Weekend Warcraft Lore General

Gone Fishing Edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

Previous thread

So for the rebuilding idea (putting the CRAFT in WarCRAFT), what would be PvP zones?

What would the expac even be called?

Every single one of those Azerite chunks can only be defused by turning them into waifus.

>PvP Zones
>In my CRAFTING expansion!
No thanks, anyone who wants PvP can go back to Classic and jerk each other off in Southshore/Tarren Mill. This is the worldbuilder's expansion.

Kezan for sure, goblins are the only ones who can craft worth a shit in the Horde.

Not true, Zandalari and Nightborne are good builders too.

PvP is obviously just a contest of who can craft faster and/or better

BROOOOWNGK

Tauren have to have SOME knowledge of engineering (the real-life kind) in order to build those insane elevators.

>New PvP Gear: Elite Peon and Elite Peasant Outfits

Remember, we're not getting BfA, thus no allied races.

Nightborne and Zandalari are living in palaces built over 10k years ago. Goblins terraformed Azshara and reconstructed Orgrimmar just a couple of years ago.

I want to cum inside Liadrin so bad bros

Is that why they live in tents and hollowed out logs?

You're drunk Lor'themar, go to bed.

>See something huge, black and metal stomping far off in the distance
>Hear it roar when you get close enough, and it sounds like it echoes off the mountains of Hellfire Peninsula
>Get even closer, and it makes the camera shake when it roars
Man, the Fel Reaver roaming Hellfire Peninsula really helps set the tone for what you're dealing with, as if stepping through the Dark Portal into a facefull of demons assaulting the Stairs of Destiny with an amassed army while Alliance and Horde soldiers throw themselves at the legions didn't do that already. The Fel Reaver was this dominant, unstoppable war machine that you had to avoid lest you get crushed flat, and it's a major show of how the Burning Legion is not fucking around.

I will be your raid boss for this evening's patch.

It also helps that it's fucking twenty stories tall.

Liadrin wants you to cum in her real bad Lorthemar. Go for it

No, I don't recall that being the agreement? This expansion wasn't to be in place of BfA. It was going to happen after BfA because we've gone done and broken everything that was still standing.

Yes? Living simply and in tune with nature is the tauren shtick, but they're not DUMB. And brick houses is hardly practical when you're semi-nomadic.

Are we going to show Sylvanas who's boss of this gym?

Living simply is one thing, living in huts is another thing. Night Elves live simply. Tauren live like savages.
>they're not DUMB
Seeing how they're based on injuns... nah...

Don't fuck with him Rommath, can't you see how drunk he is?

Halduron please go, you boring moralfag.

Thunder Totem isn't something dumb people can build.

You're ignoring the almost unmatched military-industrial complex of the orcs.
You're also ignoring the adaptability of both the trolls and the tauren, who are able to make themselves at home in most environments. They're both also masters of fantastic ropework and primitive engineering.
Additionally, you're ignoring how unnecessary certain infrastructures are for the Forsaken. They don't give a shit about food or hygiene, which eliminates a huge weight that burdens other societies.
Then there's the Nightborne and Blood Elves, who have the most sophisticated arcane-based cities known to modern Azeroth.
The Zandalari are also likely some of the greatest masons known to Azeroth outside of the dwarves. All you need is to take a single look at screenshots of Zandalar to see that.

Without a doubt though, Alliance has superior metallurgy.

Fucking loved that thing.

TBC best expac, it was all downhil from there.

Y'all cunts need to join the Alliance.

Sorry Lor'themar it will never happen. Micky Neilson was pretty much the only person at Blizz who gave a shit about that ship and he's gone now.

The only thing Afrasiabi cares about is faction conflict.

>unmatched military-industrial complex of the orcs.

Guess you can say they asspulled so much shit just to enable the RvB its an industry now.

Well, if he does go for it, then we'll have to look for a new Lord Regent next morning, and we both know that will be me. And I very much enjoy being useless and doing nothing.

>join the faction that dissolves your racial identity and requires submission to humans.

Nope.

>What? The race that was altered through the consumption of demon blood to be a military force capable of dominating Azeroth is good at military infrastructure? That's total bullshit!

