Warhammer 40k general (40kg)

Paint at least one space marine edition
Remember to shower once a day and brush your teeth at least twice a day sub edition

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/26/new-codexes-factions-our-heroes-and-more-breaking-news-from-the-las-vegas-opengw-homepage-post-1/

Some bullshit:
youtu.be/9vgq75xNBOw

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_imperiumisacuck,acuck!FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

First for thousand sons.

>mfw the normiebook TSons page

I'm looking at Vostroyans on the webshop, and I feel like there's not that much. Are they missing some units that aren't sold anymore or is that all you can get in terms of Vostroyans?

Marines Malevolent best marines for optimal "KIL KIL KIL" 1st edition aesthetics of thicc tubing and hunched postures and gnarled faces

My god old models were so bad.

Those are actually terrible

So GW seems to want to introduce characters outside of the codices first. Then maybe move into more general units. We've seen the Imperial Space Marine, Sly Marbo, and now Eisenhorn so far, but what characters would you want for other factions?

What the fuck is Imperial Space Marine anyway? Never seen this model.

What?

You've got this, for the 30 years of 40k. Which is a remake of an old RT miniature, but in plastic.

Jesus Christ.

And the other, older Imperial Space Marine is a FW massive Space Marine.

Thanks my dude. Now I know.

They dropped a couple of officers and a mortar team.
There should still be plasma gunners, the command squad, snipers, the lascannon team and the Infantry squad still up.

Prepare to be purged, /40kg/.

the salt is fucking incredible.

>shield-captain and vexillus praetor can use a castellan axe
>no axe in the guard kit
What the fuck

How many biovore are too much for a pure GSC? I mean the only non GSC unit being the biovore

>what characters would you want for other factions?

Hoping the new Cryptek box is like Battlewizard box. And that the new Cryptek box has the option to make Orikan the Diviner

>Then a new C'tan box to make Nightbringer/Deceiver/Generic C'tan / (Orikan the Diviner supercharged)

No really, what are you talking about?!
What salt?

Running some test with Magnus, that reroll 1s aura makes it almost impossible for him to fail a cast. And he's so much harder to deny now. Not to mention that you are rolling six dice for his tests each phase.

Losing invu reroll sucks, but I'm digging psychic reroll aura.

Okay thanks! So the officers and the mortar team will be what I have to look for on ebay. Wonder why they stopped producing them.

That's great news. Magnus supposed to be casting first, fighting second.

people are mad that A: the update was mostly tzaangor shit

and B: that they didn't read the rules for codex: CSM, and thought they could use the rulesheet for rubrics from it.

so I really like the blood angels codex, but I don't particularly like painting a complete red scheme.

Would it be a faux pas to use the codex for my bird themed homebrew chapter?

Or would it be fine to choose a non red/yellow for an angels successor?

>Magnus supposed to be casting first, fighting second
>Not doing both.

GW did nothing wrong. Eldar isn't OP. ITC just favors certain lists.

Problem is: he is losing reroll invuln, price increase and loses 6+ FNP warlord trait. He is much worse than before, but still fine in 1ksons lists.
Though to be fair, 1ksons are pretty low-tier as far as armies with a dedicated codex go.

not him, but I think the models are neat. They are absurd and weirdly proportioned, but I think sometimes we forget that space marines are supposed to be more or less disfigured mutant super soldiers. Also these models seem to very well reflect early fluff which, if I remember correctly, had space marines switching and being traded between chapters like professional athletes and highly customizing their own personal gear.

> Starting Orks

What I have so far:

Warboss
Warboss
22 Boyz with Boss Nob
5 Nobs
Deffkopta
Deff Dread with two Dreadklaws and two Skorchas

So far I'm at 690 points. Where should I take this army? I'm not what to pick up next.

30 biovore is among the numbers of biovore that describe the amount of biovore too large for an otherwise pure GSC army

just paint them whatever you want and say they are blood angels

only people who will complain are cunts

but if I go for say, a random chapter name with a bird theme (ala shadow hawks/night hawks, it's a legit canon chapter).

Would using sang guard rules for say, a souped up looking honour guard with jump packs be fine?

>named like a separate HQ
>has no profile
I'm getting more and more confused

>How many biovore are too much for a pure GSC?

Make a cast of the Biovore gun and make Count-As Biovores that are Genestealer Cultists with a Biovore gun in a wheelbarrow.

Paint them however you want and run them as a successor chapter.

If you decide to use BA specific named characters in a tournament with cunts than just say they are actually Blood Angels but you just painted them differently.

Running a homebrew chapter is pretty great, you get to make up all of your own lore.

Since BL is only fleshing out imperium characters, that's all we will see. I am expecting some snowflake guardshit characters next.

Wrong. Dark Reapers and Shining Spears are getting the Conscript treatment in the March balance update. Everyone knows they're broken.

Buy & paint another 80 regular boyz and then come back.

as long as you make it clear beforehand then yeah

How do we fix the Psychic Phase?

Well I am not mad. You are seeing things.

I know I need more boyz (and more paintbrushes), I'm just curious other than that.

Why would they want to use the rules from the CSM codex? What changed?

that's why I said the normiebook FB page.

it will be monopose user, we all know this.

What are his stats?

Because it’s in the warden kit you dummy

This

perils on any cast attempt

the CSM rubrics can take soulreaper cannons with a base squad of 5

I've had grognards snark at the idea of me wanting to paint some Purple/Blue BA successors so I ended up stealing the red scorpions scheme for a random bird themed chapter.

