/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Drives, archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Previous Thread: What's your favorite one-page CYOA?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSehHHL4VYvb1KHZAKpn7a0rsCfvUUm3KgPxgvv8f1m47K58Cw/viewform?usp=sf_link
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LVzngjkpPnJvUpLg2R_GAVOJV6CDvxlWG5irzz4j1As/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WIP,
this time, i hope i'll finish it and not abandon it like my other cyoa project. sorry for my terrible english.

We're at a week until the deadline for submissions to the City Collab! I'll stop accepting submissions just before midnight on the 5th of February. So please, get your submission in well before then so we can polish it. Enter your submission here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSehHHL4VYvb1KHZAKpn7a0rsCfvUUm3KgPxgvv8f1m47K58Cw/viewform?usp=sf_link
Afterwards, save the link to edit your form and watch these announcements. I'll contact submitters I have no other means to reach here.

To the author of Zlatbisa: YOU MUST SHORTEN YOUR DESCRIPTIONS IF YOU WANT YOUR CITY TO APPEAR. I will not do it for you, and I will not include your city otherwise.

DSA protects

Here's a look at others' submissions:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LVzngjkpPnJvUpLg2R_GAVOJV6CDvxlWG5irzz4j1As/edit?usp=sharing

Only the finest

>nips get their tank crew but frogs don't

Yo Highlander, have you got a problem with me basing a comic or animation in this universe. Its an awesome setting you've made and it'd be a shame for it to be limited to the autists clamoring in this general. Some creators are just touchy with people touching their work.

Fuck it.

MAKE A BUILD, BERATE OTHERS, RP A LIL.

>destroyers

Like i said, a WIP.
i'll try to add italian and france tank crew,

i don't plant to add playable jap tank btw, cuz they're literal shit

Only the finest yet you don't post it all.

Why do the yanks get a mp40 instead of a thompson or grease gun?

>Italians
I don't need their help, I can backstab myself good enough.

>

Greentext was an accident.

i give up

stream you doing it mate.

nah i get shy on cam

I quit trying to post Black and White. Captha expired twice while trying to, it gets stuck at 100% and takes ages to go up.

Those four pics look so...out of place.

Here you go

just like your random pointless ellipsis

Terrible. Just terrible.

Donkey kong. I tried again, filling out two capthas this time, same thing happens: Gets stuck at 100% and eventually expires.

>mfw PPPP
Lone Observer is mai waifu

>mfw I have no face
I'm mildly retarded.

Well you're talking about waifus, so we already knew that.

>Pod
Cure Mortality

>Augments
Omega Psi (700)
Metacognition (70)
Cosmetic Refinment (10) (I'm Adonis like now)
Physical Augmentation x3 (60) (A's in all cathegories)
Knowledge Implant x5 (100) (Physics, Chemestry, Anatomy, Psychology, Mathematics)
Skill Implantation x3 (60) (Mixed martial arts, Conflict Resolution, Assertiveness)

>Mentor
Elspeth. She has Omega Psi mastered and The Voice, probably the most lethal combination of Augs alongside with Vervandi. I'm going to absorb as much knowledge as possible from her, from how to use my powers, to her real intentions.
>Ally
Verdandi. Just as above, I want to know as much as possible about her powers, also I'm sure it would be interesting to discuss time related topics with her.
>Rival
Samael. I don't really want nothing to do with the little girl, but as a bully target and possible Ally in the future, it's worth a shot

>Domain
God of Light. With all my knowledge this is a good tittle

>Legend
The Apostate. She's clearly special, so special that I need her by my side, as my wife. I'll convince her that not all of us are bad, but I would not convince her to join Valhalla, I'll convince her to join me.

So making it short, I don't trust Elspeth and I think I'll never will. But you now the saying, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. I'll play along her game for as much as I need. I'll make my best with all my knowledge, skills, metacognition and Omega Psi. I'm sure that I'm useful for Valhallas porpoises to guide mankind, so they'll think it twice before trying to act on me when I marry the Apostate.
She's my key and hearth. If I found out Elspeth real intentions and they end up being really twisted, then I'll leave Valhalla alongside with my wife. I'm not saying I'll be taking the Betrayer pact, but I'm not going to leave mankind at mercy of literal sociopaths who like to play god.

