Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Banana Guard Edition

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/26/new-codexes-factions-our-heroes-and-more-breaking-news-from-the-las-vegas-opengw-homepage-post-1/

Some bullshit:
youtu.be/9vgq75xNBOw

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_imperiumisacuck,acuck!FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j58V2vC9EPc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> posting at I2

2nd for qt nid waifus

>2k18
>Novel mega still not updated

FIRES OF CYRAXUS

This game needs Dark Mechanicus

Do it yourself. The megas are a collaborative effort.

Speaking of, is that user who was asking about the Space Hulk manuals the other day around?

DARK REAPER FIX:

>Add them to the Ynarri Ban list with Drazhar and Haemonculus

>Minimum Squad size 5 so no 3 man Tempest Launcher Spam

THAT IS ALL. HAVE A GOOD DAY.

What is the best way to get chainsword arms for muhrines?

>tfw slowly warming towards the bare feet even if dey retarded
i-is this how fetishes start out?

Well lads, an online store canceled my Talons of the Emperor box order. I'm quite mad because I found another store with few boxes in stock but they are more expensive (by 1/5) than the canceled one.
Tell me, should I
- pay more for a TotE and fuck around with selling spare junk like dread and rhino but at the end of the day pay a little bit less for the whole list (left list) or
- go with separate boxes and build the right one
The land raider is costly (point-wise) as fuck so he is filling the list cheaply but on the other hand extra termies and Trajann might be more useful. I want to make a purchase once and for good, with no need to buy any more stuff for a really looong time

what tier would you put custard creams (as a stand alone army fuck soup)?

List rate? List rate.

1500 Tyranids

++Battalion Detachment (Kraken)++

Broodlord (162)
- Psychic power: The Horror

Hive Tyrant (195)
- Wings
- 2 pairs of Scything talons
- Adrenal glands
- Relic: Chameleonic mutation
- Warlord trait: Adaptive biology
- Psychic power: Catalyst
- Psychic power: Psychic scream

X12 Genestealers (144)

X12 Genestealers (144)

X20 Termagaunts (80)
- Fleshborers

X20 Termagaunts (160)
- Devourers

X20 Gargoyles (120)

X3 Tyranid warriors (84)
- Adrenal glands
- Deathspitters & Boneswords

Trygon (173)
- Adrenal glands

Tyrannofex (238)
- Rupture cannon

Post some beautifully painted evil space elves!

There's a difference between finding feet aesthetically pleasing and sexually attractive.

>bikes and vexhillia

high tier

>everything else besides terminators
very low tier

>terminators
auto lose tier

I rate it 6/10
Get less gargs, mrc/devs on the tyrant, more stealers to at least 16 in each group

If a big rat can take a shower, so can you before you go to the shop user.

WHEEEEN

do you guys use pluck foam cases to transport your army? how is it, does it actually work? any tips on how to transport one's army?

Wait, I heard that axe termies are good and vexilla are overcosted

Why does GW hate Slaanesh?
Why is it only Slaanesh got their heralds removed?
Why is it only Slaanesh daemons got bad rules?
Why is ‘always strikes first’ so useless?
Why is the KoS no faster than other greater daemons?
Why do daemonettes only have 1” more than other lesser daemons?
Why does Tzeentch have the fastest daemons in the codex?

Assault Squads come with a million of them.

>vexilla are overcosted

they are slightly, however the -1 to hit you can give to the bikes if you dont get first turn is immensely useful

axe temies are fucking shit, no rerolls to charge, you are paying 82 points or so for a unit that has a 27% chance to make a charge, otherwise you just have some mediocre shooting

Okie dokie. Thanks.

>Nice 666 brother

GW doesn't hate Slaanesh, they just don't know what to do with her. Hoping for a total rework for her so that GW won't be terrified to give her love in the future.

What I've based my armies colour scheme on

The last place you should be asking for opinions on armies' power levels on is /40kg/, because apparently if you're not OP you're shit

Just go the "punk rocker and snakes" route for slaanesh

1000pt list
outrider
-HQ-
shield cap on dawneagle w/all that good shit
-Fast-
Jetbike w/ hurricane x3

Jetbike w/ hurricane x3

Jetbike w/ hurricane x3

power gaming enough?

Because you and your daemonettes touch yourselves. Expect loose-fitting shirt wearing daemonettes soon.
But there's an 8 at the end there, I don't think that counts.

You're command rerolling one die so you're at 50%

Quick question about the Admech.

Do they really believe that you have to light candles and sing hymns to the spirits to get machines to work and using technology that hasn't been approved by them is heresy?

Or is it a big scam so that the Admech can them monopoly over the Imperium?

What I'm asking is, are the Tech Priests just a bunch of hack frauds?

Its pretty racy territory to try and cast a wider net with. There really wasn't anything THAT explicit in the subject material but we can all read between the lines.