Please don't mistake author fiat and rule of cool wrting for a military industrial complex.

Cataclysm saw the Horde turn into a superpower overnight because that was the only way for them to compete with the alliance.

>the almost unmatched military-industrial complex of the orcs
You mean of the goblins? Without them, the most complex and industrial thing the orcs could produce was a catapult.
>They're both also masters of fantastic ropework and primitive engineering.
Translation: they're savages.
>They don't give a shit about food or hygiene, which eliminates a huge weight that burdens other societies.
That still doesn't make them good at crafting. Decades later, they still live in ruins.
>the most sophisticated arcane-based cities known to modern Azeroth
You mean Silvermoon, which has stood half-ruined for decades? Real master crafters here.
>screenshots of Zandalar
Zandalari palaces were built 10k years ago. Almost certainly by goblins, who were at this point subjects of the trolls. Modern trolls live in bamboo huts.
>Without a doubt though, Alliance has superior metallurgy.
Questionable, Iron Horde was called that for a reason.

I suppose you could blame the massive fleets on the Goblins, considering how quickly they transformed Azshara.

The population stuff is quite another matter.

>Cataclysm saw the Horde turn into a superpower overnight
It's also when goblins joined the Horde and finally gave it something resembling functioning industry, coincidence?

>almost certainly by goblins
You're really reaching here.

And no, the goblins were not slaves to the trolls 10k years ago. They didn't find them until after the sundering.

Pretty much. I could see the Horde being up to its eyeballs in debt to Goblin cartels for a fleet to blockade an entire continent. But then the question of manpower comes up.

>>They're both also masters of fantastic ropework and primitive engineering.
>Translation: they're savages.
Tauren have some pretty powerful elevators running on Wind.

>You mean Silvermoon, which has stood half-ruined for decades? Real master crafters here.
If their population is low enough they don't really NEED the other side.

Are we also ignoring that Stormwind was able to transform from a backwards, struggling kingdom rife with corruption into a military powerhouse capable of sustaining multiple fleets and legions?

Canonically, Stormwind City's navy was so weak only a handful of years before Cataclysm that the Defias juggernaut was going to effectively hold the city to ransom. Let that sink in, a single heavily-armed ship would have fucking wrecked the last human kingdom. And you're saying that the Horde's military industrial complex was pushed for the sake of RVB?

The funny thing about this is that by all accounts the DWARVES should be the powerhouse of the Alliance, they were the only race that survived WC3 mostly intact.

Explain Warsong Hold. This is before goblins joined the Horde and the only goblin presence in Warsong Hold is the zeppelin masters and an engineering trainer.

Maybe you should just accept that the orcs are pretty good at what this whole building thing.

Hellfire Citadel was also built back before the Orcs had even MET the goblins.

Orcs can build, they just don't usually feel the need to.

A fair point though I figured most of the fleet was stationed up near Menethil until cata.

PRetty good at building yeah, but I think the Steamwheedle offered some help in that construction.

>Handsome mage prince forging peace with the young Orc chieftain before the Prince's mom comes in to burn all the Orc girl's trees down

>After landing in the Borean Tundra, the Warsong Offensive required a base of operations, a location to house its troops and leaders, as well as a place for formulating strageties to further the Offensive's hold in Northrend. An army of peons were sent from Orgrimmar to build this large keep. They began digging into the cold stone surface of the tundra and carved out massive blocks of stone. With the aid of cranes, they began positioning the blocks atop the hill they dug around. After a short time, the fortress itself was completed. Once the Hold was completed, the peons began work on an outer line of defenses; a series of towers and gates around the outer edge of the Mightstone Quarry. Along the road from Garrosh's Landing to Warsong Hold, a village including Torp's Farm sprang up to house the peons working on the fortress.

It's taken from Wowpedia but unless you can cite something more official than that which claims that the Steamwheedle Cartel assisted in its creation, I'm going to have to disbelieve you.

Nope. Author fiat as well. is right, by all accounts, thedwarves should be the powerhouse of the alliance.

However, WoW is only about Orcs vs. Humans in their minds, so everyone else is irrelevant.

