Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Competitive 40k Continues To Be A Complete Shit Show Edition

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/26/new-codexes-factions-our-heroes-and-more-breaking-news-from-the-las-vegas-opengw-homepage-post-1/

Daily Duncan:
[YouTube] Cryptek Preview (embed)

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_imperiumisacuck,acuck!FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5wHB-CN0eIk
twitter.com/MarcMerrill/status/957743092660027392
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

TONY BTFO
NICK THE HERO

He's mad as fuck right now.

I got home just in time for it. Enjoyed a nice stromboli and came home to this show.

Forgive me I’m newish
What’s the story behind this image? Seen it a few times now

>An Eldar playing WAACfag with unpainted models lost
>To an Eldar playing WAACfag with unpainted models

drama alert: Nick is trying to cuck tony out

Some high level rule fucking see how it comes out. It will be interested to see if the assfucking works and Nick can pull out the skill win.

Tony didn't declare stratagem at the correct time. That's his problem.

Woah what? Did they recall a ruling or something on Tony's bullshit?

Null-deploy player with WAAC list needs to come on from his table edge.

Other player is fielding enough infiltrators to block the entire table edge and instantly win.

Which one is the good(er) guy? Who do I root for

WAACfag white scar player tries to cheese a Tau player by holding everything in reserve because he thinks Tau player is going to gunline. Tau player fucks him in the ass with kroot preventing him from deploying anything at all.

Bikecheeser cant deploy from krootguy's flanks because he covered his side of the table completely
Fun ensues as Bikeman is tabled turn 0 because he cant deploy

>tony wants to charge but he advanced them
>theirs a strategem you have to spend to let them charge after advancing
>tony told nick he was doing it, nick measured it for him and knew what he was doing
>nick is saying no because tony didnt "spend the CP" even though he knew thats what tony was doing

jebus what faggots

i dont know the name of that brown skinned rules lawyer faggot, but i certainly wouldn't have let him barrow my pen after acting like a child

HAHHAHAHHAHAHHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAA

40k competitive is fucking godlike entertainment

Dubs name my DKoK Baneblade.

Smiling guy plays kroot tau auxiliaries army. Guy next to judge has white scars, held whole army off table to ride on together without being shot at T1.

Kroot infiltrated along the entire board edge within coherency, bikes have no where to deploy that is outside of range of kronor since they need to actually move through them to be on the table.

Game won to kroot, before T1.

Tournaments are growing.
Participation is rising.
40k Esports are the future.

Safe space casuals eternally BTFO.

Someone explain all the drama from start to now

DKoK Baneblade

how is it esports when its not electronic, you retarded mouthbreather

>kronor
Fucking autocorrect

Wherbshitter

Tony rulefucks opponents
Nick rulefucks Tony in final tables for championship

>fag1 in game1 wouldn't let some fag charge because he was a rules lawyer faggot
>fag1 wins game 1
>fag 1 gets bootyblasted that some new fag rules lawyered him in the next game

Respond to those quads NOW

Halsficker

Bomber Harris.

Such a fucking glorious image. Makes me proud to be an auxiliary-heavy Tau player.

>being a fossil that doesn't know about 40k tournaments being streamed and therefore being electronic sport

I used to love having a Saturday afternoon game of football/soccer with my mates, just kicking a ball about and having fun.

Shame about that World Cul thingy coming along.....

I miss those days

Niggerfaggot

space hitler did nothing wrong

Get cucked, Tony.

>nick wins game because of rules lawyer bullshit after admitting he knew the intent

well they are still playing, but its over.

Aren't there referees or something at this level of competition ?

Winrar

and a good one at that

You missed the full story.

The other guy completely fucked over his opponent previous turn by slowplaying, having the other rush his turn, and rule lawyering him that he "cant move anything after deepstriking", effectively stealing a whole movement phase.

This is just delicious karma.

Fucking Lel
I wish I could have been around to see the thread when it happened

Where are you guys watching the LVO? I assume twitch but which channel?

>He thinks anyone actually understands the rules without bias

So any sport that gets streamed is an esport?

Go to bed grandpa. No one plays outside, much less archaic games like soccer.

>White Scars guy is playing Tau guy in tournament
>WS guy of course knows Tau have really good shooting, and intends to gimp this by putting his entire army in reserve--the Tau player will have zero targets to shoot their first turn, and then the White Scars will drive on their table edge and kill them all
>however, this Tau guy brought a unit of kroot, which have the infiltrate special rule, meaning they can deploy absolutely anywhere 18"+ from the enemy
>oh, there are no enemy
>also a Kroot unit could contain 24 kroot, 12 koot hounds, and 3 krootox
>Tau guy forms a wall of Kroot along the entire WS table edge
>it is illegal to move within 2" of an enemy during your move, so it is illegal for the White Scars to enter the table
>under 3rd ed rules anything that fails to enter the table by game's end is considered dead
>gg no re

>3 minutes to decide if he wants to use a CP or wargear

im getting anxiety watching these spergs play

Infiltrators can deploy in the enemy deployment zone?

