What are the most expensive RPG books?

I just found out that "Black Crusade: The Tome of Excess" is selling for +$100, and it only came out 6 years ago. I can't even find Tomb of Blood, but some Warhammer 40k books are going for +800 on Amazon. Is that the most expensive RPG book?

What are the most expensive RPG books of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/i/132472565719?chn=ps
amazon.com/Premium-Original-Dungeons-Dragons-Roleplaying/dp/0786964650/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1517254555&sr=8-4&keywords=dungeons and dragons original
amazon.com/Fantasy-Flight-Crusade-Excess-Hardcover/dp/B00RWSQVFQ
dmsguild.com/product/17108/The-Rod-of-Seven-Parts-2e?it=1
acaeum.com/ddindexes/modpages/r2.html
ebay.com/itm/Black-Crusade-The-Tome-of-Blood-Fantasy-Flight-Warhammer-40k-VERY-RARE-NOW/282828381541?epid=1501911366&hash=item41d9e29d65:g:HgkAAOSwnTdaIX4F
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tomb of Blood sales for thousands of dollars, if one ever comes to auction again.

Black Crusade Tome of Excess from 2013 goes for $150
ebay.com/i/132472565719?chn=ps

That one is up there.

How much does a mint condition 1st edition DnD box set go for?

Or is it cheap because they made so many? (unlike Dune: Chronicles of the Imperium, which goes for over 300)

All RPG books are expensive, but why would anyone buy something for thousands of dollars when you can get the PDF for free?

I think Role Players are the least conscience of price, and the least caring about condition. That's why RPG books never really become "collectible."

Role players don't care about collectability.

Nowadays less true.
If you don't care, you'll get as PDFs. Only collectors get originals nowadays.

>Only collectors get originals nowadays.
Which is why, I guess, a book from 6 years ago can be worth thousands.
Disposable income.

I didn't know that was rare. I saw it in a used bookstore and passed it up.

It's not super old, but Maze of the Blue Medusa can go for upwards of $200 since the print run was pretty limited and one of the authors doesn't want to reprint it any time soon. Plus the two authors got into a spat last time I checked.

It's a neat little book with some cool ideas but it is barely worth it's retail price. So many of the rooms are barely playable novelty pieces that it's hard to run as an actual dungeon instead if an interactive art piece with swords.

I dunno if it's worth money, but I've got the Star Munchkin RPG book. I can't even find any PDFs of that little fucker, and not for lack of trying.

How much is a hard copy version of F.A.T.A.L. worth?

I am upset that books printed a few years ago are worth more than 1st edition DnD book. That's the first RPG, it should be worth the most.

They don't exist.

my most expensive one is the 2013 re-release of OD&D the one that came in the wood box.

this guys amazon.com/Premium-Original-Dungeons-Dragons-Roleplaying/dp/0786964650/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1517254555&sr=8-4&keywords=dungeons and dragons original

got it for $32 at a used bookstore.

This is going for $821.94
amazon.com/Fantasy-Flight-Crusade-Excess-Hardcover/dp/B00RWSQVFQ

That's more than double what your thing is worth.

>I am upset that books printed a few years ago are worth more than 1st edition DnD book.
The AD&D books were put out in mass, so even if they're old, they're not rare.

So were magic cards.

What do you think there are more of, Original Dungeons & Dragons Rule Books from 1974 or Black Lotus?

I'm pretty sure its the books. They were easy to destroy, and not many were printed cuz no one know what they were.

The late R-series modules ("Dwarven" Quest for the Rod of 7 Parts, etc.). So rate there aren't even scans.

>"Dwarven" Quest for the Rod of 7 Parts
dmsguild.com/product/17108/The-Rod-of-Seven-Parts-2e?it=1
You mean this thing going for 10 bucks?

No, I mean R7-10, a series of old and extremely rare 1e tournament adventures. acaeum.com/ddindexes/modpages/r2.html
>The later 2nd Edition AD&D product Rod of Seven Parts bears no resemblance to these tournament adventures.

>Using Amazon pricing for out of print items.

Seriously it's just scammers. Use ebay or other auction places for price checking.

