Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Make Him The Krootest That I've Ever Seen

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/26/new-codexes-factions-our-heroes-and-more-breaking-news-from-the-las-vegas-opengw-homepage-post-1/

Some bullshit:
youtu.be/9vgq75xNBOw

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_imperiumisacuck,acuck!FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

belloflostsouls.net/2018/01/breaking-games-workshop-40k-more-product-reveals-lvo.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for vanilla space marines

Fellow Necrons bros, what are your hopes for the new codex?

Share the source my friend - I will be truly happy to be wrong about this

... guess I answered too late on the last thread: Pariahs and flavored Crypteks.

4th for Soup is officially Canon.

Anti-soup fags BTFO.

Diff user
Guessing it's because they were one of the Factions that got rules in Chapter Approved

points cost reductions, some stat tweaks, interesting strategems, C'tan made more interesting somehow

This is far from being "confirmed". Source - ass then

Different user, but I heard rumblings that
"All armies will have a codex by the end of 2018".

Assuming he's assuming that means a SOB codex.

Nerfs to reanimation protocols.
So people will actually play a game with me.

Asking in new Thread:

Is the Repulsor worth it?

It's highliy likely that sisters will get a new codex, but it's highly likely that there won't be any new minis for it.

>what are your hopes for the new codex?
Harbingers of X back for Crypteks

Transports don't kill you post Turn 3.

Reanimation protocols that actually work. Also my 15 converted harbingers that are shelved since the last codex would like a return of Cryptek options, but I bet we'll lose Overlord equiments instead.

So Blood Angels had really fucking strong showing at the Las Vegas Open.

4 BA armies in top 10 with one being pure BA.

Thoughts?

I haven't been able to find any pictures or description of Daemon Prince Perturabo, so how do people think he looks like?

No source then. Shame, I was happy about this

Not a Cron player but I am digging necrons as next flavour of the month.

I dunno about SOB, but Haechi, the ATT poster who confirmed Custodes in november when everyone thought that was some dumb off the wall shit got a look at the Tau codex early. Mentioned that Riptides got buff again.

I'll be honest. Perturabo to me seems the kind of guy that as a demon prince would be literally like your image, simply without separation between flesh and metal inside.

How much of a mistake is it to model extra shit like spikes on your vehicles since they technically give line of sight to your models?
I recently read about this and heavily regretting putting spikes all over on my Rhinos.

overcosted piece of junk and shitawful model.
how desperate are you to transport primaris marines around? if answer is anything other that "totally desperate" then there is literaly no reason to take one

Shooting and melee is strong.
Blood angels are also pretty damn mobile and the fucking buffs their hqs give are absolutely absurd.

Reposted from last thread:

Fixing 40k and how to do it? Several options:

-Alt activation (or alternating phases ala LOTR) of some sort. The question is how to implement it. Optionally, return to "go first deploy first" so the person going second has a better chance of survival.
-Slow reintroduction of *reusable* USRs. So rather than Rage vs Furious Charge, you would have Charge Bonus[X]. Less "copypaste rules"=less FAQ bloat in theory.
-Removing "regex matching" for weapon abilities/stratagems and creating weapon-scoped keywords. Weapons inherit the keywords of their parents, so a Flamer wielded by a Guardsman is an INFANTRY FLAMER. No more letting Horrors throw their Flickering Flames further due to a Fuel Relay working with "any weapon that has 'flame' in its name."
-Fluff and crunch in separate paragraphs. Fluff is in italics. Do not mix them together in the same sentence.
-If the game will still use phases, clarify how "as if though it were X phase" works with Phase-specific abilities. Ex: "Can I use Fire and Fade with Soulburst, since shooting is 'exactly' like the Shooting Phase?"
-Optionally, redo Overwatch so rather than it being a "free action," you forfeit shooting in your turn. When your opponent attempts to attack at least unit within 6" of at least one unit in Overwatch, select one of the units in Overwatch. It may shoot the attacking unit at -1 then Overwatch immediately expires.

And of course, there's rebalancing plasma vs melta vs flamers, anti-horde elements, cover, etc.

>Gauntlet of Fire, Phylactery, Mindshackle Scarabs, Sempiternal Weave, Tesseract Labyrinth, and Tachyon Arrow.

We already lost overlord equipment. What are you talking about?

>dark eldar are supposed to be all into gene splicing a la scourges or other kinds of strange things, body modification, vicious and unrestrained self expression
>nobody paints their skin anything other than pale white
where are my tattoos, or full body paint, or gene-modded kabal to suit the fancy of it's archon. blue skinned dark eldar

This. I tried playing against another cron player yesterday and it was boring as fuck.
I'm okay with losing but losing while barely hurting the enemy is bullshit.

Spikes, banners and other decorations don't count for LoS.

They literally said it at the LVO presser.

belloflostsouls.net/2018/01/breaking-games-workshop-40k-more-product-reveals-lvo.html

I was sitting in the room when they said 'All 40k codexes should be done before the end of the year'

>want to make exodites but it won't mesh well with the rest of my dudes

Not sure what to do.
Don't really want to go out, just want some dinoriding shining spears.

