Post your beverage of choice for game night

Post your beverage of choice for game night.

Last session, one of my players shamed me for pouring Very Old Barton into a drained fast food cup. GM needs his medicine to keep things runnin.

why are you buying fucking water, are you retarded

Some delish IPA to go with our epic 5e game.

cos dat shit is lekker fizzy. it has all the refreshing texture sensation of a carbonated soft drink without being FUCKING DISGUSTING.

it's fizzy water. and this isn't 1989 so no one actually has a SodaStreamâ„¢ anymore.

Be gone plebs.

Judging by how you write it's also very rich in lead and mercury.

>Everyone I play with is a humongous fat fuck
>drink RC cola and Hawaiin punch by the gallon
>crack open a beer
>they scold me for how unhealthy it is

True comfy.

Shit, forgot pic.

>without being FUCKING DISGUSTING
That's where you're wrong kiddo

i agree, to anyone who routinely consumes processed sugar, and who is used to fizzy beverages being either beer or sugary as fuck, carbonated water tastes bitter.

i didn't like it either until i had stopped consuming processed sugar. then suddenly fizzy water was nice. almost like magic :)

i drink a lot of orange and grape soda on game night

We usually played either drunk or stoned, so either whatever alcohol I feel like that night or a shitton of water and orange juice.

Someone needs to be sober, right?

I personally like cucumber water

Our gaming sessions are typically cathartic and anarchic.

This - though brought from home, because city water is foul - along with whatever drink I get with dinner at the nearby Skubway.
Comes with the nearest good FLGS being 45 minutes away from where I live.

The only person with taste in this thread. Cheers, mate.

>hating on doom bar
>liking IPAs

You disgust and confuse me in ways I didn't know was possible, and I'm not even the guy who posted doom bar.

Ahaha

mint julep master race

1. muddle fresh mint by clapping it between your hands and then rubbing it along the inside of the glass
2. fill the glass with coarse crushed ice or ice cubes
3. pour in a dash of simple syrup or a generous sprinkle of powdered sugar
4. top with good bourbon and add the mint from earlier

>1. muddle fresh mint by clapping it between your hands and then rubbing it along the inside of the glass
Man I thought you were setting me up

But then I realize you advise masking the flavor of good bourbon with mint, ice, and sugar and I realized that you are, in fact, setting me up.

I've a horrible habit of sweating like a pig on game night more than anywhere else (doesn't help the room is badly air conditioned), so as much as I'd love to bring smokebeers or harvest mules, I just drink water and a Dr. Pepper (very slowly).

This is vodka. We like to ramp up LotFP to 11 and knock back for every time someone dies.

I must hydrate

> Schenkerla

Patrician taste detected.

Below is my choice if available. Sadly, my 5-year work gig in Germany ended, so it no longer is.

usually I drink Black Label. But on some good nights, I drink Oban.

No, don't you see, it's an american drink, the clapping is important (as is the corn syrup/sugar)

After a while you just stop caring.

That's just kinda sad user.

>But then I realize you advise masking the flavor of good bourbon with mint, ice, and sugar and I realized that you are, in fact, setting me up.

bourbon is already an attempt to mask the flavor of good corn ethanol, you tasteless plebeian

your life will be more fun once you learn to abandon alcohol elitism
which is pretty ironic since the mint julep is already a Southern status symbol to begin with

I know.

>No, don't you see, it's an american drink, the clapping is important (as is the corn syrup/sugar)

>clapping
crushing mint releases chlorophyll, which is bitter and unpleasant. you need to treat it gently to express the proper flavors, and clapping+rubbing works fine ~and~ looks fancy.

>corn syrup
simple syrup is made with cane sugar, not corn.

holy fuck this thread, what a bunch of kids

Can't often get it in proper glass bottles south of the border. Damn.

If there's not coffee I'll have a Peace Tea

I have a Keurig so most players just have coffee or whatever k cups they bring that they like one guy makes soup every time. I usually start with two rum and cokes and then water or coffee after.

>I have a Keurig

:/

Though we don't have it on game nights that beer is good as hell, top tier taste user

>IPA
>literally drinking liquid estrogen

We once managed to drink so many of these (and X-Ray, and Monster, and Rockstar) that we blocked the view into the apartment by stacking them on the windowsill.
What even happened to the age of energy drinks, soda, Doritos and ordering burgers for dinner?
I have nothing against people who like healthier food, but in my experience, people like that often get smug and preachy as soon as they even see a can of soda, refuse to eat or drink stuff they're offered for free and can't loosen up enough to understand the idea that the best timing for junk food is when you want to have fun.

The CO2 reacts with the water to form carbonic acid, which is objectively sour tasting.
I still like fizzy water tho

God I miss irnbru. Can't get it cheap out here.

The IPA was invented for British sailors and companymen of the colonial era.

You like colonialism, don't you, my fuzzy little counterculture muffin? Yeah? That means IPAs are good!

I had to stop and switch to Lilt after I found out most of the table hates milk

My fellow energy drink comrade. Where do you get your Cult? I live in the Southwest.

