Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/ LVO finals edition

LAS VEGAS OPEN IS LIVE. Latest Drama, someone getting rulefucked and losing their movement phase. WAAC ESPORTS is the future of 40k.
twitch dot tv slash frontlinegaming_tv

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/26/new-codexes-factions-our-heroes-and-more-breaking-news-from-the-las-vegas-opengw-homepage-post-1/

Daily Duncan:
youtube.com/watch?v=W9T9A8PiJxQ

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_imperiumisacuck,acuck!FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/150/733325.page#9806476
m.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-40k-Death-Guard-Myphitic-Blight-hauler-x-2-Built-Unpainted/162866662221?_mwBanner=1&ul_ref=https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11010.m1951.l7533/7?euid=1eb4d0c32f804a75810cd592b7cbdd7c&bu=44066147995&loc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F162866662221&sojTags=bu=bu&srcrot=e11010.m1951.l7533&rvr_id=0&ul_noapp=true
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hello

Hi

Howdie

Nth for you must stop your opponents from making mistakes like it was done during battles throughout history

Yvraine had her makeup gun set to whore.

Agree to "intent" rules before game
Eldar player took 1 hour for shooting
opponent is rushed and deep strikes
then begins movement phase but opponent calls up rules and judges agree movement phase can't be done.
Chat melts down and everyone mad at WAAC alpha

So what armies do you guys play?

TOP 8 LISTS AT LVO:

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/150/733325.page#9806476

Twitch stream/VODs @ frontlinegaming_tv

Warhammer 40k ESPORTS get HOYP

DE, GK, T'au.

>Boon of Change and Flickering Flames can affect Forge/Maulerfiends

+1 to wound on lotsaguns or a permaboost to attacks, strength or toughness to an already beastly model. I run 2 Maulers so I think I might always stick with Boon and Infernal Gateway with mine..

TS bros, what spells will you be running with your psykers?

Starting Ad mech

Top 8 List to copy for your local scene.

Blood Angels, Khorne Daemons, Custode and T'au

IG, SoB and just started Nids.

My bad, not permaboost but still good.

DE, nids, CSM, plus a small admech force that I really need to finish painting.

Why did you settle on Admech?

#BASED

Saim Hann, CSM, bought some catachans now so I guess IG too now.

SoB, Deldar, Night Lords.

That was quick.

statring my T'au, never played before, waiting for the codex to play them

Official word from frontline gaming-PrimeFrontlineGaming_TV: Mariana, Media Lead here, these issues that we have been having on stream this year are being looked at we are making changes. A dedicated Judge for the stream and also we are considering mandatory chess clocks

>mandatory chess clocks
exactly how slowly are these fucks playing?

I mean if you DS your units in. That means you have decided to move to the end of your movement phase.

Death Guard, Blood Angels, Necrons and Orks.

Codexes soon xenobros.

Like the models, thought they'd be fun to paint, I wanted to play an Imperium faction, they have a 8th edition codex out, didn't want a horde army, didn't fancy space marines, start collecting box is good value, mars color scheme doesn't look so tricky, good amount of unit variety

I main T'au and Thousand Sons but have CSM and a handful of Necrons.

Did anyone Mathammer the best special weapon choice for Blightlord Terminators?

2000pts of SM Mum threw in bin when I left home 15 year ago (including armour!!!!!???). Have got 1000pts of homebrew chapter NuChads and 1000pts of DE now.

>ork player brings green tide list to tournament
>not too optimistic, but hopeful he might win a game, maybe even two with a bit of luck
>gets timed out of every game due to how long it takes to move his models

>tournament is shit
>quick damage control!
lmao classic 40k

Legio cybernetica w. knight support
Emperor's Children in pre-heresy colours
Inquisition (kill me)
undecided AM regiment a trade i made long ago

I'm not going to say in excited, but I'm curious to see if the can make my wych cult not shit.

IG, CSM

Movement trays?

why are tau players actually adding the ' to their name when they say it. Meming?

Waiting for my custodes bois to arrive but I still have a Tau SC box. If the Tau codex will not hit soon I will sell my space blueberries and stick with bananas for good

>chess clocks

how would that work?

to be honest, with the green tide, you don't have to micro manage evry unit, you pick handful of minis and. you move them in the general position of your enemies and voila it's done

They couldn't be much worse. Points drop would be nice at the very least

I don't know. I just feel like i should. I dont see the reason not to add it.

Dusties, I love them to pieces

Tournaments are not for people to have fun user.

Necrons, Tau & IG. Been out of the hobby for a long time though & planning on getting back into it with a Mechanicus army. May wait for the dexes to drop for my old forces first in case it warrants a repaint

They want to please the corporate suits and bean counters that demanded the change due to legal aspects.

That's why I decided to start a Custodes army. Playing with or against hordes is boring as fuck

Horde players are expected to move fast, that's normal.
They are thinking about clocks because there was a guy in the first game on friday that literally slowplayed and took like an hour to go through one turn while rushing and harassing the opponent on his.

Necrons, and working on Tau atm. Currently assembling up some pathfinders and plotting my next base buy, since I'm using Micro art studio bases for em

Could try it with my a'eldari

Playing is for pleasure. People enjoy different things user

That's cool, I'm quite partial to my motley crew of xenos myself. Why'd you pick Tau?

That's fair enough. They never really got my attention but I remember when they released. A lot of people were going nuts for them. If I had to pick the dunecrawler's my favourite of the range.

If you're going to add the ' you may as well put ™ on the end of it and play by all the rule.

T'au is their actual name now.
GW changed it for copyright purposes.

whfb fan here, 40k just doesn't work AT ALL for live streaming. Same with AoS, it's not dynamic or hype in the slightest

What do you think is the best max for the amount of models you take.