Why is Veeky Forums loving primaris so much, they really bland looking models imo. And why so much sperg for the good old fashioned emperor made marines?

Considering you can gain an advantage by buying the old-style Rhinos, Land Raiders, Speeders and Predators, which are all smaller, not a lot.

In most playtested they do.

>Fixing 40k
>Implying it needs to be fixed
Get good scrub

fix gk pls

>banner is over some terrain
>they can shoot the entire unit
>only the one banner dude has los.

Yes they do, draw line of sight from any part of the model is the rule now. That's why it fucks me off that all my vehicles have huge fucking sails that allow them to be shot from the very tip.

You measure from and take into account only the hull for LOS and whatnot. This is why the FW vanquisher isn't better than the regular vanquisher.

Speaking of which, where did that picture of the Mars Alpha Vanquisher go? Specifically the one without the edits to make the barrel really long?

Have you seen a Overlord model currently on sale with a staff of light? I bet the only weapon options is going to be the scythe. Which if they buff it could be good, but I liked a shooty option.

>that smugstodes at the front ready to kill every motherfucker charging him

>All 40k codexes should be done before the end of the year
Still, no word about SoB? Why do you think GW planned to release a separate codex for them? Maybe they will pack them into some kind of shared soup codex?

>old-style Land Raiders

Not really, the model is much taller than the current one, though it is a little shorter.

just paint custodes silver and use them instead

>'All 40k codexes should be done before the end of the year'

I guess the main thing is what is GW considering "all 40K codices."

>Every index army? Or every "Army"
>Sisters of Silence are an index army, but without a release similar to Custodes, they're not really an army.

Viable wargear options for crypteks and overlords so that every necron army doesn't have the same HQs (and so that other hqs are somewhat viable when compared to command barges)

I have custodes though

sexy lady skeletons

You can L I t e r a 'll y paint your models however you like, model them however you like so long as the weapons are wysiwyg

Give all your kabalites tails and blue skin and whatever else you want

no reason to ever play grey knights then, as a small elite army custodes are better.
Just keep the GK as a painting project

I got a job lot of models last week, they've got blue skin red hair like the guy from guardians of the galaxy with pink and white armour, gold guns.

Forgeworld Custodes Rules WHEN

>look at this insignificant example of a minor thing I created since there are fucking nine different types of staff of light models and 4 different warscythe models, therefore those are the only options in the future. I am a diviner.
First off, those wargear I named never had physical models, they were point sinks for abilities: you had to custom build them if you wanted to represent them. Second off, try Amazon.

>Warscythe needs a buff
What the literal fuck are you on, dude? Warscythe CCB is top cheese, close to 6th.

What variation should I take as my third LR? I have a Pask Executioner and a BT already.

Reminder that WAAC tourney fags only make the game worse

With FW track? five years at least. Enjoy your rhino doors.

some point between right now and the end of time itself. Realistically I think it's going to be within the next month or two though.
Unlike FoC

So which is it? Whenever I see people talking about the new Reanimation Protocols it's either too weak and needs a big buff or too strong and is broken.

good thing that tau player was there to wreck his shit though right?

That is not the case anymore. You can both shoot out of and be targeted at the tippy top of an antenna now.

Which leads to the hilarious case of the guy who started snapping bits off his models mid game after his turn to prevent the opponent from getting line of sight

Reanimation is on a 5+, which sucks. Cryptek nearby makes it a 4+ which is great. The main benefit is that they stand up with max wounds. Downside is that only Lychguard, Praetorians, (Heavy) Destroyers and Night Scythes have more than 1 wound AND have the Reanimation rules. Warrior spam may be a thing, but warriors suck: Immortals in cover is where its at.

So: it sucks if the player is a child out in the open and trying to tar pit with their entire army, or its great if the player knows how to play Necrons.

>Night Scythes
*Tomb Blades

Not really, the guy is playing a mobile army and got shut down with a technicality. It's not really a good play just a dick move.

What are you smoking? I was just pointing that current GW policy is that anything without a model doesn't get a rule in the codex. And we don't have and never had an Overlord model with anything except a Warscythe. The only models with Staff of Lights are normal lords, crypteks and some named character. Which means we are probably going to lose every weapon option.

>Warscythe CCB is top cheese, close to 6th.
Against what? With only 3 attacks it kills an average of 2 marines or do 2,5 average wounds to a rhino. It's shit against everything.

>You can both shoot out of and be targeted at the tippy top of an antenna now.
So glad my group ignores weapons and decorations for LOS.

It's counter play for what was the WAAC list of that edition.

Did this just happen? Please tell me this is true.

Is this in the main rulebook? I am going to try and find the actual rule.

My entire Space Marine army struggles to deal with a single full unit of Necron warriors.