What makes you think goblins weren't involved? Gazlowe was contracted to build the original Orgrimmar back when goblins were still neutral.

See . Also, if the Steamwheedle Cartel was involved, they would have had more of a presence there. Additionally, there are other Horde settlements with very similar architecture, which would indicate that the goblins are responsible for those as well.

So where did orcs get the money from, in order to involve goblins in the construction of Warsong Hold, Agmar's Hammer, Conquest Hold, before they were part of the Horde? Why is the goblin presence in those locations minimal, despite the fact that they would clearly be required to maintain architecture that orcs are too stupid to properly care for? Are you going to claim that the Horde having access to a ridiculous amount of cash to pay off the Steamwheedle Cartel with is less ridiculous than orcs being competent craftsmen?

Trolls are EXTREMELY good at finance

What about Forsaken architecture? When did they start designing their buildings like gothic mad scientists?

I like it!

>if the Steamwheedle Cartel was involved, they would have had more of a presence there
Do the people who built your house still live there?
>where did orcs get the money from, in order to involve goblins in the construction
Where did they get the money to hire them to build Orgrimmar?
>they would clearly be required to maintain architecture that orcs are too stupid to properly care for
Do you have a live-in engineer to constantly check your plumbing and wiring?
>Are you going to claim that the Horde having access to a ridiculous amount of cash to pay off the Steamwheedle Cartel with is less ridiculous than orcs being competent craftsmen
It's much less ridiculous, because orcs were clearly shown in WC 3 to only be capable of building tents and simple log houses.

Why did the nightborne left the Temple of Elune outside when cataclysm happened?

When Blizzard decided Tim Burton was better than anything even remotely practical.

I mean the steamwheedle ran the Zepplins and Gazlowe was the chief architect of Orgrimmar to start with as well as being in charge of the rebuilding in cataclysm that made it all look like Warsong Hold so I kinda inferred it from that.

One day a forsaken set designer for plays named Timotheos showed up and ended up with almost as many followers as Sylvanus so she put him in charge of architecture to keep him busy.

Forsaken are humans and elves, everything that applies to humans and elves, applies to them as well. As to why they chose this style, they probably didn't want to continue with old style Lordaeron architecture because it invoked unpleasant memories.

I like to think Forsaken architecture is partly a deliberate decision on their part to distance themselves from the legacy of Lordaeron and partly from Lordaeronian and Thalassian (and Gilnean to a certain extent) aesthetics converging.

When Sylvanas decided that they should establish a culture for themselves that wasn't just "humans but dead." They weren't just going to live in the husks of the previous civilization for the rest of their existence. Undercity already had a bit of a gothic look about it, they just spread that to their surface settlements.

That's some wooden hut.

They obviously didn't have enough mana for a dome that big. Mana expenditure grows exponentially as the dome expands.

Looks suspiciously like Gorian architecture. Clearly built by ogres.

How come no one noticed the dome until some months ago?

That's some wooden hut.

Maybe it created an illusion.

Goblins, user. It was all goblins. You can tell by the fact that the lore in no way implies it was goblins.

To be fair the interior of that model is barely better than a wooden hut. It's one narrow circular hallway split in the middle by one other hallway leading to one room in the middle.

It's a massive waste of a cool model, you can't access the upper floor and, you can't enter the side towers. Human Garrison is better in accessibility.

Do you think they'll add more troll variations to the Horde? I've liked Drakkari since the RPG books.

Yes? That's a wooden hut with a stone ground floor, pretty common construction plan.

Why is her dress all torn up to look that skimpy?

Wow, they must have spent a fortune on stone-imitation paint for their wooden walls. Goblin manufactured, of course - orcs aren't smart enough to make that.

Maybe you should accept that orcs are actually capable builders and not just big dumb savages?

Hellfire probably looked a lot cooler back in it's prime. This big fortress sitting on a dried lake bed with a wall that rivals whatever the humans can make.

Wait a second...

>Pre-Horde, Orcs mostly peaceful
>First and Second Wars, Orcs have tech
>Post War, Thrall's Horde is low tech and peaceful
>Orcs get more tech in Cata-same time Garrosh is in charge and is bad
>Darkspear in charge, Horde is peaceful again
>The Iron Horde has tech, Iron Horde is bad

It was never demon blood, it was technology.