>rule lawyering him that he "cant move anything after deepstriking"
But you can't move after deepstriking, user.

Two ways

1.Rules outlining every little fucking thing like MTG with volunteer autist judges
2. Fly by the seat of your pants and just try and make it work

Neither are perfect but 40k is 2. Judge basically just fucked tony over and said before that if he was watching the earlier game he wouldn't have let tony do the end of movement phase ruling

40k is still casual as hell even at a tournament level.

frontlinegaming_tv @ twitch.tv
All the videos are up so you can watch the whole thing.

Is it viable to run daemons as a greater daemon army rather than horde one? I like the idea of just having a few really strong fucks running about punching things.

>This newfag
youtube.com/watch?v=5wHB-CN0eIk

>liking tournament type games more than casual, fun games

this was in 3rd ed, and it was funny as fuck.
My faavorite strat for killing stuff in transports with my old kult of speed army was surrounding exits with cheap buggies/trukks and blowing them up with zzap buggies

Thank you.

>casual
>fun
Pick one.

The general principle there still works. Models must disembark before the vehicle is removed, in 8th

They agreed beforehand to play on intent, not technicalities. So tony is a dick for jumping on a ruling when it suited him. The deepstrike didn't matter as part of timing. Not like eldar has an intercept stratagem like marines anyways.

No. Deep striking units happens at the end of the movement phase. That's what it centered around.

Go watch the game. He acted like a faggot even though he probably would have won the match regardless.

Am not.

Elegan/tg/gentlemen. My boyfriend said you were the real experts on 40k. I'm doing repentia cosplay. What's a good source for things to write on purity seals?

The moment any kind of Esports starts going around 40k the sponsors will immediately go ‘Jesus Christ fucking card games are better than this shit’ and move to something else

dont forget co-founder of Riot Games (League of Legends) gave Alex $5000 too after watching it

Are you upset?

> Real experts
You’re boyfriends full of shit

Entering the game with 8th and missing funny shit like that makes me wish I hadn't wasted so much time circling the game before diving in. Thanks for the spoonfeed.

this cant be real

See this >play a game of 40k on stream
>lose
>get 5k burgerbux

EZ GAME EZ LIFE

twitter.com/MarcMerrill/status/957743092660027392

"Reroll Power Fist damage against My Ass."

>What's a good source for things to write on purity seals?
latin manuscripts

you could probably copy the text 1:1

I guess the moral of the story is dont be an autistic ass when playing games of 40K?

solid advice for anyone really.

there's been a lot of fun/funny stuff through the years. most of it was just time consuming though so it didn't scale up into big games as well as the new rules. nothing stopping you from going back and playing some 1k games with old rules though :^)

>whirlwind mind fielding enemy falcons/wave serpents sso they could never shoot or meaningfully disembark troops
>using vibro cannons to lockdown vehicles in a straight 36" line
>kult of speed burna spam
>vehicle ricochet table where a single grot blaster could potentially destroy a land raider
>necrons being a thematically evil army instead of space egyptians
> sisters of battle full line being sold in stores

Repent
Katherine
Immolate
Retribution
Absolution
Burn
Faith
Contempt
Thor

That sort of theme.

check Esh-Esh, if she's still in business

Pretty much. Imperial players confirmed for well adjusted adults who garner respect from complete strangers.

Honestly you could take a verse from the bible, change any mentions of god to emperor and Jesus to Sanguinius, then put through google translate into Latin and you’re good to go

Learn to take a compliment, faggot.

Nah, just team up beforehand so one of you acts like an asshole so the other gets sympathy bucks and then split it.

>archon leans backward very far
h-help

Will GW ever release the Ynnaed boxset as solo characters? Just want my hands on Yvraine...

Forgot my fucking image

Have you seen the stuff here?
Nothing but shitposting and idiocy all day

Put a dick on him and have a slave suck him off.
Duh.

>be rules lawyer faggot
>still pull this shit

Continuing the Naming Baneblades theme
I got a Stormhammer for my Cadians
Dubs Names it.

Hit up ebay, you'll get her for cheaper than if GW sold them separately. I picked up Celestine and friends for $25, costs $55 now.

Hammer Storm

Yalbadaoth

Yes, you're doing both right now.

> You’ve been hit by
> You've been struck by
> A Smooth Kabal Boss

TEH BEEEEEINNNBLEEEEHHDDDEEEE!

OGRE

but really, how do I make him stand properly

Some storm themed name

Sword of Justice

Aunt Bessie.