Post the PDF at least.

I feel like people are overestimating the Apostate. Yes, she's pretty good at what she does. She's still only as smart as the society she comes from though. She's not "god" material.

Probably the overestimation comes from the fact that she has mary sue tier anti-psi and foresight to boot but you could always put the heads of the pantheon together to make an attack that she can't avoid as she is still human excluding the butterknife parrying so overkill won't hurt either

as far as we know she might be a pod traveler just like us who got up and decide that he pantheon is shit. I don't blame he but the way she is going about it is counter productive no matter her goals.

Cure Mortality

Omega Psi 700
Greater Demihumanity (Angelic Being) 950
Meta cognition 1020

This was actually my first build before I even realised that the setting for Cure Mortality was going to be a pantheon of gods shtick. Essentially I wanted to use my Meta-Cognitive abilities and unlimited time to learn artistic skills (particularly musical) and create masterpieces while playing the part of an Angel for the aesthetic and the added bonus of flying.

Mentor: I figure I'll be like most other people and pick Elspeth, since she seems like the most reliable and the de facto leader of the pantheon.
Ally: Yawgmoth, I will spend time studying with Yaw in order to gain a better understanding of things such as plumbing which will work into my later plan.
Rival: Samael, I don't approve of Sams seeming lack of actually doing anything except intending to leech off of others in a very literal sense.

Domain: God of Magic/God of Learning, my intention is to take a number of psi disciples under my wing and personally tutor them in a number of ways. Firstly training their psi capabilities so they can be used in beneficial ways in the future. Secondly in a more theological manner I will extol certain virtues as agreed upon by the pantheon, such as love thy neighbor, in an attempt to breed a more virtuous mindset. Thirdly, I will educate them in more academic fields, such as medicine or the aforementioned plumbing. I will then 'graduate' them and they will be able to educate their own disciples in the outside world and I will take a new group of disciples under my wing.
I would pretty much follow Elspeth and Verdandis plan/s as long as there was a place for me and the rest of the pantheon in them. I would like to view them all as family or close friends over time, and would stand against anyone that would betray the pantheon.

That makes no sense as her PSI is unique and something unexpected to exist at all

Oh and I'll take The Apostate and The Fallen One. I would try to peacefully solve the conflict with the Apostate and perhaps convince her to join the pantheon, I think that her abilities and knowledge of the modern world would prove invaluable to us (and having her join would be quite the good PR stunt). With the Fallen One I would like to put forward the plan of using Delta Psi to erase the last 2000 years of his memory in an attempt to return him to normal, if that is not possible I will just try to subdue him like Elspeth asks.

I beg to differ. She has fought 3 different gods and all the times she won. She has a unique Psi which basically is basically nullification of all other Psi.
Not to mention that said Psi has some kind of clairvoyant power attached to it, as mention by her fight with Tyrael where she was moves ahead of him.
She's maybe be above average smart, not as near smart as some gods but she's clearly no pushover.

I want to summon EDH and here's my offerings.

Not that guy, just a random asshole with a shitty theory.

Corporate espionage. A rival company dealing in the same sort of field stole some of their research and made their own pods. She's either their only survivor, or the first of their lot to awaken.

If you take Nanobody and Machine Empathy can you upgrade yourself? Or will you be like Bender and need a calculator still to do large number maths?
What can Yawgmoth do to you? With his light speed mind he will beat you at coding; no one wants to be reprogramable

omega psi is literally the psi that can make other type of psi possible by combination. Even as the doctor can't know everything about psi.

I'm not talking about her capabilities. I'm thinking about her general intelligence. Given the state of society, she's simply not going to be capable of comprehending what you want her to.

The picture is extremely misleading. What it shows is some sort of near-modern princess type in a ballroom gown. Society hasn't even invented hygiene at this point, so that can't be at all indicative of what she is actually like.

Oh, that's cool. I like this idea.

Omega psi doesn't include Theta or Mu psi. It can do a great many things by combination, but not everything.

Now that is some interesting shit imagine if the other empire is led by the other company and decided to do the same shit

She is from idolm@ster and is inferior to Makoto

>EDH
Who's that, a relative of ZBD?