I think they're just trying to avoid a situation with a mom and their kids browsing the shelves the first time, and there's a titty snek on that new packaging. And for that release period you have X families that walk out the door forever. Not to mention the reactions most females have their first time in an LGS.

for one stupidly expensive unit, which is still pretty shit

why not pay slightly more points and get:

better shooting
better movement
better toughness

>Masters of pharmaceuticals and chemical manipulation, what an Escher may lack in terms of raw physical strength, she more than makes up for in speed, skill and sheer psychotic flair.

honestly the Escher are a really good fit for what to do with Slaanesh, only issue is what to do with the Daemons. Tiddymonsters aren't really the way to go.

Fuck you it counts dad.

Iron Hands have precisely dick in 8th edition. They're a founding chapter and they don't even have a character. By comparison, Ultrasmurfs have like seven or eight.

With 1, 3, 4, 5 or 6 tits
Why not 2? Because 2 tits scare the puritans and GW can’t have that.
Murder and skulls are fine thou

>her

Does he rocketjump away?

Yes and yes, user.

The imperium is a dark place fraught with hypocricy and ludicrous mysticism.

Although the way GW's new writing direction is going, the magos will be actually magic and are using actual magic to actually improve the vehicles.

I honestly feel like the original setting has been mis-interpreted too literally.

yes and yes. no. no.

A blurry line at best.

>he doesnt shower beforehand whenever he leaves the house to go anywhere
Tbh, I'm very lazy with my own hygiene if I'm just staying at home, but I always shower, shave and make sure my breath doesnt smell before going anywhere. Gotta respect your fellow people, ya know?

Why did he kill himself, look those swords literally can't harm him, they're just shattering on his armor.

Think of it like the cult its is. The plebs at the bottom doing all the menial labour believe all the teachings and lies because they're at the mercy of those above them. The Arch-Magos themselves are more varied however with some who innovate and understand technology whilst others are full religious extremists.

machine spirits are actually quasi-AI's which can sometimes be cunts or fucking heroes based on how they feel. crimson fists have a land raider which drove itself so it could crush orks under it's tracks. but like when age of emprah happens tech priests will be magic machine men.

All Slaanesh needed to be good, or well, at least unique is a few extra inches of movement.
9” on daemonettes, 14” on the chariots, 15” on the KoS and 16” on the fiends and seekers.

As they are daemonettes are just really shitty bloodletters, not even fast Shitty bloodletters because they basically move at the same speed while being almost blanket worse in combat.
KoS got some nice, interesting buffs to close combat abilities that I really like but desperately needs a way to survive the first shooting phase, it’s the only greater without some extra inbuilt defense (even if the GUO is still stuck with t7...).

XENO ASS

>not showering at least once a day and brushing your teeth 3 times a day

I'm converting mine. Domini are done, I was cosidering Ursarax for infiltrators, but they are fuckhueg.

Whats a good Black Library book/series for someone who is new to 40k lore?

>DID YOU JUST ASSUME ZER GENDER?

>3 times
For what purpose.
You should, at minimum, only brush your teeth before bed.
I wouldn’t brush my teeth every morning because I know I’ll be having lunch in a handful of hours.
3 times is straight up pointless.

Ciaphus Cain: Hero of the Imperium.

I always shower right before I head to my FLGS for games on Saturdays. We're all usually there for 7 or 8 hours crammed into a back room, so when dudes come in who stink it's magnified. Everyone should have the basic human decency to not smell like BO and manass when they go out in public, but for some reason nerd hobbies like this sometimes attract people who don't understand that they shouldn't go out in public smelling like a pigfart. It shames me that my store (as well as other hobby stores) literally have to put signs up telling people that they will be asked to leave if they have a bad/unhygienic odor. This should just be basic human behavior.

I also shower and shave before I go to the FLGS because there is a woman who plays a different game there that I have a crush on so I'd like to be prepared in case I ever talk to her.

i really think they don't want to encourage people to buy the models they have right now. But I don't think they're gonna kill her off or anything. But I wouldn't be suprised if we see a total model line change by next december or something for her.

Also they will probably experiment with AoS Slaanesh first, to test the waters with new designs

Maintenance has become ritualised, a d extra kibble has been added to these rituals over time but stuff like 'immerse sacred bolter in blessed oil regents' is just oilling the thing.
The Ad Mech aren't doing this because they want to hold a monopoly on technology which they do but because they are one of the few that still understand much of the technology of them Imperium despite being a literal cargo-cult.

They also still innovate, but again, it's a slow and heavily ritualised process mired in theology.
That, and get things wrong, it'll be converted to chaos and try to kill everyone.

I'm starting to miss seventh. Eighth is so boring these days.

user you brush your teeth in the morning to get rid of all the shit that has been fucking around while your asleep.

Dentist here, brushing your teeth only once each day is hilariously inadequate. Teeth should be brushed three times each day, once after dinner, once after breakfast and once during the day, waiting at least 20 minutes but not more than 60 after having eaten.

>16” for fiends
Actually I would hive them 17” JUST to spite Tzeentch and his fucking screamers, how dare they have the highest movement value in the codex that SLAANESH inhabits.

Slaanesh units don’t even have the fly keyword unlike most of Tzeentch stuff forcing them to run around things so even then they may not be faster in practice.