Ah yes, the truck driver's choice of beer

>refuse to eat or drink stuff they're offered for free
A lot of people who are trying to get healthier are worried about relapsing. They don't like being reminded of what they're giving up because it makes it harder to keep their diet going. It's basically like giving a beer to a recovering alcoholic.
Also, from my personal experience, some junk foods can become hard to eat after you've stopped for a while. I tried to eat a Bic Mac after not eating fast food for a year and a half and ended up with a very upset stomach. Almost threw up. If their turning down a big, delicious greasy burger or something along those lines that could be the reason.

Nothing. I don't drink during game nights. I don't eat, nor go to the bathroom. I am there to play the game, every kind of distraction from said game is a waste of my time and should be avoided at all cost.
It took me a while to educate my group in the way of not losing time with mundane shit like this but now we can play up to 9 hours straight and the quality of our game improved significantly

Winefags will scold me but a $4 bottle of wine is a $4 bottle of wine.

FYI I am the GM...

Meh, it was a gift. I used to just drink instant coffee and use a tea kettle.

>talking shit about mint julep
Fuck you, man, shit is good.
>my secret love
I can't find this around my area anymore. I need a caffeine drink that isn't coffee or some shit with taurine.
This.
Dude, when you have to fight tooth and nail to get away from that kinda stuff, you don't even want to look at it again. You know how it feels to drive past a McDevil's and your mouth fucking WATERS? Even tho you just ate, and the thought of a Big Mac makes you wanna puke?

You do drink water, right Veeky Forums?

>Winefags will scold me but a $4 bottle of wine is a $4 bottle of wine.

Drinking cheap wine to get drunk is my nightmare. It's the only time I've puked on someone's front *and* back porch.

pic related: the Thinking Man's discount ethanol

Is that you, Big Boy Blue?

3 of theese.

Doom Bar is extremely mediocre beer, as evidenced by it's so-so rating on untappd and ratebeer.

Your taste needs to improve.

I don't understand cheap wine/beer

>want to get drunk cheaply, have spirits
>want something tasty, have good wine/beer or non alcoholic stuff

>beer elitism
Unsurprising from an IPA man.
Doom Bar is an extremely average beer, yes, but it is a good beer regardless. If you regularly visit sites which rate beers you should probably get over yourself and try to enjoy beers a bit more. I often consume far tastier ales at pubs and beer festivals, but that doesn't make doom bar a shit beer.

Plu 90% of IPAs are pretentious hoppy garbage with no real flavour. Stop ruining ales you fucks

Colonialism was good.
IPAs are indeed splendid.

Check and mate, teetotaler!

Personally I actually enjoy the taste of cheap beers. I also think that IPA taste like soap (seriously) but my friends all love it.

Pils or Dunkelbier are also welcome but Weizen is the really good stuff for a chill game night

American and indian beers need not apply

>he doesn't know that it was basically America that brought back many beer types that went extinct with the rise of pilsner, including many classic German/European beers
America saving the day again.

BIG BOY BLUE

SAVAGES

inb4 "soy milk"

>indeed
>splendid
>check and mate

This is what soy and IPA does to you, folks.

What's wrong user? Don't tell me you live somewhere so uncivilised that you can't drink the tap water.

>This is what soy and IPA does to you, folks.

soy consumption is officially the new "vaccines cause autism"

We drink anything except alcohol. We have a recovering alcoholic in our group (6 years sober) and we want to support him. I usually treat myself to a gas station slurpee on game nights and after that's done, I drink water or tea.

I thought it was the new chemtrails. Vaccines causing autism is still ongoing.

That's one thing when they actually have problems with their diet.
I get it the most often from underfed punk-lite kids who have to scoff and look down their nose on anything that isn't organic, gluten-free, vegan and three times the price for half the taste.

Yurofag here.
It's mainly sold in Scandinavia, but I generally hear it's considered bretty gud by visitors.
The lemon-lime variant is the fuel my games run on.

>IPA
just leave
you are wasting money in an idiotic gimmick, drink normal water and if you live in a shitty area boil and filter it.

>city water is foul
>eats Subway

you have no right to talk unless your food has been killed in the last 24 hours

It's the new "fluoridated water is mind control", which has temporarily abated.

>tap water
>not filtered

Enjoy your bacteria and chemicals, peasant.

You think the filter removes chemicals?

Retard.

>subway

A vodka soda or something with rum in it. I can't roleplay sober.

This post is wholesome.

Making Americans great again :)

Stop making us look retarded
t. fellow South African

Depends on when we're pIaying, usually ice water and coffee for me.

Patrician taste

>People that like healthier food get smug and preachy when they see unhealthy food.
I can attest to that.

Most people that eat healthier food do it because their metabolism will not adjust well otherwise ->healthier food isn't usually as delicious as the less healthier one -> jealousy ->try to get "unhealthy" people to feel as bad as them.

But that's just my opinion.

>living in a third world country
Nice

>wait why do I keep getting sick?
>oh well it must just be the weather or something

Depends. There are lot of nice beers, but I really like sours.

Also, vodka and grapefruit juice

>What is the best thing to mix with Tullamore Dew?
>More.