared it'll be shit & ruin my favourite 40k book for me

You have to have the Aegis of the Emperor rule to benefit from it

The land raider does not have Aegis of the Emperor, all the Custodes infantry/bikers do.

Why did some institutions such as the mechanicum and the legio custodes get renamed as the adeptus mechcanicus and adeptus custodes after the Horus Heresy?

They don't have the Aegis of the Emperor ability though.

I do want to run Mars, and half the fun for me is recreating the heraldry in autistic detail is one of the biggest pleasures for me, you don't get that when you make your own dudes, now I could come up with my own but its not the same

Buts its Mars, it has to have Cawl

knights arent that good but i doubt most people have enough anti tank to deal with 2 of those on 1000pts

Drukhari or Dok?
Wat do bros, i like both.

So the guardfags lied (again), there totally are guard in the top 8. See, this is why eldarfags are generally better received than guardfags and taufags: eldar players generally know their army is bullshit and (outside tournaments) are often kind of embarrassed about it; whereas IG and tau players, whenever they get a powerful codex, deny it or try to claim it's "fluffy" or something.

What's your predictions/wishlists for the upcoming Tau, DE and Necron codices?

>Strat to Nova charge without suffering mortal wound
>Heavy point drop for Riptides
>Strat to get higher results on the ML table at lower ML count (+1 at 3 counters)
>Change to rail weapons' statline
>Probably some weird strat where you take 3 nearby units of Stealths and give them alla further -1 to hit

No user, LR has no aegis ability

Thats not what aegis of the emperor says though

So I'm putting together the space marine side of the know no fear set, and holy fuck I fucked up the jumpjet guy I put together fine. The model itself was no issue but for some reason I cannot get the fucking thing to actually connect properly to the 'floating' stand stick thing. The plastic glue just does not seem to work on it. Now from more than one try its all fucked. Good thing I don't plan on using these guys except for playing this one set.

>you don't get that with YOURDUDES
I beg to differ. I'm doing steel legion guard and my HQs are all COBRA characters.

That looks like the copied that russian mini maker who already made a not-eisenhorn

Drukhari, my friend.
>Speed, drugs, murder, and sex all at the same time
DoK
>muh $1 per point, muh Guard, muh HFY, and actually being a guardfag

*YAAAAAAAWWWWNNNN*

>Being this wrong

How is shitting out hordes of guardsmen not fluffy? have you never read ANY guard fluff?

Wait until you see the stats for both.

Drukhari is cheaper to get into (eBay, etc) but I get the feeling that DoK will be more fun to play.and probably more powerful in AoS compared to how powerful Drukhari will be in 40k.

da fuck is DoK?

Deathkorp of Krieg?

they're both based on the same piece of artwork

>is common to all adeptus custodes units
>yet all units beside LR have it noted on their profiles
So GW fucked up again?

because there was no adeptus system pre-heresy

mechanicum was a completely different organization that was legally separate from the Imperium and the loyalist mechanicum eventually became the mechanicus which is part of the same legal structure

same idea with Navigators and Telepathica.

Both Custodes and Astartes were renamed from Legio to Adeptus

BS3+ crisis suits
6 point fire warriors
slight price hike on commanders

Yeah that Abilities sentence is pretty confusing, considering that all non-vehicle units have Aegis of the Emperor listed on their profile and the LR does not

DoK means Daughters of Khaine, user. The gasmask dudes are DKoK.

It's not that it's not fluffy. But that guardfags claim that because it's fluffy it deserves to steamroll everyone else's list.

That quality is garbo desu, senpai.

Stop asking you fucking cunt and pick one

Need better b8 mr. autisticon, aka eldar-apologist duke of knife ear cocksucking and prince of cheese

People are saying that a BA captain with Death Visions of SG is OP.

What's so bad about it? +1 attack and a 6+ fnp?

Fuck. I'm sorry. That's a tough fucking choice. Why not both. I see some insane conversion potential for DE models from DoK.