>you should only brush your teeth once a day because you eat after brushing

the absolute state of you

>Three times a day
Enjoy a waste of toothpaste and bleeding gums faggot
>Havent even brushed teeth for a year + and teeth arent yellow due to not erating shit

Eh, it's not like I have any other place to ask about this tho. I need to plan my list precisely and carefully because I will buy no new stuff for a few following months

I brush twice a day, after breakfast and after dinner
>tfw you go to the dentist and he compliments you for having "genetically superior" teeth
>tfw he says that you technically woudnt have to brush your teeth at all to keep them healthy, unless you went and did something stupid like drink 3 liters of soda a day
>tfw drinking lots of milk as a kid paid off

40k related, which race has the best dental hygiene?
I'm tempted to say Orks or Nids. Orks because they use their teeth as money, so having healthy teeth would probably be worth more, and nids because muh genetically adapted teeth.

>"""""""teeth experts""""""
Hows those yellow stained teeth from smoking and excessive coffee drinking

Yes, because it actually works. Machine Spirits like that shit, and that makes them work better. Semi-sentient machines and equipment is a thing in 40K.

The hymns and rituals are also a way to retain knowledge in an age where a lot of it is lost on a regular basis.

If you played Deathwing you will notice that there are some rituals engraved in some places. They are songs but also manual of instructions, how to activate this or that machine, in which order, etc.

The Mechanicum is very happy to keep the technology monopoly however.

When I was building my black templar army about 15 years ago I would get blood claws space wolves boxes to make chainsword squads. All the furry bits are on their own sprue so you don't have to use them. It is probably still the same now.

>2018
>yellow teeth meme
You are mentally challenged aren’t you?

WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT FUCKING TEETH YOU RETARDS

You probably have halitosis though, dear Jurgen.

Literally same tier as pure GK. All your good options are the same as GK good options (Nemesis dreadknigts and strike squads) so it is very comparable.

Because they don't get sex, so they vent their frustrations and spaff at whatever is nearest.

BECAUSE SOMEONE POSTED A RAT TAKING A BATH, KEEP UP

>robot shoots once and two people die

fucking mars stratagem is swear to god

user, I'm just asking about my banana lists

Never skip the leg day

Yeah just buy a non-GW case for army transport unless you're some sort of poorfag. If you are then just come up with something or build your own.
I prefer to use nice battlefoam cases for my hyper expensive plastic soldiers.

Wait, how is recommending good dental hygiene a way to vent potential sexual frustration?

You realize that pigmentation caused by smoking and coffe has literally nothing to do with cavities and parodontitis which is caused by plaque deposits and it's the actual reason you have to brush?

>t. Tau/eldar/marine superfriends player

meant for

>discussion starts with a shitpost about a showering rat
>devolves into a discussion about dental hygiene
>user posts a not so subtle shitpost to derail the topic into talking about sex
Oh you.

You're the sad Slaneeshfag from here, arent you?

I never said something like that mister dentist. I'm all for brushing your teeth 2 to 3 times a day. I was just saying that even if his teeth aren't yellowed and fucked, his breath is surely fucking terrible if he doesn't brush his teeth at all.

>Because they don't get sex
My gf and I haven’t had a lot of time to spend together lately because of work schedules.
And I do brush my teeth twice daily, I just occasionally miss an odd morning.

Nigga just brush your teeth once a day, floss and use mouth wash and bam done.
No need to fuck your money buying toothpaste excessively because you need to have 40 coffees and a pack of ciggys a day to make it through work. Video related.
>youtube.com/watch?v=j58V2vC9EPc

Eating healthy and not ramming shit into your mouth wont fug your teeth. If medieval people can keep their teeth into their 40's without ever brushing them, so can you

The nerve of some people

>objects to people giving sound financial advice

Get a load of this git.

If I don't take a shower in the morning, I usually don't leave my flat.

I carry my Dark Eldar in plastic bags, I find the better I treat them (foam cases) the more annoyed I am when I open it and an incubi sword is snapped off so when I throw them in a bag Im not surprised or annoyed. What is surprising is that they've taken a lot less damage in the bags

Bad teeth are for cookie cutters.

I don't shower in the mornings as I work in construction so I'd literally be washing to get covered in crap. If I'm going into the store I'll nip home for a shower and to change unless I'm late for a game in which case I'll head straight to WHW.

You do realise you don't need to use as lucg toothpaste as they show in the ads right? Use a teeny tiny bit, and you're good to go.

I don't smoke nor do I drink coffee but I still brush my teeth 3 times a day and mouth wash, because I don't want to have a terrible breath.

Yeah, I posted the wrong link, I wan't talking to you see

>he thinks Cadia still stands
>he thinks he isn't playing the nazi faction

A long hot shower is almost obligatory for me, I really feel disgusting if I don't shower first thing after I wake up.

>Being afraid of bad breath
Explain this meme. Unless you are kissing someone (which we know half the fags here probally havent even gotten close), no ones going to ram their nose into your throat and smell

Mouth wash is a scam.