I wish mine did, the WAAC guard player could see 5mm (I measured it) of the tip of my Tantalus sail which triples the height of the model. I'd taken extra care to hide this model as big as a baneblade but he could see that little tiny tippy tip so he could shoot it with all his lemon rusts

Tony should’ve won

>Which leads to the hilarious case of the guy who started snapping bits off his models mid game after his turn to prevent the opponent from getting line of sight
After shooting you "accidently" hit your model. "Breaking" the banner off.

if the white scars player was stupid enough to not realize the posibility of the guy deploying his unit like that, and how that would affect things. especially in a tournament setting, then it's his own fault.

Was posted on normiebook and discussed here a week or so ago.

It's in the main rules yes

You don't fight waac with waac.

Isn't there a white scars commander that lets you outflank from somewhere other than the board edge?

But that “rule” is not true
As Grey Knights and Slaneesh have proven

The big problem of the actual Reanimation protocol rule is that it's extremely strong if the players know how to play Necrons and the opponent doesn't know how to fight them, but it instantly turn to shit the instant the opponent know how to focus fire and engage shit in melee because it semply stop working.

What'd this do to make the game worse? The result of the popular Whitscars list was that you needed to have something on the field.

Are you saying that the ability avoid committing even a single unit to the field until you were sure that they were going up against an optimal opponent was good play?

Didn't slaanesh just lost all heralds on chariot?

Exactly, he should have placed his own scouts in key locations to avoid it.

A bunch of things in 8th depends on your opponent being retarded

>This artwork
I miss Karl Kopinski's illustrations so much. ;_;

CCB box comes with a non-declared warscythe or SoL. Overlord Box 1 comes with a non-declared warscythe or SoL. Zahndrekh has a SoL. Then Lords, Crypteks, Imotekh, Illuminor, Orikan, and Trazyn have SoLs or equivalent-looking. And if it has the Overlord Keyword, then... Also, your point has no basis and cannot be sourced.

>CCB going against Marines
That is what the Tesla cannon is for, honey. WS is for going up against fliers, or other named characters. Crippling (moving a stat block) a rhino or leman russ is just icing. Learn how to field your units and what roles they should play.

That is your problem. T4 in 3+ cover isn't very good at 11 points.

You do at a tournament or you atleast think of a way you could get dicked over and prevent it. You're not telling me this guy didn't look at his enemies Kroot list and think "he could form a blockade... I better deploy some stuff normally".

Mine as well, but it's the unfortunate RAW at the moment.

If you haven't designed any games, you don't really know what doing all of that entails for the way 40k is played. You can't just import stuff from other games because you like how X thing works that 40k doesn't do.

The first thing you have to fix is the power disparity between the different units and codex's. Some things are blatantly awful, others obviously overpowered. When you do this, call me.

The 2nd easy fix for 40k is simply to add initiative back again, but having a bonus to said initiative value for charging, a penalty when through terrain and certain weapons also having bonus's or negatives. Swinging simultaneously feels 40k, not being able to do that and doesn't feel right.

Another fix is wound levels on some models are awfully low, such as dreadnoughts. These need to be adjusted

The ability to cast psychic powers is severely limited currently, but the fix is likely more complicated than saying "Cast every power as much as you want, but at -1 for every additional attempt of said power"

Damage dealing should scale, just needing 6's is pretty awful, also scaling for scoring hits is equally awful. Revert to the old tables from previous editions, but using a simple forumla.
If your penalties say you need a 7+ to hit or wound, then on 6s, re-roll those and on 2's, you wound/hit. Solves various issues, such as lasguns obliterating titans

There's innumerable other fixes, but I'm not here to do GW's job, that's what other suckers will do for free.

While having the model inside a kit still being sold.
It makes no sense I have expects next Codex to have random units added and removed regardless of the current model line

Yes, looks like the anons that said that any part of the model needs to be visible, not just hull, were right.
RIP vehicle decorations.

>Nerf Riptide to uselessness to sate the masses
>tau dweebs burn their grey models, people are now distracted by how much they hate conscripts, daemons, and then eldar
>buff the Riptide and kick off the sales train once more

gg

I personally never picked up marines because the disosiation between fluff and crunch, might start a spess mihreen army now of the blood reavens variety

Using 1-2 units special rules for deployment, of which the other player should have been aware of, isn't waac and you know it
You salty motherfucker

>You can both shoot out of and be targeted at the tippy top of an antenna now.
That fucking sucks. Not only does that discourage some conversions it fucks some armys badly like DE.

Alright found it, it wasn't in one of the articles, they said it at the LVO Press thing
Use any report of the event you like from whatever site you want but this example is taken from BoLS:
>10:27 – WARHAMMER 40,000

>10:28 – 40K – No Asdrubael Vect for Dark Eldar

>10:31 – 40K – T’au book emphasizes T’au, not the Kroot

>10:32 – 40K – MAJOR changes coming for Necrons, compared to them in Index:Xenos

>10:35 – 40K – Necrons have a “+1 rend Dynasty”

>10:37 – 40K Codexes should all be done in less than a year

Let's be honest though, most anons here (and I'm including myself in this) aren't actually good enough players for vehicle decorations to mean the difference between winning and losing at 40k.

You spell the way my girlfriend reads.