Same here lad, its a great looking model and has got some cool guns, going to buy SC three times just to field them as a heavy support detachment

How could you make them not shit? They’ve already got all the tools they should have.
>moves fast
>good save in combat
>rules to stop people just falling back
>tons is s3 attacks
>stat upgrade of your choice
>hits on 2s turn 3 onward
Outside of making them toughness 5 or giving them power armour or something even more silly, what can you give them?

First step would be slightly adjusting their cost and making wytch weapons good, implailer in perticular is shit.

>40k just doesn't work AT ALL for live streaming
It can, but you need two entertaining players at the table.

tournament 40k is relentlessly boring, though

wow people are mad on the FLG stream

I dont play 40k

They had agreed on playing by intent beforehand though. Also the eldar guy slugged through his turns losing as much time as possible. It was a total dick move.

i am to be fair you don't need a reason to use the ' either you're a hardcore T'au fan who read the Fire Code every morning or you're laid back like me
i liked their look in DoW and i like their sleek design, i was shared between necrons and T'au and i decided to choose T'au because i wanted to actually paint my minis and not just spraying. Boltgun metal over them and calling it a day

Thanks for your garbage opinion, dear fan of a dead game. Now back into your containment thread.

Each player gets X amount of time to play in a game. Depending on the event if you run out of time you either auto-lose, or just can't do anything else all game.

With how 40k does saves and stuff like denying psyker powers, chess clocks are hard to implement.

Five is pretty much ideal. Sadly, 8th only alows me to bring four during most battles.

Alaitoc Ynarri will win LVO

Do they have shout casters talking over the stream or is it literally just a shot of the table?

ok

>nth for Cawl's moving castle

>Tzaangor Shaman with Prescience buffs Enlightened with bows.
>2+ to hit
>4+s auto-wound

Sexy.

I know pathfinders aren't great at the moment but I really love their fluff and how they get access to all the experimental weapons. Really helps that I remember when they could only take rail rifles and they used to have 'Gets Hot!'. When they got updated they lost that rule to show the tech improving and eventually they got ion rifles and experimental drones too. Also some of the coolest models in the tau range.

No clue. I know better than to tune in.

He's not wrong, you know
Have fun watching some loser move his 500 guardsmen around for an hour while minimal casting goes on and you cant hear anything that actually goes on at the table

DE, GSC, Nids, and now Tzeentch stuff

Depends on the stream. Frontlinegaming one is actually player talking and casters sometimes go over news and updates. WHTV is retards going on and on about some inane bullshit. No good shoutcasters yet.

>shout caster

Stop that

>being a Tony
I hope you guys don't play like this.

Sound like pretty cool forces mate. Wanted to do Inquisition for the longest time (used to borrow a mate's copy of Codex Daemonhunters whenever he brought it to our LGS) but never been good enough at the hobby to start modelling all their shit

explain

He can't take Prescience, he and the Asp/Sekmet Sorcs can only take spells from the Change Discipline

Twitch PrimeRedmann120185: I emailed games workshop asking if this was the spirit of "most important rule" seeing as how they are supporting this event. I encourage everyone else to do the same
Twitch Primeghettosaur: Just jumped in - is Tony the British ir American guy?
Twitch Primejksearles: American
Twitch PrimeMalfahri: Let Tony know the internet hates him.
tenma13: ya email GW
naken77: Haha
Twitch PrimeDuncan2474: he doesnt care
tomadriany: oh he will feel it for sure ;)
Twitch Primeghettosaur: Cheers

Twitch Primeashmizen: great sportsmenship from Alex - true. Completely lack of human decency from Tony - not mentioned
Ix_Tab: thing is, to me, alex was just normal, nothing special about his behaviour

>Twitch PrimeRedmann120185: I emailed games workshop asking if this was the spirit of "most important rule" seeing as how they are supporting this event. I encourage everyone else to do the same

Might be bait but I really think this general is great even if you just like the lore.

Up to 15 for 1000pts and up to 30 for 2000pts

Very slow... on purpose.

Alex conceded already

protip guys:

WAAC fag your way to victory at the LVO-- nevermind "spirt of the game" bullshit, just let your opponent mess up and levy a minor rule order mishap against him to deny him his ENTIRE mivement phase amiritrle guys??

And yet you probably comment on lists and rules. Curious. Very curious!

I am in fact enjoying best of the best show how to properly move and tactically position models. I've learned a lot watch this tournament while you are just shitposting about things you don't understand.

Shit, what did I miss on LVO?

m.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-40k-Death-Guard-Myphitic-Blight-hauler-x-2-Built-Unpainted/162866662221?_mwBanner=1&ul_ref=https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11010.m1951.l7533/7?euid=1eb4d0c32f804a75810cd592b7cbdd7c&bu=44066147995&loc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F162866662221&sojTags=bu=bu&srcrot=e11010.m1951.l7533&rvr_id=0&ul_noapp=true

>2 used models bidding higher than 3 new models

Fucking idiots.

WHTV have improved impressively, Ceri is a very good commentator and then there is that other guy who actually knows how to play and provides interesting insight. Phil Kelly is always good to listen to.

I was watching the frontlinegaming and it was decent but boring too, with obviously lower production quality compared to WHTV stuff (because they are investing heavily on this shit)

Possible to circumvent that by using the Familiar stratagem, maybe. If Tzaangors are still eligible for it, TS can cast it at 24" meaning the shaman doesn't necessary have to have it on himself.

pathfinders are good mini but i swear the sculpts of the arms that hold the railgun are fucking lazy
like they have no elbow fold, it's just melted

Tony out skilled his opponent and the little crybabies dont even get it. Tourney players are just so much better than casuals.