Stop posting this every day you autistic faggot

>DoK
Daughters of Khaine my boi

Knights are currently shit, so you're good to go.

Reading through the custodes codex there is a mention of guardian spear autoloaders, got me thinking if anyone has any more clarification about how the spears or axes reload as the magazines seem to be in a rather awkward place to facilitate an easy reload

I think he might be right
>The following ability is common to all adeptus custodes units
GW forgot to put it on LR profile or it should be "... to all non-vehicle adeptus custodes units"

Don't know how you're still surprised. Those faggots love being OP and will never admit it, just like Eldar and Tau(were).

new stuffs in AoS, Daughters of Khaine with new snek models

Then you're not just running Mars you're playing Hayao Miyazaki's "Cawl's moving castle"

Wouldn't be the first time

So is the adeptus system like a department of the imperium which didnt exist prior as it wasnt properly formalised?

Eat shit and fuck off with your stupid meme.

We need a drawfag on this, stat.

but i can't decide

Neither of them has the keyword so nether has a 5++ or both have a 5++

this is a bit of a meme, certain knights are straight up crap but there are knight builds that are fine for what they do. Not WAAC optimal but useable.

Do you consider bringing 4 leman russes to 1000 points to be a dick move? Because that's essentially what 2 knights will be.

>that model guide
This guy is alright.

Okay thanks anons I won't be a stupid fuck and ask every thread from now on and will pick Dark Eldar with DoK conversions. Thanks!

>this is why eldarfags are generally better received than guardfags and taufags
u wot

X-fags are all justifiably regarded as lepers. The only thing that's worse are the people (like yourself) who consider themselves somehow better than the rest of the fags.

Precisely

it needs to be FAQed/errated

the general abilities for the faction says every unit with keyword ADEPTUS CUSTARDS gets the ability AEGIS

But the land raider is missing the Aegis ability in its datasheet

>triple faggot meme spewing trolls

Point at them and laugh guardbros

Ugly dread too

The shield captain clearly has Aegis of the Emperor on its abilities.

The land raider does not.

>markerlights fixed; literally just grouping 1/2 & 3/4 would do it, meaning 3+ needed for the +1 to hit effect
>railguns changed to be at least on par with Mechanicus neutron lasers, possibly better seeing as they were fluffed to have real shock & awe effects on Imperium troops
>new auxiliaries, but because new models are unlikely I'll settle for auxiliary strats
>cheaper XV8s to make them worth taking over commander spam
>riptides nerfed even more, or better yet squatted

Alitoc

Not this shittu again.

Glad I'm moving towards AoS, 40k is losing its charm.

Who is bigger banana bois or chad marines?

Bananas have bigger hats but eye to eye they're nearly the same height

>disappointed by a 3rd party model
wow

yes but ageis of the emperor doesnt say that

fake and gay.

I will keep asking

Us guardbros amirite?

Take a captain, give him SS and TH, death visions of sanguinius, make him your warlord and give him the warlord trait that gives a 6+ with rerolls one the 1s. The trait specifically tells that when given to a character, it becomes a 5+ FNP with rerollable 1s. Make his TH the Hammer of Baal.

Your warlord is now un unbelievably strong muder machine. 3++, 5+FNP with rerollable 1s, hits on 2s, rerolling 1s, with his 5 attacks (+1 when he charges, +1D3 using the stratagem). He also wounds T7 targets on 2s when he charges and has a flat D3 damage value.

Also, give him a jump pack so he can fly.

Cheap, mobile, tough and strong HQ that can't be targeted. Well worth including in multiples evidently.

The abilities sentence under Aegis of the Emperor completely throws everything into confusion, I was only stating the difference in what is printed on the profiles themselves.

Then you'll be reported for bait.

A man should be judged by the quality of his hat.

>tfw people are posting my pic
Glad to see the IG hate is spreading, about time we make these autists crawl back to their basements.

difficulty of going through doors is a legitimate point of quality for a hat desu

>going through doors