>asking people to post the low as fuck quality version that's even worse than images raped by imgur
yeah no

the only cyoas that have any business being posted as pdfs are the ones that were made as pdfs

Pretty sure he means EDG. Also I'm pretty sure isn't the most recent version

What would people want to see out of a Magical Girl CYOA?

Magical girls.

Lewds.

Society at this point should be almost the same as the one of the Chrononaut procedure, some kind of early feudalism. I mean, they have at least some tech because she used a kitchen knife to defeat Tyrael.

Also yes, she may no be very smart, but thanks to her Psi she's probably ahead of the common folk

I feel like the secret game here, if you pick Cure Mortality anyway, is to figure out how to not end up Elspeth's bitch. She's got a pretty much the most powerful combination of abilities and what amounts to a bunch of purchases of the knowledge implant. If you want to end up as the head of the pantheon, or stand a reasonable chance at surviving picking The Betrayer and doing something about it, you have to get around:

>Being able to be deleted from the universe with mastered Genesis

>Having all your moves seen by her buddy Verdandi beforehand, who you can't even persuade to betray Eslpeth because of the Voice

>The Voice itself (The description of which isn't very clear on what ability would be required to resist it other than just being "strong willed")

I've spent a few hours messing around with builds, but is the closest I've seen to getting it done, and even that's a little iffy seeing as Verdandi could see him coming a mile away with that plan.

I give up, but if any other anons want to take a shot at it after having that little challenge pointed out, more power to you. Not even sure if the Author put that there on purpose of if it's just an puzzling accident.

>Pretty sure he means EDG.
Hence why I referenced the typo'd version of ZBD's authorname acronym.
>Also I'm pretty sure isn't the most recent version
Can't see any newer versions in my folders.

try not to make another rehash of the same cliches, there's been a ton of magical girls cyoas

I am the only one thinking that that kitchen knife must be some top tier shit to be able to parry Tyrael at all without breaking?

Elspeth does, specifically, call her out as "Smart, resourceful, and charismatic", it's probably a safe guess that since she's placed on the same level as a global survey, rival empire, and overpowered dragon those traits are true by Elspeth's standards, not just "for a modern mortal"

Actually you kind of have a point. The idea of a "kitchen knife" is far beyond the latest in god-tech, the screw pump. I'm not even sure bronze or pre-bronze age people would have had something similar. Honestly I think the issue is a bit of a plot hole stemming from the author not really understanding much about how that sort of society would operate and taking for granted some modern things.

As far as the 500 society, no. That is WAY in advance of where the 2000 society would be. That happens after the FIRST time the world burned, and the world burned at least two or three more times since then, each time setting society even further back.

That doesn't make any sense either.

I've actually got two builds for this!

>Pod: Cure Mortality
Death can go shove it. Also, question: the description says "I can fudge that number by as much as 50 for margin of error," so does that mean that I can take up to 1050 points worth of Augs if none of them are under 50 points? I'm gonna assume it does.

>Omega Psi (-700) (300)
Because if becoming a god is an option, what kind of idiot WOULDN'T pick it?
>Machine Empathy (-350) (-50, technically)
I don't know what the future will look like. Let's make sure I can understand it.

>Awakening
...this doesn't feel right.

>Mentor: Yawgmoth
>Ally: Verdandi
>Enemy: Tyrael
He seems cool, and genuinely does want to build the future for people. I can make a friend here.

>Domain: The Accuser
I am a trickster, sort of. I challenge people's perceptions and ideas. Basically, I encourage people to ask questions, like "Why does the sun rise?" "Why do some people have Psi and some don't?" "Why shouldn't you touch this thing?" "Why do the gods rule?" More than anything, I get people to think - not invent or calculate or study or act, to THINK.

>The Apostate
I like her. She thinks, she asks questions, and she makes her own decisions based on the answers. More than anything, she doesn't just accept. If nothing else, she'll be good for conversation.

Godhood...isn't for me, I think. I believe the future can be found in another way - a way where the gods are beings of power, but not of worship. I don't intend to lead any kind of bloody revolution, nor even set myself as diametrically opposed to the gods - nothing so overt. But the gods set rules, and rules are meant to be questioned.

>His followers called him Mahasamatman and said he was a god. He preferred to drop the Maha- and the -atman, however, and called himself Sam. He never claimed to be a god. But then he never claimed not to be a god. Circumstances being what they were, neither admission could be of any benefit.