Amazon pricing is more than a fucking joke, even when people price shit out on ebay I fucking laugh. OOP RPG books are one of the few things that I will accept ebay pricing as the going rate

Being a canuck this pisses me off to no end. I have been trying to get ahold of a copy of AD&D Domains of Dread for a decent price and always get robbed on ebay. When americunts get it shipped anywhere for 3 fucking dollars and it costs 30-50 fucking maples just to ship the goddamn book they can outbid me easy

The book I own that would fetch the highest price is probably the Werewolf 20th deluxe edition which look like they go for about $200.

Alpha, Beta, and Arabian Nights were all put out in very limited print runs though.

Trying to buy Maze of the Blue Medusa from someone who owns a copy.

I wish you luck user. I had to scour ebay to find mind for $160.

What do you think this might be worth?

Oh, I got it from the pre-orders. But thank you for the well-wishing!

Damn! Glad I switched over to a laptop and tablet setup for gaming, years ago. I only bought 4e essential material that had maps and monster tokens

>What are the most expensive RPG books of all time?
It's almost certainly that near-pristine first-printing OD&D box set that used to belong to Bill Hoyt and that went for $22k: www.acaeum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?cache=1&f=1&t=16157&c=1

Even if you want types of product rather than specific copies, high-grade first printings of the OD&D are currently valued at above $8500 by The Acaeum.

>someone owns six Pathfinder monster manuals
Why would anybody do this to himself?

>acaeum.com/ddindexes/modpages/r2.html
Shit....I never knew about THESE!

Oldfag here, back in the day the Lovecraft/Elric version of Deities & Demigods sold for anywhere from $60-$300 depending on the location. Looks like sellers on Ebay are still trying to get that price but nobody's buying in the digital age.

Oddly enough I think the version without the Lovecraft/Elric stuff is actually rarer than the original since they flipped it into Legends & Lore soon after.

Still have mine, glad I never let players 'borrow' it.

The person I was comparing the price to also used Amazon. So......

I like reading about monsters? Always have. I've got some books about the history of vampires in movies and other fictional mediums. And, I have lots and lots of role playing books. I just like reading them.

IDK why Bestiary 4 has misaligned text, tho.

In all seriousness, trying to actually buy RPG books is hell.

>I like reading about monsters?
If you actually like monsters, that just makes torturing yourself with PF books even harder to understand.

>IDK why Bestiary 4 has misaligned text, tho.
Didn't Paizo deliberately hire Skip Williams after WotC fired him for being such a tard?

I'm thinking competence is an accident in that outfit.

>If you actually like monsters, that just makes torturing yourself with PF books even harder to understand.
What would you recommend instead? I've read most other systems monster manuals.

Also, I think Pathfinders take on Neutral Evil outsides is pretty interesting. Asuras are also very fascinating, like Onamahli the Twice Pure

Huh, i have one of them.
Unsure if i should try make some mad dosh or keep it on my shelf to display my power level.

I've released only a single copy of a single edition of my RPG and I've listed it for $48,000

I'm in the market for a trap/furry ERP system, where can I pick it up?

What's it about?
>Pic Related

See But it also has a big focus on sexual customization.

So, you play F.A.T.A.L. ?

My system makes FATAL look like an episode of play school with less sex

Liar

My sexplosion table puts FATAL to shame

Right, and I am a god of sex!

>A GOD!

Why are Warhammer RPG books worth so much?

Is that system really good? How is it? I just play the other one.

>Asuras are also very fascinating, like Onamahli the Twice Pure
All I could find on Asuras were they're Hindi Demons.... who is Onamahli? Why is he Twice Pure? What does that mean?

>likes reading essentially the same writeup on orcs in forty different monster manuals
I can see why user was unable to predict this level of autism.

Nah, some Orcs are more like Ogres and some more like big goblins. Some are LotR, and some are 40k.

I think I like Eberron 3ed Orcs the best. Its not my favorite setting, but the Orcs were the best.

>What are the most expensive RPG books of all time?
This is

ebay.com/itm/Black-Crusade-The-Tome-of-Blood-Fantasy-Flight-Warhammer-40k-VERY-RARE-NOW/282828381541?epid=1501911366&hash=item41d9e29d65:g:HgkAAOSwnTdaIX4F

>dat 1e AD&D orc on the far left

All of them, if you live in Brazil.