Orcs need to stay primitive for the good of the world.

If technology is the root of all evil, does that make gnomes the final bosses?

Sounds like night elf talk to me.

Would have been funny
>But I'm in charge here
>Go home, Varian, or Lo'gosh or whatever. We have to deal with real problems in the moment, not your hateboner against orcs

And isn't the kingdom poor? Westfall doesn't even have any functioning farms, it's all filled with homeless people who fought the Lich King.

The Horde really should have been wiped out in less than a year after the Third War. A bunch of backwater savages with no tech, all pushed to the edge of extinction. Really, they should have been exterminated. Daelin Proudmoore should have been allowed to literally make them extinct. Like, they should all been put to the fucking sword if you know what I mean. Fucking backwards savages have no right to exist in WoW. This RVB shit is the fucking worst. The Horde should have been burned down to the fucking ground a million times. They should have been destroyed without any hesitation, fucking greenskins. There is no logic behind their continued existence. In any realistic world, they should have been wiped out. Someone like Garithos should have come around and driven them to extinction. That's all such a primitive, backwards group of species with such poor numbers deserves. I know I'm not the only one who thinks this. Fucking savages. I don't play this game to worship a bunch of disgusting looking primitives. They should have been wiped out before BC. I'd literally love this game far more if it was Alliance-only. There's literally no reason for the fucking Horde to continue existing or to have ever existed. There are few things worse than the way that Blizzard has depicted them as flawless, wonderful good guys that can do no wrong. Orcs, tauren, trolls, they're all so primitive and simple that they have no right to exist in an Azeroth with humans and dwarves. Literally this game would be a hundred times better if it was nothing but a Horde genocide simulator. I'd love to roleplay a paladin putting the disgusting savages to the sword and burning them all with holy light. Nothing's worse than the way the Horde is depicted as being equal to the enlightened civilization of the Alliance. It's even in the names, the Horde is nothing but a mindless mob of primitive monsters while the Alliance is unified and intelligent.

Orgrimmar was built by the Steamwheedle Cartel, wasn't it? And it's filled with buildings made in that style.

Calm down, Garithos.

People are frequently asked to build structures according to specifications. Goblin settlements look vastly different to orc settlements.

Sweet pasta

I hope there's a massive continent of elves and humans on the other side of the world.

I know, I wasn't claiming that they were goblin-styled buildings, I was just saying that there is lore indicating that goblins have built in that style for the orcs. I wasn't involved in the argument, I just think it's silly to imply that all of the building was done by the orcs when they didn't even make their capital.

Dwarves kind of were the main arm of the Alliance in Vanilla. Ironforge was the most popular city, the gnomes shared the dwarf starting area, one of the main antagonists of the entire expansion was a dwarf clan, the biggest battleground was dwarves versus orcs, etc.

If the Alliance is unified and intelligent, why are you allowed in it?

But mostly of elves. Mostly female elves.

It's saddening that the degenerated primitives of the Alliance always feel the need to take their inferiority complex towards the true bearers of civilization out on others.

I hope there's a continent entirely of female elves, with nice feet

Goblins helped excavate and build Orgrimmar, but they aren't responsible for all of it. Peons are still a thing, after all.

But what color would they be? We're burning through the palette. I vote brown.

Take notes Hazzikostas, this man knows what's up.

Orange. Call them Donal'dorei.

What if you incorporated this into the crafting expansion? You're not just making houses, you're building sweet rides to impress the elves!

You know, my son, with great power comes great responsibility. Long ago, a wise man called it "The Human's Burden." Myself, I just call it as I see it: the responsibility of the master to discipline the servant.

Varian looks directly at Anduin.

The Horde, the Burning Legion, the Goblin Cartels...It's our responsibility to civilize them. And if we can't? Then they shall dangle from the Gates of Stormwind. The Day of the Rope is near, my son. We'll have every Orc in this world dead or in chains in 10 years, and may a Troll stab me in the heart this very night if I'm wrong. The Light bless the Alliance.

This man was found stabbed in the heart after an hour's.

And nothing of value was lost.