I don't see why working with Elspeth is such a problem. It seems to me that she is trying to make the best of a bad situation. She'd be stupid if she wanted to lead the world into an age of Darkness or some other ominous shit. The only alternative to leading the people is to abandon them, in which case they are pretty much fucked anyway. On top of all that she clearly knows what she's doing and is quite intelligent, after all she turned you all into Gods (even if the people she bestowed this power to were a bit iffy, but even then, it takes a certain kind of person to want to be put to sleep for 2000 years)

I think it's pretty obvious she expected something like this and wanted to be a god or at least have power over people. It doesn't really bother me too much though.

I like to think that the key to try and defeat Elspeth is Verdandi. If you can somehow try and break the spell from The Voice and her friendship, then things seems to sort out. The problem is how to do that, when she can see time as she pleases, while being BFF with Elspeth. But once you are capable of doing that things, should get a lot more easier. That's why Elspeth probably fears the Apostate, because she may be immune to The Voice, so she's probably the only one who could defeat Elspeth.

It isn't so much that working with her is a problem, it's knowing that no matter how powerful you become, you'll always be second fiddle, even if you replicate her choices. She also obviously wants to have power over people, seeing as she chose the Voice. Disregarding that, though, I just don't like a choice in a well made CYOA, specifically The Betrayer, being made pointless by an unbeatable redhead.

We don't even know for sure if Verdandi can be affected by The Voice at all i mean we are talking about a person that can see what no man was supposed to see and didn't break down in to a puddle of mumbling madness

>I want to summon EDH and here's my offerings.
Wait what? You are trying to summon EDH (or Elder Dragon Highlander, also known as Commander) the Magic The Gathering format?

Cure Mortality

Omega Psi (because creating something from nothing is impossible to pass up)
Machine Empathy (Because I'd hate my mind being useless)

>Mentor
Elspeth
to teach me Genesis and because I beleive her motives to be pure.

>Ally
Yawgmoth
because we'll bond over the shared Machine Empathy and I'll use my genesis to turn Valhalla into a technological wonderland with him.

>Rival
Samael
She seems like personified pettiness, I'll squint at her suspiciously from across the room whenever I get the chance.

>Domain
God of Law
Because I'm overly concerned with justice as is, and won't trust Tyrael or anyone but myself with deciding what's right and wrong. I'm taking a very philosophical approach with this.

>Legend
The Apostate
I'd try to reason with her, make her see that what the Valhallans do is in humanity's best interest. If she turns out to be an actual god: well, I'm at her mercy.

I also feel the need to say that I don't trust Verdandi for one second as the open mind allows her to plausibly lie about anything without effort and Elspeth's trust in her guidance put's way to much power in her hands.

Also, despite being god of Law I think Marco is an alright entity.

There's plenty of drama to be had between us.

You don't fuck with the head of the pantheon. It's not done.

To everyone saying "you'll just end up as Elspeth's bitch," no, I don't think I will. It's not that I have any more power than her, or that I'm somehow a big enough threat to defy her, it's just that I'm not going to directly challenge her. I'm going to trap her in her own rules. The gods are, at large, peaceable and lawful? So am I. The gods will brook no challenges to their rule? I will give none - I will merely question it, and invite my followers to draw conclusions. Verdandi has stated that there will be no blatant fire-and-brimstone aggression against "heretics," so I will offer no offense that could bring me above a heretic. I will raise my own religion, of sorts - one that preaches complete pacifism wherever possible, to the point of preferring flight to martial self-defense, and one that encourages discovery and questioning of the norm.

There are only three things I will do that step outside my bounds as god, and none would be enough to turn her against me within her rules. The first thing I'll do is present myself as not a true god, but merely a powerful and good man, in the same way that Buddhism does not present the Buddha as a god. The second thing I'll do is befriend the Apostate, but not work to turn her to the side of the gods. The third thing I'll do is give my followers knowledge enough to invent - I won't outright say "this is how you make a screw," but I'll point out that a wedge slides well into wood and can do so at an angle, and encourage them to extrapolate.