I just want my dudes to be good at jump packs and hitting things.

I think that +1 power is better than 6+++. And it's not all bad - sure he got nerfed, but near immunity to Perils, better aura for other Sons and Temporal Manipulation and Glamour are all cool.

To be honest, I'd expected him to lose Dark Hereticus, which would be much bigger nerf.

fuck them, you arnt breaking any rules, paint them how you want to paint them user

Why aren't you b&d yet, avatarfag-kun

Grognards are retards, don't sweat it

Jesus, that's so fuckin stupid. I just noticed there is no way to assemble the guard Praetor with a spear - you have to use shield or misericordia because all weapons are right-handed. Why warden praetor and warden shield captain have no profiles at this point?

>it will be monopose user, we all know this.
I know. It's a sad fate. But that Battlewizard box (as a concept) is one of my favorite boxes GW made.

Four "Hero" units with enough bits to make them "unique", despite being quite monopose.

I'd love if the Cryptek box came with four models with options to build them as different Harbingers of X. Bringing back the old 5e Cryptek variants

as long as you walk in and say 'this is my codex blood angels army' it will be fine.

And now my Thousand Sons are back to 1/10? That fucking sucks.

I'm not an avatarfag. I just have a small handful of reaction faces from the same comic.

I was thinking of making some chained up ones. Also put a Hijab on their heads to ago along the terrorist theme.

6 seems reasonable enough since GSC lack reliable anything

>Back
they were never 1/5 as thousand sons.

And using the same images of the same character all the time doesn't make you an avatarfag how..?

A dozen big shootas & rokkit boyz.
A battery of kannons.

Good luck with the mortars.
I got super lucky with mine and nabbed 3 for €45 on eBay.
I got another team that I’ll be using for recasting.

You get actual spells tho. But yes, I hope that gets FAQd.

Some anti-tank is a must as Power Klaw nobs don't cut the mustard anymore. Tankbustas in a trukk/wagon are still great for this. Also a Battlewagon with a roller is surprisingly killy. Look into burnas too, they also work great when in a transport and judging from your pic you like that style. But seriously, get more boyz.

I guess posting images on an imageboard is against the rules?

Why wouldn't you give it the shield

>Genestealer Cultists with a Biovore gun in a wheelbarrow.

That's absolutely fucking brilliant.

Yes they were. The Chaos codex says 1/5, then 2/20.

It is if you are avatarfagging - that's why cheetahfag get banned

Given wardens are the veteran custards, I'd guess the praetor and shield captain are already wardens, and GW have just left it off the name because it adds nothing.

No.
What you do in most threads I see you in is however, because its avatarfagging

yes, and the codex also says that LEGION cannot be THOUSAND SONS

Do you or do any research into armies you critisize or are you just new here? Warden captain and guard captain are the same unit- it’s just “shield captain”; it’s the same with the vexilus. The only reason to get one over the other is for the weapon options available in the kit and if you like drapes on your dudes.
Guard can take spear and shields
Wardens can take Spears and axes and have drapes on them
As for why no left handed spear, yea, that sucks, but nothing some converting can’t fix or just say “he has a spear” and be done with it

Points - I will be just a 1pts over the limit

>What you do in most threads I see you in is however, because its avatarfagging
I post in numerous threads through the day and only occasionally use the images.

i feel you user. i remember when it came out and was amazed at how different you could make them look despite the limited amount of parts in the kit. always wanted to convert the light wizard to some kind of priest or inquisitor.
feels bad that we'll probably see monopose minis for a long time, heck even most of the troop kits that come out now are limited in how you can make them. closest thing to what you want which has come out recently is that 1ksons sorcerer kit, but even that is mono-pose as hell.

>all weapons are right-handed

Ok...

>I can't read: the post

Haha, no.
You might post in other threads but I distinctly recall you because of how autistic the way you spam the same character on /40kg/ is.
I could go look at an archive from yesterday right now and find you avatarfagging with the same girl for multiple posts.

Fucking hell, indeed, there's a single team at about 45 pounds right now. Good lord.

Fair enough

If your life is ruined because the piece you need is not provided to you in the kit, and you have to find it from another kit, then there's nothing on this Earth that can help you.

Just about done with my Inquisitor. Still needs touching up in places, but I'm definitely getting better with my painting.

To be fair to dummy-user here, the post could have been written more clearly. On first glance it isn't exactly obvious

and I could catalog numerous threads where I didn't use them. I have a few images of the same character. Using reaction images is not against the rules. Maybe stop derailing the thread to bitch that I use images.

On an imageboard.

Also wardens are elites and guard are troops.

Using reaction images is not against the rules, avatarfagging is, avatarfag.

posting off-topic is also against the rules, but here you are, derailing the thread to bitch.

is she meant to be the one from emperor's gift?

That makes sense. Thanks for the info.

How are the Ork fliers? I like the way dakkajets look.

WASHES

Helps if they had playtesters that weren't WAAC tourney fags

Multiple units from many armies are still effectively useless, and some codexes are as well
But hey if you take a lord of war every match, it's balanced, right?

I'm not wrong, though.
I dig it, red hair in particular for some reason. I remember seeing that in earlier threads as well though without the head

Nope, just decided I wanted an Inquisitor that didn't wear your typical SM power armour.

I know the paintjob's a bit hit & miss, but it's honestly one of the better models I've managed recently, and I'm improvin' every day.

Is there any alternative for Scout Marine models? While Tacs were renewed quite a lot, It looks too old.