My endgame is to set myself up as an example for people, where the other gods are seen as aloof. Few will dare ask the God of Fate what will happen to them, or the God of Machines how to make a stamp work, but they will have no hesitation in asking me. If they do, I won't tell them directly, but I'll teach them to find out their answer themselves.

Just watch me fuck with the head of the pantheon. We'll be 14 gods in no time.

Your loyalist dogma disgusts me and only emflames my desire to smite that thot

Can't Elspeth just use The Voice to command Verdandi to retroactively ensure her loyalty, though? Or do you think she's too much of a goody-two-shoes, despite the fact that she picked that in the first place?

Is there any point in skullfucking elspeth?

Is there any point in not skullfucking Elspeth?

Question: if I get Delta Psi, can I teach myself to use Alpha, Beta, and Gamma over time? Apparently, Delta lets me unlock it in OTHERS, so what about in myself?

Outright skullfucking? Not really.

Mounting a quiet rebellion against her, shaking her power base, and refusing to allow humanity to live only at the whims of the gods? Definitely.

nah because she could just go back to before she gave her the command. Also she has open mind, i find very hard to belie that one who has seen being dimension cold in any way be considered weak willed.

Author says that Verdandi is NOT immune to delta psi mind reading. Whether or not she's vulnerable to mind control, you can at least verify for yourself that she isn't lying.

I don't think he's talking about fucking her in the skull, user

At best, you'll end up a Prometheus-like martyr.

The biggest issue with overcoming Elspeth and Verdandi seems to be that they are already quite a few years ahead of you. I have a theory however, that if you were to take Omega Psi and Spare Years you could be put ahead of Elspeth on a raw power scale, even with her training.

Are you causing a rebellion for a good reason or are you rebelling just because you CAN rebel?

>live a the whims of he gods.
you see that's where you are wrong, most of humanity didn't even have contact with the gods, they only "control". Plus they don't force their will on people, heck they barely even fight against another empire threatening to destroy theirs, which is why there's that mission in the first place.

Can't you just leave the pantheon and not be an asshole about it? Shack up with that apostate girl and travel the world for a few centuries, maybe start an empire of your own and then when the pantheon comes knocking on your door you can choose whether you want to join them or not.

You don't have to choose between undying servitude and unending hatred, even the betrayer option clearly states that she'll only turn hostile if it comes down to it but will otherwise hope for your return.

Just don't be an asshole about it?

Raw power don't mean squat if her bff sees you charging your kamehameha a month in advance.

She will, but I have a feeling that Tyrael won't let the insult slide even if you were able to convince the Apostate to lay low for a while.

Don't get me wrong but there is no guarantee you can reach your absolute maximum potential compared to the one who discovered and developed the tech to make it possible

Why can't you kids have a bit of gratitude for the woman that gave you the powers you wished for, instead of planning her downfall ASAP?

There's already a Harem option undah the Bedroom section, ya frickin idiot.

They've at most been around for sixty or so years, if you take the apostate, fuck off to the other side of the world and wait for a century or two I'm willing to bet most of them will have cooled off and will have more interesting enemies to fight than some girl who either died a long time ago or an uplifted goddess who will prove a powerful ally if you can bring her around to their plan.

Nihilism and "outsmarting-ism" were a mistake.

Don't look at me i actually want to collaborate to the pantheon goals and try to make get everyone get along

They were mortals, once, but I believe they've forgotten what mortality means. They have incredible power, but refuse to use it to help people to its full extent. Technology is only released slowly, and everyone just relies on Yawgmoth for new inventions; they don't do science themselves anymore. In their bid to release technology slowly so as not to make humans rely on the gods, they've done the precise opposite - everyone now relies on them FOR technology. I'm not going to mount a rebellion, per se - I'm just going to change the status quo.

Precisely. They control. They exhibit their power blatantly, and make implicit threats. Worse, though, they maintain their power while permitting suffering to continue. That just ain't right.

I am grateful, and I respect her - which is why I will act to solve problems and prevent unnecessary evil in her plans and work to make the world better for everyone, her included.

Also, I believe that she may have been somewhat corrupted by power. Humanity is naturally inclined to seek power and ascend to a position of strength; it's part of our basic genetic programming. She was given all the power she could ask for, and now her instincts will be telling her to consolidate that, and internally prioritizing that over helping others. I'm just here to help prevent her from going bad.